A nice contradiction...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

J.M FcThumbs-Up
This is a nice one that kept me busy lately...

Ep 1 to 3;
Anakin fails (by the will of the Force...at this time the dark side is too strong) to complete his mission as the Chosen One, by making all the wrong choices( a paved road....as by the will of the force).
Why?>He doesn't believe in himself anymore, he's too depended on the will of the Dark Side(Sidious).
The Dark Side in the form of the Sith is the imbalance, not the Dark Side itself...
Also the fact that Obi-Wan fails to believe in his own apprentice is a grade to Anakin's seduction...
Hence>Dark reign, chaos, jedi-death and important...2 Sith and an army of Darkness...

Ep4 to 6;
Luke succeedes(by the will of the Force...at this time the Light Side is growing again).
All the light force manifests in one powerfull Force-user(Luke), after the death of Yoda and Kenobi ofcourse!
Is this the cliffhanger overall(1 to 6), could it mean still mean that Luke will be the Chosen One or is it that Luke, apart from making all the right choices(a paved road...as by the will of the force), makes his Father believe again(through the salvation of the Light Side) he is The Chosen One!!!!!
Making him reverse the imbalance back into balance in the end!

!Anakin rejected control, where Luke learned control!

You would almost think that it is just one big plan of the Force to this point to get rid off evil-guys forever.
Look at this contradiction with another aspect;
In the first three Episodes the Dark Side is so strong that all the Jedi must make the wrong choices as their vision is clouded...this is the perfect moment for an evil do-er to strike...
In the last three Episodes the Light Side is so strong that all the Darksiders make the wrong choices as their vision is in return clouded(except Vader, he is growing towards the Light Side again>Feelings for his son, distracts Palps with ease etc... etc...)
It's obvious that the Light Side flows heavily through both Luke and Vader at that point...so all things that went wrong will be set right in the end...!!!!!!!!!!Isn't that a nice Prophecy?!!!!!!!!

I think the Prophecy was meant to be like this, if you just look at all the actions/dialog/happenings througout the saga!
Perhaps Episode3 gives us all new cliffhangers or things to look for in the bigger picture.

Oh ehhhhh, just a thought .....this thread is open to all kinda counterparts, contradictions, controverse and such what you can think of...NOT just this subject...

tabletalkarguebangin

The Ones
i didnt read all that but what i picked up from that is that you think luke is the chosen one

george clearly stated that anakin was the chosen one. correct me if im mistaken

J.M FcThumbs-Up
No that's not what I meant, because this one is just an open interpretation about the contradiction of two trilogies or as you can say the difference between Luke and Anakin.
The choices they make and for what reason...

But thanks for mentioning that GL-statement...I forgot about that!

Peace wink smokin'

XX Emperor XX
confused Huh???? I have to read that again you lost me on some parts

Snakebyte
it would be interested what the third trilogy would telll... big grin

perhaps a jedi who makes no decision at all... wink

DARTH DADDY
The force doesn't have a will. It's just there and it's on you to grow in it with wisdom and knowledge. The darkside is not stronger but more seductive. He had issues because of his mom and that he thought, as a lot of teenagers do, that he was better then his teacher or parent, and could make the right decisions. He needed to learn that he still had a lot to learn, and power without humility isn't a good thing.

The Ones
how the hell can he do that? just staring blankly into space for 3 movies. thats worse than supershadows

lol

XX Emperor XX
Getting back to chosen one theory despite Anakin making all the wrong choices and Luke being the last light side force user, Anakin is still the chosen one b/c hes the one who destroys the Emperor, Luke just plays the backbone along with Sidious to entire life decisions that Anakin makes, so I think if you think about the prophecy it all involves around Anakin, the decisions he makes and the people around him. In my mind Luke played the exact same role that Sidious will play in ROTS. Sidious manipulates and clouds Anakins mind turning him to the dark side. Luke did the opposite, he clouds Anakin mind with a feeling of uncertainty, that there is some good still left in him, the conflict inside of him making Anakin realize his wrong doing and turning back to the light side.

Echuu
very nice xx emperor xx.

What's this about the light side being really powerful in the ot? It was weak and feeble until Luke was mature enough in the force to challenge vader/emperor.
I like what xxemperorxx said about the role of palpatine being a little like luke. All the movies have this similarity type coolness that gl put in.

eXSBass
By all means. don't get confused. Anakin is the chosen one. Luke just helped Anakin to see why he was the chosen one, just as Obi Wan tried. Remember, Return of the Jedi actually means return of Anakin, the Jedi, not return of Luke or the band of Jedi.

bill9d9
Never heard that before. Where did you get that (return of Anakin, the Jedi)?

eXSBass
Lucas said it himself in an interview. I remember off by heart, the question asked was

Q) How do you feel Return of the Jedi is misunderstoof for Luke returning as the Jedi?

A) (I aint going to go into much detail but he first said), You have to remember Return of the Jedi is the return of Anakin, the Jedi. Vader the Sith is now gone, it's actually Anakin returning to bring balance. He returns when he see's Luke being electricuted by Palpitine.

bill9d9
Cool. Learn something everyday. Thanks eXSBass.

J.M FcThumbs-Up
I understand all of that, since I'm not a complete idiot.
It's just a theory and it's a little voice inside my head giving me such ideas all the time...(I've been a fan since I was 4 and that was 20 years of theories ago).
That's why I started the thread, not just because of the theory I had yesterday or the one I'm gonna have next month or something!
That's what this is all about, getting people to go in discussion more often about the whole Anakin/Luke contradiction or why C-3PO has a silver leg or something completly else.
I thought it would be fun just to set a kind of gateway to this sort of talking instead of a "Sidious looks Hideous"-thread or something, which get posted more than ten times a week.
Keep the interesting theories coming, I've learned so much more already or seen comments to think about untill may19 2005!
Very nice things so far.

My theory is based on the fact that in MY opinion everything happens for a reason(some sorta prophecy) or a force that guides you everyday.
I can't say today that I shouldn't have started this thread, because I made the choice already.
That's what I meant with Luke making presumed right choices, but with footnote that that happens because he IS gonna bring his father back to the light side of the Force so that Anakin can fullfill his true destiny as the chosen one.
Luke is just a new generator for the events that make Anakin RETURN to fullfill his destiny.
That's why the entire saga evolves around Anakin/Vader and the struggle between good and evil!

rock thumb up rock smart thumb up laughing smokin'

J.M FcThumbs-Up
I see there is no fun in this thread...?
Well, it was worth the try J.M FTU!

confused

Maybe a more humorous thread?

J.M FcThumbs-Up
That comes very close to what I had in mind that day.......niiiiiice!!!
big grin Happy Dance laughing Happy Dance smokin'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.