Attack of the Clones

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
When does this novelization come out....

LanceWindu
Sometime this month I believe.

Julie
Yea....this month.......soon I hope smile
April 23, 2002 is the release date for AOTC Jr novelization and movie storybook so I assume that the adult novelization will be close to that.

LanceWindu
If it is this month then it will be around April 23rd.

Julie
Yes....I do wish it would just hurry up and get here...

LanceWindu
I wanna spoil myself while waiting for the movie.

yerssot
Yes, I thought 23th of april was the release date

Julie
Lance, you're not spoiled yet!!!!!!!! eek!

LanceWindu
Is that surprise or just you're pointing out that I still have more to learn?

Julie
Just surprise...I thought you read all of the spoilers you could find. I know most of the story line, but the ordering of things is still a mystery to me smile

LanceWindu
Same for me.

Julie
I read Emperor Helmet's script thingy over at geocities...it was very nice smile

LanceWindu
you have to remember it's a scriptment

yerssot
indeed, quite a few scnes are missing!!

Julie
Yea that was sad, but It still took me a long time to read it

yerssot
just wait a few more days... twenty or so...

Julie
I thought it was only 17 more days???

LanceWindu
All I know is April 23rd

Julie
yes............not so far away is it?

LanceWindu
Not at all

Julie
Will you buy it the first day out...or wait until you have RD....then buy it?

LanceWindu
I'll probably get RD really soon.

Julie
cool...maybe you can find it at a walmat...I think their book prices are lower than most book stores.

LanceWindu
Much lower. It's only $4.00 maybe less.

Julie
Yea I paid all of $7.49....I think.....oh well that's what I get for not going to Wal mart first.

LanceWindu
I only paid that much for Dark Journey. I don't like to pay that much

Julie
Yes but did you think DJ was worth it?.....all NJO books are worth it in my opinion, but when you can get one for cheaper...go for it!!!!!!

LanceWindu
I do think that DJ was worth it.

Julie
good.....DJ was an excellent book, but if I had to chose b/t DJ and RD, I'd pick that latter because the story was more upbeat.

LanceWindu
I really really really want to read RD!!!!

Julie
You'll get your chance some day. Are you going to get the junior novelization of AOTC or just the adult version?

LanceWindu
Adult version???

You mean it will be rated MA???

Julie
roll eyes (sarcastic) ...no I merely ment it will be geared more towards adults, you know longer....more description....cooler cover...that sort of thing roll eyes (sarcastic)
*sigh*

yerssot
what do you expact, we're men big grin

LanceWindu
The goes yerss with his expActs again!

Julie
true....don't think you can hide behind that excuse forever wink

LanceWindu
What the "we're men" excuse?

Sure we can

phinney6
We're men we're men in tights tight tights

yerssot
We fight the rich and give to the poor, that's right!

smile

LanceWindu
Where's that big guy little John?

Julie
roll eyes (sarcastic) .....men in tights....scary thought

LanceWindu
Did you ever see Robin Hood: Men in Tights???

Julie
Yes I have...a long time ago, it was pretty good....wouldn't go out of my way to see it again, but it was a good movie

LanceWindu
Nice and funny.

Julie
I think I've only seen it twice....u?

LanceWindu
About 6 times.

Julie
Wow...six is kinda alot.

Anyway, I think the book is going to be good.....so I'll check my mail everyday hoping that it will arrive cool

LanceWindu
6 isn't much when you think it's been out for a while now.

Julie
true...but unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time to watch movies so I usu don't repeat...unless it's star wars of course wink

LanceWindu
How could you not repeat Star Wars???

Julie
I haven't seen any of the Star Wars movies in over a month!....BTW because I jsut received so many star wars books, I probably won't read the AOTC Novelization until after I see the movie...but that's not a big loss smile

LanceWindu
Not as long as you do get to read the book.

Julie
Yeah, I should have it by tues......but you never know The online source said that it should arrive on the 25th.
Either way AOTC novelization is on its way wink smile

LanceWindu
Goodie!

Julie
*clears throat*
Toys, the soundtrack, and the novelization for Attack of the Clones officially releases tomorrow smile

LanceWindu
You mean 12:01 tonight?

Julie
I saw the novel of AOTC when I went to Wal Mart today, I bought the NEW Essential Guide to Characters.....and a few other books, but no action figures b/c I only had $40 with me...thank goodness wink

LanceWindu
I know if I had money I would have tried to buy out the store.

Julie
Then, it's a good thing you don't have the money.....yet

LanceWindu
That's the crucial word...yet

Julie
yet...such a small but powerful word....it's kinda sad though to know that most of my money will leave my hands before it even stays there long...on the other hand.....all the Star Wars stuff big grin

LanceWindu
*Evil laugh*

SW is awesome!!!

Julie
scary laugh...I like it stick out tongue
And there is nothing for me to do but agree.

Julie
It came ....it finally came....
(what movie is that line from?)

LanceWindu
*Struggling*

I...don't...know!!!

Julie
(Toy Story)

I finished the novel......hmm maybe I should give a review:
The story basically followed a scriptment and .....all the spoilers I had previously read. It had flashes of humor....lots of well described action.....and lots of character development.
One thing it lacked was many details about the costumes...a minor detail that will be rectified in the actual movie.
Anakin's character was deeply developed. He was innocent, cocky, a bit arrogant....then when the part where his mother died came....he became uncontrolled and edgy.
Padme was more of a static character...though her love to Anakin did develop and grow....another disappointment was that the whole marriage thing was about three short paragraphs long sad ......
The action was great....though the movie should be more exciting simply because its not merely words.....Jango's fight with Obi-wan was described in great detail...as was the chaotic end battle.
There were several scenes in the book that will definately not be in the movie, yet they were excellent additions to the storyline....like the beginning where the reader gets to see the Lars family before the tragedy that later hits them....the kidnapping of Shmi Skywalker

LanceWindu
(I should have known it was Toy Story, I have seen that movie about 15 times.)

Extra scenes are always great, as long as they don't conflict with the story.

Julie
I doubt they'll conflict with the story b/c most of them are before the movie starts and I'm sure they were very careful about the rest.

LanceWindu
I'm pretty sure he had to get confirmation from Lucas books before he could add those new scenes.

Julie
yea your probably right.....I have to wait until the movie to know which scenes are new, but I think I'm going to read the novel again after I see the movie...if I have time

LanceWindu
I'm definately going to read mine (when I get it) more than once within the first two months of owning it.

Julie
laughing out loud don't you want a break in b/t reading it???

LanceWindu
Nope, like I said I have lots of time on my hands.

Julie
That's nice...wish I had that kind of time on my hands wink

LanceWindu
Ahh, I have a very simple life.

Julie
Simple can be good...esp if your an avid reader...otherwise simple would be akin to boring wink

LanceWindu
Unless you had a DVD player with an abundant amount of disks to watch.

Julie
true....I spend less time watching movies than I do reading .... and I don't get to read as often as I want...I'd say that I watch about a movie every other week...give or take

LanceWindu
On video or DVD? Or theater?

Julie
usually video,.....I only get to the theaters once in awhile,but that'll soon change big grin

LanceWindu
I watch movies on DVD as much as I can.

Julie
I only have the Left Behind movie, The emperor's New Grove and TPM on DVd...fairly small collection

LanceWindu
I got The Fast and the Furious, TPM, and Pearl Harbor on DVD.

Julie
I've never seen the Fast and the Furious....Pearl Harbor was good but too long....TPM was Star Wars....(enough said) smile

LanceWindu
wink

Pearl Harbor was long but it kept moving at a good pace. It was never boring.

Julie
I watched most of the extra stuff on the dvd and most of it did bore me

LanceWindu
Well because the extra stuff was only a documentary.

Julie
yes long and boring....don't get me wrong some documentaries aren't all that bad, but this was a bit excessive roll eyes (sarcastic)

LanceWindu
The Star Wars: TPM documentary on the other hand was an hour long a full of cool information!

Julie
You took the words right out of my mouth.....(only 8 days until the much anticipated release).....I only watched the documentary parts once, but I will prob see them again sometime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.