Doesn't it seem like..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SlipknoT
Dosent it seem like movies are coming out to DVD faster these days?

Cinemaddiction
Yes and No. Since theatre ticket prices are soaring most everywhere, people can virtually buy the movie itself for the same price as admission. Distributors are realizing that.

So, flicks that do well get shuffled off to DVD prep as soon as their theatre run is over. Indies and box office bombs tend to get the treatment a little faster.

I'm all for it.

SlipknoT
Me too, but I mean The Grudge came out what in November? December? and its already out on DVD. not that i would ever buy it

Solo
October 22

SlipknoT
Yea but it left most theaters in november December.

Wolfie
Surviving Christmas (that Ben Affleck Christmas movie no one saw) came out insanely quick. Like December. It came to theaters in October.

SlipknoT
laughing out loud I know, I think it Came out Early November and was on DVD mid December

Jackie Malfoy
Yea it does.I wonder why.It seenes like they are at the movies for alittle bit then bang right on dvd.I don't really mind through.I can't wait till "Ocean's Twelve's" Comes out.JM

WindDancer
Yup, I've notice that too. I guess cuz DVD cost more than a movie ticket? Plus a year or two after the DVD release they come out with a Special Edition or box set.

ladygrim
ive noticed that to ...

tabby999
i read in the paper that prices of DVDs in aus are set to soar because the government is going to crack down on the people who put the conversion chips in playstations and Xbox, i dont know why this gives the people who set the RRP on the dvds the right to boost the price of DVDs but i guess thats how its going to go

Cinemaddiction
Get this. "Elektra" will be available on DVD 4/5. That's 81 DAYS after being released in theatres, roughly 11 WEEKS!

That's..sad...really.. no expression

tabby999
the movie or the speed of the DVD release? or both?

SlipknoT
no expression 81 days?

Cinemaddiction
Shit. Both. eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.