adam warlock vs superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
fuss, yell, curse and debate!

norrin radd
with the gems, adam warlock

eleveninches
adam warlock

K3VIL
It's Adam Warlock, not AW with the IG or other cosmic artifacts.
The Soul Gem is powerful, but Superman is faster, stronger, and tougher.

Fanboy
Superman would win because Adam Warlock is not really that strong and if Superman would go all out then Warlock would just be beaten down and dead.

leonheartmm
adam warlock

leonidas
AW couldn't beat hercules when the watch battled the avengers, and were it not for some timely intervention, herc would have put the kibosh on him! and AW had the gem. not sure why everyone on this forum seems so enamored with AW. i like AW too, but he had to move 1 km away from the battle between surfer/thanos v odin because he was not in their league. thanos requested SS's aid and recommended all the others move back. not only does supes deal with those kinds of fights all the time, he usually does so by himself! AW might put up a bit of a struggle, but it wouldn't last TOO long because AW's karmic blasts would probably be even LESS effective against supes than they were against herc. speed and strength aren't even remotely close and supes even has the experience edge on him. and if you say he will suck supes soul - i doubt it. his soul-sucking has failed against many powerful opponents, and IMHO it would fail against supes. AW has NO chance in this battle, and, contrary to just saying 'adma warlock', someone needs to put together a hell of an argument (backed up by some serious facts) if i'm to believe otherwise. i think most will pick AW just because most on this site don't like supes. thinking in an unbiased way, the choice seems crystal clear to me.

DigiMark007
Way to go leonidas...I agree. Stole the words from my mouth (and added quite a few too). Decent fight though...Warlock has hung with heavyweights too.

-DM

the Darkone
Adam warlock is a cosmic being. He can increase his stregth to 100 class level and has done that before fighting thor in 161-162. He can move alot faster than superman adam warlock he just as fast as silver surfer and just as powerful unlimited forms cosmic powers. And adam warlock is a better fighter hell he beat the champion, thanos, drax the destroyer etc. Adam Warlock is no pushover.

leonheartmm
adam warlock beat thanos? when did this happen?

whirlysplat
Originally posted by the Darkone
Adam warlock is a cosmic being. He can increase his stregth to 100 class level and has done that before fighting thor in 161-162. He can move alot faster than superman adam warlock he just as fast as silver surfer and just as powerful unlimited forms cosmic powers. And adam warlock is a better fighter hell he beat the champion, thanos, drax the destroyer etc. Adam Warlock is no pushover.

big grin Well.........thats your opinion big grinSince he stopped being "him", "he" became a wuss. Big blue is big blue.

The Flash
What's Adam gonna do that will knock the Man of Steel out? I have so many examples of Superman's durability so give me your best.

leonheartmm
i guess if adam warlock can beat thanos that superman is just a pushover, incidently is this normal adam warlock were talkin about or adam warlock with the soul gem?

Mider
I think that Superman would win but then again i havent seen the full abilities of Adam Warlock all i know is that His ideas usually lead to everyone getting killed for one stuipd single moment of chance were He usually loses on the other hand Superman is probably alot smarter. He beat Thanos? Yeah it was probably a fast blur of power but if you think He could take on The Mad Titan your horribly wrong. Thanos plans usually always work unlike Adam Warlocks.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by leonheartmm
i guess if adam warlock can beat thanos that superman is just a pushover, incidently is this normal adam warlock were talkin about or adam warlock with the soul gem?

He beat him in the late 70's in Marvel two in one. It was when Thanos "died" and Adam "died" At least he has one thing on Supes "him" has died more. big grin

the Darkone
Adam Warlock doesn't need the soul gem because he is the soul gem he had absorb the powers of the gem over a peroid of time he can use it at will if he choose to. Adam Warlock is powerful think of silver surfer with fighting ability and mental powers telekenise and high degree of invulnerability.

Warlock 1972 issue 9-10 where he fought thanos and his darker self The Magus.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by the Darkone
Adam Warlock doesn't need the soul gem because he is the soul gem he had absorb the powers of the gem over a peroid of time he can use it at will if he choose to. Adam Warlock is powerful think of silver surfer with fighting ability and mental powers telekenise and high degree of invulnerability.

Warlock 1972 issue 9-10 where he fought thanos and his darker self The Magus.

I am old enough to have read those stories. Its not quite as you think. Thanos was his ally at that point against Magus who was a future version. Warlock started as a character called him and was invented by the hive in FF. In the same series he had trouble with the dark knight of the universal church who had the strength of 50 men. It was a good series but he is no surfer and in reality the surfer can't do a lot to Supes.

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by whirlysplat
I am old enough to have read those stories. Its not quite as you think. Thanos was his ally at that point against Magus who was a future version. Warlock started as a character called him and was invented by the hive in FF. In the same series he had trouble with the dark knight of the universal church who had the strength of 50 men. It was a good series but he is no surfer and in reality the surfer can't do a lot to Supes.

surfer can't do a lot to current supes? like blasting him with kryptonite? sucking out the solar energy?

surfer just holds back a lot. He'd eat supes.

whirlysplat
How do you suck out energy stored as super ATP? and does kryptonite exist in the marvel universe. How would the surfer know about kryptonite? The cyborg laughed at Surfers cosmic blast in GL/SS. laughing

The Flash
Originally posted by FieryBalrog
surfer can't do a lot to current supes? like blasting him with kryptonite? sucking out the solar energy? OMG! You made a HUGE ass list on all the many things Surfer can do to Superman. Please don't do it again. I don't like having to scroll down for a long time.

FieryBalrog
How do you suck out energy stored as super ATP? and does kryptonite exist in the marvel universe. How would the surfer know about kryptonite? The cyborg laughed at Surfers cosmic blast in GL/SS. laughing

I dont know, how does Surfer suck the gamma out of Hulk? He could blast him with red sunlight or whatever. Change incoming sunlight to red. A buncha things. When you can manipulate matter on the atomic level...

If he even needed to. He's faster than current supes, he can level planets with his blasts, etc...

Originally posted by The Flash
OMG! You made a HUGE ass list on all the many things Surfer can do to Superman. Please don't do it again. I don't like having to scroll down for a long time.

smokin' glad ya liked it.

Ming Tea!
Originally posted by leonidas
i think most will pick AW just because most on this site don't like supes. thinking in an unbiased way, the choice seems crystal clear to me.

But yet they get hard-ons when anyone discusses Sentry... strange.

The Flash
smokin' glad ya liked it. It keeps me up all night. wink

whirlysplat
I dont know, how does Surfer suck the gamma out of Hulk? He could blast him with red sunlight or whatever. Change incoming sunlight to red. A buncha things. When you can manipulate matter on the atomic level...

If he even needed to. He's faster than current supes, he can level planets with his blasts, etc...

smokin' glad ya liked it. :

Gamma rays are radiation not chemically stored energy.
Yes Surfer can manipulatee a lot of matter. Supes has a bio generated force field its energy seems to resist this type of thing.
Surfer can level planets with a blast, Since when, and why then when he fights all out doesn't he destroy every planet he is on.
big grin

leonidas
<<He beat him in the late 70's in Marvel two in one. It was when Thanos "died" and Adam "died" At least he has one thing on Supes "him" has died more. >>

that wasn't 'adam', that was . . . who the hell knows! AW was still 'dead' at that point. since his return he has never shown himslef capable of that again. because he's not. turned thanos to stone?? why doesn't he just do that to everyone. any other battle thanos has crushed him. below are his directory stats. show me where he has cl100 strength and show me what he can do against supes. MAYBE the soul gem could suck his soul, but as is said, many powerful beings have resisted it and i think supes would too. c'mon guys, AW might hang for a bit but this is a mismatch.

leonidas
bio:
Strength Level: Adam Warlock possessed superhuman strength which he could increase even further by enhancing it with cosmic energy. Un-enhanced, Warlock could lift (press) about 4 tons; enhanced, he could achieve ten times that level of strength for brief periods of time (less than one hour), as when he battled Thor.

Known Superhuman Powers: Adam Warlock possessed a number of superhuman properties and powers derived from his artificially determined genetic structure. His bone and muscle tissue was denser than human, endowing him with superhuman strength and resilience. Among his body's special adaptations was an enclave of cells able to tap and transform cosmic energy for personal use. Warlock could use this energy to enhance his physical strength, endurance, and powers of recuperation. He could also employ cosmic energy to negate the force of gravity beneath him, enabling him to fly. In an Earthlike atmosphere, Warlock was able to attain the speed of sound (770 miles per hour). He could use his cosmic energy to locate and enter natural space-warps (discontinuities in the fabric of space) in order to traverse interstellar space. He could also project cosmic energy from his hands as concussive force. The potency of these blasts remains unknown. Warlock's energy manipulating powers waned at the time he was given the soul-gem by the High Evolutionary. No longer could he direct concussive force from his hands or enhance his strength. Whether this power limitation was caused by his symbiotic relationship with the soul-gem or some other factor is not yet known. When Warlock was summoned from the soul-gem to defeat Thanos, he seemed to possess these cosmic powers once more.

leonidas
Adam Warlock was able to spin a cocoon like object around him at will in a matter of seconds. He did so infrequently during his short life, usually to protect himself from mortal harm, and usually he would emerge from the cocoon at a further level of physical or mental maturity. It is not known where the substance of the cocoon came from, or where it went after he emerged from it.

Paraphernalia: Adam Warlock possessed a green soul-gem which adhered to his forehead. Its precise origin unknown, the soul-gem is one of six of its kind. The soul-gem enabled Warlock to project beams of concussive energy (whether it was his body's own energy focused through the gem or the gem's energy is not known), devolve organisms to more primitive states, and absorb the souls (life forces or consciousnesses) of other beings. The more Warlock employed the gem for the latter, purpose, the more the gem began to influence Warlock's mind to provide it more souls. The soul-gem appeared to possess a consciousness of sorts. The soul-gem contained (or was a portal to) a small dimensional world where the souls absorbed by the gem would have a shared subjective experience of a peaceful, pastoral valley. Warlock's soul-gem is the only one of the six known to have "vampiric" tendencies.

he wouldn't use the gem becaue it might drive him insane, but he would likely be spinning a coccoon for himself quickly enough!

whirlysplat
<<He beat him in the late 70's in Marvel two in one. It was when Thanos "died" and Adam "died" At least he has one thing on Supes "him" has died more. >>

that wasn't 'adam', that was . . . who the hell knows! AW was still 'dead' at that point. since his return he has never shown himslef capable of that again. because he's not. turned thanos to stone?? why doesn't he just do that to everyone. any other battle thanos has crushed him. below are his directory stats. show me where he has cl100 strength and show me what he can do against supes. MAYBE the soul gem could suck his soul, but as is said, many powerful beings have resisted it and i think supes would too. c'mon guys, AW might hang for a bit but this is a mismatch.

I agree hence the brackets on my original post. Supe is far superior to Warlock. I also agree with the rest of your post. Read mine again big grin

FieryBalrog
:

Gamma rays are radiation not chemically stored energy.
Yes Surfer can manipulatee a lot of matter. Supes has a bio generated force field its energy seems to resist this type of thing.
Surfer can level planets with a blast, Since when, and why then when he fights all out doesn't he destroy every planet he is on.
big grin

theres a pic on this forum somewhere.... honestly. I can't remember the issue though.

As for why, that should be obvious, cmon. One of the noblest souls in the galaxy, and a good guy, he loves to talk and try to calm everyone down.... a lot like superman! why doesnt supes just speedblitz first and ask questions later?

leonidas
hehe. i wasn't referencing your post whirly - least i didn't think so. more answering some of the other posts that seem to want to make AW something he's not. 'pologies if it seemed otherwise.

jrodslam
Uhh Superman is also one of the most noblest souls in the galaxy, and also a good guy.

Just thought id mention that. big grin

whirlysplat
No probs leonidas, you are one of the posters on here I really enjoy reading as your arguments are always well thought out and backed up by evidence. Something we see rarely here.smile

whirlysplat
No probs leonidas, you are one of the posters on here I really enjoy reading as your arguments are always well thought out and backed up by evidence. Something we see rarely here.smile

leonidas
<<No probs leonidas, you are one of the posters on here I really enjoy reading as your arguments are always well thought out and backed up by evidence. Something we see rarely here.>>

well . . . thanks!

Sentry
bio:
Strength Level: Adam Warlock possessed superhuman strength which he could increase even further by enhancing it with cosmic energy. Un-enhanced, Warlock could lift (press) about 4 tons; enhanced, he could achieve ten times that level of strength for brief periods of time (less than one hour), as when he battled Thor.

Known Superhuman Powers: Adam Warlock possessed a number of superhuman properties and powers derived from his artificially determined genetic structure. His bone and muscle tissue was denser than human, endowing him with superhuman strength and resilience. Among his body's special adaptations was an enclave of cells able to tap and transform cosmic energy for personal use. Warlock could use this energy to enhance his physical strength, endurance, and powers of recuperation. He could also employ cosmic energy to negate the force of gravity beneath him, enabling him to fly. In an Earthlike atmosphere, Warlock was able to attain the speed of sound (770 miles per hour). He could use his cosmic energy to locate and enter natural space-warps (discontinuities in the fabric of space) in order to traverse interstellar space. He could also project cosmic energy from his hands as concussive force. The potency of these blasts remains unknown. Warlock's energy manipulating powers waned at the time he was given the soul-gem by the High Evolutionary. No longer could he direct concussive force from his hands or enhance his strength. Whether this power limitation was caused by his symbiotic relationship with the soul-gem or some other factor is not yet known. When Warlock was summoned from the soul-gem to defeat Thanos, he seemed to possess these cosmic powers once more.

This is old. Here are more current stats;

50/50. If Warlock is at his prime, Supes gets ko'd. If not, Supes wins.

leonidas
<<50/50. If Warlock is at his prime, Supes gets ko'd. If not, Supes wins.>>

how exactly?

even class 90 is still WAYY below supes. he might be able to shield himself for awhile and prolong the fight, but there was not one ability listed among his newer powers that would allow him to harm supes in any way. he might be able to try some mind attack, but supes has overcome MANY mind attacks. i still fail to see how supes doesn't win this 10/10 - peak AW or not.

DigiMark007

how exactly?

even class 90 is still WAYY below supes. he might be able to shield himself for awhile and prolong the fight, but there was not one ability listed among his newer powers that would allow him to harm supes in any way. he might be able to try some mind attack, but supes has overcome MANY mind attacks. i still fail to see how supes doesn't win this 10/10 - peak AW or not.

Power cosmic blasts perhaps. I agree with you, but I'm just trying to play devil's advocate here. Also, current Superman is as vulnerable as ever to mind attacks...maybe AW wouldn't shut him down, but he'd provide a formidable telepathic distraction.

-DM

Sentry
With Warlock's nimbus shield at his prime, he withstood countless attacks from Mephisto in his realm! He's also swatted away the mjlonir with little effort due to his telekinetic powers. He can also try and mind rape Supes but, that probablt wouldn't work a 100 percent. Superman will concentrate to fight of the telepathic assaults, while his mind is pre-occupied, Warlock pelt him with his cosmic force blasts. With the soul gem he can look into Superman's soul, and he will probably divulge that Superman is a noble person and calm his soul, to stop him from attacking. Ending the match in a peaceful draw.

Matthew Cancel
Those who beleieve superman will win are buying into the whole boyscout idea of superman. I admit Warlock can't match supes in strength but that's about it. Warlock's smarter faster,(yes faster) and willing to sacrifice himself just like supes but what makes him win is his power over the soul gem. Many ofy you don't seem to understand it's power. It's part of one of strongest weapons of both universes. With the soul gem he beat mepisto in his own realm where supes has not chance. Not only that but he also has acces to the sould world where he can teleport anyone and here warlock reigns supreme. Supes can block telepathy but not at that scale. Warlock wins easily over the man of steel.

Matthew Cancel
to jrodslam

know that though he may the noblest of souls, he still has one and that is where he falls short. Adam Warlock has power over all souls with the gem whether good or evil.

Matthew Cancel
To those that think we hate on supes are wrong. I love Superman but As a powerful alien who a force to be reckoned with physically but mentally he doesn't compare to cosmics characters such as Warlock

CorderaMitchell
enough said

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Matthew Cancel
To those that think we hate on supes are wrong. I love Superman but As a powerful alien who a force to be reckoned with physically but mentally he doesn't compare to cosmics characters such as Warlock

roll eyes (sarcastic) The expert has spoken roll eyes (sarcastic)

laughing

Keep the faith big grin

Keepit Whirly laughing

DigiMark007
Other beings have resisted the "soul steal". I don't see why Supes wouldn't do the same. Superman has also resisted telepaths, so I doubt Warlock would be able to mind rape him.

Warlock might be able to resist Supes' punches, but I can't see him taking Kal out...even at "max potential". It would probably end in a draw, or a Superman win.

-DM

Matthew Cancel
The soul gem providesthe awareness of nearby souls and their emotional states, the disruption of Karmic energies within a soul, causing unconsciousness or mental instability or even death, the projection of energy in powerful concussive bursts, the physical augmentation of a host's natural abilities, and the collection of an unwilling being's soul essence and placing it within its nexus.

This is why superman won't match it

Matthew Cancel
But those other beings were on levels away from Superman

Matthew Cancel
Supermans really does not have the cosmic awarness to help him resist like beings such as Thanos who posssesed the gems in unison does.

whirlysplat
The soul gem providesthe awareness of nearby souls and their emotional states, the disruption of Karmic energies within a soul, causing unconsciousness or mental instability or even death, the projection of energy in powerful concussive bursts, the physical augmentation of a host's natural abilities, and the collection of an unwilling being's soul essence and placing it within its nexus.

This is why superman won't match it

Mathew you haven't been reading comics long have youbig grin

Tell me who is him and what is the hivebig grin

Who is the black knightbig grin

Who did Thor beat the sh+t out of for trying to take Sif as a mate?

Matthew Cancel
Aw did not have the soul gem when he fought thor

whirlysplat
Aw did not have the soul gem when he fought thor

no but he had greater cosmic powers big grin

he had it when he was crucified on Counter Earth big grin

Know comicsbig grin know the spatterpuss laughing

Matthew Cancel
You speak of AW years ago. I'm only speaking of him from the infinity gauntlet and up. When he was "Him" I know he would have been slayed by superman. I'm talking about IF and later.

Matthew Cancel
my bad i mean infinity gauntlet and up IG.

whirlysplat
You speak of AW years ago. I'm only speaking of him from the infinity gauntlet and up. When he was "Him" I know he would have been slayed by superman. I'm talking about IF and later.

He was Adam Warlock on Counter Earth big grin

Matthew Cancel
That's still before he took refuge in the soul gem

whirlysplat
That's still before he took refuge in the soul gem
roll eyes (sarcastic) Took refuge ...................hmmmmmmmmm roll eyes (sarcastic) intersting choice of words, the only thing Warlock is good at doing is dying, he has done that more than Big Blue in a lot less years big grin

Keep the faith big grin

Keep it Whirly laughing

Sentry
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Other beings have resisted the "soul steal". I don't see why Supes wouldn't do the same. Superman has also resisted telepaths, so I doubt Warlock would be able to mind rape him.

Warlock might be able to resist Supes' punches, but I can't see him taking Kal out...even at "max potential". It would probably end in a draw, or a Superman win.

-DM

You must have forgotten that Adam has punk'd Mephisto in his own realm. Sure Thor and Surfer as have done it as well, but it's not an easy task. He also battled Magus for possession of the Infinity Gems alongside Eternity and Infinity. Warlock at his prime is untouchable. Nothing gets through his nimbus shield. What does Supes have that Mephisto doesn't. Continuous blasts of the power cosmic, as well as psionic attempts on his mind... Superman loses.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/awar1.gif

Keep It Real rock

Believe In Sentry big grin

Matthew Cancel
listen son like i have said. Warlock with the gem working as a part of him would destroy supes. All your damn reasons are from previous time before Warlock had the gems and before the IG. Supes is to too one dimensional for meet, (brute force and that it) sometimes that's not enough.
And like Sentry said Warlock has conquered the likes of Mephisto who is no pushover.

whirlysplat
listen son like i have said. Warlock with the gem working as a part of him would destroy supes. All your damn reasons are from previous time before Warlock had the gems and before the IG. Supes is to too one dimensional for meet, (brute force and that it) sometimes that's not enough.
And like Sentry said Warlock has conquered the likes of Mephisto who is no pushover.

Supes beats Sathanus and Blaze, Mephisto for DC regularly stick out tongue

So?
laughing

Matthew Cancel
supes is in a class with gladiator, not warlock

juggernaut74
supes is in a class with gladiator, not warlock I think you mean Gladiator is in a class with Superman wink

whirlysplat
supes is in a class with gladiator, not warlock

I rest my case then big grin

Matthew Cancel
You think gladiator can beat warlock roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing out loud end of conversation I had enough

whirlysplat
You think gladiator can beat warlock roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing out loud end of conversation I had enough

roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

Keep the faith big grin

Keep it Whirly beer

Matthew Cancel
I was reading some of your earlier posts and I saw you think surfer can't lay a fingure.

Why am I argueing with you

bye

Matthew Cancel
you one of those Supes can beat anyone dopes aren't you

I've been argueing with a lost cause the whole time,

whirlysplat

roll eyes (sarcastic) no, but he can beat Adam Warlock roll eyes (sarcastic)

whirlysplat

roll eyes (sarcastic) its arguing wink

Keep the faith big grin

Keep it Whirly rock

Matthew Cancel
I want to get a feel of things. You don't believe warlock or surfer can beat supes.

Out of curiosity, who do you think can.
(but please leave out obvious people like spectre,LT.etc

whirlysplat
I want to get a feel of things. You don't believe warlock or surfer can beat supes.

Out of curiosity, who do you think can.
(but please leave out obvious people like spectre,LT.etc

Very few below Thanos smile and with the surfer it depends on things which can be argued e.g. is the power stored as meta ATP will supes aura protect him etc.

Matthew Cancel
so you admit thanos will

juggernaut74
I always wondered if Thanos without the IG could take Superman out.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by juggernaut74
I always wondered if Thanos without the IG could take Superman out.

Darksied can't big grin

Sentry
Also forgetting he defeated The Goddess, someone wicked powerful it took Thanos and Warlock to defeat her.

Tribunal passing judgement on Warlock:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/wt1.gif

Surviving a direct blast from Galactus. Something Superman did, but he was imbued with the power cosmic at the time as the Kryptonian. Normal Superman would have been vaporized.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/gblast2.jpg

The question is, what can Superman do to hurt him? If they can't hurt each other then this match results in a tie. But at his peak, Warlock won't be able to hurt him. In his nimbus shield, he can pelt Superman with cosmic blasts as well as psionically trying to affect his mind. He also has powerful telekinesis, strong enough to swat away the Mjlonir. What are Superman's fist going to do??? Nothing. Heat Vision??? Nothing. Ice Breath??? Nothing.

Keep It Real rock

Matthew Cancel
Listen as far as the whole superman not being beaten by the soul gem here are my stats
Superman
Lived a huge portion of his life on a damn farm.
Moved to metropilis to find enemies basically the same way (head on) with a few exceptions.

Warlock
created by hive as the perfect being,
gone through a short series of events, (fight thor, fight magus etc)
takes a home in the soul gem.
Here is endowed with the ability to forsee things that most in the universe can't

He has become one with the soul gem and nows a great extent to all it's powers

OH YEAH, SUPES IS DEFINITELY WINNING THIS ONE BY SOMEHOW OVER POWERING S A GEM THAT IT 1/6 OF ONE OF THE GREATEST WEAPONS OF BOTH UNIVERSES.

WOW HOW COULD I HAVE EVER DOUBTED YOU roll eyes (sarcastic)

juggernaut74
How many times has Warlock died?

Matthew Cancel
(The question is, what can Superman do to hurt him? If they can't hurt each other then this match results in a tie. But at his peak, Warlock won't be able to hurt him. In his nimbus shield, he can pelt Superman with cosmic blasts as well as psionically trying to affect his mind. He also has powerful telekinesis, strong enough to swat away the Mjlonir. What are Superman's fist going to do??? Nothing. Heat Vision??? Nothing. Ice Breath??? Nothing.

Keep It Real

Believe In Sentry )

could'nt have said it better

juggernaut74
(The question is How many times has Warlock died?

Matthew Cancel
I am speeking of warlock with the gem, not when he was known as "him'
GOD HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THAT!

Sentry
Twice I think. Struck down by Thanos supposedly. He then popped out of the Soul Gem supposedly turning him into solid granite supposedly killing him... Notice the word "supposedly"... He supposedly died as well in a battle with the Man Beast(A being who makes Professor X's telepathic powers look like child play) who crucified Warlock... EX: Jesus Christ... He then rose from his grave and proceeded to beat the tar out of Man Beast.

Keep It Real rock

long pig
Warlock is so far above superman it's not even funny.
Even Pre-Crisis superman.

One soul rip is all that's needed.

Cosmic Cube
This is such a mismatch. I never noticed it. Superman is not beating Adam Warlock.

long pig
Hell, I made the damn match, and just wanted to see what others think.

Warlock can take nearly anyone with a soul. Seriously.

leonidas
fact - warlock CANNOT steal anyone's soul. it has been resisted MANY times in the past.

fact - warlock's soul gem and karmic blasts did nothing but annoy an angry hercules when they battled.

fact - hercules pummeled the crap out of warlock.

fact - when thanos and ss attacked odin, warlock was told to EVACUATE the area because the COLLATERAL damage from the fight would be too great for him to handle! and odin had a soul too. if the soul gem is 1/6 the greatest weapon in all the universes, it should have been powerful enough to fell a sky father, no? or to at LEAST absorb the soul of thor!

the incident where warlock turned thanos to stone was a complete and utter aberration. he's never done anything like that before OR since, nor has the why's of it ever been rightfully explained.

supes is stronger, faster and much more durable than marvel's hercules (much to my chagrin!!) and his will power is second to absolutley no one. cripes, this is frickin' superman! the dude INVENTED the strategy of "fighting the toughest bad guys in the universe one on one!" he's taken shots from imperiex and darkseid and a host of other high level 'cosmics'. just because he doesn't wield energy, doesn't make him 'not a cosmic'! cripes. i'm not sure if it's anti-dc or anti-superman sentiment, but come ON. READ supes, see what he can do/has done. warlock might dance and teleport and stay away from supes, but he's not taking supes out, and if he stays to fight, supes, like hercules did, will take warlock out. and it didn't take hercules too long . . .

geez, give the dude some respect, even if you don't like him . . .

long pig
fact - warlock CANNOT steal anyone's soul. it has been resisted MANY times in the past.

By who?

Cosmic Cube

fact - warlock's soul gem and karmic blasts did nothing but annoy an angry hercules when they battled.

fact - hercules pummeled the crap out of warlock.

fact - when thanos and ss attacked odin, warlock was told to EVACUATE the area because the COLLATERAL damage from the fight would be too great for him to handle! and odin had a soul too. if the soul gem is 1/6 the greatest weapon in all the universes, it should have been powerful enough to fell a sky father, no? or to at LEAST absorb the soul of thor!

the incident where warlock turned thanos to stone was a complete and utter aberration. he's never done anything like that before OR since, nor has the why's of it ever been rightfully explained.

supes is stronger, faster and much more durable than marvel's hercules (much to my chagrin!!) and his will power is second to absolutley no one. cripes, this is frickin' superman! the dude INVENTED the strategy of "fighting the toughest bad guys in the universe one on one!" he's taken shots from imperiex and darkseid and a host of other high level 'cosmics'. just because he doesn't wield energy, doesn't make him 'not a cosmic'! cripes. i'm not sure if it's anti-dc or anti-superman sentiment, but come ON. READ supes, see what he can do/has done. warlock might dance and teleport and stay away from supes, but he's not taking supes out, and if he stays to fight, supes, like hercules did, will take warlock out. and it didn't take hercules too long . . .

geez, give the dude some respect, even if you don't like him . . .

The Infinity Soul Gem was resisted? By whom?

Warlock doesn't just go around stealing peoples souls, anyway. No one's disrespecting Superman. But, the truth is that he isn't even close to Adam Warlock in power.

When did he and Hercules fight?

long pig
lol CC, I also want to know who resisted the soul gem.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by long pig

By who?

lol, I just noticed.

long pig
Not saying it didn't happen, but it had to have been by someone UBER.
Or some crazy context situation.

Sentry
Eternity hates Warlock. Warlock has some portion of his power according to Eternity.

leonidas
the vampiric effects have been resisted by abyss, rune (who actually killed warlock) and in the distant past by thor. the karmic effects have been resisted by too many to name here. i believe thanos has also resisted having his soul stolen, but i can't recall when or what the circumstances were.

any high level cosmic would resist it. not to mention the fact that warlock risks going crazy if he uses it, which is why, as you say cc, he very rarely even tries to use it. and hercules and warlock met up in infinity watch 26-27.

and i'm not saying supes could DEFINITELY resist having his soul absorbed, i'm saying others have and it's not a stretch in my mind if he did. and for both of you (long and cc): if he can't put out hercules or thor, how is he supposed to ko supes??

Cosmic Cube
the vampiric effects have been resisted by abyss, rune (who actually killed warlock) and in the distant past by thor. the karmic effects have been resisted by too many to name here. i believe thanos has also resisted having his soul stolen, but i can't recall when or what the circumstances were.

any high level cosmic would resist it. not to mention the fact that warlock risks going crazy if he uses it, which is why, as you say cc, he very rarely even tries to use it. and hercules and warlock met up in infinity watch 26-27.

and i'm not saying supes could DEFINITELY resist having his soul absorbed, i'm saying others have and it's not a stretch in my mind if he did. and for both of you (long and cc): if he can't put out hercules or thor, how is he supposed to ko supes??

Dude, Thanos has the Infinity Reality Gem. He's no run-of the-mill cosmic.

I've never seen his fight with Hercules, so I can't comment. What I can say is that Warlock almost never uses the full potential of the gem. The Gem doesn't have a full potential. As it's name suggests, the Infinity Soul Gem's power is infinite.

Who says Superman is more durable than Thor? What the f**k?

long pig
Superman ain't no Rune or Abyss or any cosmic, especially high level cosmic.
He wouldn't be capable of resisting it.

Does Thanos even have a soul?

When he faught Herc' and Thor, did he try using the soul attack?
Did he just only try to h2h them?

Laminator_X
"Gods" like Thor, Hercules, and the like seem to have a resistance to the Karmic Blasts. I don't know why superman would. Being a living solar battery doesn't give one divinity.

I don't recall anyone ever resisting the Soul Rip, although Count Abyss, having no Soul whatsoever, was unaffected by the Gem until Adam forced Judge Autolacus' soul into him, and then ripped it out again. Thanos fears this attack.

That being said, I wouldn't consider the Soul Rip as a typical tactic for Adam, any more than the Pound-You-To-Dust-Before-You-See-Me-Coming attack would be typical for Superman. Niether one leads off with that kind of visciousness

Barring Superman KO-ing Adam right off the bat (a definite possability), I would bet on Warlock. Karmic blasts would probably drop Clark. Only magicall/spiritual based entities seem to have resisted them, and that's not his strong suit.

Adam can be a puzzle. His deep working knowlenge of reality itself allows him to occasionally do things that would otherwise seem impossable. He's like a walking Spiderman vs. Firelord. How did he avoid being fried by Galactus and then appear atop big G's helmet? There's a reason the God Squad there decided to back his play. Of course that cant really be reflected in a bio-type rundown, or even measured.

He certainly could beat Superman, but I'd never under-estimate a faster-than-a-speeding-bullet right cross either.

Sentry

Warlock battled Rune for at least a couple days. He did it without his cosmic, karma staff, and psionics. He battled him in hand to hand combat. Yeah, he lost the battle, but he didn't die. He spun himself in a cocoon to prevent Rune stealing his blood/soul, and he emerged a few hunderd thousand years later so it says, in lab built around him, with a new host of abilities. He then meets a person with a near identical match to his DNA, Noel whom he mistakes as his brother, but later turns into the new Rune, and Warlock then kills him off. He hopped into Rune's head and performed an exorcism of his soul, and Rune dies. By the way this all happens in the Ultraverse. If he used all of his powers the first time, it would have been all Warlock. Is superman Thanos? No. I don't think he could resist the gem.

Keep It Real rock

Laminator_X
I'm not sure those Ultraverse stories are in Continuity. They involved the Infinity Gens being destroyed, as part of that "Black September" nonsense. But they reappeared (along with the Black Knight) with no mention of that ever having happenned.

Sentry
leonidas brought it up, I'm just telling him what happened.

long pig
Indeed.
Good lookin out Sentry.

Laminator_X
Indeed II.

I really would like to find the old Counter-Earth era warlock stories. I have almost all his appearances apart from those.

OT: By the by, did Starlin ever write a third 'Breed mini?

whirlysplat
Superman would resist it the same way ehen he wrestled Asmodel he didn't burst into flames, because his is the strongest and purest of Souls.

Splattered

smokin'

long pig
No. he wouldn't.
Strong soul or not, you cannot resist the gem.
And SM cant handle his telepathy, and you act like Superman has a speed advantage, he doesn't.

Warlock would end it in a nanosecond if he was in bloodlust.
You need to read more classic marvel, IG sagas included.
You just simply don't know much about marvel, which is fine, but don't get pissy when people call you names.

Superman is nothing compaired to most cosmics. He's an Earth hero who does things on a planetary scale, cosmics do things on a universal scale.

whirlysplat
No. he wouldn't.
And SM cant handle his telepathy, and you act like Superman has a speed advantage, he doesn't.

You just simply don't know much about marvel, which is fine, but don't get pissy when people call you names.

Superman is nothing compaired to most cosmics. He's an Earth hero who does things on a planetary scale, cosmics do things on a universal scale.

Infinity gems don't work in DCU, I've read all the Infinity sagasand who's "pissy"? show me the post and stop squealing piggy.

big grin or squeal if thats what you do big grin Squeal Piggy, Squeal big grin

whirlysplat
No. he wouldn't.

Your right I read less Marvel now, I still have over 10,000 Marvel comics dating back to 1975 big grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Well he beats Darkseid and Braniac regularly, He is a cosmic big grin

Keepit whirly big grin

whirlysplat
Your right I read less Marvel now, I still have over 10,000 Marvel comics dating back to 1975 big grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Well he beats Darkseid and Braniac regularly, He is a cosmic big grin and DC earths protector.

Keepit whirly big grin

whirlysplat
No. he wouldn't.

What are you talking about confused

Squeal Piggy Squeal laughing

For Classic Marvel try this thread

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t346164.html

Know classic Marvel, Know Whirlysplat big grin

Keep the faith

and Squeal piggy, squeal

laughing

long pig
Didn't the back wood inbred's from Deliverence say "squeel piggy" right before they anally rape people?

hmmm.....you stay far away from me, whirley....very very far. big grin big grin

whirlysplat
Didn't the back wood inbred's from Deliverence say "squeel piggy" right before they anally rape people?

hmmm.....you stay far away from me, whirley....very very far. big grin big grin

did they confused laughing

long pig
laughing out loud yes they did!

And it's haunted me ever since!

whirlysplat
angel Burt Reynolds best movie, must have been sub conscious laughing

leonidas
<<Superman is nothing compaired to most cosmics. He's an Earth hero who does things on a planetary scale, cosmics do things on a universal scale.>>

long, he's beaten darkseid, one of dc's MOST cosmics. he's fought a war against imperiex, a galactus-level cosmic! he played a monumental role in crisis - the MOST 'cosmic book' ever.

to say supes is NOT 'cosmic' is ridiculous, long.

<<Adam Warlock has demonstrated no psionic abilities. But he seems to have a defense to psionic attacks.>>

that's from his marvel bio. so he's not using telepathy to screw with supe's head - something supes has high resistance to anyway.

now, to say supes could have his soul sucked is a debatable point in IMHO. for the sake of argument (otherwise it's ridiculous to put ANYONE up against AW, and common sense and comicbook history clearly shows this should NOT be the case) i say he would NOT be able to drain supes's soul. and there is no way his 'karmic' blasts would take out a guy who has taken the omega effect in stride, along with a veritable legion of other, even more powerful, attacks. and sentry is right of course. i brought rune to illustrate that it IS possible to resist the gem's effects. and as i said, other's have done it too. it's possible AW doesn't use the powers of the gem to its fullest, but we go by what we see in books. warlock is a mystery, to be sure, and tough to get a handle on, but he is not magical. thir and herc have both beaten him, and if he cannot steal supe's soul, he could not win this battle either.

FieryBalrog
darkseid isn't much of a cosmic.

Sentry
Darkseid gets his a$$ handed to him on a regular basis by Superman.

leonidas
i'd say imperiex is all right though . ..

Matthew Cancel
I've seen Warlock get hit with a blast from Galactus and was fine only to be on his head and I've seen superman dropped to the floor by Galactus in the crossover with the power cosmic added to his own. Without it, superman would have fried

leonidas
huh? in that x-over, reed figured that no one could withstand, let alone recover so quickly from a direct blast from galactus! reed was amazed at how supes recovered. and was AW shown actually being hit by that blast, or did he simply avoid it somehow? not that it matters - hercules beat him down, so has thor. multiple times. again, if he can't steal supe's soul, he is not winning this battle . . .

and if you somehow think somehow AW is in galactus's league, (which is what is implied if he can take a direct shot from g and remain utterly unfazed) you shouldn't be in the discussion . . .

Matthew Cancel
no that's not what I'm saying.

I'm saying that Warlovk took ( which he did) and landed on Galactus head. I'm only making the remark he's durable. I'd be retarded to believe warlock in on par with galactus.

What I'm comparing is that that supes with all his powers(and the addition of the power cosmic did not take the shot the same way as warlock)

Matthew Cancel
Yes AW was shown being hit

whirlysplat
As I stated early on and could not be bothered to argue and Leo actually argued far better than I could, if you "know" comics Supes is a cosmic and considerably more so than Adam Warlock: Because he "chooses" to be an earthbound god, I think its even more reason to respect him. His soul is more MAN than super big grin

Keep the faith rock

respect Leo big grin

juggernaut74
I remember in the Superman/FF crossover that Superman took a direct shot from Reeds security system. The shot he took was said by Reed to be powerful enough to shatter adamantium.

Superman took it unharmed.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by juggernaut74
I remember in the Superman/FF crossover that Superman took a direct shot from Reeds security system. The shot he took was said by Reed to be powerful enough to shatter adamantium.

Superman took it unharmed.

point made nicely smile

Laminator_X
I think it's a mistake to assume that Herc and Thor didn't drop from the Karmic Blast (a lame name, I agree) because they were big and tough. They held up because they're Gods. Their soul is different and more resilient from that of a "mortal." Think about the time Thor was fighting Exitar and he took off his strength belt, wrapped it around Mjolnir and tried to channel his inner essence through them to break into the celestial's Core. The blast DID break through, and his unleashed spirit shredded Mjolnir and the belt too! (The hammer was of course repaired later) THAT is the kind of spiritual power that it takes to shake off Warlock's Karmic Blast. Abyss and Rune are both strange mystical entities without souls as we think of them. As soon as Abyss got a the soul he'd been craving, Adam owned him.
Pusity and rightousness may keep a demon like Asmodel from harming you, but that's very different from what we're talking about here. At his heart, Superman is still a man. As whirly alluded, this is what makes him a compelling character.

Re Psionics: Warlock has on occasion, communicated via what seems like telepathy with other sensitive individuals over interstellar distances, and performed "soul-melds" with others. He's never demonstrated mind reading, controll, psi-blasts, or any kind of 'combat' psi.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Laminator_X
I think it's a mistake to assume that Herc and Thor didn't drop from the Karmic Blast (a lame name, I agree) because they were big and tough. They held up because they're Gods. Their soul is different and more resilient from that of a "mortal." Think about the time Thor was fighting Exitar and he took off his strength belt, wrapped it around Mjolnir and tried to channel his inner essence through them to break into the celestial's Core. The blast DID break through, and his unleashed spirit shredded Mjolnir and the belt too! (The hammer was of course repaired later) THAT is the kind of spiritual power that it takes to shake off Warlock's Karmic Blast. Abyss and Rune are both strange mystical entities without souls as we think of them. As soon as Abyss got a the soul he'd been craving, Adam owned him.
Pusity and rightousness may keep a demon like Asmodel from harming you, but that's very different from what we're talking about here. At his heart, Superman is still a man. As whirly alluded, this is what makes him a compelling character.

Re Psionics: Warlock has on occasion, communicated via what seems like telepathy with other sensitive individuals over interstellar distances, and performed "soul-melds" with others. He's never demonstrated mind reading, controll, psi-blasts, or any kind of 'combat' psi.

Some good points, but he chooses to be a man, he is also immortal as shown in DC1000000 big grin Its the coice to be more man than god, and not to conquer the world thats cool imo

Sentry
What's Reed security system compared to a direct blast from Galactus. Reed took a direct blast from Big G. Something that would have vaporized normal Superman. Your point is flawed. stick out tongue

Keep It Real rock

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Sentry
What's Reed security system compared to a direct blast from Galactus. Reed took a direct blast from Big G. Something that would have vaporized normal Superman. Your point is flawed. stick out tongue

Keep It Real rock

Are you saying Reed is more resilient than Supes Sentry confused

Splattered laughing

beer

ZephroCarnelian
Wow.

Mr Fantastic, indeed! eek!

whirlysplat
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Wow.

Mr Fantastic, indeed! eek!

big grin nice post

Matthew Cancel
I think Sentry meant AW

not sure though

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Sentry

Keep It Real rock

Believe In Sentry big grin The blast was said by Reed to have been able to cut through adamantium.

Superman shrug it off like it was a super soaker 5000. Happy Dance

Matthew Cancel
What's Reed security system compared to a direct blast from Galactus

are you comparing reeds system to Galactus?

juggernaut74
Well adamantium is suppose to be indestrutable.

You figure the rest out wink

Sentry
So what, Big can easily do the same. You seen what happened when Galactus blasted Supes. He was on the ground writhing in pain as to where Warlock had a bit off a headache. Oh, and he survived that blast because of the power cosmic running through his veins. G then stripped him of that power immediately after. Happy Dance Warlock wins.

Keep It Real rock

juggernaut74
Well Marvel gives him a 6 rating in his durablity in the encyclopedia. Which isnt totally indestructable.

So you wanna compare feats of durabilty?

Matthew Cancel

You figure the rest out

if your going to make points like this, you should'nt be arguing yes

juggernaut74

You figure the rest out

if your going to make points like this, you should'nt be arguing yes What points have you made so far?

leonidas
<<Oh, and he survived that blast because of the power cosmic running through his veins. G then stripped him of that power immediately after. Warlock wins.>>

what?? sentry, usually your arguments are better than that. no where is it said he survived it because he had the power cosmic. read carefully, being stripped was said to be rendering it impossible to move - only because 'of the courage of the man in question' was he able to recover when it shouldn't have been possible.

and yes the ray was said to be used for cutting adamantium and supes took it easily. supes is practically invulnerable - you can't seriously be arguing the point.

and lam,

<<I think it's a mistake to assume that Herc and Thor didn't drop from the Karmic Blast (a lame name, I agree) because they were big and tough. They held up because they're Gods. Their soul is different and more resilient from that of a "mortal.">>

i'm beginning to hate arguing with you . . . (heheh) that is EXACTLY the argument i would have used to counter MY argument!! (and was hoping no one would bring up . . .) but, in defense of supes still, he has clearly been shown to be more than the normal mortal - perhaps he IS - as whirly so graciously pointed out - immortal (nice to have someone on MY side for once, whirly!), or at least more than simply mortal. he has been defined as having a place in the cosmic order of things. i'm guessing that makes him special in a lot of ways. and others besides immortals have battled and done well against adam and his karmic blasts. supes would be no different. he's stronger, faster and more durable than AW. AW has some nifty tricks, but they're not enough to win him this fight unless he can steal supe's soul.

whirlysplat
<<Oh, and he survived that blast because of the power cosmic running through his veins. G then stripped him of that power immediately after. Warlock wins.>>

what?? sentry, usually your arguments are better than that. no where is it said he survived it because he had the power cosmic. read carefully, being stripped was said to be rendering it impossible to move - only because 'of the courage of the man in question' was he able to recover when it shouldn't have been possible.

and yes the ray was said to be used for cutting adamantium and supes took it easily. supes is practically invulnerable - you can't seriously be arguing the point.

and lam,

<<I think it's a mistake to assume that Herc and Thor didn't drop from the Karmic Blast (a lame name, I agree) because they were big and tough. They held up because they're Gods. Their soul is different and more resilient from that of a "mortal.">>

i'm beginning to hate arguing with you . . . (heheh) that is EXACTLY the argument i would have used to counter MY argument!! (and was hoping no one would bring up . . .) but, in defense of supes still, he has clearly been shown to be more than the normal mortal - perhaps he IS - as whirly so graciously pointed out - immortal (nice to have someone on MY side for once, whirly!), or at least more than simply mortal. he has been defined as having a place in the cosmic order of things. i'm guessing that makes him special in a lot of ways. and others besides immortals have battled and done well against adam and his karmic blasts. supes would be no different. he's stronger, faster and more durable than AW. AW has some nifty tricks, but they're not enough to win him this fight unless he can steal supe's soul.

Your right so i'm on the side of right leobig grin

So Sentry this is for you big grin

Keep the faith rock

Keep it Whirly big grin

accept no imitations, their is only one Supes big grin

juggernaut74

accept no imitations, their is only one Supes big grin Ouch, thats below the belt.

But you are 100% correct.

whirlysplat
and this is not him, this mini series was cool though!

Matthew Cancel
nobody seems to even mension the Access comics were Superman had trouble with( are you kidding me) VENOM ****ING VENOM

Ahh makes me dirty just saying that.

whirlysplat
nobody seems to even mension the Access comics were Superman had trouble with( are you kidding me) VENOM ****ING VENOM

Ahh makes me dirty just saying that.

it was bad writing big grin It happens Matt, your right it is grossbig grin like when Ben grimm floors the Surfer|big grin

Matthew Cancel
I know this is off topic but the thanos and surfer vs odin, fight i have been looking for iy
what issue is it

Sentry
Up. I like this thread. Up ^

Gamma Crush!
it was bad writing big grin It happens Matt, your right it is grossbig grin like when Ben grimm floors the Surfer|big grin

I concurr. By attacking Superman, Venom would do more damage to himself than intended harm.

However, Adam Warlock is no Venom.

Laminator_X
Thanos + Surfer vs. Odin in Infinity Watch #25, complete with gimmicky 90's cover.

Superman certainly has a special place in the mythos of comics. In some ways he's harder to pin down than Warlock because he's been portrayed so many different ways by so many (mostly) tallented writers. Sometimes he's a Kansas famboy with biophysical powers, sometimes he's a mythical being whose stature is almost too large to fit on the page.

Warlock could take the former, but not the latter.

This is fun, thanks guys.

leonidas
<<Warlock could take the former, but not the latter.
This is fun, thanks guys.>>

well said. and i'll agree to that wholeheartedly. all parts of it!

whirlysplat
Supes is Supes! A superMAN because he, although not human has humanity, but who when he wants to be; can notch it up a level and beat gods big grin

He is what other heroes aspire to bebig grin

Sentry
Now I remember how Warlock lost to Thor.

Him who is Adam Warlock, battled a Warrior Madness Thor. Thor's powers ten fold. Thor would have won that match, but he was inexperienced, and was goaded into battling Thor in hand to hand combat, which proved futile. Imagine that, what he would do to Superman. Keep in mind that Warlock only had his base powers at the time. Telepathy, Telekinesis, and ability to tap the power cosmic. This was Adam before he had the Soul Gem. This was a class 40 holding his own against a Warrior Madness Thor.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/thor-166.jpg

GODSCRIBE
supes is cool but he loses 10/10

Darth Kal-El
If AW doesnt have his gem, then Superman 6/10. If he doesnt, then AW 10/10-

doctorstrongbad
Adam Warlock wins this battle.

GODSCRIBE
Agreed. Adam is too much for Supes.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>