Connecting The Trilogies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkYoda
How cool would it be at the end of Episode III if the following happened:

Fade to black, music appears to be heading into the credits but then fades to silence. We hear sounds of a wind storm as

a short but familiar yellow crawl comes on the screen and says...

Many years pass as the evil
Empire tears through the remnants
of the Old Republic, leaving nothing
but fear in its wake.

It would appear that Evil has won.

Yet, hope still remains.

The camera then wipes to a scene on Tatooine.

We then see the deleted scenes from ANH of Luke Skywalker looking into the sky at the space battle overhead.

It would be very much like the start of ESB where Luke watches the probe droids crash on the surface of Hoth.

I think that could connect really well with the OT and be kind of an upper for the dark movie we all hope Episode III will be.

yes

Ushgarak
Err, no, strikes me as a rubbish idea. A cheesy scroll followed by a pointless fade into ANH? Why bother?

Leave the connection as it is- III ends, IV starts, the link is there for all without it being so ruinously hammered in like that.

jedijunky1138
not a completely horrible idea, but......no

peluffo
100% with Ush in this.

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Count me in!!!

smokin'

PVS
yeah, its a nice idea...for any other film.

OB1-adobe
Well, I know the perfect person you can forward your ideas to, though I sure you won't get much out of it.

Its stuff like this that supports all the reasons why GL won't let any one else write and direct a Star Wars film.

DarkYoda
Maybe it is a cheesy idea...the scroll and everything. I do think it would be cool if we could somehow see Luke Skywalker older by the end of Episode III.

Dark endings are not really Lucas' specialty. He has commented many times on how he thinks the general public is going to hate Episode III because of it's darkness. Even in ESB there is a glimmer of hope as Luke draws comfort from Leia and his new friend Lando.

Whether it is something resembling my idea or not, I think Lucas may try to end the movie, the SAGA for that matter, on a positive note.

rolling on floor laughing

One way or another...III is going to own us.

jnolan
i actually think if done right, this could be a great idea, i mean there is 20 years between 3and 4, even if they did cut screens with some big events, unfortunatley itlll prolly be left all up to EU

Darth_Vader05
I think Episode III should end with the rebel ship and lead to the beginning of Episode IV and before that we should see the Death Star being built.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.