Honestly, what is the point?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alpha Centauri
Wonder if this is just me or not, unlikely.

Why do some people, from my experience mostly women, feel it completely neccessary to talk to each other at an increasingly high decibel level when they are just across the room?

When there are people other than me in my house (siblings, parents friends of either or whatever) and they're in another room, maybe even another floor to me, I can still hear them talking so very very clearly.

Granted I have excellent hearing but they're literally shouting and I walk downstairs to hear if there's some heated discussion going on and it's just talk of a soap opera or whatever. Why? Is it absolutely neccessary? Why can't you just talk at a level where you can comfortably hear each other without naturally megaphoning it?

I think (from my experience, not generalising) it's because females love to talk over one another and interrupt. So one is talking, the other one starts, the other one gets louder etc etc. Drives me insane.

Especially when, to emphasise a point, they go into some long drawn out high-pitched voice. That is the worst.

OTF, so I'm venting.

-AC

BakaXero
i hear people...
but i dont react...
you get use to it
just dont think about it wont trouble you...
there could be 1000 goin on brhind me but i pretend nothings there

Baylin
Its the human mating call, by making as much noise as possible they get your attention, if you're the right type to mate with and they listen to their instincts things may go further.
However most typical women will probably go back to shouting about the soap they're watching... stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
Sometimes it's more annoying to hear the distant hum or murmer of loud people than it is to hear them shouting.

-AC

BackFire
This is exactly why I condone hitting women from time to time. Especially when their volume exceeds that of a train accident.

Baylin
laughing out loud yeah gotta slap that volume switch every now and again... blink

BlackC@t
Why are most guys such slobs? whistle

Alpha Centauri
Why are most females such clean freaks? While we're generalising, I think you'll have found the answer to your question.

-AC

Baylin
Because we've been reduced to geletinous blobs by the high pitch catawalling of our women... stick out tongue

BadKitty
I can't stand unnecessary and irrelevant conversation actually...like I don't ever just sit on the phone unless theres a reason.

and loud talking...no way

I will admit this bothers my female friends more than males...they always think I'm mad at them which is so weird.

nitro-swicked
i dont know confused

Baylin
I always suspected you were perfect! wink

misha
women? MEN are the ones who talk loud!!
i can always hear my dad from upstairs when he's down, or when he's upstairs and im down!!
its pathetic, and HORRIBLE for when im trying to sleep and he sits right outside my door schmoll

speaking of which, people usually talk really loud on the phone blink i dont know why!!

BadKitty
wink3 right back at ya!

The Tired Hiker
Wear those ear plug thingies! wink

misha
i havnt tried but i really dont think it would work...

Alpha Centauri
Misha, that's your Dad being loud. That's not Men.

No answer to my comment I notice.

It's happening now, I have music on and my sister/mother are talking over it.

We're talking Mastodon here, heavy metal. They hate me having my music loud and they don't quiet down so for every speech volume increase, a notch on the speakers goes up too.

PS: "Men" aren't slobs, Cat.

-AC

The Tired Hiker
What about headphones? Or are you wearing them already?

misha
lol, its not just my dad, it's him, my brother, my dads friend who always comes over (god i bet you could hear him from outside)

.....just men are loud...i agree though; girls are loud...but so are men...it just depends on the person erm

Alpha Centauri
Some men are loud, some women are too.

I've met more loud women than I have men, in all honesty.

-AC

misha
yeah thats probably true actually!

Corran
My sisters talk at each other really loud and my estranged wife too, they even talk really, really fast at times as well as loud. Sometimes it gets so bad that they drown out the voices in my head - which isn't always a bad thing.

The Tired Hiker
laughing out loud

BakaXero
be like me a learn to tune out when its unessary
my lil sis yaps all day about nonsense i just tune out..
sometime you dont even notice...
your in a world of your own

Corran
Problem with that is you end up just syaing yes or no depending what sounds right from the tone - my wife got 3 new cars in 2 years, dozens of dresses that she wore just once an extension to the house we were living in, 5 holidays (OK so 2 of them I got to gon on too), AND she kept getting me to 'do it' with her!!!

BakaXero
theres another skill i got its selective hearing...

Corran
pardon?

BakaXero
should i even bother?
maybe not

Aku
It's a woman trick, while you think they are talking normal language, they are secretly planning something.

Jackie Malfoy
Woman just likes to chat with each other.It is one of my favorite past times!JM

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.