your favourite scary movies!?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

misha
hey guys!
only recently when i went to see 'the grudge' i realised that im not actually scared of scary movies! since then ive seen a few such as 'the ring' and 'silence of the lambs' but i havn't been scared!

what are some of your favourite scary movies? ones that scared you to death that is?

Jackie Malfoy
I do'nt watch that much scary movies.But when I do my favorite so far is "Carrie" I read the book and I Like the older movie.Not the seventy one that one sucked.JM

misha
did you find it scary? do you usually get scared at movies?

You Suck
If you think you're hardcore just because you watched The Grudge, you're in for a surprise! eek!

Go watch The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

RavenNightstar
Misha - You and me both, sweetie! I've been watching horror movies since I was a kid, and seem to be somewhat untouched by them. Don't get me wrong, some of them were amazing movies, and amazing stories, but to say I was scared... No, there weren't many that really got to me! But, if you want a list of a few that gave me a few chills, here's a list! NOTE: Try watching them in the middle of the night on your own, that's when you have the best effect!

1) House on Haunted Hill ~ The new one with Ali Larter & Famke Jansen. This was actually one of the only movies that actually got me a bit freaked out! Not the actual movie itself, but some of the stuff in it is quite freaky.

2) Amytiville 2: The Possession ~ If you don't like whispering voices in the dark, or crazy acting people, then you might was to keep a light on for some of these parts! It's not really horrifying, but once again, can get to you a bit!

3) Dawn of the Dead (Remake) ~ Ok, not scary at all to me, but a KICK ASS MOVIE!

4) 28 Days Later ~ Once again, not really scary, but if you put yourself in that position, yeek!

I guess there aren't many really scary movies! But the trick to get even a little scare... Put yourself in the character's shoes! That might work!

Hope this helps sweetie! Take care! happy

RavenNightstar
Please tell me you mean the Remake! The original was without a doubt one of the most boring movies I ever saw! Sorry, my opinion!

You Suck
The HOHH remake wasn't good at all. erm

MildPossession
Tut tut, wrong forum.

Anyway,

I enjoyed the Dark Castle remake compared to the original House on Haunted Hill.

misha
lol no i didnt mean that stick out tongue

oh and i saw jeepers creepers 2!! didnt get scared!

is texas like...yucky cause im really squeamish embarrasment

misha
wrong forum? confused my thread? huh how?

misha
ok thanx happy

You Suck
There is hardly any blood. smile

misha
oh and ive seen wrong turn (im remembering them all stick out tongue)

ok but any like....i dunno, i guess most scary movies have gross parts, i just dont like watchign the ones that have HEAPS!!

Dazzler619
JC's The Thing

You Suck
The Thing is so awesome.

Solo
I'm a big fan of Scream.

Napalm
Steven kings silver bullets
The Amityville Horror
Halloween

Cinemaddiction
..alls you have to do is report it. That goes for all of you.

eggmayo
Ive never... ever seen a truly scary film.
Unless its the jumpy-out schlock horror... that makes you jump.
Texas Chainsaw isnt gorey or violent, its disturbing in some sort of sublimial way.

nancy_englund
okay favourite movies, it isn't as simple as choosing one, there are too many styles to choose from. slasher; i would have to say Friday the 13th. clearly that was well thought out by the Mrs. and shock ending led to what like 1499 of the movies. okay monster movies i know right away "nightmare on elm st ap 1 & 3" excellent and in my opinion unbeaten in fright factor (mind you i was about 7 when i first saw freddy)don't get me ging on the whole VS. issue, i think the movie was undignified. Teen psycho, choose the screem trilogy, great acting, relatable characters and not so far fetched plot! but if i mention scream i have to mention the lessor "i know what you did.." really its not worth even typing the entire title, so in the teen psycho horror movies scream rates number one, even tho it spurred a number of crappy imitations. Okay, now there is the whole "sucidal maniac who works hard on becoming a killer" type of movies... well, the best i can find on that was "serial killing 101" and "rsvp", they are both good, less gorse more....entertainment value, a who done it for the 21 generation. (unmentioned: american psycho pt 2, well i like it because its got a good story line, and is more a campfire story then anything...plus William shatner play's the best roll of his career, yes even better then both cd's) because this is becoming more lengthy then i anticipated im going to jump to my last and near favourite category the classics, i could name a bunch of movies that boris and peter and such are in but im just going to name a few here..."House of wax", "puzzles" ,"the black cat "(original) is great. and "house of long shdows"!
thanks.
over

Wolfie
I will second (or third or whatever) on the original TCM. Very scary and disturbing with not too much blood.

The first Hellraiser kinda freaked me out too. Now that was a violent one.

The remake was scary to you? blink

Azrael01
The orignal house on haunted hill is quite stupid they think a plastic skeleton hanging from the ceiling is scary. You can see the string also. I liked Event horizon, Re-animator, From Beyond, hellraiser, definetly evil dead trilogy, the new texas chainsaw massacre is cool the old and new the new is a lot more violent due to the times when all horror movies are violent. The people under the stairs is cool and Night of the living dead is cool though it is kinda cheesy. As you can tell I watch lots of horror movies and no they don't scare me after a while you get desentitized.

misha
lol ive hardly seen any of these...ill have to catch up eek!

papabeard
I quite liked american psycho 2, not as bad as expected, rather funny

RavenNightstar
Oh god no, not scary, just a really good movie! Better than the original!

RavenNightstar
Yep, I'm with you on that one! My fav movie of all time!

MildPossession
I am a big fan of the Scream trilogy, love them.

"the black cat (original) is great."

I love that film!

Jennifer_Tilly
*JC's The Thing
*The Exorcist
*The Ring

Wolfie
Though not scary (I doubt he tried to be scary), the Scream Trilogy is a must for horror fans, IMO.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.