Mr. Fantastic vs. Sage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Empath
Is she related to Destiny. She can come up with a plan to defeat almost anyone or anything. smart

Mainstream
Sage is a Cyberpath..she could use her computer like mind to process a way to beat Mr. Fantastic ass.

muffin man
SAGE she can guess all of his moves and has some psychic powers

Mainstream
true

muffin man
yep there no doubt unless sage finds him attractive and what are the odds of that

Mainstream
slim to none.

muffin man
SAGE is one of the hottest X-women in my opinion

Draco69
Sage. She has telepathy and a computer brain.

chilled monkey
Sage, for the above reasons.

Scoobless
ok i get that she has a computer brain........ what else has she got? any physical powers? cos if not mr F could beat her down

Scoobless
and doesn't mr F have psi blockers? if he doesn't he really should by now considering the whole onslaught thing, i mean c'mon....... even iron man has psi protection

Draco69
Iron Man has very limited psi-protection. And Mr Fantastic does not always carry around every gadget known to man. A simple psy-bolt and Mr. F goes down.

Scoobless
i know he doesn't carry all his gizmo's around but psi protection would be near the top of my list on MU earth

demigawd
Sage doesn't have any telepathic powers. There was a couple of issues where she was incorrectly written to have them, but that got retconned soon after the mistake was discovered. She currently only has a computer mind. And she, like all Claremont women, is some kind of expert martial artist. She's sorta like Deathstroke-lite.

That said, unless she has prep, she won't be able to beat Mr. Fantastic. If they both have prep, Fantastic wins because he has a bit more, er, flexibility with his abilities than she does.

stormfront13
i think sage would definitley win!!

Scoobless
well now that we're saying "no psi" for sage, she definately goes down ........ erm........... i mean loses ............ yeah ........ loses smokin'

Draco69
Sage DOES have telepathic powers. She just shut them off for some reason. Read more in link below.

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=101

Scoobless
ok read it, now i know who we're talking about, the chick that attacked madyline prior when asleep on a boat as a secondary story in the x-man 96 annual (i think).................god, i am such a geek

demigawd
That website is all-inclusive. It includes retconned powers too. She did have telepathic abilities in ONE storyline, the one where she goes against Madelyne Pryor. She's never shown it before or since, and one of the Xtreme X-men stories explains that entire thing away.

Scoobless
yeah she's a good psi, but with her powers volentarily shut down to prevent probing she can't use them against mr F and so she loses, with the power on she could win........... unless mr F had prep time in which case she is royaly screwed

Draco69
Really?

Draco69
Sage only turns it off because she's surrounded by extremely powerful psychics and she's reeeeeeeeeeally paranoid. If Mr. Fantastic has prep-time then he would probably win. If not, then Sage would make him zip open his pants and see the REAL reason the Invisible Woman married him.

demigawd
Really. That was all part of the same storyline. Tessa's retconned telepathic powers were used to control Holocaust in the storyline with the photo you attached. Onslaughter took him later on, which led Tessa and Shaw to recruit Selene and Madelyne, which led directly to their fight. Again, it was never referenced before or since.

Draco69
You didn't read the biography. It says that she WILLFULLY shuts off her telepathy to protect her minds. Even the Official Marvel Handbook of the Marvel Universe : X-Men 2004 says she has telepathy.

Chris Claramont is getting old, he's starting to forget things. Sage does have telepathy. What else it?

Empath
Sage is a cyber path. Bianry thought process. She assess without error. not the same as a telepath

Draco69
Sage "possesses telepathic abilities to read and project thoughts, send out her astral form, cast illusions, and manipulate the minds of others; can consciously close off her mind, which prevents her from accessing her telepathy but renders her mind immune to psionic probes and detection, and creates a defensive force that reflects any offensive mental action back at her attacker"

The Holocast thing was NOT the same storyline. It had to do with the X-Force. (X-Force #49) Tessa also telepathically battles Selene in Uncanny X-Men #189

Draco69
Once again : http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=101

demigawd
ok, ok, ok, fair enough. She's not being written as a telepath anymore, but I'll buy your explanation. But if she's making her telepathy defensive only, that means she's only use it if Reed were trying to attack her mind, so it's still a non-factor in this battle.

Draco69
It is a factor. Sage knows that Mr. Fantastic is impossible to defeat physically. So she would just turn her telepathy back on. And Mr. F becomes her sex slave.

demigawd
lol, ok fair enough. I'll give this one to you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.