Seeing is Believing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shadowy_blue

The Inkeeper
Didnt Bakshi only make the one?

shadowy_blue
Ralph Bakshi did FOTR and TTT, Rankin-Bass did ROTK. smile

The Inkeeper
Bakshi did Lord of the rings

which was one film, ending with Gandalfs charge on the orcs....there wasnt another one made was there?

shadowy_blue
*sigh*

Ralph Bakshi did the animated FOTR and the first half of TTT, he never finished it. ROTK was made by Rankin-Bass. So yes, there wasn't "another" animated trilogy made, but both Bakshi and Rankin-Bass made the first one. It wasn't just Bakshi.

Smodden
My imagination has thought up elaborate images of Middle Earth...for the enjoyment of my mind's eye. Fangorn in my head was much more extensive, and 'junglish' than the film's version. Shelob was Scarier. ect...
but in other ways, some of the films views were somewhat more powerfully dominant over my simplistic ones....the black gate...The golden hall-edoras...ect...

Well, yeah..I think so. I think if they come from the 'author'(tolkien)'s mind, and imagination, and hand/pen...than yes, that is what Middle Earth looks like. If you have your own images of Minas Tirith...or what the Moria door looks like....than it's the way YOU see it...and it's what YOU have thought of...not tolkien....
and I don't think that there is anything wrong with having images of Middle Earth that are different than Tolkien...I just think that if Tolkien says it...draws it...that's the way IT IS.

It was hot everywhere! laughing out loud
j/k...I pictured it hot, in the shire and stuff because I liked to read outside during july/august. and it really WAS hot!eek!

Also, in my head I like to try to add my own personal soundtrack to whats happening in the book...

yes

drunk_nazgul
I didn't read the whole thing. stick out tongue

I saw a dark place, and everything as Jackson saw it was backwards. Hobbiton was my standing point and I was looking out to the east. Mordor was dirtier, and the castles were more fantastic.
Everything was more fantastic.
Everything was dark. But it was very summery in the enjoyable places like Imladris and the Shire.
But, after that, I just accepted Peter's view. sad A very sad loss of my own imagination.

Smodden
SUMMER!eek!
Yes, I agree, I had the same vision. And now my anticipation of summer is hightened even moreno expression

Yeah, I know what you meansad...But if I try really hard, sometimes I can recall my own images....but it is hard to not see Vigo as aragorn...Sean astin as Sam....ect...

Elessea
Yeah, It bothers me when i read now and I see Peter's version...I really miss my pictures...

The shire was always warm for me too...I coun't ever picture it snowy or anything...It always had to be summer, warm and sunny. Lots of plants and things...

And yes Shadowy, yes I did read all of it

The Inkeeper
dont sigh at me no expression

rohanspear543
LOL remember the animated Hobbit when the eagles drop those little specks onto the ground I started to crack up. But who preserves oral story telling of great stories I love that.

"Ralph Bakshi did FOTR and TTT, Rankin-Bass did ROTK. " AHHH! it's so short frame it!

stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.