Spider-man 3 villain Decided!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ones

The Inkeeper
So its not really decided at all?

The Ones
it is. he just explained how he chose it and it will be revieled to the public in april sometime

NoFate007
Visually I think the only villains are Venom, Carnage, and maybe Scorpion, but Scorpion lacks the rest of what he was saying, and Carnage shouldn't be introduced before Venom. I don't think The Lizard or Rhino or someone portrays a very visual attraction on screen, they're pretty standard.

Dazzler619
Venom isn't going to be in SM3 b/c we 1st need the alien costume and that's a lot of development

BlackC@t
Thanks for the heads up. I'm really pissed at VenomFan for making that thread, it's a thread the no one really ever goes into so therefore they don't see huge up-dates, I don't really think he knew what he was doing...

I don't want Venom to be in Spider-Man 3, it just doesn't seem right.

Dazzler619
I honestly do want Venom but I doubt he will be in future films

The Ones
i want venom. but i only want him with a proper intro. if sam does the alien costume, eddie and pete rivalry, venom coming into being, venom vs spidey and the life of peter, the film will at least be 4-6 hours long!

Corlock Striker
That doesn't tell us anything, all that's really been said is that he wants a Villian that explores a particular fault of Peter Parker's and allows him to grow as a result, and one that is visually interesting. Yes, Venom would be visually interesting, but so would the Lizard, transformation sequence anyone? Looking at a particular fault of Peter's? The Lizard would explore Peter's need to solve problems not only by brute force, but by using his brain as well, by using every resource he as available to him. If Venom is in Spider-Man 3 it will completely ruin that character, as he won't have been set up properly. Until Raimi says exactly who the villian is, that description of why the particular Villian was chosen can be manipulated to make it seem like any villian, so it tells us absolutely nothing.

Dazzler619
maybe 3 hours long but not 6

Corlock Striker
No, four to six hours is about how long it would take. Because first you would have to introduce Eddie, develop his character a bit, develop the rivalry between the two photographers, explain in a reasonable manner why Eddie comes to hate Spider-Man. You'd also have to have Peter wear the symbiote for a time, if that happens, you have to show why he chooses to get rid of it and not keep it. After all, it gave a lot of benefits, you have to show what the draw back is, and why Peter won't like that. Then you have to have the symbiote merge with Eddie, the two of them become Venom. Then Venom has to go after Spider-Man/Peter, and that fight has to be long and grueling. To do all of that, and do it well, if not 4-6 hours, you'd certainly need more time than should be in one movie. Especially to do it properly, because the symbiotes attempt to take over Peter and make him violent and capable of killing, considering Peter's personality, should and has to be gradual, and take a while.

The Ones
i know that but its decided and rami is going to stick with it so we are going to wait and see. i hope its venom. i dont mind sitting through a 5 hour film as long as its entertaining and is done properly

Linkalicious
I don't see anything in the past 2 films to decently support the notion that Spiderman 3's villain is going to be Venom.

Eddie Brock has been mentioned 1 time in the entire series. Why introduce Dr. Connors in the 2nd film and make him a key player in the plot for the 2nd film if they were just going to throw Venom in the 3rd movie?

What about Harry Osbourn? Are we to completely forget what he stumbled upon at the end of the 2nd film?

Without any mention of a symbiote nor any introduction to Eddie Brock...thinking Venom would be in the 3rd Spiderman just isn't a believeable story.

The Lizard fits the description of a villain who is visually enticing seeing as he'll be almost entirely CGI. And catch me if I'm wrong here, but don't Lizards naturally prey on insects and arachnids? confused

I wouldn't be surprised if Eddie Brock gets introduced into the movie and I imagine the whole "Spiderman got me fired!" scenario could play out.....leading to a Venom appearance in #4...but that doesn't help describe Harry's role in the films.

Ultimatespider
I want Venom! I reallly do! But i think the villian in spider-man 3 is gonna GoblinII DAMN!

The Ones
i dont think raimi is going to introduce goblin 2 in number 3, he knows how much that fans will hate it and he'll loose millions of $$$$$ and he will ruin the series. if raimi is a big fan of spider-man that he says he is. he wont do that to fans and himself

Linkalicious
The only travesty that he would be commiting is if he decided to introduce Venom into Spiderman 3.

Arsenal
The films don't stay completely faithful to the comics so I don't think we'll have to wait for secret wars or anything. It might be more like the cartoon when the astronaut(s) accidently brought it from space. I think the perfect candidate for this would be J. Jonah's son. I wouldn't mind if he fused with the symbiote instead of Eddie Brock, just because of his jealously and anger towards Parker.

Dazzler619
I doubt GG2 will be in 3 b/c when Sam Raimi was interviewed, he mention who will be in the film: Peter, MJ, Harry, May, and Villain. If Harry was going to be GG2, Sam wouldn't have said villian.

BlackC@t
Corlock Striker makes an excellent point.

I'm sure Venom will not be the new villain, which I'm pleased about.

They need a character that will provide a challenge pysichally and mentally, someone that Peter has a bond with. A challenge that allows him to grow as a person.

I think the only villains to do that will be The Lizard and Harry as the new Goblin.

NoFate007
Challenge physically - Venom is one of his strongest enemies
Challenge mentally - he knows everything about Parker, and Spider-Man
Someone Peter has a BOND with - ....isn't "bond" the basic overused term with the symbiotes?
A challenge that allows him to grow as a person - He is fighting one of his greatest villains, who is basically a standoff, and he can't rely on his Spider sense anymore for him so he has to think of other ways. He also has to grow as Parker vs Brock, and to save his wife when Brock terrorizes. ALSO, he grows as a person because of the alliance they grow together - Parker knows he won't be able to beat this guy well enough, so he allows him to become an ally, cause "if you can't beat them, join them", and a powerful ally means a safer New York.

I doubt Raimi will do GG2 because if you repeat villains that quick, its stale and uninteresting. And I think that The Lizard isn't interesting enough to carry a whole movie himself.

Corlock Striker
NoFate007, BlackC@t said I made an excellent point, perhaps you should see what my point was before commenting. here it is.

"Until Raimi says exactly who the villian is, that description of why the particular Villian was chosen can be manipulated to make it seem like any villian, so it tells us absolutely nothing."

Also you make an interesting point...

"I doubt Raimi will do GG2 because if you repeat villains that quick, its stale and uninteresting. And I think that The Lizard isn't interesting enough to carry a whole movie himself."

Then why would they have bothered setting up for Green Goblin the second at the end of Spider-Man 2, and why would they have given Doc Connors screen time in Spider-Man 2, if neither the Lizard nor Green Goblin the second were going to be in Spider-Man 3. I'm pretty sure if Venom was going to be in Spider-Man 3, we would have seen Eddie Brock on screen by now. There is no evidence to support the idea of Venom, yet plenty to support either Green Goblin the second, the Lizard, or both. So would people stop saying it's going to be Venom. Because Venom introduced in one movie, would suck.

Also...

"Challenge physically - Venom is one of his strongest enemies
Challenge mentally - he knows everything about Parker, and Spider-Man
Someone Peter has a BOND with - ....isn't "bond" the basic overused term with the symbiotes?
A challenge that allows him to grow as a person - He is fighting one of his greatest villains, who is basically a standoff, and he can't rely on his Spider sense anymore for him so he has to think of other ways. He also has to grow as Parker vs Brock, and to save his wife when Brock terrorizes. ALSO, he grows as a person because of the alliance they grow together - Parker knows he won't be able to beat this guy well enough, so he allows him to become an ally, cause "if you can't beat them, join them", and a powerful ally means a safer New York."

Well, Venom would only know everything about Peter, if the symbiote had at one time bonded with Peter. Venom would only be able to by pass Peter's spider sense, if the symbiote had at one time bonded with Peter. If Venom is introduced in the second movie, it is very likely they'll cut out the symbiote ever having bonded with Peter to save time. And then that will suck, and make Venom not as dangerous an enemy as he should be, because he won't have that knowledge, or be able to counter act Peter's spider sense.

The Ones
maybe they will introduce the symbyote story in no.3 and have a main villain. and in number 4. it could be venom because theyve already covered his history in no.3 and they can explain the carnage story so carnage can be in number 5. sam has allways said he'd at least do 6-9 spidey movies

Linkalicious
You're talking about the comic book not the movies.

Physically the Lizard is superior to both Venom and Spiderman in strength.

The alien symbiote hasn't even been introduced into the series yet. Originally Spiderman found the symbiote on Battleworld during the Secret Wars. Over time the symbiote created a relationship with Spiderman that allowed the symbiote insight into Spiderman's personal life and thoughts.

NONE of that has happened thus far in the movies. Eddie Brock has never had any personal contact with either Spiderman or Peter Parker yet. In the comics Eddie Brock does some shoddy reporting that is exposed by Spiderman...this results in J.J. Jameson firing Brock and essientially black balling him from the reporting world. The Symbiote attempts to bond with Spiderman, Spiderman denies the bond, the symbiote is then removed via a church bells' high frequency noise, where it finds the nearby Eddie Brock. Resulting in the creation of Venom.

So what you're saying is....in a 3 hour movie. You are going to introduce the symbiote, think of a way to give the symbiote to Spiderman, introduce Brock, ruin Brock's career, show Peter struggling with his new found power, deny the bonding of the symbiote, give the symbiote to Brock...and THEN introduce Venom, go into detail about why Venom is Venom, and then have the two battle it out until a stalemate is the result?

Ok....how?

GG2 and the Lizard both stem from characters who have been introduced in the films. Harry Osbourn is Peter Parker's close personal friend, and Curt Connors is not only Peter's professor, but he is also somewhat of a role model. There are much closer ties to both of these characters thus far than ANYTHING that has eluded to a Venom appearance in the 3rd.

When Venom is first introduced he is only interested in killing Spiderman. Venom was defeated 2....ummm...maybe a 3rd time before Venom and Spiderman ever decided to team up...and to this day Venom still harbors hatred toward Spiderman. Assuming they would create some sort of alliance is tantamount to taking a piss on the entire story arc involving Venom.

on another note regarding the symbiote. In the animated series, John Jameson the astronaut from the 2nd movie who's engaged to MJ, goes on a space voyage and when he comes back to Earth, the symbiote is attached to his space ship. Personally, even though it doesn't follow the comic, I think this would be the best way to introduce the symbiote because much of this can go on while Spiderman fills other plot roles like going to school or fighting other crime. Spiderman could end up with the symbiote during the 3rd movie...hell...it could even help him defeat the villain in the 3rd movie. This could help explain the relationship between Peter and the symbiote making the transition into a 4th title starring Venom much much easier.

Corlock Striker
I posted this in the Official Spider-Man 3 Updates and News thread. Since I doubt you're all going to go digging for it in there, though it's not buried that deep, and I doubt most of you have read it, I'm copying and pasting it. This is my opinion of how the plots for Spider-Man 3, 4, 5, and 6 should be done to do Venom and Carnage as correctly as possible.

"This is how I see the plot for Spider-Man 3 going down, and then the rest of the franchise after it.

We start off with John Jameson going off into space, one of the first things to happen in the movie. We then find Harry fiddling with the Goblin equipment, changing it slightly, either to Hobgoblin, or a more true to the comics Green Goblin costume. We also have Doc Connors working through his resaerch to grow back his arm. At some point he turns into the lizard. Maybe Spidey's fought Harry once or twice before this. Now he also has to deal with the lizard. Harry as the Green Goblin, somehow manages to always show up when Spidey has his hands full with the Lizard. He gets beat up pretty bad, manages to just barely get away from the fight for who knows what reason.

MJ gets really worried about him, doesn't want him fighting both the Lizard and the new Goblin at once, afraid he's going to die. That sort of thing, but he has to help the Lizard, because Peter knows it's really Doc Connors. He's been working on a cure for the Doc since he figured it out. Finally finishes the cure. Goes out to try and find Doc Connors.

At this point John Jameson's space shuttle crashes near Manhatten, a la the 90s Cartoon Series. Peter goes to the rescue as Spider-Man. Gets John out of the shuttle, goes in for the other crew members, as he goes in pumpkin bomb goes off, trapping him under some rubble. He tries to move it but can't. We vaguely see some strange dark shape shifting in the shadows. Harry, whom he doesn't know is behind the Goblin mask walks up then, with that spear like thing Norman had in the first movie, and sounding exactly like Norman says, "Goodbye, Peter."

Peter scrambles to try and get the piece of rubble off of him, but he can't. Harry's standing there over him, ready to strike him down. A few gun shots go off near Harry's head. He turns to see a few cops firing at him. He turns to Peter, "I'll be back to deal with you." Harry goes off to take out the cops.

Just then the dark shape comes out of the shadows, it's the black symbiote. It makes a tentative connection with Peter and tells him it can help him, if he'll let it. Peter not wanting to die, agrees. The symbiote merges with him and he throws off the rubble. The whole thing with the rubble of course to show us that the symbiote makes him stronger than he was before.

Peter and Harry then have their final battle ranging all over Manhatten, Peter really winning pretty easily. Even if/when the Lizard shows up. At some point, Peter is once again in danger of dying, maybe he's in a flaming building or something, hence why the symbiote can't help him. Harry suddenly realizes what he's doing and saves Peter's life. somehow taking a mortal injury himself. Peter unmasks the new Goblin to find out it's Harry. He's shocked. Harry's last words are, "Don't tell anybody." Keeping up the theme of the secrets that Peter must keep that's always been popping up in the movies.

If the Lizard showed up during this last fight, Peter manages to cure him, if not, that waits until the next movie, and the movie is now over. Or maybe it finishes with Harry's funeral.

Now we're on to Spider-Man 4.

If the Lizard issue wasn't resolved in the last movie it's resolved at the very beginning of this one. Or maybe that's the villian through the whole movie. The villian in this movie doesn't matter that much, it could be anyone. What matters is that Peter is wearing the symbiote and we see that he starts getting more and more violent as the movie progresses. I like the idea of the Lizard being dealt with early on, and then another villian or a stream of them being introduced in this movie, that Peter ends up dealing with more and more violently as the movie progresses.

Or it could be he's only dealing with Doc Connors, and it is his increasing violence towards Doc Connors as the Lizard that clues him in to the true nature of the Symbiote, as he doesn't want to hurt the Lizard.

Eddie Brock's hatred of Spider-Man is established in this movie, though perhaps he was introduced on screen in the last. Brock's hatred is the result of a macho moment that Peter has while under the influence of the symbiote, as he catches Brock taking pictures of him as Spider-Man and ruins Brock's film, to ensure his own financial well-being. Peter laments over what he did later on, unsure of why. At some point he realizes that the symbiote is evil. And he starts trying to find a way to get rid of it.

Perhaps he does this with the help of Doc Connors. In the end Peter gets rid of the Symbiote, possibly at the church bell, a la the comics. At the church that night the symbiote comes across Eddie Brock. The symbiote initiates a conversation with Brock. It learns how much Brock hates Spider-Man, and then tells Brock that it hates Parker, and reveals to Brock, that Parker is Spider-Man. Brock starts speaking in terms of "us" and "we".

Just then we get a cutaway of Peter waking up in the Spire and web slinging away to go back home. Then we cut back to Brock and the Symbiote who are now bonding. The movie ends with their bond complete and the birth of Venom.

Now Spider-Man 5.

Now we have an entire movie of Spidey versus Venom, with Venom having been properly established in the franchise with the proper background. Here's what we've all been waiting for, the grudge match. Perhaps we even some how have the birth of Carnage begun in this movie, I don't really care how it happens, or if it does. Movie ends with Spidey beating Venom, and Brock and the symbiote being seperated, and Brock getting locked up. If this is the last movie in the franchise let it end like that. If it's not, have Venom captured earlier in the movie, the carnage symbiote born at some point during his capture, possibly by scientists experimenting with the venom symbiote and trying to find a way to recreate it.

Movie ends with the venom symbiote finding its way back to Brock, and the two of them escaping together. And possibly the carnage symbiote finding a proper host who then also escapes.

Now here's Spider-Man 6, if they go this far.

Certainly here we have the carnage symbiote find a host and then escape to wreak havok on NYC. Spider-Man tries to stop him but he can't. Venom appears out of no where, he tries to beat Carnage can't. Carnage then runs off leaving his two beaten foes behind. Spidey and Venom agree to team up to beat Carnage, but Venom says it has to be on his terms. Spidey doesn't like the idea, but for now he agrees, wishing there was a better way.

They try things Venom's way for a while, but it just doesn't work out, especially because Spidey is reluctant to do things Venom's way. He's still looking for the other way. Suddenly, a la Maximum Carnage Peter realizes what the better way is, we are shown what truly makes a hero, and Spidey manages to beat both Carnage and Venom. And that my friends is the end. If I were Sony, that's how I'd do this franchise. But that's just me."

The Ones
actualy thats quite a good idea. but number 4 needs a villain and a plot with him/it/she. but i would like it if the venom story is kept there with the villain. but i wont like it if its just explaining venom. put those minor changes in and try and send it to sam of how to do the franchise.

Corlock Striker
The way I have four right now is important. Because the symbiotes attempt to take over Peter has to be gradual. He has to start out perfectly normal, then gradually be made more violent in his dealings with an enemy over the course of the film. The theme to explore it that movie is exactly the kind of person Peter is, that's he's compasionate and caring. He fights to protect people, not for the self gratification of beating his enemies to a bloody pulp. This movie explores part of what makes Spider-Man a real hero. And as I said, concievably the villian throughout four could be the resolution of the Lizard, basically turning him back into Doc Connors. Or it could be any other villian, obviously the villian needs a good plot and all of that, but the real purpose of the movie is to explore what makes Peter a hero. And that can be explored with any villian at all.

NoFate007
As I've mentioned before in another thread, there is less time to spend on the MJ love plot, and with that time, they can spend focusing on Brock and his relationship with Parker. Much of Spider-Man 1 dealt with getting his powers, and Spider-Man 2 had that big section dealing with losing his powers, so Spider-Man 3 could fill that part of the plot structure with the symbiote suit and his powers changing and whatnot. Start off the movie with a small villain like Shocker or something, and set up the suit and Brock, and by mid movie have Venom. It wouldn't be hard to do. And I don't think Raimi should have to follow the comic book, TV show or anything exactly, so there would be no need to have the wars or anything. He could easily make the first scene the space shuttle crash like in the tv show where he gets the suit, and go from there how he wants.

Red Superfly
He said he wanted a villain that will be something new and not seen before. This obviously means we won't be seeing Harry become Green Goblin.

Sounds like a personal thing this one. The Lizard seems as good a choice as any considerring what Raimi said.

The whole "new approach" thing could be that this one could be dark and dank.

I don't want to see Venom. He's so over-rated and bummed up the ass by fans. Venom this, Venom that. I've explained millions of time over why Venom is a bad choice. What Raimi has said about the next villain being something new, something completely different and posing emotional problems, leads to The Lizard.

Venom is just Spider-Man but evil. We'll see a villain doing what Spider-Man does. I doubt anyone would consider this to be "new" and different. It's just Spidey with a slobbering mouth!

Venom actually transforms into his costume - but so does The Lizard in a way. You can't say Venom is any more visually stunning than The Lizard because from an effects standpoint they aren't that different.

Also, Pete would be doing battle with his friend and mentor, Curt Conners. This is about going out and bringing Conners back alive. With Venom, Spidey is always on the defensive. Venom simply attacks and attacks. With The Lizard, Spider-Man has different motivations for tackling the beast.

Then agin - it could still be Harry as Hobgoblin or something, but like Raimi said, a goblin on any kind of glider, regardless of how different the suit is, is still the same thing. Apart from maybe Sandman, there's no other villain other than The Lizard who could bring a brand new set of moves to the table.

The Ones
i think your right. you make sense there. lizard could be cool. we have to wait till april to find out.

MayhemSymbiote
IF Venom get used, i see the using the Ultimate Venom version instead.

As for Harry...we might see the HOBGOBLIN while a backstory sets up #4.

Conners becoming the Lizard, would be cool, but not new for the movies with HULK, LXG, Hellboy out there.

My friends and brother believe we will see SANDMAN as a villian.

Me, i just dont want Goblins, or a guy with a Fish Bowl *mystero* on his head wink
Sam knows the Fans want Venom sooner than later though.

I have a feeling though, the next villian will be a merc hired by Harry to get Spiderman. HEck Harry might even show up trying to be a Hero. I just dont want any more Goblins though.

We have seen Two Mad Scientist turned Evil by a formula, Cybernetics, so whats next...someone turning mad through a Strange Substance of some kind, or raditation.

Heck me might even see the Spider-Slayers show up.

I also hope they cut the MJ love stuff down alot. Its getting abit old to many. Maybe he will marry her and get it over with.

I'm Hoping for....VENOM myself, cause he has the formula of the movies already. Has a relationship with Peter *well they can build on it in the movie*, Eddie meets the Symbiote somehow, is driven insane by it. Together they hate PETER...

The Last Two Villians hated Spiderman, but Liked Peter. The Third might reverse that trend.

I could see them using the Lizard though, cause he has been established, likes Peter, ect...

Ironman
it cant be venom its to early you have to build up to him damnit thats dumb

Red Superfly
Here's a novel idea - going by what Mayhem Symbiote said, imagine if Harry actually decides to HELP SPider-Man. He becomes The Goblin, only to help Spider-Man.

This will probably cause a heart attack within the organic web shooter haters out there, but I think it would be ten times more fun and impressive if Harry succumbs to the Goblin madness and manages to over come it, something his father could never do.

I think they should have Harry do something though. It would be great if Harry attacks SPider-Man to begin with, only for Pete to make Harry see sense and by the end, Harry helps Peter and saves him from whatever villain kills him.

Harry would have proven himself to be more powerful than his father ever was. He could die a happy man.

It would be amazingly cool if The Lizard or whatever villain it is, goes to kill Spidey, and then Harry saves the day (in a scene reminiscent of Ben Reilly's last act) but gets killed/mortally wounded himself. That would be seriously cool.

It would bring in a bit of Phil Urichs Green Goblin, who was actually a good guy.

Imagine the end of the movie where theres Harrys funeral, imagine if Dr Conners and Pete were all attending - what would be going through their minds? Both Pete and Conners know they were both responsible for the death of Harry.

It would strengthen SPider-Man even further. He carries on being Spider-Man despite the fact he is suffering terribly. He isn't sure who will be the next to leave him - MJ, Aunt May?

I don't care if it's true to the comics. I want a deep, new fantastic story.

BlackC@t
I know they wont have Venom in the 3rd, thank God.

I'm sure there will be a 4th, but that's as far as it will go.

BlackC@t
I agree with Red Superfly, it would be cool if Harry attacked Peter then started to help out Peter because he didn't let the darkness consume him.

I read in an article that the 3rd was not really going to follow the comics and it would be orginal. I'm fine with that, it doesn't have to follow the comics.

superior
hello laughingangel piletomcatvelho

superior
i will love if spider man 3 was made with carnage and venom fighting spider man and harry and then spider man made a new costume the black one then the makers will win millions and billions of dollars please make that kind and then black cat comes and shows spider man how to destroy carnage and rino come and fights black cat robottaz Happy Dance

superior

superior

superior
devil 2gunsstarwarssniperrobotrifle2gunswhat will be the new bad guy for spider man 3 send me a privet message

Red Superfly
WTF? Are you someones dog trying to type?

BlackC@t
I think someone broke his fingers (wonder why...) and he's trying to type something erm

Superior, please promise me that you will NEVER become a film maker or a writer.

The Ones
lol

#1Rupert_Lover
I can't wait for the next Spider-Man movie. but I really doubt the next villain be venom, 'cause I heard Sam Raimi doesn't like that villain. I have no idea why, though.

Darth_Nefarus
I hope it's the Lizard. They already introduced him in the second movie, and it would pump the fans up for another movie. Spider Man could easily get 5 or more movies. Especially if Batman's 3 and 4 were given so much money.

Ock
Whoever it is it will not be Venom.

Spiderman_RJ
are u not spidey fans? its quite obvious it will problably be scorpion, they have all set up, harry found the potion of strengh, james hates spiderman, and harry hates peter,(what u though that sadic smile in the church was for?) , it was like, i know how to revenge now.
back to topic, harry as oscorp industries set up with jameson to destroy spiderman once and for all, since he couldnt kill his friend himself,jameson acept, creats scorpion like the 90s cartoon, as a new hero to take spidey down, and again put the hole city agains him, so in fact cops will be most of spiderman problems plus, social life, plus, scorpiom,plus jameson, and maybe even harry makes it up with peter saving him in the end, and hopefully dieng, so we have never to see that lame actor again,
ps not again, on raimi franchise, becouse tll they change spidey 3 is the last one.

is miss simbiotic gonne people?

Spiderman_RJ

BlackC@t
Rj! you're back!

I actually missed ya' happy

But I disagree. I'm sure The Lizard will be the next villain.

Spiderman_RJ
hm im embarassed some1 actually missed me, but thank you.
and i desagree with you for one reason, sam planed 3 movies, the fans wanted 3 movies like the old star wars saga, and now sony itself is pushing this movie to be his last, so lizard has no plot and would diverge into a another spidey movie, so the vilain has to be close to spider and his powers, who else than scorpion, imagine the hole city really against spiderman like in the comics and them him triumph like the real hero, thats gonna be the best super hero movie ever!
my though of course.......ehy is bad simbiotic gonne?

Corlock Striker
I would say the lizard has more of a chance of being in the third movie than the Scorpion, because Doc Connors has already been introduced. The plots that I posted were how I would like to see the movies done if they were going to use Venom, they are in no way the actual plots of any movie in the franchise. So though I have the Lizard spread over two movies in my plotting, there is no reason he has to be.

tremerearchon
My idea follows ultimate spider-man, kind of. Eddy Brock is a student who knew spidey as a kid like the ultimate universe. Him and Peter re-create Venom from their father's notes. Conners becomes lizard, spidey uses venom symbiote to fight the lizard, Eddy recognizes it. When he finds out he flips, about spidey stealing his work. Peter manages to cure Connors, but the symbiote drives him to attack the cured and battle weary connors, hospitalizing him. Peter trys to destroy the symbiote, but it makes it's way back to it's other creator Eddy Brock. (Peter proposes to Mj, and she says no, like she did originally in the comics, and she leaves.)

4th movie: Spidey vs. Venom, with Peter trying to get through to his friend inside the symbiote. Venom kills someone close to spidey (Please god, be aunt may!) resulting in a very brutal fight. in the end, eddy manages to escape. And in a moment of sanity boards a pplane to San Francisco, like in the normal comics, except now it's because he tried to kill a friend, and murdered someone who was just an innocent bystander. CARNAGE NEVER APPEARS IN A SPIDER-MAN MOVIE. Marvel has wanted to do a Venom movie for years. Carnage is saved for the spinoff. SM4 ends with Harry visiting the still recovering connors asking him for help against spidey, whom he now has a grudge against for attacking him. Oh, and have harry start dating Liz Allen (his future wife)

SM5 Harry and connors create the scorpion, or the sand man, or both. Spidey wins, but harry recovers some on peters blood. introduce Miles Warren (No I'm not gonna in clude a clone saga, though I'm more of a ben reilly fan than peter parker fan.) John Jameson is injured or killed in the battle. (Harry marries Liz, MJ returns as made of honor, Peter is Best man. Harry want's to lure pter into a false sense of security, at least in regards to them.)

SM6 Jameson funds Spider slayers, with the help of Harry. Osborn has given Peters blood to warren, along with his fathers notes, in the hopes that warren will create a better goblin formula. Harry doesn't expect the spiderslayers to kill peter. That's not their purpose when he sends them out. He just want's them to weaken him.The end of the movie sees Harry injest a new liquid goblin-spidey hybrid formula. (Harry finds out somewhere that liz is pregnant. MJ Proposes to Peter)

SM7 Harry vs. Peter. Harry has a combination of goblin, and spider powers, and may not set off Spidey's Spider sense. Also, harry has a new costume, and is calling himself hobgoblin. Peter refuses to fight his friend, and nearly dies as a result. Liz allen, harry's pregnant wife shows up in the middle of a collapsing building. Harry gives his life saving his pregnant wife, while peter barely get's out. Peter recover's harry's body, empties his wallet and leave's him in an alley somewhere, the police assume he was mugged. (Peter marries MJ toward the beginning of the movie.In the end she says she's pregnant.)

SM8 At the beginning Spidey catches the chameleon, who is working for a shadowy figure. His Boss get's himout of jail, when the chameleon promises him a man who can kill Spider-man: The chameleon's half brother, Kraven the hunter. Chameleon's boss kills him, then contacts kraven, informing him that Spider-man has killed his brother. Kraven is enhanced by the mystery man, via genetic engineering. MJ Gives birth to a little girl while peter is fighting Kraven. We see MJ in a hospital screaming for her baby, who has mysteriously dissappeared. When Spidey defeat's Kraven, his reclusive benefactor steps out where Spidey can see him, And peter responds in shock that he thought the individual was dead. Movie ends without revealing the mistery man, but I'm sure many Spidey fans of at least 6 or 7 years can guess.

SM 9, The Man is revealed to be Norman Osborn, revived due to the healing properties of the Goblin formula. He taunt's peter that he has Spidey's daughter, and that f he doesn't do as he says, the child will meet an unfortunate end. Peter says that even Norman's not that evil. Norman says that it would merely be an eye for an eye for harry's death. He give's peter 24 hours to decide, and says to meet him at The site of Norman Osborn's death. Peter check's with Mj, their daughter is indeed gone. Peter goes into Daily Bugle Archives, hoping to find something to use against Osborn, only to learn that he has bought the paper. he threatens to leave peter jobless, as well as childless, if he doesn't comply. A mysterious man named Kain (not a clone in this interpretation, but I'll get to that eventually), appears and offers to help him get his daughter back, but not until Spidey accepts Norman's deal and causes alot of chaos. Peter goes after osborn, and kain get's May, Peter's daughter. Peter is severely injured, but as Norman in about to kill him, Kain attacks him. Kain tells Peter to get his daughter out of there, as he and osborn dissappear into an inferno. Movie End's with Peter findin out that he has lost the use of one of his legs, and needs a cane to walk. When Peter returns home, he finds a bloddy goblin mask, and a note saying that osborn is indeed dead this time, and to watch over his family. Peter retires as Spider-man, but movie ends with may shooting a web at a toy or something.

That's how I'd do it. This was actually fun imagining, and I think I'll actually write these out, at least as fan fics. what do you people think?

Red Superfly
Making Eddie Brock Peter's friend is a bad idea in my opinion.

Osborns - Peters friend, Spider-Mans enemy.

Lizard - Peters friend, Spider-Mans enemy

Dock Ock - Peters friend (in the movie), Spider-Mans enemy.

Venom - This is one character who loathes Peter Parker and loathes Spider-Man. Keep it that way.

There's no point saving Venom for a fourth movie, in order to do it "right", if they just turn around and change the character anyway.

If they are going to do Venom properly, he should be in 4. If they want to mess with the character, make Eddie a good guy to begin with, then they may aswell put him in 3 and be done with it.

This is the problem with Venom. Too many "fans" just want to see him on screen, because he is the "teh r0xor!" and forget that his storyline is complicated and can't just be re-written and made sense out of.

As we all know, Venom does eventually tame himself. Eddie Brock matures and gets past his loathing for Peter. That to me is a better character development because it shows how Eddie has matured and become powerful emotionally, rather than him "breaking out" of some spell which was making him evil. I'd rather see an ******* Eddie Brock get the symbiote and somehow manage to become more and more humane as a result of Peter's attempts. Eddie Brock as Peters friend who turns on him is just a copy of Harry Osborns character.

Linkalicious
I heard Raimi was almost up to make another Evil Dead movie.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of him coming back for number 4. Even if he says otherwise now....a couple years down the road he may miss all the comradery that comes with making the Spiderman movies.

silver samurai
is the vulture significant/ interesting enough to be next?

Linkalicious
Even though I've always hated the Vulture, he is an interesting enough character to be in the movies.

I honestly don't see how Raimi could avoid Harry Osbourne finding his dad's lab, or any potential part Dr. Connor's could have in the next film.

doctorstrongbad
They could always go with The Sandman or Electro. They are both good classic Spidey villians.

#1Rupert_Lover
I agree. they are both great super villains. I think out of those two villains, electro would probably be the most interesting to put in.

BlackC@t
The Villain has to be well-known in order for it to be in the third movie.

Apart from Venom, it's The Lizard.

Venom will be too complicated. I say The Lizard.

Spiderman_RJ
ITS SCORPION the PROVE IS HERE!!!!!!!!

Hidden 3D model of Venom
- On disc 2, go to 'The Evolution of Spider-Man', then select the 'Rogue's Gallery'.
- Go to Venom's screen, then press down from the return to menu button to highlight a Spidey sillhouette. Press 'enter'.

Submitted by: Billy James, Martin Pepperell, Steve Wong

Hidden 3D model of Scorpion
- On disc 2, go to 'The Evolution of Spider-Man', then select the 'Rogue's Gallery'.
- Go to Scorpion's screen, then press down from the return to menu button to highlight a Spidey sillhouette. Press 'enter'.

Submitted by: Billy James, Martin Pepperell, Steve Wong

Hidden 3D model of Electro
- Go to Electro's screen, then press down from the return to menu button to highlight a Spidey sillhouette. Press 'enter'.

since raimi said there wont be a venom o his direction it can only be scorpion, electro was the first cast for spiderman villain when he was direted by james cameron

SCORPION ALL THE WAY! make him baddas

doctorstrongbad
Wow does that really work? I have to try that it would be awesome if it is true.

#1Rupert_Lover
I agree. it would be awesome if it was true. Scorpion would also be an awesome badguy. I wonder if that'll be true, and if so, will it look like the scorpion from the Spider-Man movie video game?

ebosian
I had posted this scenario before.. It just seems this may be the best place for the scenario for the third film. Keep in mind that it is bad movie "karma" to introduce 2 open story lines and not follow them up in the next movie. (SM2 Harry and Conners) However, reading Raimi's lattest interview, my 2 villian plot loses traction...

QUOTE.
Here is the SM3 synopsis... Harry/GG2 decides that with his new found powers, he tries to win MJ back. (all the while pretending to be a good superhero for MJ and getting coached by Norman/GG in his mind) Meanwhile BlackCat shows up and falls for Spiderman. (Here is the drama and tension Sam Raimi wants in the Peter/MJ relationship.) Insert here in the movie Eddie Brock and his problems and competition with Peter. Eddie Brock tries to out do Peter Parker with Spiderman pictures. He snaps one of Spiderman hugging Blackcat that shows up in the front pages of the daily bugle. MJ is irate and is on the verge of leaving Peter for Harry/GG2. Meanwhile towards the middle of the movie, (plot thickens) Dr. Conners finally goes forward and changes into the lizard. And later.. Spiderman tussles with the lizard while having to save BlackCat during the first fight. Harry/GG2 is rejected by MJ and finally boils over and decides to get rid of Peter/Spiderman because of MJ and his father.
GG2/Harry sees this as a means to end Spiderman and joins forces with Lizard. Spiderman saves John Jameson from a space shuttle mishap only to get infected with the symbiot. Spiderman pushes Felicia/BC away to fight the lizard only to fight both Lizard and GG2 alone. Spiderman holds his own against the two but is hit with a wicked punch from Lizard while trying to save Harry from a fall he caused. Spiderman is almost unconsious and Lizard is about to end his life. Harry/GG2 comes to his senses and takes on the Lizard for his friend. GG2 and Lizard go at it, but the Lizard ends GG2/Harry's life. Spiderman jumps in just 1 sec too late but takes down the Lizard. Brock is there to snap pictures and SM webs him to a church tower. Enter bells on church tower that releases the symbiote. SM returns home to MJ and they reconcile. Fade to black... (may not fit the comics, but Sam has already
put his mark on deviating from the comics)

SM4 : Venom vs Spiderman
Forget about Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst if they don't want to continue. Enter Freddie Prince Jr. as SM whoever as MJ.
Sam Raimi, I know you can make it happen.

END QUOTE

dami wilson
i think all that venom stuff will be too much and too soon for spiderman films. Thy need a bigger chalenge for him to scare the audience silly. Like rhino or juggernaut or electro with the king pin or two villains who hate each other but at the same time wanna cream him. Vulture and Kraven the Hunter?

BlackC@t
BlackCat can fend for herself in a fight quiet well actually.

No offense, but I don't like that storyline.

NoFate007
I don't like it that much either. I still think it would be best if we had a movie that focused on Brock and Venom, but the beginning while we set those 2 up, deals with a few of the minor ones, like Shocker.

If they do in fact stick with The Lizard, I think it should be The Lizard and Shocker or The Lizard and Scorpion. I don't think The Lizard should have anything to do with anybody, but Scorpion could be that Harry creates him to kill Spider-Man now that he's having his hands full with TL. I think the movie should deal with both of them that way, and then at the end, Scorpion could be killed with a little help from Connors.

Still, I would prefer to have a movie that focuses on the symbiote for a little bit, and Brock at the same time and then 1/2 way into the movie, Venom comes full swing. But I highly doubt that'll happen...ugh, Raimi, you disappoint me but you'll make a good film anyway so I'm not too too worried...unless he makes GG2 PERIOD.

BlackC@t
I don't want Brock or the black costume in the 3rd either.

I just want The Lizard and Green Goblin 2, that's all.

doctorstrongbad
If they go with 2 villians its going to kill the Spidey Movies. Go ask Batman what happened to his movies once he started using 2 villians. The first one was okay but the other 3 sucked. Wait here is batman now, he is on his way to go work at Burger King. He says he needs the money.

#1Rupert_Lover
I agree. They shouldn't have two villains at once.

The Ones
that almost happened in the 1st one. sam said in an interview he was going to have doc ock and GG work together in the 1st one but it took to long to explain the origins of SM and GG so he dumped doc ock and kept him for a 2nd if the film did well

doctorstrongbad
The lizard will be the villain the only second villain will be his labcaot but they will work together.

The Ones
nah they will come together as one. like carnage and cassady. (bonds entirely with his symbiote. say's i instead if we) and movi ock and his tentacles (-ish)

doctorstrongbad
That would be funny if they did.

#1Rupert_Lover
Yeah definitely. laughing out loud

doctorstrongbad
The new name will be "lab-Lizard". Okay the name needs some work. haha

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.