The "science" behind comics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

X-43D
Electromagnetism is the most powerful of the four basic forces of the universe. According to national geographic, Magneto, the mutant who controls magnetism is the most powerful villain in comics.

V@LL3jOk!D707
well i guess thats true lol

X-43D
I guess science cannot really interfere in man's dreams and entertainment. I mean what is scientific about Superman (solar power and gravity?), Magneto (electromagnetism) or even the T-1000 (nanotechnology?). While some of the principles are based on physical realities, the contexts and attributions are nothing more but the fruits of imagination.

pr1983
most powerful mutant is a possibility...

but not villain...

gambitindaflesh
That's neat that National Geographic would write about that. I read somewhere that Magneto in the comic world is powerful enough to alter the rotation of the Earth which of course would kill it. Magneto is an awsome character.

Mainstream
yeah...but Gamby he's no Apocalypse heh heh heh heh

pr1983
magneto is arguably the most powerful mutant in marvel... only the professor definitively ranks ahead of him...

Mainstream
Apoc isn't a slouch though..their have been cases when En Sabah Nur aka Apocalypse has gotten the better of him what about Cable he's pretty strong too.

gambitindaflesh
Yes Mainstream I really wanted to post that I thought Magneto WAS the most powerful but I couldn't because there is Apoc and Charles. Except I honestly have no idea what Apoc is all about! I can see he is pretty impressive and will probably never go down but what is he? I guess he is not a mutant but what?

pr1983
whoa...

i never said apocalypse was weaker than magneto...

Mainstream
Gamby..Gamby.. Gamby Apoc or Apocolips is a mutant this is his story. he was born about 5000 years ago in Egpyt or close to it. As a teen he found a spaceship and used it's technonlogy to enhance his life. He also wears a suit. with the suit he can grow..controll his cell stucture, fly, has super strength. He's as smart as magneto..He's a mutant..I though that's open to debate. he has the four horsemen..but if you watch the 90's xmen toon you should know about them. He is invicible..and will one day take over the world. It's not a matter of if he can do it..it's only a matter of when. He believes in survivial of the fitest. the weak will die when he takes over and the strong shall live and be his slaves.

gambitindaflesh
Oh, pardon my ignorance, I guess he is high on himself because in the 90's cartoon he said he was far beyond mutant when someone called him one. Good thing he doesn't really exist, he is definatly the freakiest one. No one is able to kill him? Surely Magneto can do something to him, can't he control parts of the body or his suit or something? I'm sure it would have already been done if so.

Mainstream
I think Apoc has been "killed" but he alway comes back..so technically he can't be killed for good. last I heard Cable and Jean "killed" him in the comics using telepathic mojo..but he's been dead before and he always comes back...like that creepy chuckie doll from the child's play movies. Apoc was just bullsh*ting on the cartoon
Gamby he's mutant..though he has enhanced himself quite abit. His a Supreme Mutant I guess you could say.

pr1983
apocalypse is a cybernatically enhanced mutant, hes immortal, and when he does die always seems to return...

Mainstream
Apoc is the coolest villian..yes villian unlike magneto who technically isn't a villian.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.