Final Light Saber Duels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkYoda
How will the final duels go down?

First I heard that Yoda would confront Sidious and then Obi-Wan would confront Anakin.

I then heard that Yoda/Sidious and Anakin/Obi-Wan happened at the same time.

I even recently heard fan speculation that Obi-Wan will fight Anakin and then Yoda will confront Sidious so that Darth Vader could step out of the shadows and assist Sidious.

Then there was the rumor that Sidious and Vader would fight.

I believe it has been confirmed that Palpatine will personally rescue Anakin from Mustafar and that Obi-Wan/Padme will flee with Bail and Yoda.

So what happens?

Does Yoda fight Sidious, get rescued by Bail and then both Sidious and Yoda leave Coruscant to go to Mustafar. Something just doesn't seem right about this sequence to me. Yoda and Sidious would be too close in proximity and would surely sense one another.

Any ideas anyone? wacko

Three Owls
a little research will answer all your questions. Give it a shot

DarkYoda
When I use the word "heard" I am referring to research that I have done in many, many places. Just trying to breath some life into a forum that seems a little dead.

For instance, there is a card checklist that is a little vague about my question that can be found here:

*ttp://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/ROTS-cardchecklist.jpg

It would lead one to assume that Anakin fights Obi-Wan at the same time as Sidious fights Yoda...and then Sidious manages to get all the way to Mustafar just in time to rescue Anakin?

LightSaber_Part
Well I Know that................
Obi & Ani Fight stick out tongue
wink

anyway I have read that Mace and some Jedi confront Sidious and that Mace and Sidious have a some what long fight
and I've seen the pics for the action figure set with both of them in it eek!

I'm pretty shore that Yoda and sidious will fight ( I hope so roll eyes (sarcastic) I just love to see Yoda fighting) eek!

Red Superfly
I'm guessing Mace and Sidious also fight.

Check the trailer of Mace doing a spin attack - there's a red lightsaber beam in the shot. It's definitely not Dooku and Anakin doesn't wield a red saber (as far as we can tell).

Old news/rumours, but there ya go.

Ben-Kenobi
(think itd be better posted over here)

Ok since everyone is on the topic of the ani-obi- duel i figured id throw in my 10 cents.

noticed that in this picture obi-wan has a lightsaber and anakin dont then in the far bottom right cornor you see obi-wans saber on the ground which means he some how has anakins saber. then I believe at some point anakin gets the choke on Obi-wan as in the trailer

http://www.geocities.com/jackarcher88/Untitled-1.jpg

Then in this scene we see Anakin chokeing Obi-wan but notice anakins saber is in obi-wans hand which kinda shows that in some point in the duel obi-wan loses his saber.

]http://www.geocities.com/jackarcher88/wrongsaber.jpg

Then notice in this scene Obi-wan has his own saber again which means that while anakin is chokeing him he drops anakins saber and then see's his saber and grabs his own and activates it.

http://www.geocities.com/jackarcher88/rightsaber.jpg

Jeff-Man
in the picture with the lightsabre one the ground
it looks like anikin is holding a lightsabre in his left hand.

maybe he is getting out his red one to block obi-wan.

Ben-Kenobi
Or it could just be his hand.

Ben-Kenobi
plus if it wasa light saber its have that long pole on it like obi-wans has.

Jeff-Man
true.

Ben-Kenobi
yup

Ben-Kenobi
thought it seemed like a reasonable theory

DarkYoda
But what will the final sequence be...will the "duel" between Anakin and Obi-Wan be intercut with scenes of the fight between Yoda and Sidious?

Or will we first see one fight and then see the other, no interuptions?

Ben-Kenobi
I think it be one fight first.
If they did it the other way cutting in and out of duels then theyd have to explain how the tantive IV got to mustafar so damn fast. since the yoda / sidious duel would end not too long before the obi-ani duel.

Ben-Kenobi
But their isa high possiblity im wrong and more than likely they will do the duel like that.

DarkYoda
Ben Kenobi finally got what I was trying to say. But even if Yoda fights Sids first and then Obi-Wan fights Anakin, apparently Yoda and Sidious both leave for Mustafar at the same time...and neither senses the other?? Has it been confirmed that both Yoda and Sidious go in separate ships to Mustafar...Sids to rescue Anakin and Yoda/Bail to resuce Obi-Wan/Padme? blink

Jedi-Knight 8k2
roll eyes (sarcastic) Let me clear it up!

Anakin and Obi-wan fight GG, who escapes

Anakin and Obi-wan fight Count ( OB1 knocked out)

Anakin fights Dooku and kills him

Mace and Jedi fight Palpatine, Anakin helps out and Mace and Jedi killed

Yoda fights Sidious, Yoda gets owned

Anakin fights Obi-wan (Anakin ends up looking worse than MJ)

big grin

Sith Master X
Last I heard -> Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan and Yoda Vs. Sidious will take place at the same time.

DarkYoda
My question never was WHO fought in Episode III, but WHEN? And HOW? And I was referring to the final 2 duels specifically which are

Yoda vs Sidious

Anakin vs Obi-Wan

Of course I still believe Lucas may have a suited Vader duel in store for us at the end. cool

Sith Master X
The only Darth Vader duel that will be in the movie is when he battle's it out with Obi-Wan.

DarkYoda
Yeah. Probably no suited Darth Vader duel...
but it's nice to dream...

starwars

Here's a question to ponder though...

Will suited Vader even ignite his lightsaber at all in Episode III?

Sith Master X
I doubt he'll even ignite his Lightsaber. Just wouldn't seem right in my opinion. By the time we actually see a suited Darth Vader, the movie is pretty much over with.

Malic Clanorian
true

Ushgarak
Thew news we have from the sound recording is that the final fight scenes will be mixed; it is a strong lead, though not conclusive yet.

Red Superfly
I for one will be dissapointed if I don't see suited-Vader fight.

I'd consider that a crying shame, and a wasted opportunity.

I know I'll feel cheated because I had to sit through all that political garbage, seeing the Queen change her dress every five minutes and Jar Jars antics, and don't get to see suited Vader fight because of the shoddy time-management. I'd consider that a complete waste of time - wouldn't you?

Put it this way, if I could cut General Grievous out of Episode III in order to see mech Vader kick some Jedi ass, red saber in hand, I'd do it gladly.

wallalupp
Darth Vader belongs to the OT, and GL has explained that a darth vader duel would prolly not be very exciting since he has trouble moving,
and I wouldn't like a superfit kendo vader, since it wouldn't blend at all with the OT, so just watch the ESB duel, IMO prolly the best duel in SW

cylob49
I dont know why some people just dont accept the fact that the only damage Vader will be doin in this movie is during the flip out bit when he hears that Padme has passed away and as for the politics scenes being garbage i have to disagree -there isnt enuff
Considering his role in EP3 theres not enough Palpatine in EP1 and 2 and i keep on saying this but to stand back n try at look at these movies from a non fan point of view the whole Sideous/Palpatine/Dooku separatist stuff is going to be confusing to the man on the street .
IM assuming Lucas thinks there is going to be gasps from the audience and disbeleif when Palpatine reveals himself ala Vader to Luke but he hasnt used Palpatine or Sideous enough in EP1 and 2 for it to register with the man on the street ...itll just be "OOH LOOK AT HIS SCARY FACE!"

guiro72
don't know if i've heard palpatine picks up anakin in person after the duel.....also anakin/obi wan duel is about a quarter hour long....if yoda/sidious duel is short, gives yoda plenty of time (movie time) to get there.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.