Bach

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophicus
Who around here listens to the greatest of all composers and musicians of all time? Bach almost makes me believe in a god, but Bach was inspired by the great unknown of existence, call that god if you want. Anyway, who likes Bach and what's your favorite Bach pieces?

room #99
why dont you recommend me some ?smile

Philosophicus
I can recomend his Welltempered Clavier Books - piano pieces or harpsichord, also known as his 48 preludes and fuges. His Mass in B minor; the Brandenburg concerto's; the three violin concerto's, cello suites, 6 partitas for harpsichord, his Organ pieces - especially Tocata and fuge in D, many more.

Darth Revan
The Brandenburg Concertos have always been some of my favorite classical pieces, as well as a lot of his choral music.

Napalm
classical music sucks

eggmayo
I like Tocata and fuge in D minor

GABRIEL05
Passacaglia & Fugue C Minor. You know what I like most about Bach? Is that he took his music real serious like. Music wasn't a joke or some hobby or a day gig to him, it was serious ****ing shit and he put love and focus into all of his work. Who can we say that for today? Back in his day music was a serious craft. You'de better be good and you'de better get it right or you could be maimed, killed or excommunicated.

GABRIEL05
Never say that as long as you live.

WindDancer
Please no bashing.

Napalm
That stuff gust puts me to sleep I can listin to it

GABRIEL05
F*** that! THis isn't Kindergarten! I don't gotta protect no ones' feelings! If you say something stupid, I'm gonna let you know: YOu said something stupid! Bach is infinitely better than that over distorted metal wankfest that is the bands on your sig, moron! If you knew anything about music you'de get hip and listen! I'm tired of people dissing classical! Especially if they've never taken time to listen and really appreciate what's goin on in the music.

WindDancer
I understand what you're saying GABRIEL05 and I agree. But if he feels that classical music is boring (which I don't agree) is his opinion. And he is entitled to his opinion just like you. But there really is no need to call people names. No reason at all.

Philosophicus
Personally , I just ignore people who don't appreciate classical music - any intelligent person will be able to appreciate real music - classical music.

Anyway, back on topic - Bach's music is eternally modern - it doesn't sound like any other composers music which is merely bound to a specific period - Bach sounds more modern than anyone else's even today. I still have trouble believing Bach was a human being! Certainly his music sounds like something super-natural. When I listen to his music, especially his choral and organ works, I feel like I'm becomming one with it. Also, the more you listen to it, the more you really hear it - everytime something new. It's like looking at nature - his music never gets boring - I can listen to one single piece a thousand times over and over and everytime I hear something in it which I haven't heard before. It's simply amazing!

SlipknoT
Classical is pretty boring, but I've got nothing against it.

Philosophicus
I personally like classical, and metal like Metallica, rock like Jimi Hendrix, but classical still rocks the best cool

brandino
i loved him because he is god damn insane

hh?
i love classical music thumb up

mendelsohn, bach, mozart...all great

Philosophicus
WHO are you refering to as insane, you're a bit vague?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.