MAUSOLEUM END OF CAMPAIGN SABRE DUEL- Chion vs. Marcus and Takuan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
THE SET-UP: The final confrontation of the plotline is now upon the players. On the remote, dying forgotten planet of Zeiton- battleground of the Sith Wars, and quarantined in secret milennia ago by the Jedi, lest the remarkably force sensitive Zeitonians tear themselves apart with knowledge of the Force that is so lethal to them- Kuylen has found his target, the Mausoleum of Demnos, where Darth Demnos once led his cult and, so the legend goes, sacrificed himself to become one with his tomb and teach future generations of the Sith. The truth of the legend, no-one yet knows.

Down in the bowels of the Mausoleum, Gundark and Kuylen face off, with their allies, as the Jedi make a last ditch attempt to stop Kuylen reaching Demnos. But up at the top of the Mausoleum, an equally grave crisis has developed in the narrow stone corridor of the upper control room. Here, the Dark Siders were conducting an interrogation of the captured Jedi Marcus, near the controls of the Venegance Device that the Dark Siders were trying to de-activate- the Vengeance Device being a Sith weapon designed to devastate the planet in event of attack, in order to ward off other Sith from attacking this planet, a common tactic millenia ago. It if explodes, the resulting blast will be enough to destroy the planet's biosphere, ending all life there.

Kuylen's seemingly steadfast lieutenant, the brutish Chion, has finally lost it and, wanting the devastation, has overpowered fellow Dark Sider Saar and activated the Venegance Device, which is now powering up for annihilation. Takuan, utterly outmatched by Chion's bulk, has had no choice but to free Marcus and stand with him in order to defeat Chion and make an attempt to de-activate the device. If Chion is not defeated... everybody dies.

HOW THIS WORKS: Everyone knows the basics. Marcus and Takuan take it in turn to attack Chion, and he to attack them, and temember the non-attacking/defending player can attempt to aid his comrade- but this can do more harm than good if done badly.

Chion has sealed the area. There is no escape from this fight. Also, if Chion wins, everyone dies anyway!

ANALYSIS: Chion's brute force has been previously seen to be highly effective against the conservative styles of Marcus and, in the past, Gundark. Takuan, of course, would never chose to be in any duel at all, let alone one against a killer like Chion. But together, the two of them have a good chance... if they can work well enough together!

Chion is the aggressive one here, oddly enough, so he goes first.

Score: Chion- 0, Marcus/Takuan- 0

Chion to attack

The attack you have learned to dread, Marcus... Chion powers up his claymore sabre, and starts to whirl it around his head in continuous momentum, as he advances slowly towards you and suddenly changes direction of the blade for a strong hack at your left shoulder.

Dexx
welll...assuming i can aid marcus....(never thought i'd say that)

Takuan picks saar saber with the force, ginites it (hope i can) and throws it at chion's legs

Ushgarak
Waiting on Marcus...

Fire
Seeing as Chion is coming in from the upper left and I know I am seriously not strong enough to counter his blow, and not agile enough to duck under his blade (would get me into a bad position anywayz)

I'm going to try and use Chion his strength against him, I feint a block, but at the last second I take a step back (hoping chion put in enough force to well kinda swing past me, if this happens he should have his sabre on the wrong side) Then I quickly jab at his right flank

Ushgarak
Chion easily deflects Saar's sabre to one side during his windmill spin.

Your timing is good, Marcus! Chion miscalculates the force of his blow and in spinning the blade to counter yours, he loses his momentum!

Score: Chion- 0, Marcus/Takuan- 1

Takuan to attack

Dexx
*gulp*

Takuan makes a slash at chion's right and right after his parry, he moves his blade fast up at chion's head.

i haven't really got a chance....

Ushgarak
Wow, Takuan, don't let that over-confidence of yours be your undoing...

We'll wait to see if Marcus can help.

Fire
(assuming that Chion will have an easy time deflecting Takuan's blow)
I take a step to his left, trying to flank Chion, when he turns his sabre around to deflect Takuan his blow I attack his unguarded left upper side.

Ushgarak
Chion dpesn't really turn his sabre. He maintains his windmill momentum, and Takuan's blow is battered easily aside (nearly knocking Takuan over) and it is almost impossible to flank Chion in this narrow confine with his blade whirling.

Score: Chion- 1, Marcus/Takuan- 1

Chion to attack; Takuan to defend

Keeping his sabre spinning to keep both of you at bay, Chion suddenly darts forwards and shoulder-bashes into Takuan...

Dexx
Takuan force pushes himself into chion, trying to get away from him. Blade is extended forwards for extra protection.

Ushgarak
Just see if Marcus helps...

Fire
seeing Chion bash forward Marcus reacts in a split second, moving one leg back, to stay out of Chion's way then turning his sabre from his upper left to his down right, to take a slash at chion's legs.

Ushgarak
CHion's sabre is to his side and easily able to defend himself, and his bulk proves the superior to Takuan's push. Takuan is knocked down hard to the floor.

Score: Chion- 2, Marcus/Takuan- 1

Marcus to attack

Fire
*crap* will post tongiht

Ushgarak
Oooh, ok.

Fire
just wondering can I call saar his sabre to me and fight with two sabres?

Fire
I extend my sabre to max length, I rush forward, keeping my sabre high, when it nearly hits chion his sabre, I spin left, while crouching down and go for his legs.

Dexx
Takuan quickly picks saar's saber off the ground and throws it at chion's head, forcing him to parry it and, hopefully, clear that leg shot for marcus.

General Zink
(Hey, I'm actually rooting for Fire this time! stick out tongue )

Ushgarak
Marcus, yes you can.

These sabre throws really areblt doing a great deal to help Marcus, I am afraid, Takuan.

You have the edge in swordplay, Marcus, and Chion is driven a little back by your move as he avoids being cleved in two- giving Takuan time to stumble to his feet.

Score: Chion- 2, Marcus/Takuan- 2

Chion to attack, Marcus to defend.

Chion turns his anger on you, Marcus, and his next sweep as at thigh height, as the windmill of his sabre comes around to seperate your legs...

Dexx
Takuan concentrates a strong force push on chion, as he attacks Marcus(the equivalent of a force bash, by the new rules)

Fire
I see the blade coming and at that moment, I feint a block, but I dive backwards trying to make a backroll using my sabre as protection, getting up as fast as I can so that I am ready to face Chion's next attack

Ushgarak
Your move is not ill-timed, Marcus, but even with Takuan's attept at distraction Chion is, as ever, faster than he often gets credit for, and he presses forwards his attack with great vigour, driving you both back towards the dsealed ladderway...

(Round drawn. Goes with attacker)

Score: Chion- 3, Marcus/Takuan- 2

Takuan to attack.

Dexx
*frowns*

no..that's not my attack....but i'll have to think of something

Ushgarak
Why not your attack?

Storm
plz let it be a good one *prays to the RPG gods, c'mon you b!tchs get off your asses and give us some luck*

Fire: sorry

Dexx
any crates aroudn there?..or..throw-able items.
also...is chion immune to a mind trick?
i don't assume we can have his will power score smile

Ushgarak
Acutally, this is a completely throw-free environment!

However, that's not very relevant in any case- this is a lightsabre duel! You should be looking at lightsabre moves.

Dexx
(i can't really think of a decent move, at my saber skill against his erm..oh well)

TAkuan makes an upward dash at chion and right after his blade meets chion's (his parry), Takuan pushes the blade, as a needle, towards his torso.

Fire
I feint a blow to Chion his left midrif, then drop down to one knee and slash at his left tigh

Ushgarak
A little too offensive for a supporting move, that, Fire.

Hmm, sorry, Takuan, you tried, but it all goes wrong at the parry. There is just FAR too much force behind his blade- you may as well try and parry a collapsing building! He swats your blade to one side and you almost sprawl backwards again.

So, this looks like a good time to put the whole pressure upon Takuan...

Score: Chion- 4, Marcus/Takuan- 2

Chion to attack, Takuan to defend...

Make it a good one! Try not to fight the way Chion wants you to...

(You guys notice that everything is shaking- the power from the vengeance device is already feedbacking into the complex. In this sealed area, it is making little difference but elsewhere, the vibrations could be tearing everything apart!)

Fire
(told him not to go for the parry)

Dexx
i wasn't parrying..HE was supposed to parry.....anyway

what's chion's attack?

Ushgarak
It was A parry. As in, you met his blade!

Oh, he is simply, having knocked you back, scything his continued windmill of death around and over into your body.

Dexx
Takuan concentrates in gathering the force to speed his actions, going a few steps backwards, away from the reach of his blade. He knows he can't stop chion's atatck with his saber.

Fire
marcus positions himself between Takuan and Chion to give Takuan some breathing space

Dexx
(if i wasn't a dark sider i'd shed a tear stick out tongue)

Ushgarak
Ok, working a little better! And you rolled better also... Marcus slows Chion enough for Takuan to get out of the way! Chion's death blow hacks into the floor instead. That does not slow a lightsabre much but it gives a split second advantage to you guys.

Let's put Marcus back in the fold.

Score: Chion- 4, Marcus/Takuan- 3

Marcus to attack

Fire
Focus Marcus Focus

I dash forward faking an upper left blow, faking a down right and then going for the upper left for real this time

Dexx
hmm..from my experience, should i try to push/pull chion, you'll both be affected....so

Takuan approaches chion from the right and slams his saber at his right arm as hard as he can, even if only to give fire a better shot.

Ushgarak
Much better, much better... though Marcus did the work...

Chion's vast sabre does not have much room for manoeuvre in this thight space, which makes him dangerous on the attack but Marcus' swordplay is hard for him to counter! He falls back.

Score: Chion- 4, Marcus/Takuan- 4

Chion to attack, Marcus to defend

Chion eventually halts his retreat with a sudden- and very fast- backhand slap...

Fire
(backhand slap, with his hand or with his sabre)

THIS DEFENCE ONLY COUNTS IF IT IS WITH HIS HAND
I reposition my left leg to twist out of the way, meanwhile arcing my sabre over my head coming up to Chion from below

Dexx
Takuan approaches and slashes his sabre at chion's hand (the one which holds the saber, assuming the backslap is with the hand only...)

Fire
*waits full anticipation t know wether or not it was a backslap with a hand or a sabre*

Ushgarak
It was the hand.

This time, Takuan acts as the valuable distraction Marcus needed... and he does indeed twist out of the way- Chion moves forwards, but has left himself momentarily vulnerable...

Score: Chion- 4, Marcus/Takuan- 5

Takuan to attack. Match point to Marcus/Takuan

Fire
c'mon Dexx make it a good one and we have beaten Chion (that'll look good on my CV)
(these last battles look suspiciously movielike. great battles USH)

Dexx
oh..i'll have to think a lil'

Dexx
takuan realises the edge they have and concentrates hard on putting an end to this fight. He runs towards chion and prepares a strong dash at him, but right at blade contact, he drives his saber backwards and downwards (a feint), pushing it afterwards upwards with a circular motion, towards chion's torso.

Ushgarak
Supprt move from Marcus?

Fire
crap I suck at support moves.

if I can I'd like to leap over both of them to end up at Chions' back and give him something to worry about.

Ushgarak
No room, I am afraid.

Chion whirls to deal with Takuan, intecepting his blade at the high point, but being momentarily distracted by the feint. He turns again to brush aside Marcus as he tried to jump past, and turns back... just as Takuan drives his sabre directly through Chion's middle.

Everything stops for a few moments.

Then Chion grins, and with another backhand swipe he sends Takuan reeling to one side, and he raises his sabre above his head.

But then slowly, like the toppling of a structure, Chion keels backwards, and thumps back onto the walkway, motionless.

Score: Chion- 4, Marcus/Takuan- 6

Match to Marcus/Takuan. You may return to your threads.

Dexx
big grinx10 thus chion dies of TAkuan's blade....man...who'd have expected it.

Fire
YEA DEXX BUT LETS NOT FORGET WHO HELPED YOU OUT :P

Baylin
Well done Takuan!

Dexx
well..thank you...yup...how could i forget fire..

Fire
liar stick out tongue

Captain REX
Booyah Dexx! You are victorious in a duel!

Oh, and Fire too, though I'm still mad at him for lopping off Galder's arm... stick out tongue

Dexx
now..al i have to do is ...kill the jedi..er..somehow..and then...stop the device...and i'm through big grin stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.