Magneto Vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Beyonder
Thanos travels to Earth looking for an unusal source of power that his scanners picked up. The Avengers shows up only to get severly beaten.

Furthermore, Thanos in the process accidentally hills Scarlet Witch. However, he continues his mission. Magneto finds out and is out for blood. He ventures off seeking vengance and finds Thanos.

In a one on one fight, who wins? How long does Magneto last if he's in bloodlust mode?

demigawd
Magneto, easily. Thanos stands no chance when Magneto is in bloodlust mode. He'll open up a wormhole that leads to the center of a red giant star, then create a vortex that sucks Thanos into the wormhole. No more Thanos.

kgkg
lol Thanos takes this easy Thanos can beat silver surfer what is magneto to him , most likeky nothing mageneto does to him will effect him at all.

Thanos takes this pretty past

Alpha Centauri
Did anyone see Magneto in the Infinity Gauntlet, Wars, Abyss or Crusade or The End for that matter, when Thanos was just wrecking havoc as usual? He did really, really well.

Oh wait, no he didn't. He was nowhere to be seen because he's no match for Thanos and considering him as one is silly.

-AC

demigawd
lol

Lord S
Of course you're joking...either that or you're suffering from serious delusions of grandeur.

Zahit
Not a very long fight. Magneto may give him a little trouble for a time,
but Thanos would figure it out and attack Maggie with something he
couldn't handle. Thanos is an extremely powerful eternal who further
enhanced himself through technology, meditation, mysticism, etc.
That's what makes him so tough, he's got all the bases covered.

Ironmanpower
lol Thanos in 3 seconds. First second to kill him, the second to resurrect magneto and the last to kill him another time.
Seriously Magneto is freaking no match for Thanos.

Beyonder
...etc. being a mutant eternal as well. Mutants in the Marvel Universe are somewhat superbeings among it's species.

Mutant Eternal > Eternal wink

Victor Von Doom
No brainer for me, Thanos.

K Von Doom
Odin and Tyrant couldn't take down Thanos.

Magneto will?!

demigawd
Magneto is CLEARLY more powerful than Odin and Tyrant, so of course he could succeed where they have failed! It's only Thanos, man. Give some good competition here, like Celestials or something...

FujiFuu
More powerful than odin and tyrant..... U obviously dont have a clue what you are talking about, and u need to learn that magneto isnt invincible

ZephroCarnelian
lol - these Magneto fans always make me laugh. What's he gonna do - control the iron in Thanos' blood? wink He prob doesn't have metal in his blood. Thanos faces up to cosmic beings - Mags is out of his depth here...

DarkCrawler
I REALLY think that demigawd is just joking.

Lord S
yeah he is being sarcastic

Beyonder
You'd think Darkcrawler & Lord S.

This thread was only created after this statement made by demigawd:

He thinks cause some bleeds red blood therefore it's evident that they have iron in their blood. Therefore, Magneto can screw their blood up. I don't even know how he can affect either of them in the first place.

And being humanoid is more evidence that Mags can affect someone like Gladiator according to him, ignoring Kallark's alien origins and his superbeing durability.

Mr. Slippyfist
Thanos.

batdude123
Magneto... obviously.

Soljer
The Punisher breaks in and kills them both.

batdude123
Shit... got me there.

guy222
thanos

horrorwolf
Thanos.

embarrasment
Spite thread. I came in here expecting some sort of power-up for ol' Mags.

LORD B
Originally posted by guy222
thanos

celestialdemon
Thanos

Endrict Nuul
Thanos with ease.

Bouboumaster
Thanos

Unnatural-POWER
Magneto has powerful shields right?

I'm guessing not, but could they deflect a Thanos blast?

llagrok
Originally posted by Soljer
The Punisher breaks in and kills them both.

Naw, naw, Magneto's willpower is greater biscuits

batdude123
Thanos doesn't have a prayer.

Decimus
Originally posted by horrorwolf
Thanos.

embarrasment
Spite thread. I came in here expecting some sort of power-up for ol' Mags.

Magneto has the Unified Field Theory behind him sick

Soljer
Am I the only one that found it funny that the original poster made a point to mention Scarlet Witch's death?

Terryc250
I came to this thread expecting Magneto to get a giant powerup like all of the mutants powers of marvel earth so he can stand a chance against thanos

But nope, thi is a huge spite thread

Thanos pimpsmacks Magneto to death.

2damnloud
Magneto.

All atoms are tiny magnets.

Thanos is made of atoms.

You get the picture.

Soljer
Originally posted by 2damnloud
Magneto.

Thanos is made of atoms.

You get the picture.

The picture? What? That you're clinically retarded?

Sure.

iceman24567
Magneto.

Thanos is made of atoms.

You get the picture. I thought Thanos had complete control over those atoms being an Eternal and all i may be wrong because i am very tired eek! . Well Thanos has taken out universal heavy hitters while Magneto has taken out the X-Men? laughing

Mr. Slippyfist
Magneto owns Storm even worse in light of recent evidence brought forth. smile

King Kandy
Magneto.

Thanos is made of atoms.

You get the picture.
How about you post a scan of Magneto pulling someone's atoms apart?

2damnloud
Originally posted by iceman24567
I thought Thanos had complete control over those atoms being an Eternal and all i may be wrong because i am very tired eek! . Well Thanos has taken out universal heavy hitters while Magneto has taken out the X-Men? laughing

Magneto has control over the electrons in the sub-orbital of atoms. That's how he magnetizes non-ferrous materials.

He stomps Thanos.

psycho gundam
Magneto.

Thanos is made of atoms.

You get the picture.
try to refrain from making posts that will definitely be in people's "funniest quotes" section. smile

King Kandy
Magneto has control over the electrons in the sub-orbital of atoms. That's how he magnetizes non-ferrous materials.

He stomps Thanos.
No, he magnetizes them because they are something referred to as "Diamagnets."

Look it up.

2damnloud
Originally posted by King Kandy
No, he magnetizes them because they are something referred to as "Diamagnets."

Look it up.

Nope.

Paramagnetism.

Mindset
Magneto controls Thanos with the iron in his blood and makes him kiss his own ass.

Then he opens a wormhole up right in his ugly face and dumps him into a mega black hole, then Magneto follows him in there and beats him like a red headed step child.

Mr. Slippyfist
http://www.acc.umu.se/~zqad/cats/1204982164-1203765525189.jpg

King Kandy
Nope.

Paramagnetism.
No, Diamagnetism. EVERY substance will react magnetically when placed under a strong enough magnetic field, like Magneto's.

Terryc250
Magneto.

Thanos is made of atoms.

You get the picture.

... Thanos has matter manipulation

everything is made up of matter, including Magneto

You get the picture.

Thanos is a class 100+ titan, with telepathy, teleportation, etc, he even beat the silver surfer to death

Thanos>Silver Sufer>>>Magneto

psycho gundam
No, Diamagnetism. EVERY substance will react magnetically when placed under a strong enough magnetic field, like Magneto's. yeah, i say the actual experiment. they levitated a frog i think.

cosmic characters are usually able to manipulate/absorb magnetic forces also. stars and planets have stronger em fields than mags and they pose no real threat to the surfer for example.

King Kandy
Originally posted by psycho gundam
yeah, i say the actual experiment. they levitated a frog i think.

cosmic characters are usually able to manipulate/absorb magnetic forces also. stars and planets have stronger em fields than mags and they pose no real threat to the surfer for example.
Actually Magneto's magnetic field is far stronger then the Earths. Even the entire Earth can't cause substances to levitate diamagnetically.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Terryc250
... Thanos has matter manipulation

everything is made up of matter, including Magneto

You get the picture.

Thanos is a class 100+ titan, with telepathy, teleportation, etc, he even beat the silver surfer to death

Thanos>Silver Sufer>>>Magneto

Not exactly true.

Thanos BEAT THE SHIT out off Surfer in one of his most humiliating defeat, even worst that the beating that'll happen tonight, when the Montreal Habs will Massacre the Ottawa Sens!

And
Thanos>>>>>>>>Silver Sufer>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Magneto

2damnloud
No, Diamagnetism. EVERY substance will react magnetically when placed under a strong enough magnetic field, like Magneto's.

Hence why Magento wins.

ashroro
Can Magneto beat Silver Surfer the way Thanos did? He doesn't stand a chance against somebody with cosmic power.

iceman24567
How does Thanos lose? He has auto shields cosmic blast that can stagger Galactus. This is a spite thread Magneto can't even muster 1 win.

King Kandy
Hence why Magento wins.
OMG HE CAN LEVITATE THANOS!!!! HE WINS!!!!

LORD B
Hence why Magento wins.
noway

thanos easily

Bad Ash231
Magneto.

Thanos is made of atoms.

You get the picture.

So, Magneto could kill Storm then? jr_hmm01

2damnloud
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
So, Magneto could kill Storm then? jr_hmm01

HELL T0 THE NAW! smile

leonidas
umm . .. how did this thread reach 3 pages . . .? confused

h1a8
First of all magneto wins.
Second, not all things can be polarized.
Third, even though potentially/theoretically Magneto can control atoms he can't (because the limits that he has shown to what he can do is far below controlling all atoms). That is to say that Magnetos potentially becoming a reality for him involves know how. And right now Mags doesn't possess the know how to do many things that his potential point to. So for now only list the things Magneto can do based off what he has did and not his potential. Fourth, Magneto can control gravity to a very limited extent. That is why he can levitate non metal objects. But he can't throw them or control them though.

Mr. Slippyfist
hysterical

celestialdemon
Wow. I can't believe this thread has gone on for this long. Pretty cut and dry. It's almost impossible for Thanos to lose this.

Bad Ash231
HELL T0 THE NAW! smile

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/NM95/Unicroneatsandwichinvisible.png

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Wow. I can't believe this thread has gone on for this long. Pretty cut and dry. It's almost impossible for Thanos to lose this.

"almost"?

Magneto is FAAAR from Silver Surfer, who is THE herald lvler. He's the top, in his wieht category. Against Thanos who beats the shit like no tomorrow of Surfer in what... 5 spaces?

This is one hell of a cuberstomps we got there! Magneto with one year of prep wouldn't do nothing more.

h1a8
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
"almost"?

Magneto is FAAAR from Silver Surfer, who is THE herald lvler. He's the top, in his wieht category. Against Thanos who beats the shit like no tomorrow of Surfer in what... 5 spaces?

This is one hell of a cuberstomps we got there! Magneto with one year of prep wouldn't do nothing more.

School me real quick. Since levels determine who wins all the time then
specifically how can Thanos beat Magneto?

King Kandy
Mindrape.

ashroro
You do know Thanos manipulates cosmic energy right? Eternals have direct control over their molecules and even if they are dissentigrated they can pull themselves back together in no time. So Magneto can try to take control of him but it would never work.

h1a8
Originally posted by ashroro
You do know Thanos manipulates cosmic energy right? Eternals have direct control over their molecules and even if they are dissentigrated they can pull themselves back together in no time. So Magneto can try to take control of him but it would never work.

Prove to me that Eternals can pull themselves back together when dissentigrated. And WW has direct control of her arms, except when Dr. Polaris is controlling her bracelets. Thus it is who has the stronger control.

ashroro
I don't have the scan but it was an issue where Blastaar(the dude from the negative zone) shot a powerful blast at the Eternals of earth and disintegrated them. Later on they reformed and went about business like nothing happened. All eternals have control over their molecules and that includes Thanos. Like I said if you ask around somebody can get you the issue number or scan.

Faceman
Thanos.....

2damnloud
Magnetism is a fundemental force and Magneto has comeplete control over it.

He wins.

He'd just reconfigure the electrons so Thanos' atoms don't reform.

Kid Kurdy
Thanos wins, he is a few levels above Magneto after all, but people here seem to think Thanos will have no problem at all.

When written right, Magneto is extremely powerful and a very versatile fighter.

Again, Thanos wins, but to be honest, I don't know how exactly. Blasting him won't do that much, Magneto has very impressive force fields.

And to simply assume that Thanos can not be controlled (iron in blood) to some extent, is just wishful thinking. I don't know if Magneto can control the iron in his blood - does Thanos have some kind of iron in his blood or in his costume ? - but apparently the Thanos fanboys have already decided he has no iron in his blood...

janus77
Thanos has total molecular control over his person, no?
also, blasting will prove highly effective. anyone who can blast Galactus off his feet and by a good distance too, is way too powerful for Magneto's shields imo.

the simplest method Thanos could use would be to teleport inside of the shield and throttle Magneto before Mags has time to react. or perhaps to fry Magneto's mind. or just use energy manipulation to neutralise Magneto's powers. or switch off the x-gene like Surfer can.

LORD B
Originally posted by janus77
also, blasting will prove highly effective. anyone who can blast Galactus off his feet and by a good distance too, is way too powerful for Magneto's shields imo.

the simplest method Thanos could use would be to teleport inside of the shield and throttle Magneto before Mags has time to react. or perhaps to fry Magneto's mind. or just use energy manipulation to neutralise Magneto's powers. or switch off the x-gene like Surfer can.
good post

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by janus77

Nigh-total molecular control. uhuh

h1a8
Its much I don't know about Thanos (I think), so can someone show me a scan where Thanos has control over his molecular structure. Also I would like to see Thanos mind raping someone (or having mental powers).

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by h1a8
Also I would like to see Thanos mind raping someone (or having mental powers).

Are you sock of xmark? durfist

darthgoober
Its much I don't know about Thanos (I think), so can someone show me a scan where Thanos has control over his molecular structure.

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/7951/thanosquest110ca2.th.jpg

Also I would like to see Thanos mind raping someone (or having mental powers).

Superboy Prime
I don't want to sound like a mad fanboy, but why is this 4 pages long?

Thanos FTEASIESTW

ashroro
Are the scans shown above enough proof?

Terryc250
ppl who say Magneto will win are either
a) joking
b) don't even read comics, but watch the xmen movies and r like "z0mG m4g3t0 iz t3h Ub3R!!~``11"

iceman24567
Originally posted by iceman24567
I thought Thanos had complete control over those atoms being an Eternal and all i may be wrong because i am very tired eek! . Well Thanos has taken out universal heavy hitters while Magneto has taken out the X-Men? laughing I said that days ago but the X-Men fanboy chooses to ignore facts, feats and intelligence.

Bad Ash231
Could someone post a scan where it's stated that Eternals have "complete control over their atoms"?

horrorwolf
Originally posted by darthgoober
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/7951/thanosquest110ca2.th.jpg

whistling

iceman24567
Originally posted by horrorwolf
whistling Yep that post made you awesome in my book clapping

Kid Kurdy
That scan doesn't prove much, because Thanos isn't exactly a typical Eternal. He's much more powerful (duh).

This being said, Eternals really do have control over their atoms/molecules whatever - see below.

Sorry Bad Ash231

Bouboumaster
I think you've just owned the fanboys.

batdude123
What fanboys? There's only 2damnloud's crazy ass arguing for Magneto here.

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by batdude123
What fanboys? There's only 2damnloud's crazy ass arguing for Magneto here.

2damnloud = 1000 fanboys

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.