predator vs alien? what a booboo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dami wilson
Has anyone watched Predator vs Alien? That film sucked like a water melon gone bad! Gees, I've seen the film three times trying to understand it and it sucks everytime! I've seen Predator 1 more than seven times and everytime love it. Two was a bit over cooked and I dont think Dan Glover could kill a pred anyday! He was too old looking!

Anyway back to the topic! The Predator we saw in One which gave Arnie and the marines such an ass whooping time would surely have killed about ten aliens! Firstly, the laser tracking devise was taking away (story line sucked alowing the Predators not to be equipped for the fight)
and it gave the advantage away to the aliens!

It just tried to sdhow they can kill each other but it still sucked. Please tell me how the queen mother survived the nuclear blast underground cus she wasn't around to see the bomb go off. So she can dig underground that fast? Travelling faster than a nuclear explosion can catch up with it? That's way far fetched!

Why did they down grade Predator for? Aliens are just animals! With some stupid teeth anyway! I believe they shouldn't make a sequel! I was very disappointed!

Still trying to get over it! lol

USAgent
Because the movie would be borring if as soon as the Preditors landed they hunted and killed all the aliens in 5 minutes. Boring and short.

But I thought the same thing you did........Wasnt the Preditor in the first movie a whole lot tougher??

Arsenal
Why do you two think the 1st Predator was the toughest?

Swanky-Tuna
The great part of that movie is THEY DOOMED EARTH! That queen... oh yeah...

SPOILERS

That queen is going to lay eggs down there and there'll be alien fish.

I didn't get why they didn't bring plasma casters either. And how that ancient one worked with the one pred's shoulder mount easy and pie. I guess they have plug and play.

They probably took them away because of how easy the one took out a bunch of aliens with it.

And the alien's are pretty clever. The queen knew about the bomb and was probably right behind them on that wicked cool sled.

And was it just me or did anybody else expect the alien and girl to kiss?

Arsenal
My cousin thought that too but I didn't. How can they kiss when the Predator has mandibles.

dami wilson
you bet it was and that was what I couldn't understand? And the fact that it was in some prehistoric underground bunker which made things difficult to see! Predator's black or dark enough and so is alien to start showing the film in a dark place!

It's like watching two black boxers fight in a dark environment! No racist talk here cos I'm not white! Now, that stuff made the film funny but ok, even if the film was five minutes, it would have beenone heck of a five minutes! I have watched Predator films and even alien films more than once and would do so again but not this rubbish! Why would a Predator take off it's mask just to do some stupid ritual (scarring itself to indicate how many alins it's killed) when it knows it leaves itself open for attack?

How stupid is that? I thought the Predators were more advanced than us? They built a space machine and laser shooting gadgets right? So why are they stupid to take a protective device off in the field of battle?

Who ever produced it should be sacked and locked up! THEY BETRAYED US DUDE! Using a films Brand name to sell us rubbish! lol

Swanky-Tuna
He thought he was alone it seemed. And it obviously doesn't protect that well since the alien bit right through it.

dami wilson
Hmmm, I think I dont relate this to what we saw in Predator one. First, how many bullets were shot at the Pred by Arnie and his friends? Bombs, heavy machine gun bullet, you know what I mean? If it can take all that and survive? come on now, why shouldn't it have been able to withstand a strkie from the alien's tail?

Secondly, how did that queen mother manage to escape underground from the effects of a nuclear bomb? It cant dig that fast! What is she? Superman in costume? Come on now!! AHA?

hOW CAN SHE LAY SO MANY EGGS and have the strength for a full fight? come on now! How many eggs did she lay anyway? Gosh, who impregnated her? Man, the fight was not even meant to be even! 5 minutes!!!!!! That would have been one heck of a five minutes!

Swanky-Tuna
My knowledge of the first movie is fuzzy but the pred could of been wearing armor of some kind. Or was just lucky.

The Queen escaped because she was on her way out just like the heroes of the story.

And I guess aliens are just like that. They're like insects in that they have a queen that lays hundreds or thousands of eggs.

USAgent
The reason they didnt bring their weapons was because they wanted to make a sport out of it. Those 3 guns were placed there for those 3 Preditors to retrieve so they could take out the Aliens.. Thats why they got all pissed and freaked out when their sensors indicated a human found the weapons. The whole "game" to them was to reach thier weapons before the aliens got loose.

And the 1st Preditor movie, the preditor seems awhole lot tought because of all the tricks and gadgets he was using to me

Arsenal
What tricks? He was just stealthy and infiltrated all of the traps Arnie and his crew set. I think Scar could have taken him.

Swanky-Tuna
I was going to mention something about them being either really pro or real amateur to do something like that. But I'm sleepy.

who?-kid
You thought it sucked the first time you saw it, and still you wanted to give it another shot ? And after the second viewing, another one ?

Well, I think the fourth time you see it, you'll probably like it wink.

dami wilson
NAH, YOU DONT GET IT. I was trying to see what it was all about and analyse the logic behind it. I wan't seeing it because I liked it! Nada, I was trying to reasonwith it and everytime came up with the same analogy. It wassn't for enjoyment dude and its cos I already GOT the stuff at home. It wasn't as exciting as they made it seem.

It depowered the Predator *(whatever the reason like letting the predators leave their weapons behind only to go and get it) which we saw in Predator 1. Tecvhnically i think they wanted it sort of even for fan base! if they paid me next time to see it I wouldn't go! Got it?

Swanky-Tuna
The Preds left their plasma casters behind for the game. Or to spice up the hunt.

dami wilson
THAT means on average term the Predators are better! They should state that! They made a trailer back in prehistoric Egypt about a battle bet the two but the Predators had to detonate a nuclear bomb which meant they were losing that battle due to number.

So for clearity they should have put it that the Predators were better an this dreadful film was and was only for a fun game by the predators to make things even! Either that or true PREDATOR fans like myself will feel very let down and confused! Man, I was pissed! They should state that listen movie fans , Predators are way better than those stupid aliens who cant even bite properly with their normal teeth! Crude dumb animal to me these stupid aliens............. parasites

Swanky-Tuna
Predators range in skill level. And Aliens aren't that stupid.

dami wilson
Like my dog can tell the diff between a cat and a lion! Of course butwhen will a lion run from a man with a gun?cus it knows the gun with the man makes him stronger? The aliens hid when the predator had it's gun. Anyway alot of other folks said it was was than booboo1 Rubbish! I aint even bothering about the sequel! They killed this film and nailed it to a cross!

Tron
Well, the Preds in the movie WERE amateurs. They just young bucks going through a right of passage, so it shouldn't be a surprise that the first two got caught slipping the way they did.

Anyways, this is in the wrong forum.

Moving

dami wilson
AW COME ON TRON MY MAN, be a sport and let it be. I thought it was competition stuff like x vs y and they are big movie icons. Should I post it on the film versions? Come on Tron, let it be for a while?

dami wilson
thanks! You're the man! I hope you're a man!

Sora Ryuu
alright people, before you flame me for saying that listen to what i have to say,

i say you are ignorant because if you had read the comics, of this series, and yes they made an Alien VS. Predator comic book. if you had read that, any of them actually. you would realize that what the predators went through was a "rite of passage", they were there because in there society, before you allowed to call yourself an "adult" you had to go on your first hunt, and this movie, explained it incredibly well, for some time now i had wondered exactly how the rite went, and i enjoyed the movie immensely.

so what if they couldn't kick major alien ass, they were; what we in the gaming arena call "noobs" or "noobies", this was their first hunt. all the experience they had at fighting was what their instructors had taught them. all that they knew of aliens was that they were only things to be hunted

OK yes the predator in the first movie kick some major ass, but thats only because his ship crash landed and he was fully equipped and by fully equipped i mean not only did he have a full set of equipment, he also had the training and experience to back him up.

from what i can tell from talking to most people who like the alien series and the Predator series, i figured our that most of them hated this movie, for the sole fact that it didn't focus on the human aspect of both stories, like all the others did, that just shows me that the human race is too full of itself,

what was the "name" of the movie, the name of the movie was "AVP(Aliens Vs Predator)," I'm sorry if you didn't like it but if you didn't like that movie for anything like that reason i stated above, then you're just a stuck up little ass-hole who thinks too much of themselves

so for all those who didn't like the movie, watch all the movies again =, then read the comic, Alien Vs Predator, and the watch AVP, if you still don't understand the movie either you don't care or are just plain stupid,.

for all those who did like the movie, well then consider yourself to be in the select few who actually know a little about the whole Alien/Predator universe.

so long

Paola
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=301648

use it!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.