Intellectual or Pseudo-Intellectual

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KharmaDog
I realize that I am being completely unoriginal for posting someone else's thougths. I just thought that some people might find it interesting. Any thoughts?

Philosophicus
So, am I correct in assuming you say I as aperson is pseudo intellectual and NOT my phylosophies? because you did say you were not refering to my philosophies as pseudo intellectual.

ps. very funny differences.

KharmaDog
Man, take a pill. You were commenting on people unoriginality, I retorted that people could say the same about you in that some of your likes and dislikes are stereotypical of pseudo-intellectuals. If you think that you fall into that category that is your problem. What I think shouldn't make thatbig of deal to you.

I just posted the above because I find it very interesting and that aalot of people might be suprised where they fall on that list.

Philosophicus
I think all this arguing between me and you inspired you to make this thread. I do have a productive effect on you, don't I - this is the second thread inspired by me....the first one was Arrogance - philosophical deffinition and response or something like that.

I don't think I fall into that category anyway. And it's mere opinion of people when they label someone as belonging to a category such as so-called pseudo intellectuals. I think it's senseless to categorize someone based on their intellectual preferences, it's mere opinion.

ps I do take pills already, can't afford to take more.

bobby_sox
roll eyes (sarcastic)

SaTsuJiN
I like them big grin .. and I also enjoy how they're worded.. very concise

finti
lets say for some, that thing Kharma so elegant came up with, is as the writing on the wall

Nice Guy
It's totally ridiculous to cast people as either intellectual or pseudo intellectual. People doing that is not intellectual at all...they're also jealous and threatened.

finti
not as threatened as people who see themselves as intellectual to be labeled as pseudo intellectual

KharmaDog
This coming from the guy who labels people as "idiots" when they don't agree with him.

I think what bothers some people is that this list actually describes them very accurately.

I am neither threatened nor jealous of another's intellect whether it is superior or not. I am just annoyed by some who claim to be what they are not, and try to put down others to prove to themselves that they are worthy of the labels that they thrust on themselves (who also in this case display a monumental example of immaturity).

Philo
They're idiots not because they don't agree with me, but 'cuse they really are idiots.

FeceMan
Dude...you're banned. Get over it.

Jackie Malfoy
Interesting!I think I am a pseudo it just seens to match my personally then the other one.JM

KharmaDog
Jackie, you do know tht being a psuedo intellectual is a very undesirable thing don't you?

PVS
rolling on floor laughing laughing Happy Dance eek! laughing out loud Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

SaTsuJiN
lol.. jackie is crazy.. but at least she's honest (I think... blink )

bobby_sox
why was he banned?

lil bitchiness
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f13/t326183.html

Please get back on topic.

peterKSL
"*The intellectual knows there are no final answers to human questions; the pseudo makes each tentative and provisional answer sound like a finality."

This passage sounds a bit, funny... because as it is mentioned that there are no final answers to human questions, that is a finality...!!! Isn't it??
What can there be no finality?? Nothing basicly...

EVERYTHING is finality...

LordFear
there is no such thing as pseudo-intellect. Researchers have proven that there are over seven different kind of intelligence. The more popular is your "booksmart" scenario but ranges go from musical, spatial to your street smarts. Therefore a pseudo intellect really doesn't exist. He may be weak in an area where he believes or wants people to believe him to be otherwise.

Reborn Again
I suppose I could be considerd half & half. I'm both intellectual and pseudo, because I question things but I also want to be right with my answer despite not knowing all the facts.

wink

KharmaDog
no one is talking about pseudo-intellect. We are discussing the characteristics of one being an intellectual or a pseudo-intellectual. "Psuedo" means false or counterfeit; fake. And if you combine it with "intellectual" you would see where this was going.

You may believe that there is no such thing as pseudo-intellect, but you have to agree that the world is full of pseudo-intellectuals.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
Interesting!I think I am a pseudo it just seens to match my personally then the other one.JM

Oh god life is good.

peterKSL
Bardock.. I really didn't felt like laughing.. please stop your act... don't try to change my personality... stick out tongue

Storm
I seem to be acting as the intellectual.

peterKSL
Storm, you are.. big grin

debbiejo
You can have both if you're schizophrenic.

Reborn Again
Originally posted by debbiejo

Then your name is Hannibel Lecter. confused

debbiejo
^ No I'm a vegetarian, I really am....

Reborn Again
A herbivore, eh? Nothin' wrong with that. But I like the smell and taste of meat.

ms_erupt
Originally posted by debbiejo

Interesting comment because after reading that I fall into both categories. On some I was a true intellect, on others, pseudo. And, I also have mild schizophrenia.

Hey, I just noticed they have a little spell check button down here. And the whole time I've been following misspelled words with (sp?) Wow, I'm a moron.

debbiejo
laughing out loud

Youre funny.............spell check button

Bardock42
Anyway I sometimes get to near to the pseudo intellectual which is bad (hint for JM) but mostly I am a none of both....I wish I was an intellectual though sad

Reborn Again
Sometimes people can have high intelligence and still be stupid.

debbiejo
Sometimes people can be super-intelligent and seem stupid, but just can't communicate on a level we can identify with.

Like me. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.