Why Do You Like Horror Movies?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

papabeard
Why do you like Horror Movies, what is it about them that interests you, and makes you watch so many?

slayer
Just the total atmosphere and the creativity involved in em' i guess smile

dean7879
cos i like to see people die horrible deaths evil face

Cinemaddiction
They're a good release. Period.

WindDancer
For many different reasons. The main reason is pure entertainment. And also because I'm a bit masochistic.

cheech79
cause i like it
stop harrasing me

tabby999
like C-Dic said, they're great release. the cinematic punching bag if you will. plus i'm a bit of a gore hound

tpaquin
It's that rush when something unexpected happens. Sure, you're scared, but it's invigorating.

papabeard
Why do you think you like to be scared?
What is it about the gore that interests you?
Why do you think certain horror movies are effective in scaring you?

tabby999
as far as the "why do you want to be scared" i'm gonna rip off the great Anthony Hopkins if i may, he puts it so well.

people like to get put in a controlled environment and have a scare so when they leave the theater or turn off the tv, they see that life is still good and that these things arn't in real life. Whats the first thing people do when they see a baby? BOO!

Azrael01
Ever since horror movies scared me as a kid I have been adicted to geting scared its a adreniline rush. After a while the movies aren't scary but you still keep going waiting for the big scare. Its the same at least for me with tattoos when in pain or afraid you get a rush and it is controled.

Wolfie
Well, I don't get scared by horrors, though there have been a few that mildly disturbed me.

Why do I like horror movies? I like the way Dean put it, 'cause I like to see people die horrible deaths. Ever since I got into horror, action has a less appeal to me. For they are both similar, the difference being horror can be a lot more graphic and rarely uses guns (which action uses 99% of the time).

WhoKnows?
a good way to use fiction in a way of showing ones personal fears.
ok i have no idea why. i just like them. im never scared is the weird part...

BREN
ive loved horror movies ever since my family bought a vcr in 1980,i mean so much so that i have a massive collection that is increasing every week,i own movies from all around the globe,i dont just watch horror movies i watch ever kind of movie,but my forte is horror every movie i own is the uncut version,i do not buy cut or bootleg movies,the total is now coming up to the 6500 mark,but i have been collecting since 1983,why do i love horror movies its hard to say probably because most are complete fantasy i allso like to see how many inventive ways the filmaker can kill some1,lol,im a GORE HOUND,what can i say ?

WhoKnows?
my cool aunt has a whole collection of the halloween movies. anybody wanna watch?

Jennifer_Tilly
I love horror movies I love to get scared!
BTW Evanescence rocks!!!

WhoKnows?
i just do it because i love the creepy feeling i get, but i dont really get scared, anybody see house on haunted hill?

TedO
Couldn't have said it better myself

Plus I'm a sas, sadistic little man evil face

WhoKnows?
nice pic of freddy.

ResEvil_4ever
I like them because i like to feel scared and i like gorey movies and usally the ones where the guy uses a chain saw or an ax to kill someone.

WhoKnows?
kewlie. cool

kalumon
scare factor love to be scared by a good movie

Darth_Big_Boy
I grew up watching horror....so it's in my blood so to speak.

KilledForLove
originality , source of our nightmares , horror films are an art , only fiew film maker really know how to make them ... today we are killing the horror genre , pissing on life devotion of the past filmmaker ... a horror film is make to entertained , create , inovate .. show poeple the dark side of humanity , make them lock there doors at night and make them look under their bed , make them think twice before going in the basement alone ... the fear , the adrenaline ... horror film is based on imagination and showing poeple wath they dont wanna see , shocking poeple , make them feel insecure... basicly this is what i like about horror ...

stingray005
I personally think that horror movies are the absolutely most retarded thing in the world. MOST of them are pointless, and the only reason they're made is to see people die in various gruesome ways, like NOES for instance.

Azrael01
If you don't like horror movies why are you posting on this forum in a thread that asks why you like horror movies none the less.

stingray005
Because I'm bored

stingray005
and I'm assuming that papabeard doesn't like them either which is why he's asking the question in the first place.

TWelling4Ever
any1 want a sig? if so, pm me

Sicky666
Ye Blood always flows it only needs to be recognized for what it really is

BlackC@t
I just do, there's really no explanation.

The Redeemer
Personally speaking, I blame me father! And old long gone Dublin revival houses! I guess if it wasn't for him I'd be a SCREAM fanboy by now! But I digress. Me dad was, and thankfully still is, a great fan of everything fantastic. It was he who introduced to the wonderful worlds of early television science fiction such as the original STAR TREK series and Jon Pertwee playing DR WHO.

And scared the s*it out of me by watching the likes of THE HAUNTING, episodes of CIRCLE OF FEAR and late Friday night Hammer Horrors on ITV. I have fond memories of watching THE VAMPIRE LOVERS with me late granny in tow...she hmming and hawing on the sofa about how
terrible it all was yet still straining forward with interest and glee and lapping up all the on screen action.

It was my father who brought me to see the second run BENEATH THE PLANET OF THE APES, DR WHO AND THE DALEKS and DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER. And later, in me early teen years, to SURVIVE! and Sergio Martino's textbook TORSO which formed my love of the stalk and slash/Giallo Film.

But it was in 1982 that cinema really came home with the advent of the VCR. First film rented? FRIDAY THE 13TH of course! The era of the video nasty was in and rarely were they out of the video. DEEP RED was my first Argento film and I've never looked back! Fulci's zombies pararded across the screen and all the best bits of Tom Savini's work in the likes of THE BURNING could be seen for the first time uncut. How nasty they all were!

Ah, for them days before formative horror cinema and I was only reading about them! STARBURST and FANGORIA were regular reads then. Now it's more VIDEO WATCHDOG and the latest publications from the fabulous FAB Press! And the latest issue now and then of FANGORIA of course, for old times sakes you understand!!!

Cinemaddiction
Why are you a Horror fan?

wazz
thinks i lie seeing in horror movies that what ever killing the people theres someone who kills it or survies it

The Redeemer
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Why are you a Horror fan?

Fair enough! But something with a social tag might gets others to discuss a bit of history and personal memories regarding the horror genre.

After all, I read James Herbert and Stephen King long before I dared pay the admission fee to see the likes of THE INCREDIBLE MELTING MAN. I remember a long out of touch mate that tried to goad me into seeing I DON'T WANT TO BE BORN. But I chickened out and the next day he confided quietly that he flew the cinema after about ten minutes in fright! laughing out loud And got his money back! Cheeky b*stard! Ah, Dem were the days!!! smokin'

Uneeklyconfused
i love watching horror movies. i love to see how the director chooses to kill of the charater. i mean , there's so many ways to die, so im guess im looking to see how many different ways there are

yohohugs
because it interesting not boring Happy Dance

Wendigo
I got real scared when I was a kid now im like an addict looking for that same scare again

phoenix87
I love the rush of being home alone and getting the shit scared out of you and because my house is still in the building stage and will be for the next year (DIY job that my dad started but wont finnish) my room is outside, there is no window and it is all just chiprock so its pretty scary having to lock the house (after watching a film) lock myself out and run to my room and lock it once i am in there lol very scary hahah i can then do my art work for another couple of hourse because when i am depressed or scared i can really be creative lol! my art www.bewitchingart.tripod.com

Azrael01
you know your link doesn't work. Anyway though I think watching scary movies is an addiction. At least for me it is the scarier the better.

phoenix87
I know i just reolised it didnt work and i am like DAM DAM DAM but n e way will have to fix that.

phoenix87
Originally posted by Azrael01
you know your link doesn't work. Anyway though I think watching scary movies is an addiction. At least for me it is the scarier the better.

http://bewitchingart.tripod.com/index.htm thats better i think haha

meisterwant2c
My mom always said the reason I liked them was she got scared by one while pregent with me. Only seen it once and then asked what scared her. was told to shut up. lol

venom_x9
i like them because they give you a sick feeling in your stomch and i like watching gory movies and how the people die

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.