Leeds / Reading Headliners Announced...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PTim
Should be better than last years, hopefully. The big three have been (exclusively) announced to NME, and various other bands are gonna be announced shortly apparently.

The Big Three:
The Pixies
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters

(as I'm 'new' -_- I can't post the link, but check out the NME website)

Can't wait to see The Pixies, rumoured to be their final UK show EVER :O

I've been meaning to pick up an Iron Maiden album for months, this is as good a reason as any I guess *hopes the HMV sale is good* and the Foo Fighters aren't too good IMO.

Oh, this is the first topic EVER on here from me so - "Hi."

ElectricBugaloo
Wow, The Pixies and Foo Fighters are awesome. I heard the Pixies might record another album, so I don't know if it is going to be their last show ever. Iron Maiden...meh.

PTim
Yeah.

Bam Thwok is a cool little new song, it shows they are as good as they ever were anyway smile *listens to Caribou*

Red Superfly
Excellent.

I went last year and had an awesome time. This year I'm going again, with more freinds and even more weed.

PTim
Heh.

Weed + Good Music + Warm Clothing = EPIC TIME.

smile

Red Superfly
I guess you'll be going to Reading being in Cambridgshire?

I might go to Reading. Leeds is closer, but I went there last year.

I love the Festival vibe. I also love the fact that no matter how crap the weather is, Leeds and Reading always brings out the best in British weather, because it's in a massive open field and the wind is gloriously windy, blowing the rain clouds over to the poor city. I always come back bronzed.

I think I'll take the car this time because I want to bring everything I need - buying stuff on site is absolutely rediculous.

Own weed, own beer, own food - super happy time.

I may buy a bunch of tickets this time too. Even if I can't get anyone to take them - you can make a mint on eBay when they inevitably sell out. There's also always people near the site itself saying they'll buy tickets - you can charge the moon.

PTim
Nah I'm off to Leeds mate. Reading IS closer, but Leeds is technically closer because I can get ONE train that takes an hour to get there...

... so it's all good. Shame I missed White Stripes last year though, but I wouldn't be surprised if they come back (they have a new album out this year, according to Q magazine). But Pixies are guarenteed to be good, and my mates band Bloc Party will hopefully be going to big grin

The tickets are out this March, I'm getting my wage at the very end of Feb so I should have plenty. Can't wait.

Leeds is my warm up for Uni ~_O

Red Superfly
Leeds Official Lineup

How cool is the new lineup?

Sure, there's a few duffers for the kids like Fightstar, but whole families go to these things so it is to be expected.

I've alreday picked out The Foos, Kings of Leon, Queens Of The Stoen Age, The Kills, Kasabian, The Killers, The Coral, Iron Maiden, Iggy Pop, NoFX and Transplants. That'll do me just fine.

Hell I'm gonna have to go and see Marylyn Manson, just to say that I've seen him live.

Lol Fightstar and Simple Plan are also confirmed, and they are up first, for all the kiddies and little girls, laughing out loud

Cannot wait.

MildPossession
The bands I like playing:

Iron Maiden, Marilyn Manson, Incubus, Iggy, Alkaline Trio, Queens of the Stone Age, Pixies, Jimmy Eat World, Bloc Party, LCD Soundsystem, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, The Arcade Fire.

Looking good so far.

IRON EDDIE 666
Originally posted by ElectricBugaloo
Iron Maiden...meh.
blink
However, this is ecatly the reason im not happy about Maiden doing this festival. A very large majority of the crowd just won't care no

Red Superfly
No dude, a LOT of people are going JUST to see Maiden.

Seriously, they WILL be appreciated. Almost everyone I know who is going, is going to see Maiden, and thats a lot.

IRON EDDIE 666
Originally posted by Red Superfly
No dude, a LOT of people are going JUST to see Maiden.

Seriously, they WILL be appreciated. Almost everyone I know who is going, is going to see Maiden, and thats a lot.
Maybe...
But i still don't think its the right festival for them. sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.