Any SLIPKNOT fans?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

QuietPattern
I normally despise Nu-metal with a passion but Slipknot's an acception. they just kick so much ass! and Joey is hella hot!

Morning_Glory
there is already a thread for this!

i like the song Duality and that's it no expression

Sex_kitten
I love, love, love Joey Jordison. And slipknot ain't half bad, though I prefer older metal.

tabby999
i like slipknot, saw them live a few days ago, they went mental, it was really good.

eggmayo
Are you the new POG?

Kharhmah
I like Slipknot, they rock! Vermilion is the best! rock rock rock

room #99
Wait and bleed and thats it! allthough thier latest album was not that bad, it had Semi-solos roll eyes (sarcastic) , but atleast they are brutal

Aku
Firstly Slipknots only good album was self titled

Secondly, how can girls like joey jordisan? He wears a mask? Behind the mask he could look really ugly? And murderdolls is no exception coz he looked ugly in that band anyway.

SlipknoT
What do you think I think about them?

Norma Jean
Ryan hates them. wink

SlipknoT
Grrrr, I cant stand them roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth_Lucifer
Hey guys! im a SLipknot fan!! They are awesome!!!they're music gets me going in the morning more than caffeinebig grin

SlipknoT
thumb up

Filth
lol, slipknot rock!!!

Deathblow
Yep, agreed. Wait And Bleed is an excellent song, but it's their only one. I understand completely why Slipknot are so popular (amongst teenagers that is), but they are still basically watered down death metal.

Darth_Lucifer
i would like to add that Slipknots new Album shows they have a really good talent with their Variety of songs. Slipknot will go far and will be around for a while...basically becuase they are unique.

tabby999
wouldn't say unique but they are good. they've been kicking on for a while now as it is too

loserib
i think thats funny when people try to say Slipknot are a teenie type band im 24 and im a huge slipknot fan so are all my friends and most them are not teenagers

Darth_Lucifer
Couldn't have said it better myself.

SlipknoT
They arent really unique.

Darth_Lucifer
Yeah i was over exaggerating a bit...ha ha. But i they are very good and kind of uniquesmile whats your favourite song of theirs?

SlipknoT
Probably Pulse or the Maggot, Wait and Bleed, (sic), DUality, My Plauge, and Surfacing

Ronny
Meh, i like them yes but i really want to see them live laughing out loud

i love it whenpeople go crazy and break stuff embarrasment its such a turn on

SlipknoT
They have awsome shows, people hurt eachother rock

KidRock
Slipknot sucks.. along with all those other goth/punk/skater/ retard bands.

well there is my 1 post in this forum for the year

ARC Trooper 117
Wow....
Slipknot is okay. yes

SlipknoT
Well they kick the shit out if the White Trash country singer in your sig wink

tabby999
they do at that, but then again, its not hard is it. like beating up a drunk

WeluvTwinkie
Slipknot is mediocre. They're definately not the worst nu-metal band out there, I'll give them that, though. Nothing special about them, except the lead singer will probably blow out his vocal chords in around 10 years.

loserib
when did slipknot become a goth/skater/punk band?
i must have missed that memo

Darth_Lucifer
Yeah i must have missed that too, why did he bother saying that when the thread is asking 'Any SLIKNOT fans?'

Darth_Lucifer
My favourite songs are, Only One, The Blister Exists, Spit it Out and My plague....bu that doesnt mean i think all the other songs are awesomebig grin

SlipknoT
Slipknot Punk rock? laughing out loud

AcrypT
Spit It Out, by far their best song, after that I'd have to go with sick or (sic) if you wanna be technical. Good band basicaly, nothing really speacial but they know how to make noise into exelince (<--no way I spelled that right, I maybe even invented a word). I like their vocalist and thier drummer is awsome (the main one not the other 3). They kinda remind me of a puppet show at times but I guess you could say that's part of their act and if that's what get them going then please by all mean let them keep going. There was a time when I liked them MUCH more than I do now but I guess I've found better bands since or maybe I've just over heard them and kinda got sick of them a bit. They've basically turned into another one of my nostalgic bands, I enjoy hearing their songs when I hear them but I don't go out of my way to hear them anymore.
I'll grant them this though, I'd love to be at one of their concerts, it looks like they put on one hell of a show! (if only I didn't live in Israel where bands are to scared to tour...)

loserib
i like spit it out the best but your right all there songs are bad ass
at least they arnt riping of metallica riffs and allways jumping to what ever style is going to make them most money at the time

Korri
nope no expression

Lyra Rose
Slipknots are a cool band my friend got me listening to them at first i didn't like them but once id listened to the properly i relised they weren't

Darth_Lucifer
Hey no need to have a dig at Metallica... If you Listend to Slipknots newsst album (The Subliminal Vereses) they play a variety of songs even acoustic....all bands end up changin in some way...and theres no way metallica are a rip off...SLipknot look up to them as idolsbig grin

loserib
you missed the point it was a dig at kid rock who blatently took a riif from for whom the bell tolls and jumos genras every other record

Darth_Lucifer
ha ha ha oh yeah...Kid Rock used Sad But True's riffs aswell...the cheek of it mad sorry man didn't quite understand

SlipknoT
Kid Rock sick

Konjammenson
i would never describe slipknot as nu-metal.

very true.

what exactly is a skater band? does he mean bands that are listened to by people who skate board? or does he mean bands who sing about half-pipes and play guitars that look like skate boards while standing on skate boards during a live show at a skate board park where a bunch of skate-boarding skate-board music fans come to skate-board and listen to some good skate-board music.

slipknot is f*ing awsome. its amazing how many people like to take the time out of their lives to come and tell me that slipknot sucks. as if, because im wearing a slipknot shirt its really going to hurt me if some nobody from nowhere thinks he can make himself feel better by assuming that its going to hurt me. read the back jack-os "don't ever judge me."

I am also a fan of mushroomhead, which people also like to point out to me that they ripped off slipknot...sorry, they were around long before slipknot. and if thats the case, slipknot ripped of gwar, who ripped off kiss, who ripped off someone else who ripped of another person...and it all boils down to some african tribesman who tied a string to a block of wood and plucked it to make a sound...EVERYONE ripped him off.

fav song: new abortion

SlipknoT
Kiss ripped off Alice Copper

Napalm
pulse of the maggots

MaggotCorps
dude its Alice Cooper

barbarossa
Slipknot! punk

euro

HeartBroken
I'd love'em alittle more minus the masks.

Darth_Lucifer
they wouldnt be Slipknot without the masks.....plaus they're mento to be really ugly blokes....

HeartBroken
Yea yea I get it but....I'd love'em alittle more minus the masks.

Darth_Lucifer
At least you like them, they're music is awesome ..thats what countsbig grin

Aini
I can't stand this "oh joey is so hot" thing.( btw he looks like a lil girl)
girls they're not a boyband!
......although it's a band with "boys".
btw I love em.

Lyra Rose
friend got me in to slipknot and i thank her for it and yes joey is hot as hell

SlipknoT
He wears a mask, how the hell can you think he's hot? and plus hes maybe 5'2

R0B
I heard that slipknot concerts kick ass but they never come to my state...

SlipknoT
They're amazing, i've seen them 3 times and I'm going to see them again March 6th

OMEGA_05
I go to there concerts when I can

AND yes they do KICK ASS
The concerts are so dawm crowded you can barely move and fights usually accur. THE whole thing is just INSANE !!!!!!!

SlipknoT
Half the audience was a pit.

R0B
Well when they decide to bring their asses to my state then Ill go see them

SlipknoT
NC right?

R0B
Yeah

Aini
...with the murderdolls he doesn't. ....but anyways, I can't stand it...

PunisherFan33
i love slipknot and does anybody know how to get ur sig to come up

Darth_Lucifer
yeah click on quick links, then edit sign then you copy and paste it into the part on 'Edit Profile.'

i think thats right blink

Konjammenson
you have to upload the picture then copy and paste the address into your sig on your profile

SlipknoT
Murderdolls sick

Filth
You dont like murderdolls? why they rock

SlipknoT
I cant stand them

Deathblow
Murderdolls are the only band on earth who can compete with ICP for the title of worst band ever. Seriously they are bad on so many levels it's unreal.

Filth
I think they are ok not Wednesday 13's best but still ok

Deathblow
They sound like a horribly corny 80's novelty rock band. They also have some of the worst lyrics I think I've ever heard; they try so hard to be gothic with the horror movie name-dropping and what not. The guitar sounds like it's been recorded in a tin can, and why Joey J decided to play guitar is beyond me, judging from Murderdolls it's clear he should really stick to the drums. To cap it all off, Wednesday whatshisname has an ugly, annoying, weak voice. There's a name for Muderdolls type, Trash Metal.

Oh yeah and it doesn't help that Tripp Eisen is a prominent band member, seeing as he can't play guitar for shit, screwed up Static-X, and has recently taken up child molestation.

PunisherFan33
where is quick links??

Aini
I like em. Saw them live once and I think they rock.

MetallicaT
i'm goin to see slipknot on the 24th of April in St. Paul
shadows fall and lamb of god are gonna be there too

gonna rock \m/

SlipknoT
Guys, POG is back, someone come ban here

loserib
hells yeah going to see slipknot tomorrow with shadows fall lamb of god and from autom (sp) to ashes if i get a camera in i will post pics

LifeIsKillingMe
i dont like murderdolls

loserib
yeah i could never really get into them

SlipknoT
Why are From Autunm to ashes with Slipknot?

Beast_Within
i saw a goth girl walknig past me with a Slipknot shirt on stick out tongue

SlipknoT
Slipknot are not goth.

loserib
i dont know ive never heard anything by them do the suck ass

Beast_Within
Originally posted by SlipknoT
Slipknot are not goth. i know. i just sais a goth girl was wearin a Slipknot shirt! mad

are u goin blind? mad

Konjammenson
Originally posted by loserib
i dont know ive never heard anything by them do the suck ass

no

loserib
well i missed fata and shadows falll trieng to find a bottle of jager but Lamb of God and slipnot were awsome we were recording the show with a little digitalk camera but we got cought and they took it

AdventChild
Slip knot is the only metal band i'll listen to...wait and mudvayne....

Cinemaddiction
I was a Slipknot fan when they first broke, then came "Iowa" and the whole Nazi "S" armband deal, and their "hate the world" gimmick, but with "Vol. 3" that kind of blew over, and they are more artistic than noisy this time around, and I'm pretty hooked.

tomsgurlz
I love Slipknot! They're from my hood. I once got to meet them up close because my friends boyfriend lives next to them. IT WAS WICKED! I still can't get enough of Vol.3. Vermilion pt. 2 really touches your heart! rock

LifeIsKillingMe
Slipknot rules!

SlipknoT
mhm

Morpheus
Originally posted by tomsgurlz
I love Slipknot! They're from my hood. I once got to meet them up close because my friends boyfriend lives next to them. IT WAS WICKED! I still can't get enough of Vol.3. Vermilion pt. 2 really touches your heart! rock

raver THAT SONG GETS ME EVERY TIME. raver

RogueGambitdare
Go SLIPKNOT!

Morpheus
raver My first SLILPKNOT album. i got it only 4 duality and vemilion pt.2 but the album is good. raver

SlipknoT
Originally posted by RogueGambitdare
Go SLIPKNOT! No, NO. You will Not say that with an Avril lavigne Sig. God that shit pisses me off.

Darth Revan
laughing out loud

StinkFist462
lol , wow , please tell me avril is joking . no expression

Slayer XxX
Originally posted by tomsgurlz

Why the hell did you attach a picture of a little bittch that looks like a f*cking weasle? That picture is not neccasary to be posted in a slipknot thread

PunisherFan33
Originally posted by RogueGambitdare
Go SLIPKNOT!

yea u really cant say that bcause that uhhh avril is emo and she is not even rock she is POP Rock that is EMO so EMO Happy Dance

Treehuggerjanie
i cant stand avril lavigne just for the record.i dont like pop music.
yeah slipknot are pretty good

PunisherFan33
Originally posted by Treehuggerjanie
i cant stand avril lavigne just for the record.i dont like pop music.
yeah slipknot are pretty good
avril lavign is like MJ to Women over 12

PunisherFan33
Originally posted by PunisherFan33
avril lavign is to POP ROCK as like MJ to Women over 12

cad
i think there alright but i dont really like much of there songs

Mistah DEVIL
maggot 2780 at your service

Konjammenson
No, NO. You will Not say that with an Avril lavigne Sig. God that shit pisses me off.

my thoughts exactly

PunisherFan33
Originally posted by Killer_Dennis
i know. i just sais a goth girl was wearin a Slipknot shirt! mad

are u goin blind? mad
technically they r Death Metal which in other terms is GOTH

loserib
Slipknot are not death metal and death metal is not goth metal

SlipknoT
Slipknot is Far from Death Metal. And Death Metal As Loserib said has nothing to do with Goth.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by PunisherFan33
yea u really cant say that bcause that uhhh avril is emo and she is not even rock she is POP Rock that is EMO so EMO Happy Dance
Emo is like the punk music that gripes about the government and stuff. Avril is pop period.

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Emo is like the punk music that gripes about the government and stuff. No, Emo is Bitching about your parents, or How your girlfriend in 7th grade Dumped you.

Swanky-Tuna
No, Emo is Bitching about your parents, or How your girlfriend in 7th grade Dumped you.
That's what it's been downgraded to but originally it was all about fighting against The Man. That's triple tags. It's infallible.

Swanky-Tuna
No, Emo is Bitching about your parents, or How your girlfriend in 7th grade Dumped you.
Actually, that's not emo. That's just being whiny.

SlipknoT
That's what it's been downgraded to but originally it was all about fighting against The Man. That's triple tags. It's infallible. No, Thats What Punk and Metal were all about.

davemcclain_666
slipknot used to be cool but now they just suck

Df02

that's such a pathetic thing to say...

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Swanky-Tuna
No, Thats What Punk and Metal were all about.
Yeah, that kind of punk and metal music was called emo. Mostly punk though.

Mistah DEVIL
"before i forget"

www.urbanchaosvideos.com

dl now

SlipknoT
Yeah, that kind of punk and metal music was called emo. What?

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Df02
that's such a pathetic thing to say...

roll eyes (sarcastic) I had a feeling you would say something about that...

Swanky-Tuna
What?
Heavily emotional punk music is called emo.

SlipknoT
Heavily emotional punk music is called emo. Thats probably what it started out as, but what I consider Emo is not the least bit punk.

Swanky-Tuna
Thats probably what it started out as, but what I consider Emo is not the least bit punk.
Are you like me and immediately associate it with the annoyingly self opinionated know-it-alls with the pseudo intellectual glasses?

They should get some guts and go straight for the Buddy Hollys.

DemonSpirit
*sits back and listens to everyone* Emo in my opinion sucks anyways...but *shrugs* this wasn't my convo so *sits in the dark corner*

Swanky-Tuna
I don't like emo either. Something about the common punk band singer that's like nails on a chalkboard to me.

DemonSpirit
I can agree with that actually...people like Avril scare the crap outta me and I just can't stand them to me their CDs should be burned in public...but that's just me

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by DemonSpirit
people like Avril
Bleh, I don't like the pop/country either. Oddly, I'm a fan of the old cheesy pop though. Like Abba. Hahahahahaha.

DemonSpirit
My favorite bands would have to be things like Type O'Negative, NIN, SlipKnot, etc...I listen to some older stuff too but those are just things i HAVE to listen to or I go insane shifty (what you people don't know is that I am already there) *settles herself in a corner* it's quite nice in here though

Tassie
No, NO. You will Not say that with an Avril lavigne Sig. God that shit pisses me off.

Jesus, Amen.

Slipknot is cool.. I like Wait and Bleed, and Duality

Doubledee90
Slipknot is my favorite band they kick sooo much ass....I saw them live in March with Lamb of god, and shadows fall the concert was kick ass...mosh pit is awesome. I have all slipkntos cd's mate feed kill repeat, slipknot, iowa, and volume 3 the subliminal verses (and the bonus disk) I worship them... I know everyhting about the,.

Doubledee90
O btw slipknot sint emo or death metal they r like a mix of rap, and metal, and some toher stuff

SlipknoT
They Have kind of lost the Rap edge they once had

StinkFist462
thank god they lost that rap element.

Deathblow
Yeah, that Spit It Out song was horrible. It sounded like two totally different bands having a fight.

Doubledee90
I dunno i like spit it out...but not my favorite...

StinkFist462
its not good but its not bad

basementred
duality is a good song, but before i forget is better

slipknotfreak
slipknot is one of the most diverse bands in the world. they are carrying metal to places no one has ever dramed of going. enjoy the ride. it won't last forever.

Doubledee90
AGREED!!

Morning_Glory
how many slipknot threads does there have to be.. sdfl

Doubledee90
They are so good so there has to be a lot...dont shut them down

SlipknoT
Originally posted by slipknotfreak
slipknot is one of the most diverse bands in the world. they are carrying metal to places no one has ever dramed of going. enjoy the ride. it won't last forever. Ok, Thats just over rating them...

Doubledee90
Ok, Thats just over rating them...

True is some sense.....But i still havent heard a band like them.....ANY HARDORE MAGGOTS????

DaRk Lotus
I like Spit it out smile

MetalHeart
my fave songs the Heretic Anthem

Doubledee90
I dont have a favorite song they are all good :-)

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by Doubledee90
True is some sense.....But i still havent heard a band like them.....ANY HARDORE MAGGOTS????

I ****ing hate that term. It's kind of ironic that they once preached individualism, people equalling shit, but they want to label all their fans? Tsk, tsk. I thought/hoped they dropped that moniker.

I'm a fan of Slipknot, not a "maggot", not part of the "maggot corps", just a loyal listener, who actually appreciates the new sound more than anything.

Doubledee90
joey jordison made up the term...and ur icon barcode numbers are wrong....They have a small 7 then in the middle 42617 00002 Then another smal 7

Doubledee90
o nvm u have batman now

RagnaViper
Never really liked their music at all.

I'll admit that the band members have talent but their songs sound like they were only practiced once.

Remember kiddies:
Everytime you wear a Slipknot shirt, God kills a kitten. Please think of the kittens.

SlipknoT
I have one on now...

Doubledee90
HAHAHA

Screw kittens

RagnaViper
But kittens are so cute...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>