Man kills mother after she flushes marijuana down toilet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

charmedFairy
http://www.local6.com/news/4156176/detail.html

MISSION, Texas -- Authorities say a Rio Grande Valley man accused of killing his mother apparently was upset because she flushed his marijuana down the toilet.

Nicholas Jack Kenison, 24, of Mission, is charged with murder in the weekend slaying of 50-year-old Gloria Abelina Kenison in the home they shared. Bond for Nicholas Kenison is set at $500,000.

Hidalgo County sheriff's deputies said Kenison is accused of beating his mother with a crowbar, then putting a trash bag over her head.

Sheriff Lupe Trevino said Kenison allegedly attacked the woman because she destroyed his stash of drugs.

The victim's body was discovered Sunday by a neighbor and Nicholas Kenison was later arrested.

Morning_Glory
cry thats so horrible

charmedFairy
I kniowcry

SaTsuJiN
pff.. flushing his stash down the toilet was her giving him a new lease on life.. he shoulda been thankful

Time Of Evil
lol, it sounds heartless but thats funny! laughing

Dexx
oh..golden rule..you do NOT mess with a man's marijuana stick out tongue

Morning_Glory
no expression

Dexx
yes

Corlindel
Or...leave my marijuana alone stick out tongue

pr1983
what a f*cking sc*mbag...

i dont like my mother but jeez... over some marijuana?

Dexx
heck..it better had been quality prime!

Time Of Evil
LOL! laughing

KillTheLight
I hope he gets raped in Prison F*ucking loser.It was his mom she was only helping him mad

Clovie
blink

why everything like that happen in texas?

Alpha Centauri
"It was his mom she was only helping him "

No she wasn't. Have you ever had an addiction? Drugs are pretty important to someone addicted to them. If he was addicted, in a big way, to weed. She wasn't helping him by taking his drugs and flushing them away.

Not saying it is worthy of murder but she made the first move.

-AC

sk8stuff09
texas sucks

WindDancer
Absolutely agree with those posts. Is Texas so they'll fried his ass in the chair. Killing a love one over an addiction is lower than shit.

rajah kalantiaw
killing anybody is lower than sh!t of all sh!ts.

Alpha Centauri
^ Ridiculous.

-AC

BackFire
That man is a worthless piece of shit.

Afro Cheese
Agreed.

Df02
pretty sure a majority of the population has/does or will smoke marijuana in their lifetime lol
its safer than alcohol

pr1983
an intervention might have been a better idea...

no excuse for killing her though... guy should be put away...

eggmayo
mhmm...

BackFire
Obviously this guy had a major addiction to pot if he killed his own mother over it. She was trying to help him break his addiction.

Whatever the case, the guy will be dead soon. As soon as he's put in jail all of the other criminals will rape and kill him for doing something so shitty (even by their standards), so whatever.

Afro Cheese
Yeah well this guy has some issues beyond pot addiction. It's not all that powerful of a drug. Not saying it can't be addictive but I find it hard to believe that losing his stash was the only reason he killed her.

Df02
im pretty sure that, to have killed his mother... he'd have had issues prior to his pot-addiction aswell

but there are more alcoholics in the world than their are pot-heads

SaTsuJiN
it kills your braincells just the same.. thats like someone telling me cigarettes are safer than rat poison.. no expression

Afro Cheese
They are.

SaTsuJiN
here.. some cigarette facts.. http://www.thetruth.com/index.cfm?seek=facts

WindDancer
No!......Not thetruth.com! Anything but thetruth.com!! stick out tongue

SlipknoT
I know, all that weed wasted cry

Afro Cheese
So? That's because a lot more people smoke than they do eat rat poison. Can you kill yourself by using cigarettes once? No. No matter how much you smoke, it will take years for them to kill you. Eat enough rat poison once and your dead. I'm not saying cigarettes are safe, but to say they are no safer than rat poison is an exaggeration. Put it this way.. you have a choice and you have to choose to either smoke a pack of cigarettes or eat some rat poison, which one will you choose?

Df02
Weed is safer than alcohol
Weed smoked without tobacco is safer than cigarettes

even the thoughts that is causes mental illness is highly speculated
whereas its KNOWN that alcohol causes liver failure and cigarettes cause lung cancer

MC Mike
Oh my god. I'm sorry, but the woman was stupid and so was the man. If the guy was addicted to marijuana, that was his decision, and his life - let him live it. Secondly, as mentioned before, you can't just cut off an addicted man's supply like that and expect a miracle cure. Christ...

SaTsuJiN
mental illness? lol.. you make it sound like the only thing that happens is to become dillusional.. your brain cells flat out croak... I dont condone any kind of substance abuse whatsoever.. so from my point of view it seems only potheads defend pot smoking..

However I don't directly link the killing of the mother to the pot smoking.. she probably trashed an expensive sized stash.. but eh.. he went to jail where he can smoke all the pot, and drop all the soap he pleases.. wink

MC : I dunno if he was living under his mothers roof.. but if my kid was gonna think they're gonna smoke some triflin shit like that up in my house.. they're gonna be dancin in traffic.. if he was under her roof, he must obide by her rules or pay the consequences.

eggmayo
thumb up Entirely true.

Alpha Centauri
"so from my point of view it seems only potheads defend pot smoking.."

Never touched a cigarette or smoked pot in my life.

But the mere fact that pot hasn't killed a single person, says to me that it's a biiiiit better than tobacco. Has less negative side effects, has some positive effects, of which tobacco has none. People say, "it calms me." Have you ever seen anyone on pot? The calmest people on Earth.

"I dunno if he was living under his mothers roof.. but if my kid was gonna think they're gonna smoke some triflin shit like that up in my house.. they're gonna be dancin in traffic.. if he was under her roof, he must obide by her rules or pay the consequences."

It's not as simple as that. Respecting the rules I can understand but like, respect is earned where respect is given in my eyes. She was being as disrespectful to him as he was to her. Infact let's bring this on:

If he killed his mother for throwing away weed, I doubt he was packing a full tool set anyway, metaphorically speaking. She's his mother, she must have known this. The only thing worse than throwing away a drug addicts supply? Throwing away the supply of a drug addict with mental problems. Not saying she asked for it, but she didn't exactly take the best course of action did she?

-AC

SaTsuJiN
Thats his mother, that alone deserves respect right there.. I dont care which way the sugar is spread..wanting him to stop blastin up on hash is hardly an unreasonable request.. Plus Im sure you're correct about her knowing.. which means this must have been an ongoing event in that house. (both the disrespect and the smokin)
as for pot being oh so good (when compared with a cig).. would you trust a pot smoker with heavy machinery? or someone with a cigarette?.. erm

Alpha Centauri
"I dont care which way the sugar is spread..wanting him to stop blastin up on hash is hardly an unreasonable request.."

It's not. Trying to force it, is. It doesn't matter if you care which way the "sugar was spread" or not. She played her part. Mother's don't automatically deserve respect, by the way. If my mother was forceful with me or disrespectful to me, the fact that she birthed me wouldn't warrant me sitting there taking it.

"Plus Im sure you're correct about her knowing.. which means this must have been an ongoing event in that house."

Not really. Mental health problems can sometimes be set off through various actions. Location isn't neccessarily a factor.

"would you trust a pot smoker with heavy machinery? or someone with a cigarette?..."

Irrelevant. If pot smoking was legal, workplaces with heavy machinery or occupations that required the operation of heavy machinery, would obviously have a no smoking (pot) policy. Besides, responsibility or ability with a drug cannot be connected to it's level of legality. Purely because alcohol is legal and people still drive under the influence of it.

-AC

SaTsuJiN
She wasnt beating him up.. she was sick and tired of him not listening, so drastic measures were obviously the only way left to express her frustration at that point

Not irrelevant.. you made the comparison of pot not causing anything but relaxation, whereas a cigarette has a higher rate of potential harm.. I never said the legality was a factor.. pot smoking obviously hinders motor skills whereas a cigarette would not

Jackie Malfoy
That is horrible.I hope that guy gets some help.There is no reason to kill that woman just because she did that to him.She should not had been with him in the first place through if she knew he was on drugs.
But still want ever they do to him is fine with me.JM

Afro Cheese
She was his mother jackie.. don't know if you knew that from your post.

PVS
who would blame an addiction for that woman's murder?
a rhetorical question of coarse.

people just want a simple answer to everything. 'it was addiction',
'he was powerfully addicted to marijuanna'. bullshit.

addiction has nothing to do with it.

this guy was a crazy piece of shit who used marijuanna to escape in some way. his mother inadvertaintly threw away the only thing that would have stopped him from doing that...but realistically someone so far gone could have and WOULD have done that regardless.

the very fact that marijuanna is even part of the case (beyond stating the circumstance of the murder) is ridiculous. it's an excuse, and nothing more. let the law play their games and blame a plant, but please don't buy the bullshit they're peddling.

that guy is scum. i am in no way psychic...but i would bet my ass that this guy was screwed up from day 1. for some reason, i am very doubtful he was just some normal kid until he smoked his first joint.

Afro Cheese
I agree completely. That incident was probably just the straw that broke the camels back..

barbarossa
Another problem with the addiction theory, Marijuana is not addictive.

PVS
well, its addictive to compulsive people. but not chemically.
its just a matter of habit, like nailbiting. some of us dont, some do, and some gnaw at their fingers till they bleed. pot only offers an escape, as many things do, many things which are universally acceptable and far more dangerous.

Ironman
i agree its hilarious killed her ova a lil weed that crap is so cheap its not as much as a life tho sad laughing out loud but its stilll funny

Alpha Centauri
"She wasnt beating him up.. she was sick and tired of him not listening, so drastic measures were obviously the only way left to express her frustration at that point"

Exactly, she chose to vent HER frustration by frustrating and severely angering an already unstable guy. Wise move?

"pot smoking obviously hinders motor skills whereas a cigarette would not"

You regain control of motor skills though. You don't regain lung health.

-AC

Imperial_Samura
Still, a terrible event, regardless. Its a sad state the world is in were this kind of thing happens.

BackFire
"You regain control of motor skills though. You don't regain lung health."

Yes you can. non-biased studies show that most people who smoke for less then 15 years can almost completely reverse the negative effects cigarettes do on the lungs if they stop smoking.

BlackC@t
Urgh...That just reminded me of when my Science teacher gave us a lecture about how bad smoking is.

He said "They don't give a damn about you or your health! but I do because I care about you!" sick

I'll tell ya' I had nightmares for weeks after that.

Just thinking about it gives me the shivers.

ragesRemorse
***** got what she deserved.

midnite127
^^^ That was wrong in so many ways...

SlipknoT
Thats the first thought that came to my mind.

BlackC@t
It was stupid of her to flush it down the toilet. I would have secretly called the police.

I'm glad he's going to jail though.

SlipknoT
Im not, he should just be fined, or get a warning.

Alpha Centauri
"Yes you can. non-biased studies show that most people who smoke for less then 15 years can almost completely reverse the negative effects cigarettes do on the lungs if they stop smoking."

That's if they stop smoking. I was talking about regular smokers of both weed and tobacco. You temporarily lose motor skills with one, you don't temporarily lose lung health with the other. If you continue, death is a very high possibility.

-AC

ragesRemorse
temporary, only is you smoke the one occasionally. Pot can kill your sensory skills. If you dont think you cant get lung cancer or hurt your lungs just as much by smoking pot than cig's your mistaken.

Afro Cheese
You don't hurt your lungs as much with pot because potheads don't smoke as excessively as cigarette smokers do. Some chain smokers smoke up 1 or 2 packs of cigarettes a day. You never hear of people smoking that much pot.

ragesRemorse
a single joint can be equivalent to five cigarettes. They both have severe consequences, one comes with time and the other comes nearly instantly.

BlackC@t
A warning!?

Honestly Slip, see a psychiatrist erm

SlipknoT
No

FeceMan
Death penalty. Dying by the electric chair is horrible, but he deserves it.

BackFire
Don't worry, he'll get what's coming to him. He'll get murdered in prison after a while, so it's all good.

BlackC@t
yes evil face

SlipknoT
He wont be murdered.

BackFire
Of course he will. Most people who go to jail for raping/murdering a woman get murdered/raped themselves in prison, because even crooks and other murderers have better morals then murdering and raping women. You think they'll look kindly of a man murdering his own mother over pot? He's goign to get a damn plunger stuffed up his ass until it busts through his mouth. Even murderers and rapists have respect for their mothers.

moviejunkie23
it depends on certain things how people will treat him in jail. If he is six feet five and has a good build and is a little scary looking and someones asks him what are you in here for and he looks at them dead in the eye and says "i killed my mutha" and then he smiles like he is the joker off batman i don't think people will mess with him too much. Fear and intimidation goes along way in jail. On the otherhand if he is short skinny and twitchy and acts nervous they will pick up on the scent and find out what he did and make enemies with him. I went to jail for awile and i can tell you if your scary and big people will more than not treat you with respect, and if you have friends in jail and a group people won't mess with you as much. It all depends on the guy himself wether people are gonna mess with him on the insideor not. I mean really if the guy is big and mean and insane and killed his mother are you going to go out of your way to step on his toes unless you sense some sort of weakness? people in jail are very simular to animals in the wild.

SlipknoT
Like MJ said, if the guy is big and strong no one's going to mess with him, and if they ask he dosent need to say he murdered his mom.

BackFire
1. Size won't make a difference, there will be people bigger and stronger then him. And there is always the shower, numerous people can gang up on him (which is likely what would happen, regaurdless of his size).

2. They'll find out what happened, rumors will spread and what not, prison gaurds will probably tell the "decent" prisoners what he's in for, in the end he'll get what he deserves, if not from the justice system then from the other criminals who have better morals then he does.

moviejunkie23
have you been to jail backfire???

SlipknoT
Yea, sounds like your speaking from experience

moviejunkie23
or maybe he just has a preconcieved notion of what jail is like

BackFire
Yes I have.

SlipknoT
WHat did you do? If you dont mind me asking?

BackFire
Well, remember that time I said that I framed a guy for murdering his grandma? Well, I was actually caught.

moviejunkie23
well then you know people in jail don't go on some holy crusade against people they see as "bad criminals". if it comes to there attention that someone is a child molester or something like that and the person is weak and has no friends the person now has a target on their back.

SlipknoT
huh I thought you were joking about that, that had to be a joke.

moviejunkie23
you killed some guys grandma???
did she forget to give you milk and cookies??

BackFire
It's very likely that a man who killed his mother won't make friends in prison, I also wouldn't be shocked if he is weak phyisically.

I still believe that he'll get ****ed up in prison pretty bad, which I think is swell.

Oh, and slipknot, I am joking. I've never been to prison.

moviejunkie23
well i think its possible either way back, i am not saying he won't not saying he will

SlipknoT
I kind of knew you were joking about killing a guys grandma, but I wasnt sure about you going to jail. I thought maybe you beat some guy up or robbed someone and you went to jail.

ragesRemorse
The poor man was just trying to cope with his loss, and in the heat of passion accidently slaughtered his mother. I think it's clearly a case of an eye for an eye, totally justifiable. I mean we as a country need to have some kind of morals, and if a man cant pop a few caps in his bi*tch mother for flushing his stash then i ask you, what is this country coming to?

SlipknoT
*sniffsniff* good words

The Tired Hiker
evil face That's me!

SlipknoT
How much weed was there?

BackFire
I love statements made soley for shock value and to be provocative.

ragesRemorse
i aim to please smile

perceptive people kick ass, but oblivious people kick even more ass. That is because the oblivious people never realize it is the perceptive people kicking there ass.

just thought a little random fifty cent philosophy could be squeezed in coming off of your statement BF. not shocking or provocative, but mind blowing...at least in some way.

PVS
backfire is correct.

in fact, most prisons separate rapists/pedophiles and other wackos from the general population, as the WILL be killed if they are put in with them.
and as far as a guy being untouchable because he's big and scarey...total bullshit. the bigger you are, the better the target you are. people make names for themselves in prison by beating the big guy. if you go to prison, you basically have 3 options: kick ass, or...well i dont want to get graphic...or you can do niether and the system will tear you to peaces.

realistically, the LITTLE crazy dude would have a much better chance of surviving, as inmates would be intimidated, and at the same time nobody would really get a name for themselves by taking him down.

SaTsuJiN
yes

Napalm
agreed

Devalion
Its a bit much!

Linkalicious
All that hassle over some Texas schwag-bag....tsk tsk.

If you're going to kill someone over pot it should atleast be from a good local.

I'd think an act this severe in nature meant that "stash" was quite a bit more than some personal smoke. Marijuana DOES NOT send you over the deep end like that.

This guy probably dealt the sh!t and when she trashed his whole stash it probably put him in a huge financial hole. That would be more reason to kill her than just destroying some personal quantity.

moviejunkie23
well i think we can all agree the story is really sick, enough to make ya want to puke

carnival_junkie
dude has some anger issues, eh?

Londonboy7
omg u are sick

i lovejake
id do the same u dont **** around with pot exspicially if its mine . who agrees?

i lovejake

i lovejake

mouth
that's so wrong..
i love my pot, everyone knows that by now.. but family comes before marijuana.. he obviously has some psychological problems
it's those kind of people who give potheads a bad name.. they suck

KittyFooFoo
All of you,
I had the extreme pleasure of knowing this woman, Gloria, and I am engaged to her older son. We miss her every single day. Words can not describe how horrible this tragedy has been. My fiance lost his mother and his brother that day. There is not a day that goes by that we don't think of her. We wanted to make her a grandmother so badly. My fiance and her were very close. For all those who speak negatively about her and the situation . . . If you knew this woman you'd eat your words.
She was truly a beautiful, wonderful, intelligent, caring mother. She was a mother till the very end. The best kind of mother, she loved her son regardless, no matter what he was. She was a very spiritual person very involved in her church and helped thousands in her community. She waited until her 2 sons were old enough to go back to school and try to further educate herself. A woman of 50, going to school. I had a tremendous amount of respect for her. She was modest however. She would have never believed all the attention she has gotten. A scholarship at South Texas College was set up in her name. She was a business retention and expansion specialist and created over 75,000 jobs in the Rio Grande Valley area. She had standing room only at her funeral and thousands of flowers. She was very loved and will be mourned by so many. Think of the 1 person in your life that you adore and think they have a heart of gold . . this is her.
You would have been honored to know her.
She loved that idiot despite him being such a loser. He was not 'mentally' disturbed or troubled. He was a stupid lazy moocher. He stole from anyone and everyone to get money. Yet, no one ever suspected he'd do something like this. He was quite, loved animals and cooking, despite the fact that he was a lazy druggie. He was never violent. She always held hope that he would be the boy she raised properly and that her little boy would come back to her. She did everything for him, he needed nothing. For those who laugh about this, God forbid this happens to someone you love. God forbid it happens to the only person in the world you adore. To those who just think it's hilarious, you wouldn't think this if it happened to you. Think before you write horrible things - her family has seen this. You horrible heartless fools. Those who justify her death - People like you are what makes this world a FKD up place sick twisted place. And People like her are the kind that make this life worth living and a reminder that some of mankind is still worth something - - - Missing her, MM

Linkalicious
Tell God and his forbidding that he can kiss my ass.

That lady got what she deserved for being stupid enough to think that throwing away someone's drugs would ever be the solution.

Drugs are addicting...you get in the way of a person who is addicted...and you'll be removed from the equation.

If she was truly a caring, loving, providing mother...then she would have got her son some help. She wouldn't have resorted to possibly the stupidest thing you could do to a drug addicted person by throwing away their addiction.

Why am I such a POS to feel this way?

I have a friend who started dealing drugs. He pushed a pretty moderate amount of weight each week, so at any given time he had a couple of pounds on him.

One day his dad found his stash, and his father threw away $10,000 worth of pot. That kid had absolutely no way to repay that debt to the person who he was selling pot for....the kid was murdered as a result.

I'm in favor of the dad telling the kid to stop...but throwing away the pot was not the right answer. And it has proven to be the incorrent solution in this instance as well...

PVS
here we go again with the addiction excuse

WindDancer
Even murdering crackheads get entitled to some crappy lawyer defense. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Linkalicious
I'm not saying he was right to kill her, but I am saying it was wrong to throw away the pot.

She doesn't have the power to stop his addiction....only he does..and he has to make that choice.

Magee
Can i just clear something up. You cannot get addicted to weed/hash. It has no addictive substances and it has been proven that its not even as deadly as tobacco. Although i suppose u could get a psychological addiction...

Sadako of Girth
I concurr with PVS.
Well since we aren't talking Heroin here, and the son who did the killing wasn't talking about bails of it here, and his life for all we know wasn't in the same danger. (Clearly so as he wasn't murdered).

Besides addiction to pot is no excuse for murder, especially your mother!
Don't get me wrong, I smoked Cannabis for 11 yrs, and believe me i'm
well aware of the upsides and downsides, and unfortunately psychosis CAN be a factor when you've been caining it too long of too much.. This seems pretty evident in this case..... But still, outwardly-thats no excuse for "The mother deserved it" tirades.

KittyFooFoo
YOU HAVE NO IDEA. Why is it that you think you have the right to ASSUME she didn't help her kid in every which way possible she could have. He went to rehab, she got him into church she did EVERYTHING possible that a mother could possibly do to help her son. EVERYTHING. Even protect him when others would tell her, "just call the cops on him".. she was a 'mother' till the end. I doubt YOU'RE a mother, or a parent, otherwise your ignorance would not show through like this. It was a freaking DIMEBAG of weed ok! She didn't ruin his financial situation by throwing it away. You fool. You people make me sick - really.
- MM

Napalm
She was trying to help her kid and look what that worthless piece of shit did to her

Linkalicious
Wrong, marijuana IS addictive.

I'm living proof. yes

KittyFooFoo
Thank you Napalm - There is NO JUSTIFICATION here.
What he did was wrong. He's in jail now and I hope he rots there. Or better yet, I hope he suffers everyday for what he has done. I hope someone gets a hold of him and shows him that it's NOT OK to kill your momma. - MM

shaber
I haven't read the thread but I'm sure it was disturbing.

Napalm
I hope he gets raped in prison

PVS
napalm, shouldnt you be posting fake pics right about now?

Alpha Centauri
Why not just hope he gets killed in return?

Why do you have to be a neanderthal and wish rape on someone?

-AC

shaber
prison is horrible

Napalm
Go walk into a furnace retard

PVS
its habit forming for more compulsive people,
like biting nails, or cracking knuckles.
its not chemically/physically addictive in the least.

PVS
you trying to reason with hitler jr.?

Linkalicious
You're right I have no idea...yes

Why do I think I have the right to assume something like that? because I actually do have the right to assume something like that.

Who are you to think that I don't have such rights? Last time I checked the government was the only person who was capable of taking my rights away from me. confused

Yah, I'm sure "she" got him into rehab...even though he's the only one who can submit himself. And what the hell is dragging him to church going to do? God doesn't save people from addictions....people save themselves from it.

Her biggest problem was that she protected him...she should have sent his ass off to jail. Rehab didn't work, Church didn't work...maybe some shock therapy would be good for him.

Yah, I doubt I'm a mother too....being male makes it difficult.

Right....a dime bag of weed. I'm starting to think this murder had absolutely nothing to do with marijuana and absolutely everything to do with her being an overbearing mother.

Sadako of Girth
On some level then, you must be content with your regular smoking..
The mind games we play with ourselves are the fundemental curse/best friend we can have when quitting the weed.
Sure, there ARE some side effects for a while when getting off it,
(Restlessness, short temper, loss of appetite weird dreams, hell, even sweats as your body flushes out the toxins and your biorhythms readjust, but you CAN do it....)
Anger at my dealer and (then once I realised who was ACTUALLY in control in my life) myself, got me through f**king me about all the time, making me wait days, pissing about with prices for shit gear etc...
And me, the relationships, the friends, the money, the jobs I'D wasted..
But that anger got me through. RIGHTLY AIMED anger IS more useful
than abject despair. But this guys anger was misdirected horrifically.

There is nothing wrong with enjoying being stoned Good AND bad sides of it if you want AS LONG AS YOU ARENT HURTING ANYBODY but this guy, clearly had submitted himself so far into the "I'm nothing without it and theres no way out for me" mindset that a real bonefide tragedy occurred.... A big part of this is that if he was THAT angry, then he could've been 2-3 weeks away from being in total control of his self-seen-self-perpetuated "weakness"..... But some people can't or won't see the wood for the trees or lack faith in themselves and then go with the easier option... Either to score more or snap in BLIND anger which this guy clearly did..... sad

PVS
...that and the fact that the kid is batshit.
it could have been anything that set him off, thats common sense.
could have been that she finished all the milk...or put one of those annoying puffy seat covers on the toilet...get it?

she was doing some overbearing mother thing which would warrant a "can you please cut it out mom?" from any normal human being...

...however she was dealing with a psycopath. what more is there to say?
there is no reason behind it, he's f**king crazy. had nothing to do with pot, but probably some chemical imbalance in his brain.

Napalm
Cool Happy Dance

Sadako of Girth
Which even weed can have and aggravating effect on....
At first while smoking, it can seem to help making a big ol' withdrawal from or seratonin/endorphine banks, but repayment HAS to come from somewhere unfortunately....

WindDancer
I'm posting this link to get a clear view on Marijuana addiction:

http://www.marijuanaaddiction.com/marijuana_addiction.html#long

PVS
thats obviously a bias site.
all the 'symptoms' are just signs of common stress,
yet they try to make it like it's a chemical addiction.
if you enjoy something regularly and its taken away, you get stressed out.

Sadako of Girth
Cheers Windancer.... This backs up a lot of what I experienced... Hence partially why I decided to get off the stuff... even though those were the "coming off it symptoms" for me....

It may be "hell", people for the first 2 weeks, but you CAN do it
if you really really are sick of it, and on the other side of that 2-week grey hell.... A life of colour, opportunity and freedom awaits....!!!!

Not to get preachey though... 'Cause as I say, as long as you ain't hurting anyone (Even yourself) its fine to lead you life as you wan't but just know that that grey cloud that gets you after a while is not inescapable....!!!

Peace...

WindDancer
Yup they could be bias. Look what they say here:

"Marijuana smoke contains some of the same ingredients in tobacco smoke that can cause emphysema and cancer. In addition, many marijuana users also smoke cigarettes; the combined effects of smoking these two substances creates an increased health risk."

Smoking cigarretes and Marijuana at the same time can't be good for your health.

Linkalicious
I smoke for two reasons.

Primarily because I enjoy it.

The other reason is because it's illegal.

If they legalized it...I probably wouldn't even smoke anymore. And quitting marijuana is pretty easy, I've gone weeks and months at a time without it, but I choose to continue using it. It doesn't hurt anyone other than myself, and I'm young enough where it won't cause serious health problems unless I continue to use it regularly for several more years.

PVS
ever see half baked?

(at NA meeting)

dave chapelle: "i am addicted to marijuanna."
addict1: "THIS IS BULLSHIT!!!"
addict2: "I USED TO FOR COCAINE!!! YOU EVER FOR MARIJUANNA!?!?!??

(censored for obvious reasons stick out tongue)

Linkalicious
Addict two was Danny Tanner from full house. Bob Sagget....

one of the funniest lines i've heard in a movie. laughing

PVS
yes, and smoking weed, cigarettes, and standing over a smoking grill at a barbeque would be even more dangerous. all having the same effect on your lungs to different degrees.

but with that aside...you can cook with pot...and it is just as, if not more potent.

Sadako of Girth
Can't understand reason number two myself....
Armed robbery and Child molesting are also illegal, but I bet you don't do those too...

Nothing wrong with number one though....!

And if you yourself can quit it at anytime, then you couldn't have been that serious with your earlier argument about the addictiveness then could you...?

If this personally for you is the case then great, more power to you...! smile

But I know I found it (Granted my habit was way excessive usage for a long time) real hard for a few weeks getting free of it...
Pschological or not.
And there are an AWFUL lot of people who remain (perhaps wrongly) convinced that they never get out of their habitual cage when they cained it too long...

The whole "Addictive personality" thing does not help in these instances.

Linkalicious
I smoke multiple times a day, every day since I've been 17....not counting the times I "quit."

And I like it because it's illegal....not immoral.

Armed Robbery and Child Molestation directly hurt other people.

Things like smoking pot, underage drinking, and speeding (individually of course) are all illegal, but morally there is nothing wrong with doing any of them.

Sadako of Girth
Fair point. Except if your speeding.
You could easily kill someone with that.

Linkalicious
Yah, that's true, but when I say speeding, I mean going faster than the speed limit. Like 80 mph in a 65 zone...basically the flow of traffic on a good day.

Not like 110 in a 45.

Julie
man has serious problems.....poor mother

KittyFooFoo
You sound like an incredibly ignorant immature little kid. I'm not even getting into how ignorant.

She was not an overbearing mother. She was nothing bad at all. You all would be lucky to have someone so incredibly wonderful and sweet in your life. Her smile, I can still see her smiling. She was always smiling. Always. He was lucky to have her. He destroyed so many people's lives. All because of WEED, yes, JUST WEED. Believe it or freaking not. Her life was taken because he was an idiot who though his stash was more important than the most wonderful person in the world to him. He will get what he deserves, oh yes. and EVERYONE who defends him or his actions will too get what they deserve.
Anyone who is a good parent will understand this situation. Link - if you ever become a father - God Forbid - you will maybe understand what it is to love your child and protect them, and pick them up when they fall, and despite the fact that they are a burden, you continue to be a parent and take care of them. All of you don't have the right to assume things about this situation. Yea yea, you have to right to think whatever you want, that's fine - but I know the facts - and you all do not. The fact is - - Everyone is concentrating on the wrong thing. Weed - Bah - the simple fact is, you desensitize the cold hard truth.
A beautiful wonderful mother died. She died because her loser son pitched a fit after she flushed his WEED down the toilet. She died because of this stupid drug. And it is not right. NOT RIGHT at all. No matter how you look at it. No matter how you might want to justify it. She died for something so stupid and senseless. And you all are trying to say it's ok because she was overbearing (no) she shouldn't have (if your kid did it, wouldn't you?) because you all didn't have the pleasure and honor of knowing her. You all would have done the exact same thing if your kid was doing it. And if you dare say, "No" you are dead wrong. Think about it people. Are you smoking the same stuff she died for? This whole world is going to hell in a handbasket if we continue to just ignore the cold hard truth. If we become so desensitized to everything. If we keep turning the other cheek and act like it's all cool, and whatever, and who gives a sh(t. Grow up people. Get your life in check because you never know who you're going to tick off for no freaking reason. Maybe the person you buy weed from, maybe they will just get ticked off that you didn't bring change with you. Or maybe the buddy you didn't share weed with. Or maybe you'll get so stoned you'll choke on your own vomit after eating all your munchies.
Instead of bashing this fkheads mother by saying all this horrible stuff. She didn't deserve this. No one does. She was a beautiful person and you all would have been so lucky to meet her. We all miss her very much, I hope none of you are struck by something this hideous. We can only look back and think of all of the incredible memories she gave us. She truly was a saint. *sigh*

Alpha Centauri
One question pops to mind:

Are you a relative of the woman?

"You sound like an incredibly ignorant immature little kid. I'm not even getting into how ignorant."

Clearly ignored the first half of the sentance.

-AC

Linkalicious
Originally posted by KittyFooFoo
You sound like an incredibly ignorant immature little kid. I'm not even getting into how ignorant.

She was not an overbearing mother. She was nothing bad at all. You all would be lucky to have someone so incredibly wonderful and sweet in your life. Her smile, I can still see her smiling. She was always smiling. Always. He was lucky to have her. He destroyed so many people's lives. All because of WEED, yes, JUST WEED. Believe it or freaking not. Her life was taken because he was an idiot who though his stash was more important than the most wonderful person in the world to him. He will get what he deserves, oh yes. and EVERYONE who defends him or his actions will too get what they deserve.
Anyone who is a good parent will understand this situation. Link - if you ever become a father - God Forbid - you will maybe understand what it is to love your child and protect them, and pick them up when they fall, and despite the fact that they are a burden, you continue to be a parent and take care of them. All of you don't have the right to assume things about this situation. Yea yea, you have to right to think whatever you want, that's fine - but I know the facts - and you all do not. The fact is - - Everyone is concentrating on the wrong thing. Weed - Bah - the simple fact is, you desensitize the cold hard truth.
A beautiful wonderful mother died. She died because her loser son pitched a fit after she flushed his WEED down the toilet. She died because of this stupid drug. And it is not right. NOT RIGHT at all. No matter how you look at it. No matter how you might want to justify it. She died for something so stupid and senseless. And you all are trying to say it's ok because she was overbearing (no) she shouldn't have (if your kid did it, wouldn't you?) because you all didn't have the pleasure and honor of knowing her. You all would have done the exact same thing if your kid was doing it. And if you dare say, "No" you are dead wrong. Think about it people. Are you smoking the same stuff she died for? This whole world is going to hell in a handbasket if we continue to just ignore the cold hard truth. If we become so desensitized to everything. If we keep turning the other cheek and act like it's all cool, and whatever, and who gives a sh(t. Grow up people. Get your life in check because you never know who you're going to tick off for no freaking reason. Maybe the person you buy weed from, maybe they will just get ticked off that you didn't bring change with you. Or maybe the buddy you didn't share weed with. Or maybe you'll get so stoned you'll choke on your own vomit after eating all your munchies.
Instead of bashing this fkheads mother by saying all this horrible stuff. She didn't deserve this. No one does. She was a beautiful person and you all would have been so lucky to meet her. We all miss her very much, I hope none of you are struck by something this hideous. We can only look back and think of all of the incredible memories she gave us. She truly was a saint. *sigh*

Seriously...are you going to just sit here and cram the same exact arguement you've put up 2x previous down our throats.

-Beautiful woman
-wonderful and sweet
-God Forbid roll eyes (sarcastic)

Good question.

All I'm doing is pissing you off because I find it much more fun and entertaining than joining your wailing and crying to a message board about a person that NO ONE knows. Who cares how kind hearted and sweet you think she is? Does it change anything at all? No.

If she was such a great mother...then why did her kid end up like this in the first place?

PVS
KittyFooFoo, you harbor much anger for a plant, and people who enjoy it.
that scumbag kid killed your friend, not a f**king plant.
now, you can go on barking up the wrong tree as it is your right to do,
but realise that by doing so you take the blame off of this murderer.

so you can:

-hate all people who smoke pot out of ignorace, assuming they are all ticking time bombs.

-hate the scum that took your friend away from everyone who cares about her.

the second deserves your hate, but if you would go with the first, and wish death on me because i like to get stoned every now and then, out of disgust for alcohol combined with a remaining want for recreation, then that doesnt make you a very good person either.

place blame where it belongs. dont let the loss of your friend turn you into a person with hateful thoughts for others who you dont know. its not right and will just turn you ugly, and i really dont think you want that.

remember, plenty MORE people haev been killed/beaten/threatened for interviening with an alcoholic. so does that make everyone who cracks open a beer deserving of horrible things?

KittyFooFoo
I'm not saying all Pot smokers are losers and are ticking time bombs. It just infuriates me beyond reason to see people bashing my fiance's mother. Not one of you people knew her. And I'm trying to tell you guys that she is not just another headline, she is not just another Thread, she was a real person, a good person that was killed by an idiot. Don't sit here and try to justify this and try to say she deserved it. Don't say that she wasn't a good mother because her son turned out bad. You all may/may not have kids someday. You all will know what it's like to raise your kid the best you can and for them to turn out to be something you don't like, but yet you love them anyway. Stop saying horrible things about her, you all didn't know her. I did, we did. Stop trying to even slightly make it like this was OK that this happened to her. It's infuriating that people in the world can be so cold and mean and horrible as Link - You have no heart. And I'm out. I will not try to defend her honor here anymore. It's pointless anyway. The indifference in here is noxious. Someday, you will remember what I have tried to say in here.

PVS
i guess leaving is the wise thing to do

what can i tell you...some people just talk any shit they please here,
and since it affects you on a very personal level, the healthy thing would be to stay away from this thread and not read it.

Linkalicious
wait....bashing your fiance's mother?

Does that mean you were engaged to the guy who killed his mother? or his brother?

PVS
she said she's engaged to her oldest son. i think its safe to assume its the guys brother

Linkalicious
interesting...

SlipknoT
and not true...

shaber
Nice signature linkalicious.

PVS
well, there is a chance it is true, so why not just back off.
you never know

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>