Hero of the Day

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Korri
This is where i post my Hero of the day and we all talk about the Hero of the day all day on that day.

Its actually really simple but knowing you lot somebody will end up ruining it *cough*sam*cough*

So anyway Todays Hero of the Day is...

Big John Bon raver

http://www.hot.ee/ledzep/liikmed/bonham1.gif

Arcane
this thread died before it began

PTim
Yeah Bonzo. I've been reading Stairway To Heaven (that Led biography by their tour manager) and he keeps saying that Bonzo was the coolest, most humorous member of the group and his ten-twenty minute drum solo's made the fans go ****ing ecstatic.

Such a legend ;_;

Clavis
w00t hes cool rock

Korri
Im learning some Led on drums right now.

I want to buy a double bass pedal just so i can play Good Times Bad Times smile

PTim
Can you play the Moby Dick solo... ?

wink

Syren
Fecking moron fu

Korri
not yet wink

Fearnix
he look's like Cat Stevens in that pic

http://www.musicroom.com/images/catalogue/fullsize/am91684.jpg

Korri
no he doensnt laughing out loud

sapphiregoddess
who is that guy!?

Fearnix
well i'm blind, so stick out tongue

Syren
YES, he does no expression

Fearnix
Are you Mocking me confused stick out tongue

Korri
i think so stick out tongue

Soth
no expression

*Danii*
Me too eek! Its so cool, the solos are way hard tho! I've basically been playin the Immigrant Song nonstop for a week!

Korri
heh nice..

*Danii*
its the only one i can play messed

Korri
you could easily play when the levee breaks.

Korri
Todays Hero is...

Big Bird!!

http://www.postdiluvian.org/~gilly/photos/big%20bird%20shirt.jpg

dark1365
Korri what have you been drinking?

Jackie Malfoy
That's a hard choice.I guess my hero of today is the computer!Because it stops me from going to math class.JM

*Danii*
I personally prefered Bert and Ernie and Elmo.

dark1365
Ooook...

*Danii*
Hey, Sesame Street taught me more than High School ever will stick out tongue

Jackie Malfoy
Me too!lol1

*Danii*
thumb up laughing out loud

Baylin
Dunno much about drums but Black Dog has one of the coolest ever guitar riffs! rock

Korri
moved on Bay! no

Baylin
sooo... In that casr my hero of the day Jimmy Page! rock

(serves me right for not reading the whole thread embarrasment )

Deathblow
I'm a model of good nature and you know it schmoll

My hero of the day is miss Free Dominguez, she can thief my kidneys anyday droolio

http://www.bluetintmagazine.com/protected/interviews/img/free1.jpg

Korri
no sam!! sad

Big Bird is the Hero of the Day mad

i knew you would mess it up cry

Take your snake and go elsewhere schmollsnake

Deathblow
Big Bird was the worst..weird puppet thing on Sesame Street, I refuse to recognise him as hero of the day ranting

Free stays, and so does the snake. What now biatch smokin'

Korri
Free shall be recognised after 12 tonight!! or a shall thieve your farking Kidney! mad

For now, we recognise Bigbird! fish

snake

vaya_the_elf
I thought big bird was cute.

Although he was not my favorite by far

eggmayo
You are absoultely correct. Black Dog is one of the ****ing coolest riffs ever, and Jimmy Page should be the hero of the day every day.

dark1365
Big Bird was just plain weird.

Baylin
yes rock

Korri
OK i did promise Sammy Snake snake and i dont like Breaking my promises smile

Todays Hero of the Day is Free Dominguez of the KindeyThieves

http://www.musikansich.de/ausgaben/0404/images/free.jpg

Deathblow
I want your babies Korricle droolio

Korri
i know you do happy and i want your snake tonight snake

Deathblow
Whatever you want I got it smokin'

Korri
shifty yeah baby you've got it.

a1hsauce
so whos todays hero

Korri

a1hsauce
who the hell is Free Dominguez of the KindeyThieves... and that chick is hot

Devalion
Exactly

amity75
Hero of the day - Arthur Miller. sad

Deathblow
That hot chick is Free Dominguez, the talented and oh so sexy lead vocalist of the two-piece industrial band, Kidneythieves.

It's sad so many people don't know her no

Korri
I know her pimp i think she has a sex voice..

Black Bullet and Mustard Seed are some sex songs.. droolio

shake it on down with me Sammy Happy Dancesnake

Korri
Todays Hero of the Day is...

Eric raver

http://www.bobgruen.com/files/ericclapton/C-42%20%20ERIC%20CLAPTON%20%20Whiteb.jpg

Baylin
My dad! eek!

(I wish... sad )

Korri
droolio

Silver Stardust
I looove Kidneythieves droolio and it IS a shame that so few people know who they are because they're awesome.

Korri
no expression *cough*

furryman
Happy Dance

a mere smiley is all you deserve happy and this statement and that smilie aswell

Korri
droolio ok

a1hsauce
go clapton

Korri
Cream droolio

eggmayo
whipped

dark1365
whipped cream is good.

Korri
are you stupid mad

a1hsauce
laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing rolling on floor laughing beer

Korri
i take that as yes droolio

Corran
Clapton is God/

Korri
ok Today Hero is...

Dave Mustaine? shock

http://www.megametal.8k.com/images/dave_james2.jpg

Corran
Mega wink

Korri
laughing out loud hahahahahahahaha of course i am kidding.. evil face

Todays Hero of The Day is Legoman on a digger!!

http://www.viavga.com/articleimages/de/legoman.jpg

more of a Hero than MustardFace... sick

eggmayo
who else would move those evil white lego blocks off the road?

Korri
Article By Jeroen Visser

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Playing with technology is still fun

-Jeroen Visser

The Lego song as an expression of engineering enjoyment

''The Lego song is a striking description of the theme 'pleasures of engineering','' explains discussion leader Botte Jellema, opening the symposium evening. The song's four line refrain does incorporate a core engineering feeling: ''You can build anything out of Lego: a boat, a plane and a train. A house with a real roof, yes, playing with Lego is fun!''

During the symposium 'Heroic Engineering', the central theme to emerge was the joy that the profession excites. Or more precisely: the enjoyment the profession should excite % not everyone in the room or on the panel was convinced that engineers experience professional fulfillment. The discussion revolved around the book, 'Existential Pleasures of Engineering', written by panelist, Sam Florman, in 1976!

The two students on the panel had read the book to prepare for the symposium. Eline van Maanen (a third-year industrial design engineering student) is astonished that after three years of studying she has had to discover from a book that it's fun to be an engineer % and to become one. Florman emphasizes that it's more likely that there's something wrong with the engineering course than with the profession itself. In the United States, this can be explained by the historical involvement the Army has with engineering.

''The first engineering education came into existence in an Army camp.'' Florman makes a comparison with a 'boot camp', where order and discipline are drilled into the 'raw recruits'.

Chaos

In the 1960s, the attitude and tone of engineering studies changed; but even today much can be improved by using experimental teaching methods and design education to make students more enthusiastic.

The other guest on the panel, John Ehrenfeld, also sees the current situation in a historical perspective. ''I studied chemistry at MIT, because ever since I was four I was possessed by the smell hanging in my father's brewery.''

Nowadays, the motives for studying technology are very different, and technology's role in society has changed. Technology, policy and management student, Roel van Raak, thinks that it's necessary to change the culture to give students more professional enjoyment. ''It%s really easy, especially for a student, to blame the system or professors. Maybe students also need to make a cultural switch.'' Florman thinks this will be difficult: a third of all students become engineers because of future career opportunities, a third out of a fascination for technology, and the rest for a mixture of the two.

Generally, it seems that the passion for technology at TU Delft is lukewarm at best; that is, until Professor Pieter Kruit rises amidst the assembled audience to put in a good word for his profession. ''Of course, times have changed and students no longerenroll because they disassembled their motorcycles when they were kids. But the enjoyment of the profession hasn't lessened because of that.'' For Kruit, the pleasure is mainly in the practical solution of problems. ''Joy is creating something with paper and pencil that doesn't exist yet.'' Society would collapse if technology weren't constantly improving. ''Society is striving for total chaos. We engineers are the only ones that prevent that.''

That statement neatly encapsulates the feelings expressed at the symposium: Technology is still great, because ''playing with Lego is fun!''

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.