What band do you secretly love but are too embarassed to tell anyone about?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

amity75
Mines is Dire Straits.

Furious Angel
mine's not even a bandembarrasment

snoop dogg droolio damn, he fooooine!!!

Morgoths_Wrath
Story of the Year

embarrasment

sk8stuff09
hmmm.....i dont know.

Broken_Johnson
*takes a deep breath* Sugarcult, their old stuff... wow that was hard to admit... embarrasment

brandino
songs by mad dog his songs are great for scifi its on a internet cartoon ill put up a link if you want to see it

SlipknoT
Jimmy eat World
Snoop Dogg
Dr. Dre
NWA
Ice Cube
embarrasment

charmedFairy
eek!jimmyeatworldlove

PTim
I'm not embarrassed but I love these bands:

Wheatus!
Lighthouse Family!

... and to above poster, Dire Straits are BRILLIANT.

Lady Ellie
I like Lostprophets. Not sure if that's something to be embarassed about. My sister totally hates them.

room #99
I like michael jackson if thats something to be embarassed of.

GABRIEL05
Incubus

Alice_In_Chains
^ Incubus r great!!

i like a song by Taking back sunday and a song (or 2) by My Chemical Romance...

IM SO ASHAMED!!!!!!

KMC
Dire Straits are class!! Just bought Alchemy on vinyl with my RnB loving friends and i'm proud of that.

Deathblow
House Of Pain.

DJ Lethal needs to get off Fred Durst's dick and get the House back together.

amity75
I also like John Denver.

Silver Stardust
...Michelle Branch...

embarrasment

GABRIEL05
I know Incubus r great!! but as a "jazz-elitist" I am, ya know...not supposed to listen to Incubus. Norah Jones too.

Red Superfly
Dire Straits & The Darkness

BlackC@t
The Brady Kids and S Club embarrasment

Alpha Centauri
If anyone ever calls you morbid or miserable again, shoot them.

S Club? Nobody can like them and claim morbidness.

-AC

Darth Revan
Jimmy Eat World, and... *deep breath* blink-182 embarrasment

BlackC@t
I wish I didn't like S Club! it's embarassing! sad

moviejunkie23
blink 182
cindy lauper
don henley
R Kelly
Eminem
Marylin Manson
Green Day (not that new crap)
Dwight Yokum
Duran Duran
the Cure

Those are a few I like most people dump on but i love their music anyway big grin

Alpha Centauri
"Jimmy Eat World, and... *deep breath* blink-182 "

Jimmy Eat World rule but....but BLINK?!

Just kidding, I don't like em but Travis is the one redeeming quality they have as a band IMO.

Green Day rule, American Idiot included. The Cure? Don't be embarassed to like The Cure.

-AC

tabby999
yeah i think people have started this whole "american idiot sucks" phase for no reason. so its on radio alot, big deal, i just dont listen to the radio if i dont want to hear the song a million times. and alpha said, theres nothing wrong with liking the cure, they're a good band!

moviejunkie23
yea most people trash on them for some reason (the cure) i think they are very relaxing i like them big grin

Silver Stardust
Jimmy Eat World's fecking awesome...and I've liked Blink for ever. Don't like them as much now, but I still like them.

Green Day kicks ass, plain and simple. As does the Cure.

(I can't believe that neither Nivek nor AC made a smartass comment on me liking Michelle Branch...I was really expecting one messed)

Sex_kitten
I like Warrant. *looks around*. And....Faster Pussycat.

SlipknoT
Why be embarrassed about the Cure, they are great

Sex_kitten
Yes, The Cure is one of my fav bands. And I'm always am proud of that!

Disinegration is the best album ever! (to quote SP)

ARC Trooper 117
ABBA...stick out tongue

moonwalker741
laughing

probably a few good charlotte songs...but only a few songs.....

Ronny
T.A.T.U

SlipknoT
laughing out loud That episode was great. I hate 311's cover of "Love Song" mad

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
My Chemical Romance....my brother makes fun of me all the time now cuz I've started liking them sad

narcil
a coupla pop songs by kelly clarkson (subg and smthg else)... and one song (toxic) by britney spears.

i don't know how it happened. *shame* aiya...they're ...kinda catchy. >.<

SlipknoT
And Im sure he makes fun of you about Simple Plan too?

Silver Stardust
Ahaha...I like that song myself...embarrasment it's actually because of this thing my friends and I did where we parodied it, everytime I hear that song now I think of our version and just start cracking up laughing

Alpha Centauri
What in the hell?

Some of the stuff you people like. Tsk tsk.

-AC

Korri
I like rock like Runrig droolio

AcrypT
Country music in general, it's not that I'm really embarassed about it but from what I see it's usually something that's concidered embarrasing to like. I don't LOVE country music but like it....
Got that off my soulders!

narcil
*Lol* almost the same scenario with me. 'cept that it reminds me of the first time i heard it... as this guy i know sang it. ^_^* (before he proceeded to explain how hot the video was. roll eyes (sarcastic) )

amity75
Oh God Korri Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amity75
I also love Crowded House.

Sickened.
TaTu...

I'm a Russian syth-pop whore.

Norma Jean
Coheed and Cambria embarrasment

bilb
OMG!! I thought my husband was the only one who liked Faster Pussycat!!! sick

The Cure will always be great!!!!

And Star,,,tsk tsk..... Michelle Branch & Britney Spears? I will never look at you the same again..... laughing

then again, i'm not much better (Roxette & The Human League....*hides head in shame*) embarrasment

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
not really..but he likes mainly hard core and indie..
"he doesn't really feel the need to make fun of other people's music tastes" he says

Silver Stardust
Shut up!! Michelle Branch is solely because of my little sister...and ONE Britney song, which the sole reason for liking it is because my friends and I parodied it! stick out tongue

bilb
Like I said, I'm not much better!

Korri
laughing out loud no its a joke dear, its part of a joke..

furryman
I like the video for Rock Your Bodydroolio

WhoKnows?
evanescence. im listening to them now.

amity75
I like Creed and if you tell anyone I'll have to killyou.

WhoKnows?
i also like, *gulp* avril...

buttcrack
ohh (deep breath) you are going to laugh... backstreet boys i am not really into them any more but yeh

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
well that was the first step admitting you had a probelm

ha! I'm totally kidding..well at least you had the guts to say it

StinkFist462
Taking Back Sunday

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
taking back sunday was on my list and you made fun of me...

StinkFist462
so ? you still have 4 bands that are pure shit

BoYs*BoYs*BoYs
i like all sorts of bands and im not embarrassed about liking any of them cuz i really dont give a sh*t wut people think about wut i like.

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
I agree..!!! smile

buttcrack
hey i moved up a level to simple plan

AcrypT
I'm not entierly sure why but I like POD, there are some other "embarasing" bands that I like but I'm not really embarrest about them so no need to write them here.

Deano
Originally posted by amity75
I also love Crowded House.

weather with you' is a good song

Imaginary
Umm, I like the first 10 seconds of You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison by My Chemical Romance. Other than that, I like Michelle Branch, and Miss Independent by Kelly Clarkson embarrasment

Ladyluck
Not a band but...

Christina Aguilera bag

Lord. Zidane
Well i dont love them....but i do really like...Tatu, its all lydia's fault she gave me a song of theirs and i love it lol

PINBALL
I dont listen to music I would be embaressed of...

Alpha Centauri
I don't particularly like her music at all but at least Christina Aguilera has ability to sing.

-AC

Darth Revan
Jimmy Eat World
Blink-182
I don't particularly like Kelly Clarkson's music, but she (and Christina Aguilera) does have a rather nice singing voice...

Alpha Centauri
Jimmy Eat World are nothing to be ashamed of.

I wouldn't say Blink are either. I just don't like them. Nothing to be ASHAMED of, per se.

-AC

Bierbommetje
I like some songs by Madonna, and some of Kylie's songs are okay imo.
And I like some of 50 cents "songs", and some of The Rasmus... embarrasment

Slay
LostProphets...this actually the first time i admitted that...

Bierbommetje
Also, the first album by A-Ha is actually quite good.

amity75
I like Girls Aloud. ninja

exanda kane
Lostprophets are actually great live (well they are my fav. band) but they really are...

And what can i say...recently me and my mates have gone through a fetish of Bon Jovi - Living On A Prayer (the chorus strictly).

papabeard
Blink 182

RedAlertv2
New Found Glory

fuct_up_kid
Good Charlotte
Avril Lavigne
Papa Roach
From First to Last
Fall Out Boy

I'm lame =/

Bierbommetje
Originally posted by fuct_up_kid
Papa Roach

That Getting Away with Murder song I quite like.

Alpha Centauri
Papa Roach ripped that song off another band, the structure and melody of it.

-AC

T.V.O.T.I.
Originally posted by amity75
Mines is Dire Straits.
when I find one i'll let you know.

Bierbommetje
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC

Yeah, I heard a lot of their songs are rip-offs.

MetallicaT
Fiona Apple....confused

shhh don't tell anyone

mmmmoley
cant get worse than mc fly + s club 7!! i cannot stand mcfly, and i find it very hard to admit that i like a couple of their songs!

Alpha Centauri
Then you can "stand them" can't you?

-AC

Ronny
ninja

everclear

Snoopbert
Mainstream media eek!

Silverstein
avril, she's hot = her music is hot(i despise all other mainstream)
thrice
hawthorne heights

Alpha Centauri
^^^You said System needed to be erased. How on Earth can you justify saying that after also saying you like Avril, Thrice and of all bands Hawthorne Heights?

-AC

Afro Cheese

-AC Are you talking about that Faith No More - Midlife Crisis?

Alpha Centauri
Yeah, that's how blatantly obvious it is.

Unless I've mentioned it before.

-AC

Afro Cheese
Nah I recognized it through GTA San Andreas.

Ken Kenobi
I like a couple, only a couple Fall Out Boy songs...I am ashamed of myself. sad

Barenaked Ladies
Crash Test Dummies
Lit
Papa Roach

Odie
Blank 182 3 doors down

Someone kill me.... sad

Alpha Centauri
Realistically if you are posting bands or artists here, then you're not too embarassed to tell.

-AC

Bierbommetje
Realistically if you are posting bands or artists here, then you're not too embarassed to tell.

-AC

Not too embarresed to tell a bunch of random people on a forum, no smile

But my friends better not find out...

ResubianNushi
I get bagged on alot for liking the Chemical Brothers.

DanieLs_4_Ever
Most of what everyone has posted I dont see any reason why you're embarrased about because they're all awesome.
I dont think im very embarrased by any of the things I listen to because I like them and I dont care if anyone else does, but I do like Boy George, George Michael, a lot of oldies, etc.

Alpha Centauri
All awesome? I suggest you browse previous pages.

-AC

Darth Jello
well, garbage doesn't match the same genre as my other musical tastes but i'm not embarrassed that i like them.

Silverstein
^^^You said System needed to be erased. How on Earth can you justify saying that after also saying you like Avril, Thrice and of all bands Hawthorne Heights?

-AC

hmm. well Avril is 10x better than system. Atleast she doesnt sound like she's chanting a middle eastern ritual when she's singing. Im actually not embarrassed about liking hawthorne, they are an amazing band. Hawthorne is really "emo" and have straight forward lyrics but atleast they dont go with the mainstream band trends...like always having a bald dude in the band, and their lyrics are not sh*tty and confusing. how is "lies from the tablecloth" political???

Solo
Jesus, System of a Down is bad, but not close to being as bad as Avril Lavigne.

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by Silverstein
hmm. well Avril is 10x better than system. Atleast she doesnt sound like she's chanting a middle eastern ritual when she's singing. Im actually not embarrassed about liking hawthorne, they are an amazing band. Hawthorne is really "emo" and have straight forward lyrics but atleast they dont go with the mainstream band trends...like always having a bald dude in the band, and their lyrics are not sh*tty and confusing. how is "lies from the tablecloth" political???

I think you are confused. SOAD is excellent. Avril and Hawthorne are trash.

exanda kane
I like Hawthorne, not Avril. I like SOAD, although they don't interest me anymore and I think they can be over the top. But live they are brilliant.

Bierbommetje

LMAO

Alpha Centauri

Poor, poor you. I guess System should play shit music and write simple lyrics so the dumb people like you can get them, right?

Never mind. That's why shit bands exist, so shit people can have music. Hawthorne Heights are just about the worst band for conforming to an image. They're one of the many poster children for the scene kid era.

-AC

Imperial_Samura
The Wiggles. Who knew there could be so much depth, and so much catchiness in such simple kids music (joking.... to a degree.)

My shame is relatively new, I think I usually have impeccable music tastes (got to agree, SOAD is much better then Avril, I mean, really people, how can they even be compared! Oh the humanity!), and well, I do some freelance reviewing for some uni music organisations, so I get free cds sometimes. Well, coming my way was the debut album by "The Veronicas." Not expecting much at all I discovered I was quite correct, they weren't awful, but not brilliant either - basically somewhat above average mainstream pop radio fodder. But by darn it seems they have grown on me, and I have no idea why. Maybe it's because the singers are cute twins. Or they come from Australia (so I'm supporting the local industry.) Shocking I know. I am so embarrassed.

Still it feels better to confess.

crazy_c
I don't secretly love anyone... I'm very open about my music taste, why should you be ashamed about the music you enjoy listening to? It's stupid.

Ken Kenobi
And to AC, why do you get your jollies by telling other people that their music tastes suck? Have you ever gotten it into your thick skull that *gasp* people have different tastes and don't all like what you like?

Sure, your music taste (IMO) is great, but other people who listen to music that you would say is terrible may think that your music taste is shit.

Different points of view my good friend, there is music for everyone.

To everybody else, don't listen to AC, listen to whatever you want to. If you like it, good on you. Don't be a sheep following the herd.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
And to AC, why do you get your jollies by telling other people that their music tastes suck? Have you ever gotten it into your thick skull that *gasp* people have different tastes and don't all like what you like?

First, pull the wedgie out of your ass.

Second, why no. I haven't got it into my skull that people have different tastes and like different music. Really?! Wow, learn a new thing every day.

Of course I have. If I were criticing based on the fact that people like different music to me, what you just said would be relevant. Seeing as this isn't why I'm saying it, it's not. If someone likes shit music and I critique that opinion (which is my right), then it's because it's shit music. Not because they like different music to me. That's strike one on the assumption scoreboard for you.

Sure, your music taste (IMO) is great, but other people who listen to music that you would say is terrible may think that your music taste is shit.

Oh, the old "everything's subjective" technique. Well yes, it is. I'll give you that. However, someone sitting there saying "Hey buddy, System of a Down, Tool, Radiohead and Rage are all shit." Whilst also speaking praise for Avril Lavigne being better and Hawthorne Heights being good, what is the more credible argument? Yes exactly.

Your self-righteous "Oh look at me, I think everyone's taste is equal! Aren't I fair?" opinion (which literally shows such a lack of courage in your convictions) aside, there is such a thing as people having shit taste. Claiming that Avril Lavigne is what that guy said she is, would be one such claim.

Note this:

"That's why shit bands exist, so shit people can have music."

I said this. Regardless of you not liking my wording, I said what you just said. There is music for everyone, this doesn't mean all music is good music does it? No. Done then.

To everybody else, don't listen to AC, listen to whatever you want to. If you like it, good on you. Don't be a sheep following the herd.

Yeah.

Also, remember when I said it's not ok to like anything you want? Remember when I said that? No? Me neither.

-AC

Bierbommetje

He's just expressing his opinion

Besides, people should care less if anyone finds their fave music to be shit. Just listen to what you like and never mind what people think.

Alpha Centauri
That plus the fact that I never stated anything close to "It's not ok to like whatever you want."

Not too sure from which glacier he carved that statue.

-AC

Ken Kenobi
First, pull the wedgie out of your ass.

Second, why no. I haven't got it into my skull that people have different tastes and like different music. Really?! Wow, learn a new thing every day.

Of course I have. If I were criticing based on the fact that people like different music to me, what you just said would be relevant. Seeing as this isn't why I'm saying it, it's not. If someone likes shit music and I critique that opinion (which is my right), then it's because it's shit music. Not because they like different music to me. That's strike one on the assumption scoreboard for you.

Oh, the old "everything's subjective" technique. Well yes, it is. I'll give you that. However, someone sitting there saying "Hey buddy, System of a Down, Tool, Radiohead and Rage are all shit." Whilst also speaking praise for Avril Lavigne being better and Hawthorne Heights being good, what is the more credible argument? Yes exactly.

Your self-righteous "Oh look at me, I think everyone's taste is equal! Aren't I fair?" opinion (which literally shows such a lack of courage in your convictions) aside, there is such a thing as people having shit taste. Claiming that Avril Lavigne is what that guy said she is, would be one such claim.

Note this:

I said this. Regardless of you not liking my wording, I said what you just said. There is music for everyone, this doesn't mean all music is good music does it? No. Done then.

Yeah.

Also, remember when I said it's not ok to like anything you want? Remember when I said that? No? Me neither.

-AC

My point is that you're saying that all other music is shit. To you it is, to them it's not. Do you understand?

Maybe my wording was wrong, who knows, who cares? The fact of the matter is that you're acting like a music elitist. There are no elitists when it comes to music because everyone has a different music style.

I'm just saying respect other people's choices of music. Don't lay claim that their music is shit and that the music you listen to is above all best. You don't like it when someone bashes on your music, and I'm sure they don't like it when you bash theirs.

Once again, I didn't mean it like that. But the way you are constantly telling people that their music choice is shit is kind of sad really. Instead of telling them that something they like is crappy, why not tell them to check out "this band" and "that band" and to try something new.

Alpha Centauri
My point is that you're saying that all other music is shit. To you it is, to them it's not. Do you understand?

Find me a quote where I said that all other music, excluding that which I like, is shit.

Go on. There are many bands I don't like, that I wouldn't call shit. Strike two on the assumption scoreboard. One more and you're out (HINT: Don't tell me what I'm doing if I'm not doing it).

Maybe my wording was wrong, who knows, who cares? The fact of the matter is that you're acting like a music elitist. There are no elitists when it comes to music because everyone has a different music style.

There are, in fact, musical elitists. I don't consider myself a musical "elitist", I just don't like or accept shit. So shoot me. I don't ask that all the bands in the world be like Tool. I like plenty of bands who are just alright to listen to. You obviously believe everyone is equal, which is just as bad as having no opinion.

Who cares? Me. When you're gonna attempt to storm in here in aid of someone, twirling keyboard around in the style of the Big Boss Man, you better do it 100% accurate or not do it at all.

I'm just saying respect other people's choices of music. Don't lay claim that their music is shit and that the music you listen to is above all best. You don't like it when someone bashes on your music, and I'm sure they don't like it when you bash theirs.

I'll claim whatever I want. That's my choice. I don't care when someone bashes on my music because I can defend it against absolutely anyone and be successful. Why? Because it's not shit music.

I'm not depriving someone of the right to like Avril. Do what you want. Claiming she's 100x better than System of a Down is something I have a problem with. Not because I like them, but because it's a stupid claim made by someone with absolutely horrid musical taste.

Once again, I didn't mean it like that. But the way you are constantly telling people that their music choice is shit is kind of sad really. Instead of telling them that something they like is crappy, why not tell them to check out "this band" and "that band" and to try something new.

If someone is strong enough to say "Avril is 100x better than System" then they better be strong enough to take every little piece of criticism they will deservedly get. Why are they allowed to say that, yet I'm not allowed to say more or less the opposite? I am, end of story.

The reason I don't say "Listen to this band!" is because I'm not here to cater for dullards. I'm not here to supply people who listen to whatever carbon copy band/pop fakers MTV throws out, with great bands.

Moreover, I can usually tell when someone isn't smart enough. If you're gonna say "How?" Here.

Silverstein: ""Hawthorne is really "emo" and have straight forward lyrics but atleast they dont go with the mainstream band trends...like always having a bald dude in the band, and their lyrics are not sh*tty and confusing. how is "lies from the tablecloth" political???"

System are already over his/her head. Explaining everything to them is both wrong and missing the point.

-AC

exanda kane
People should boycott AC. He's a marxist dickhead too much up his own arse to acknowledge that there are people out there with opinions differentiating from his own. Now watch and see the mocking reply this will recieve.

RedAlertv2

Hate to break it to you, but someone isnt shit just because they like bad music. Most people arent into music as much as you or me, still doesnt mean they are shit (the people, not the bands). It usually means they just havent bothered to expose themselves to better music. Of course, there are poeple who are seriously into music, yet still only listen to bad music, but its not as absolute as you try and make it seem

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by exanda kane
People should boycott AC. He's a marxist dickhead too much up his own arse to acknowledge that there are people out there with opinions differentiating from his own. Now watch and see the mocking reply this will recieve.

Quite sly. "If I say that he's gonna mock it, knowing that he will cos I'm mockable. It'll look like I'm predicting him. Haha, bulletproof."

If you know you write shit that anyone can mock, why try to predict the mocking as if it's shielding you? You're an idiot and the irony is that you are admittedly a racist calling me a marxist. Don't come into multiple threads, reply to me irrelevantly and then moan when I send you to the garden shed. Ok? Right.

Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Hate to break it to you, but someone isnt shit just because they like bad music. Most people arent into music as much as you or me, still doesnt mean they are shit (the people, not the bands). It usually means they just havent bothered to expose themselves to better music. Of course, there are poeple who are seriously into music, yet still only listen to bad music, but its not as absolute as you try and make it seem

Yes, I worded that wrong. They're not necessarily shit people, just with shit taste. Fair enough.

What do you mean it's not absolute? There is such a thing as shit taste. The funny thing is, people always pick me out for being passionately opposed to shit music to the point of telling people. What's worse is those like Ken who have no opinion on it and just sit on the fence without having the courage to jump down on either side.

Shit taste exists and if you are a possessor of it, don't openly say it with conviction and then whine when someone calls you out.

You have a right to like what you want and to openly say that, yes. Anyone does. People seem to be of the belief that they are somehow shielded from critique. This isn't the case. If you have shit taste and don't like being critiqued on it, either listen to better music or get off the forum. I'll have more respect for someone who stands and at least attempts to discuss rather than bailing out. EG: You with Avenged Sevenfold. I think they're shit and I think you like some shit bands. I've never personally ripped into you, personally attacked you or chastised you for it. We've discussed until we're both satisfied with what we've said and then left it. I know you don't give a shit what I think about you, and that's exactly the way it should be. This is a discussion board. Not a "Let's all fellate each other and try to pretend we have equal taste" board.

It's only people who can dish it but can't take it back who have a problem.

-AC

exanda kane
Oh yes sir I'm 'moaning' here as it is. No wonder no one comes into this forum (8)and the reason is you...(8)...

...yes i do feel ashamed for singing Hoobastank....

Lana
Exanda, you really need to cut out the hostility, I've told you that before in my forum.

exanda kane
Lana, no offence, but as its your a Mod. you should check out some of A.C's posts. He really is an idiot.

But O! Of course, you are most probably on good terms on him, which would be biased I must say, but he really has nothing to say, less so than me. All he does is shoot everybody elses opinions down without reason.

Lana
You are the one who has been dragging threads off-topic with open hostility. Please stop.

Alpha Centauri
How can it be all me if you've been warned for this in other forums?

Yes, didn't think that through did you?

-AC

exanda kane
I have no idea what lana is talking about and I'll need proof before i can make up an apt excuse big grin ...

But honeslty lana, you should read other threads were A.C has been arrogant, foolish and downright provocative.

Alpha Centauri
Arrogance isn't a bannable offense, nor am I foolish. As for provocative, you've been warned by Lana in other forums. So as I said, there goes your excuse that it's me.

-AC

exanda kane
I am quite aware that arrogance isnt an offense, and I actually take back that foolish remark. You spend too much times on these forums, taking everybodys words literally, not allowing any imagination nor reasonable debate whatsoever. And as yet, the only time I remember Lana warning me (although i think that meant you aswell) was in one of the threads where I genuinely spoke my mind about SOAD. thats it.

Btw I wont reply to any of your pointless posts (excluding mine) because I'm going outside. A place you havn't gone for a long long time. In other words a club.

Lana
Actually, I had to close a thread in the VG forum because of you dragging it off-topic and fighting with someone.

Now, please quit the damn bickering and ruining another thread.

Alpha Centauri
It's not that I don't allow reasonable debate, it's just that not many people (including you) can give it to me.

Hence this multiple-thread temper tantrum you've been having for the past few days.

Get over it and move on.

-AC

exanda kane
AC -> No, yours was directed over me because you didnt comprehend anyone actually liking Fightstar, hence you started taking all my posts in completely different threads as a chance to flame me.

And Lana, I concluded that thread and, I'm sorry, but if you had read the whole posts you would see that the other guy was ranting on about something that i wasnt hence SWG thread turned into whats makes a better game - and we argued over an awkward fundamental aspect and he didnt read my posts correctly.

Alpha Centauri
No, I said I think they're shit. Which they are. You like them, you're obviously brave/stupid enough to openly admit it.

If you had accepted that by doing so you're going to get criticised, we wouldn't have this problem.

You keep replying to my posts and you're still not any closer to being right. You don't like my posts or me, right? Put me on ignore then.

-AC

Ken Kenobi
What's worse is those like Ken who have no opinion on it and just sit on the fence without having the courage to jump down on either side.

-AC

The thing is, I do agree with all of your points, and I like most of the same music as you do. Those are my opinions, and I know that you have a right to criticize people's music tastes but saying that their tastes are shit because you personally don't like the music is wrong. Apparently there are a lot of people who like the same music as them and they probably think your music tastes are shit too. It all comes down to personal choice.

Alpha Centauri
The thing is, I do agree with all of your points, and I like most of the same music as you do. Those are my opinions, and I know that you have a right to criticize people's music tastes but saying that their tastes are shit because you personally don't like the music is wrong. Apparently there are a lot of people who like the same music as them and they probably think your music tastes are shit too. It all comes down to personal choice.

A) You don't like most of the same music as me. You like a few of the same bands. That'll be strike 3 on the assumption scoreboard. You're out.

B) I don't say people's taste is shit purely because they aren't bands I like. What will it take to get that into your...what was it you said? Thick skull? If I think they make shit music, that's why I say it. I know plenty of people who love bands like Blink 182 etc. Bands I think are shit, but I don't call their taste shit. Darth Revan likes Blink 182 and I believe, Lostprophets. I think both of those are really shit bands. The latter more so, but I don't think he has shit taste. Nor have I ever said such, nor would he probably care. Stop making assumptions, it's really getting you absolutely nowhere. That's strike 4.

C) I quite clearly acknowledge the fact that no band or artist can be scientifically proven to be better than another in terms of musical quality (talent is not subjective, music itself is). However, there ARE opinions that are more credible than others.

Someone who likes System of a Down, Weezer, Tool, Rage, Radiohead, Led Zeppelin etc quite clearly has a better perception of what constitutes quality than someone who likes Avril, Hawthorne Heights, My Chemical Romance and shit like that. They're not WRONG for liking them, nor did I ever state they were.

People can come to me and try critiquing my taste. Go for it. See if I actually give any kind of shit. I practice what I preach. I have enough confidence in my music taste to laugh off anyone who calls it shit, because it's not. If you're so insecure in your music taste then quite simply don't go shouting it out in a music forum. I've said it before, I'll say it again:

The only people who have a problem with what I say are those who care what I say. If you care about what some guy on the net says about your taste, then you have bigger problems than my demeanour.

What you're saying doesn't hold water.

-AC

Ken Kenobi
A) You don't like most of the same music as me. You like a few of the same bands. That'll be strike 3 on the assumption scoreboard. You're out.

B) I don't say people's taste is shit purely because they aren't bands I like. What will it take to get that into your...what was it you said? Thick skull? If I think they make shit music, that's why I say it. I know plenty of people who love bands like Blink 182 etc. Bands I think are shit, but I don't call their taste shit. Darth Revan likes Blink 182 and I believe, Lostprophets. I think both of those are really shit bands. The latter more so, but I don't think he has shit taste. Nor have I ever said such, nor would he probably care. Stop making assumptions, it's really getting you absolutely nowhere. That's strike 4.

C) I quite clearly acknowledge the fact that no band or artist can be scientifically proven to be better than another in terms of musical quality (talent is not subjective, music itself is). However, there ARE opinions that are more credible than others.

Someone who likes System of a Down, Weezer, Tool, Rage, Radiohead, Led Zeppelin etc quite clearly has a better perception of what constitutes quality than someone who likes Avril, Hawthorne Heights, My Chemical Romance and shit like that. They're not WRONG for liking them, nor did I ever state they were.

People can come to me and try critiquing my taste. Go for it. See if I actually give any kind of shit. I practice what I preach. I have enough confidence in my music taste to laugh off anyone who calls it shit, because it's not. If you're so insecure in your music taste then quite simply don't go shouting it out in a music forum. I've said it before, I'll say it again:

The only people who have a problem with what I say are those who care what I say. If you care about what some guy on the net says about your taste, then you have bigger problems than my demeanour.

What you're saying doesn't hold water.

-AC

Looks like I pushed a button. roll eyes (sarcastic) Didn't you see that I agree with your points? You can stop trying to verbally "pwn" me because it's getting you nowhere as well, I'm just stating different points of view as to how your comments come out as if you think music other than your taste is shit. That is how your posts look(ed) to me.

Also you don't know all of the music I listen to, but you post in the music dicussion forum enough that I have a good idea of what bands you like. So...wow...there's an assumption by you.

Alpha Centauri
Looks like I pushed a button. roll eyes (sarcastic) Didn't you see that I agree with your points? You can stop trying to verbally "pwn" me because it's getting you nowhere as well, I'm just stating different points of view as to how your comments come out as if you think music other than your taste is shit. That is how your posts look(ed) to me.

You pushed no button and I'm not "trying" to "pwn" anyone. It just tends to happen with me (that's not meant totally seriously before you swallow a literal pill).

Well you're quite obviously wrong in what you've said regarding me, aren't you? As I've proven. Don't dive in next time. If you're not sure from where I'm coming, ask. Don't assume. An honourable person would apologise for diving in, though I suspect you won't. Let this be a lesson. Don't come storming in here like Andre the Giant, using phrases like "thick skull" on me. It won't work. I'm not one of the idiots you're used to "schooling" in the OTF.

Also you don't know all of the music I listen to, but you post in the music dicussion forum enough that I have a good idea of what bands you like. So...wow...there's an assumption by you.

Two assumptions in one, you're out-doing yourself.

1) I never said I knew most of the music you like, I'm saying you don't like most of what I do. There's a difference.

2) I hardly ever post about most of the bands I like. Just a few. It's not an assumption, it's a fact. I don't like plastering the bands I listen to all over this forum, so it's impossible for you to have grasped "most" of what I like because "most" of what I like isn't even mentioned on these boards.

Please stop all this. It's not helping you.

-AC

Ken Kenobi
You pushed no button and I'm not "trying" to "pwn" anyone. It just tends to happen with me (that's not meant totally seriously before you swallow a literal pill).

Well you're quite obviously wrong in what you've said regarding me, aren't you? As I've proven. Don't dive in next time. If you're not sure from where I'm coming, ask. Don't assume. An honourable person would apologise for diving in, though I suspect you won't. Let this be a lesson. Don't come storming in here like Andre the Giant, using phrases like "thick skull" on me. It won't work. I'm not one of the idiots you're used to "schooling" in the OTF.

Two assumptions in one, you're out-doing yourself.

1) I never said I knew most of the music you like, I'm saying you don't like most of what I do. There's a difference.

2) I hardly ever post about most of the bands I like. Just a few. It's not an assumption, it's a fact. I don't like plastering the bands I listen to all over this forum, so it's impossible for you to have grasped "most" of what I like because "most" of what I like isn't even mentioned on these boards.

Please stop all this. It's not helping you.

-AC

And why, daresay, would you think I'm not a big enough man to apologize? I can and will, not because you called me out on it either. So, I'm sorry for assuming that you think music other than what you like is shit. But I'm not sorry for calling you out on it, without doing so I'd still think otherwise.

Now lets get back to the discussion of the thread...

Alpha Centauri
Well calling me out on it didn't do me any discredit, you're the one apologising.

Apology accepted anyway.

-AC

amity75
I like Michael Jackson though I certainly wouldn't say that too loudly in the pub.

Alpha Centauri
I would, f*ck that shit.

Michael Jackson is the man. To deny his music because of his personal life (which is nobody's business anyway) is just dumb.

That really makes me laugh. "I don't like Michael Jackson cos he did this, this and this." But then they like bands who do all kinds of other shit. It's really hypocritical. He represented a time when pop music meant something and wasn't just a medium for peddling tat to the naive.

-AC

Df02
I would, f*ck that shit.

Michael Jackson is the man. To deny his music because of his personal life (which is nobody's business anyway) is just dumb.

That really makes me laugh. "I don't like Michael Jackson cos he did this, this and this." But then they like bands who do all kinds of other shit. It's really hypocritical. He represented a time when pop music meant something and wasn't just a medium for peddling tat to the naive.

-AC

i didn't notice the comma for a second there in the opening line, and it vexed me deeply

Ken Kenobi
I like the older Michael Jackson songs. His newer stuff just doesn't do it for me.

Lana
Personally I don't like Michael Jackson's music (just not my thing), but I respect what he has done for music.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Df02
i didn't notice the comma for a second there in the opening line, and it vexed me deeply

Hahaha, yes. Please note the comma.

To clarify, I wasn't saying everyone should like his music. I was saying that liking it is nothing to be ashamed of.

-AC

exanda kane
I like the older Michael Jackson songs. His newer stuff just doesn't do it for me.

True. By the time of Earth Song I was glad Jarvis Cocker was acting like a buffoon on his set. I apoligise to anyone who likes the Earth Song.

Alpha Centauri
It's a better song than most mainstream artists are capable of putting out.

-AC

ves
I like Dogstar (if u heard abou' them) I'm not embarrassed but nobody actually knows them

Alpha Centauri
Keanu Reeves' band. In which he plays bass.

-AC

TigerEyes
My guilty pleasure....
probably Aqua...lol
yah i'm pretty sad but i love their songs...cuz they're just SO pop and high voiced adn funny!

exanda kane
Keanu Reeves' band. In which he plays bass.

-AC

Any good?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>