What if Anakin's father was a rapist?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkYoda
Okay. The title to this post says it all. I don't think I have ever seen this posted anywhere before, and while I doubt it is the truth, it is a thought that occurred to me. What if Shmi was in denial when she said that there was no father and lied to Anakin all those years. I mean she used to be a slave so anything could have happened.

Imagine if Anakin found this out in Episode III. What kind of an influence do you think it would have on his turning towards the darkside? I mean, imagine if you found out you were the result of a rape?

Again, I don't really feel that this is the case (a little too dark for Lucas), but it is a possibility to consider...

crazy

PVS
ffs messed

GCG
you mean you think that as Padme will be preggers, anakin will question who his father was cause since he nevr had one, he dousnt know how to father kids , right ?

LandoSpeeder2
laughing laughing out loud lol1laughing

Ben-Kenobi
Darkyoda, you need to smack wit hthe hilt of a lightsaber a couple hundred times.

bofa dez
this has to the most absurd thing that i have ever heard, did you eat to many paint chips growing up? someone close this dumb ass thread please.

theshakl
could be possible.... but this will never be explained in movies nor books...

also it could be that she was drunk one day and her and a guy...got kinda drunk and u know... therefore.... she doesn't wanna tell Qui Gon..can u imagine the embarrasment

DarkYoda
Notice I said, I did not believe it myself. It was just a passing thought that I thought was kind of disturbing...so I posted it. laughing out loud

In all seriousness it would be really stupid to end the saga on a note like that. Especially making the one person all 6 movies are about be the product of a rape.

The real point I am trying to make is that by Lucas not really explaining this satisfactorily a person could draw any conclusion on the matter.

One could just as easily ask, "Was Anakin's mother a whore?"

It is so extremely easy to come up with topics that cause controversy!

laughing

In fact I'll probably come up with a few other topics that make people want to smack me with lightsaber hilts as Ben-Kenobi so eloquently put it. big grin

Red Superfly
She could have adopted him for all we know.

I'll stick to my Watto theory thankyou. I mean, Jabba The Hutt had his sex slaves right? What if Watto wanted in on some of the.......no, wait, yep I'm gonna be sick...............

sick

DarkYoda
Red Superfly...

That's hilarious... Watto. laughing

Your sig is awesome by the way.

Brilliant!!

DarkYoda
And I had another thought on this...

Bear with me as I know it is pretty ludicrous and based on a lot of what-if situations.

But take note also that a virgin birth is just as ludicrous.

If Anakin was fathered by a rapist, and he discovered this truth, think about what it would mean to the story. Especially imagine if the rapist was a Jedi.

1) Anakin would realize that he was not a child of the force and his dilusions of being a chosen one would die suddenly and violently.

2) Anakin would hate the Jedi even more. Especially if they started treating him with more contempt...since he was no longer the "chosen one."

3) He would feel betrayed by his mother for not telling him the truth and letting him believe the lie all those years. At the same time he would feel sad for her and even more angry that she died.

4) He would feel worthless, unwanted, and ashamed, even though it was not his fault.

5) He would hate his father. Nice contrast to Luke who never gives up on his.

6) It would sure explain where Anakin got his dark side from.

7) He might tell Padme...who might not react in a way that calms him.

8) Having lost so much from the revelation, he turns to the Sith for answers. Palpatine plays upon this making himself out to be the "good" father.

9) It would add a whole new dimension to Anakin being the father of Luke and Leia.

10) Especially, when you consider that he turns right around and becomes the bad father to both of them.

11) Luke flips out when Vader tells him he is his father in ESB. Imagine how that would make Vader feel...that he turned right around and became a terrible father to his own children.

12) Ultimately when he turns back to the good side he does so out of love for his son.

13) It really makes the story that much more tragic.

But it will never happen, thankfully. laughing

Unless it is one of the many lies Palpatine feeds him? Hmmm.
shifty

laughing

Some of you probably want to do this to me now...fish

Let the flaming begin!!!

Jedi-Knight 8k2
no What a scary thought

GreedoinaSpeedo
I don't think this idea is anymore ridiculous than Anakin being a child of the force. I mean if his father were a rapist he must have been a very powerful force user, maybe a Jedi, but more likely a Dark Jedi or a Sith, Not necessarily Sidious. Maybe it was Plagueis the Wise or whatever. You are talking about a Galaxy that has people that create weapons that destroy entire planets. I sure there are people evil enough to be rapists, but afterall Lucas wants Star Wars to be somewhat kid friendly right? I doubt he would ever ok this plot. It would put an interesting twist on things. who knows, maybe Shmi was fooled by a jedi mind trick.

DarkYoda
I will say this for sure though...we had better learn something more about Anakin's origins in Episode III. Something about the current explanation just seems off to me.

I think it has been confirmed that we will learn more about the prophecy of the chosen one though.

Darth_Duffy
is this what we have to look forward to between now and the films release?

shockimebones
Yeh, there could be a FLASHBACK and we cee teh rape scene lik in iReversible! eek!

Jackie Malfoy
Ankin's mom aready said there was no dad in the picture.So why would you think he was a rapist?JM

Sith Master X
I think he was kidding.

DarkYoda
Some of these Star Wars fans have absolutely no sense of humor. Everything is so serious...how dare one make fun of these sacred movies. They are the same ones who demand that threads be closed...that feel compelled to post a response that is negative when no one made them read the post to begin with. They basically want people to shut up and only talk about what they think is prudent.

Poor poor saps. laughing

Ben-Kenobi
I thought it was funny and stupid at the same time which it was.

emerald chiro
This is only humorous speculation and I don't really believe it...I hope that wards off any bashing.

It is said that this is the highest concentration of midiclorian (may not have spelled it right) ever found. This could mean a couple of different things:
1. the force was used to block out Shmi's memory or make her unconscious. This way she may not think she did have sex and lead to the virgin birth idea.
2. It was a very powerful Jedi that nocked her up. Who is the most powerful Jedi that we know....YODA. Think it was someone else did you mmmm.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.