The next wave of Neo-McCarthyism

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Reckoning
Now other dissidents should take note that they are being targeted. Ward Churchhill, a tenured prof at the University of Colorado, who wrote an essay about 9/11, is now being defamed by those right-wing extremists and those who just plain dislike of mere opinionated truth of something contradictory of the Fox News medium. Leading the outburts on Churchhill is Bill O'Reilly, calling for the University to terminate his position.

In a nationstate of Ann Coulter's, Fox News, and right wing oppressors able to delegate and publically air their points of view, it seems freedom is speech is only limited when it comes to disagreeing with the status quo. The right gets the freedom to license what they want, while the opposition faces the haunted images of McCarthyism.

Tptmanno1
Uhh is there a point to this, a topic to be discussed or what?

Reckoning
The issue is plain and clear. You can discuss or not. Your choice.

Tptmanno1
OK I agree with it, its just that there should just be something more to talk about....

Tex
I truly believe that many Christians believe 9/11 was punishment from god.

That it was a warning to get America back to "traditional family values". Hence the attack on homosexuals, "indecent entertainment", abortion, the teaching of evolution and attacking anything that does not agree with the Christian bible.

Fox News is an extremely biased pro-Bush propaganda machine. But its important to remember that it is only a cable news network that at maximum reaches 2 million viewers a day.

The US' Evangelical Christan preachers can and do reach far more. They encourage their congregation to vote Bush and push Republican values.

America is very quickly turning into Jesusland.

Ushgarak
(shrugs)

It'll pass. It was worse than this in Reagan's day. I think there is a tendency for hysteria of worry about this subject.

bilb
Ummmmmmmmmm, NO NO NO NO NO!!!!

I am a christian and in no way shape or form do I nor anyone I know think anything like this. 9/11 was sheer terrorism, humanity at its worst, nothing more. And at NO time during this past election did my church urge our congregattion to support EITHER candidate.

I am not saying thta these things dont happen, I'm not that naive. Just please do not generalize in such a harsh way. This is the stuff that starts wars. Thats not meant in any mean spirited way, its just that until tolerance becomes teh prevailing attitude of society things will never change, they will only get worse. And that is definitely NOT the legacy I want handed to my children.....

Tex
Crazy fanatical born-again Evangelical Christians such as George W. Bush start wars.

Christianity and tolerance are antonyms that should never be used in the same sentence. As long as Christianity continues to have a major impact on American culture and policy America as a country will only continue to decline in social acceptance, understanding and tolerance.

Christianity is a vile religion that preaches hate, homophobia, sexism and ignorance.

manny321
that quite a thing too say. NO religion ion its original form promotes such things. People shape them over time!!! Religion is not the same anymore. It getting hijacked not by terrorist but by paranoid Midwestern Americans.

JohnConstantine
although i believe u 100%, i hav some friends that hav told me they believe that 9/11 and the tsunamis were punishment from god. I cant believe Christiananity has gone this long without someone stepping up and saying there are to many wrong doings in it's teachings. sure, nothing is perfect and it states that many times in the bible, but in my opinion, if i was a supreme being teacher and God was one of my students, he'd prolly have F in my class. Common now, God lets torcher and death and destruction occurr when it is said in the bible to hurt anyone love Jesus. wut if there was an occurrance where an evangelical christian's entire family was wiped out by a virus and he/she was still alive. Hmm, i wonder if she would say "well, its god's plan, i guess its ok"

manny321
well with such idiotic people these days, even god can't helped them. Those people should drown thier faces in a bowl of water.

JohnConstantine
uh, sorry im not to smart. are u talking about people like me or evangelical christians? sorry, didnt pick up on wut u said

FeceMan
To the OP:

You lost all credibility right about...oh, say here--

And so did you, Tex.

Those are what an informed individual describes as "n00b arguments".

Uh-huh... I've been over this before. Many, many times. Stop calling us that.

Reply: Well, then stop being that way!

RE: Reply: I'm not.

RE: RE: Reply: Yes, you are!

Etc.

Tex
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. wacko

KharmaDog

Reckoning
I fail to see an error on the statement you highlighted. I see you had a quote after that, which was not my post. I expect for you to clarify.

cornponious
Ann Coulter IS a loon. I really wish she had been hit with that cream pie.

jvrobins
I find it disturbing how quick people are to call Bush a "Crazy fanatical born-again Evangelical Christian."

Have you seen and heard this hippie burnout Ward Churchill speak? He is a bit of a fanatic too. More importantly, he is an intellectual light weight. He doesn't have a PhD and the pulications listed at his UC web page are NOT peer reviewed or published by academic presses. In short, by any normal academic standard, he should NOT be a tenured professor anywhere above the community college level. And is in no way qualified to be the chairman of any department at a respectable university.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.