Movie-DVD problems

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ones
i have recently downloaded a movie and i want to write it to DVD. i can write it but i cant get it to play on dvd players or the computer for that matter. here is a list of stuff which may help you out...

i have 512 MB RAM

When i use pinnacle studio 8.8 to write it restarts my pc

the way im writing it it sending it to E drive

The movie is running on windows media player format (wmv) so it could be i need a new extension

thanks in advance

yerssot
if you write it in that pinnacle studio and it restarts your pc, you're sure you actually wrote already on the dvd or not?

The Ones
no when i try to MAKE DISC, it restarts without doing anything. when i right click the film, and say send to E drive, it does it but it downt play back. please help me

Kael
Why dont you use TMPGEnc to convert the film, then IfoEdit to author the dvd, and simply then drag the files that IfoEdit made to nero.

yerssot
then it can be the program that's not working of course

The Ones
im having trouble understanding that properly. TMPGEnc or what ever. you say its to convert the film. what does it convert it into (dvd playable?) and about ifoEdit, why do i need to author the dvd?

Kael
Ok...
Yes you need to convert the film into the approaite format, so that you can put the movie on the DVD disc and watch it. However you need to author the files created by TMPGEnc an .m2v and a .mp2, so that Nero can read the files, and then burn them to a disc. Authoring the files will create .VOB's , .BUP's, and .IFO files. Then you put these into Nero.

Note: If you use TMPGEnc make sure you output video and audio as indivdual elementary streams.

dragonpisces272
after burning, have you tried playing it on your computer? because sometimes, it works on the the dvd player, yet on some others it doesn't.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.