green day \m/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

\m/ rock huni
Green Day Rock rock
there best song i think its American idiot its way good yes what do u think on green day ??? thumb up i give it top banana Happy Dance laughing

Norma Jean
Shut up.

eggmayo
Well said.

khalla
wow i'm just speechless...

moonwalker741
i agree...

Furious Angel
you guys should shut up...that's really mean of yousad

i like green daybig grin

SlipknoT
American Idiot is a terrible song. Use the ****ing search button.

moonwalker741
i like green day too...and i dont think its mean...
its very obvious that she dosent know shit about green day...

like omg, american idiot is like the best song ever, its like super cool! okay!

no expression
and also...we have a green day thread....
and its not like you have to search for it, its only a couple of threads down....

talk about your poseur comments there...

tabby999
probably not being a poseur, more likely to need some education about Greenday and their music

DEFCON One
I think Green Day is awesome!

Elanor
hmmm....what if is her fav song is AI? smile

listen...ive known GD for a while but i heard about them first time not a long time ago. the first song that i heard was AI and i kinda liked it then i looked for information about them, i got 6 of their albums, i learnt a lot of things about them and now i think i know their music and their "history" kinda well and all but for a couple of months ago i was like her...and if she doesnt know a lot about them? then recommend her songs, albums, websites where she can find information and so on but why you should say "shut up" immediately?

okay its true there is a thread about GD....she should have found it...and her style is interesting too stick out tongue but...dunno....her style is writing with different colours and acting a bit annoying and being a bit silly (at least it seems big grin) but your style...? your style is "shut up" no expression

which is the worse...?

sorry....i just cant help it wacko

Elondra
Did you know that listening to Green Day is the new chav trend?

Myth
OMG! People born in 91 are old enough to be on this forum? Not only that, but American Ideot is probably the first song by GD that they've ever heard. GD is loved by teeny-boppers sad

Myth
Just hearing a song for the first time and saying, " its way good yes what do u think on green day ??? thumb up i give it top banana Happy Dance laughing "

As a GD fan, I respect that she likes GD. But it is hard to respect anybody who hears a song and instantly that band becomes their favorite. Give it a couple months and she'll be going, "Oh my god! I just heard Ashlee Simpson for the first time and I am now totally in love with her music. She is the best ever! Here is a banana Happy Dance laughing"

Elanor
i dunno...you may be right and this is not my main problem.....but why cannot ppl give their opinion in a bit more cultivated way....? its too tiring or what? big grin

on the other hand i agree with you...a lot of teenies love eg AI or Blvd of b.d. and they think they know GD and this makes them a fan...but they dont know that GD's style has been changing a lot and these two songs dont tell everything about them....i mean its good that a lot of ppl like GD these days but they all should get familiar with their earlier stuff and see how they started this whole thing

i dont want GD to become a "trendy band", i really dont...

khalla
HAHAHHAHA laughing out loud laughing

\m/ rock huni
u can al shut da fk up ive bin listinig 2 GD 4 ages n american idiot iz dere best song plus ashley simpson iz sooooooooooo pop witch iz sooooooooooo nt ma fing all da colers were so u wood rite sumik durhhhhhhhhhh :wako: u mus b wako

rockchickgem
i was born in 91 n i have heard all of their other songs over time and i have 2 of their albums. whats it got to do with age?

Myth
I'm just saying that if you are only 13/14 years old, I doubt that you have been a hardcore fan "4 ages". I guess the real point is that she just came across as ditsy and it is annoying listening to (or reading stuff from) ditsy people. Its also annoying to bring up new threads about something when there are tons of threads that this would have fit just fine into.

fribble
greenday cannot play solos! The bastards play the top two strings of a power chord! That is not a solo!!!

Lydia_J
Green Day are brilliant! i wish i could have got tickets in time for their concert sad o well i'll just have to see them another time big grin

moonwalker741
\m/ rock huni, its really hard to take you seriously by the way you type....that kinda pisses me off...
american idiot, imho, is definitely not there best song.....thats why i doubt that you have been listening to green day '4 ages'.....it just dosent seem like it at all...a person who has listened to there early stuff like 1039/smoothed or kerplunk, or maybe dookie, would not compare it to american idiot the song...

Myth
yes

Morning_Glory
HOW MANY GREEN DAY THREADS IS EVERYONE GOING TO MAKE??

furious

el_barto
And ur gramr is sooooooooooo bad

Lyra Rose
green day are cool American idiot is cool too

Caribbean_Chick
yea really eh.. even listening to the whole album if you're referring to the song.. that's probably the 13th best song or somewhere around there and that's just rating that album..

Myth
Wow. I only read the first have of that earlier but I can't figure out the translation to the second part.

"ashley simpson iz sooooooooooo pop witch iz sooooooooooo nt ma fing all da colers were so u wood rite sumik durhhhhhhhhhh :wako: u mus b wako"

This is how I read that mindless babble: Ashley Simpson is so pop which is so "not my f-ing all the colors" were so you would write something duh you must be wako.

What the f*ck. Are you 14 or retarded? Learn to spell. So I'm going back with the first reply made in this topic. "Shut up."

Punk Tiger
Green Day gooooood

khalla
\m/ rock huni baaaaaad
sorry it was to tempting

Jeff-Man
im 14 and the first song i heard of green day was When i come around from Dookie.

moonwalker741
mine was basket case, and good riddance, not knowing it was them

then i bought american idiot and that was my gateway drug...
then i bought there previous albums and noticed that those were so much better

Myth
I heard Dookie somewhere between 4th and 5th grade which was about 9 or 10 years ago.

rockchickgem
i dunno what the first green day song i heard was. it was ages ago. and i would agree that american idiot is a good song bt its nt their best song.

rockchickgem
yeah i saw em on tv ages ago nt realisin it was them n other songs, then when i bought the international superhits n the dvd i recognised some of the songs thinkin "i didnt know this was them"

Libertine
Ok if someones fave song is American idiot, let that be their fave song, god its not difficult.

Mines probably, Brainstew, good riddence, redundant, hitchen' a ride, o god i cant choose!

Lyra Rose
diddo

Libertine
Top banana? riiiiiight....

moonwalker741
smells like a poseur

Konjammenson
american idiot is retarded

Afro Cheese
Honestly all Green Day is the same in my eyes. Older Green Day fans look down on American Idiot cause it's popular right now but Dookie was the same way.. it's all the same shit people are just scared to like anything popular.

Green Day is pop-punk, has been since Dookie and always will be. Doesn't make them bad music, but it's time to quit looking down on their new shit and saying it sucks cause it's pop, Dookie was pop too.

Elanor
i totally agree...(i wouldnt say its pop though...)

many ppl seem to look down on american idiot but they have no sufficient reasons to do it....its just popular and successful...ppl dont think it has a reason???

okay im sure 'real' punks feel bad when they see their fave bands in teen magazines or whatever, but who cares??? if their music is still good...i dont care who like them and who dont. american idiot IS a great album, just listen to 'give me novocaine' or 'homecoming' or any other songs if you dont believe me. actually i dont care who believe me and who dont... i love it and thats is smile

(oh and this is not about ppl who did listen to AI several times and after it they still say that its crap...this is another thing...these ppl, i just cant understand big grin)

Libertine
Around of appluase for Elanor and Afro cheese! Thankyou so much for being able to say it straight, ive always wanted to be able to say that but i say it wrong and people take it the wrong way. I agree that American idiot is a mint album, although i wouldnt call it pop either.

moonwalker741
yes i couldnt say it any better....

Afro Cheese
Well I call a lot of things pop that most people don't consider pop.. I just mean that it's mainstream music.

Elanor
and? what then? okay it is mainstream coz its popular, you say. but it IS still good so i dont really care about this mainstream thing.

not the MUSIC is what matters? i mean, when you say its mainstream you think about ppl who like it, that tons of ppl listen to it, and then you dont wanna listen to it coz its so popular and you wanna differ from the mass.....well if this is the case you dont really differ from ppl who DO listen to it coz its popular. you just DONT listen to it coz its popular. i dont see a big difference.

Libertine, moonwalker741: thanks wink

Afro Cheese
I didn't say that them being mainstream was a bad thing, just explaining why I labeled them as pop.

My original point was that I think the majority of the people who hate American Idiot feel that way because of the excessive attention it's getting from the mainstream.

Elanor
yes

i agree

uma040
Holiday - v gd rock

Libertine
I know i could just listen to Holiday all day. I loved it when they played it live the other week, and Billy went 'this songs about George Bush' and we all cheered cos we knew it was going to be holiday, and then he said 'wait a minute are you all cheering for George Bush?' so we all booed, so Billy laughed and said 'Thats more like it'

Elanor
laughing

i think i heard that thing big grin of course not live (unfortunately *sob*)

but one of my friends is today gonna buy my ticket for novarock festival where we are going to see Green Day eek!

moonwalker741
usually when he plays it live he yells "this is a big **** you to George W. Bush!" and everybody screams and crap, and then he says "this is not anti-american, this is anti-war!"....

live performance is awesome

Myth
Yeah, about that.... I am a Bush supporter (over Kerry at least) but that doesn't mean I won't like Green Day or that song. It is so freakin catchy.

Libertine
Exactly! Although im not a George bush supporter, but being English, i dont think my vote counted.

dragonpisces272
pop = popular...if you put it in my country...then everything thats popular = pop here

Libertine
Thats what it used to mean, but now when people brand people pop, it gives them a death certificate. Its more appropriate to call them popular culture, or just popular music.

Df02
Originally posted by \m/ rock huni
u can al shut da fk up ive bin listinig 2 GD 4 ages n american idiot iz dere best song plus ashley simpson iz sooooooooooo pop witch iz sooooooooooo nt ma fing all da colers were so u wood rite sumik durhhhhhhhhhh :wako: u mus b wako

Simple Plan thread is that way, love --->
confused

Deathblow
Originally posted by Elanor
many ppl seem to look down on american idiot but they have no sufficient reasons to do it....its just popular and successful...ppl dont think it has a reason???

Wrong. I'm sure I speak for many people when I say I look down on the new Green Day fans who only like/know them because American Idiot went big.

Personally I don't like American Idiot because I haven't liked any of Green Day's stuff since after Insomniac, this one because it's trying to be too clever. Plus it's boring. My taste has nothing to do with the popularity. Example: Chemical Brothers' latest album went huge, and the single was being hummed by the nation's teeny bopping population for months, and I still bought and loved it.

Myth
Chemical Brothers' are no GD though. Hell, I don't know who they even are. What songs do they sing?

Deathblow
They don't sing ninja

Renio
american idiot i think is the worst song green days ever made wait... boulavard of broken dreams is the worst ever even though green day is my favorite band i still think american idiot is bad

but i made a song about world war 2 that has american idiots back ground music

hear it goes

verse 1
i wanna be an american soldier
and fight for my fellow americans
can hear the sounds histeria
as we leave to go fight for america

verse 2
welcome to the war for the U.S.
as we fight against german soldiers
evreything is gonna go our way
all our hpopes and dreams for tommaro
just hope they dont bring us sorrow
and thats enough to follow

maybe were the support for america
were not part of a failure agenda
now evreybody to the propaganda
and sing along in the fight for america

verse 2

verse 1

verse 2

DEFCON One
i like green day, but this is at least the 10th thread ive seen started about them

alic88
i've just heard3songs by green day
boulevard of broken dreams has a promising start, but kind of loses it for me as it progresses, still a good song
i donno whats the big fuss with american idiot. that songs just below average
and brain stew: that songs ok, average

moonwalker741
first i would like to say that, yes, michael jackson is innocent

second, listen to tehre dookie stuff, mostly all of there stuff is good, but there early stuff is awesome

alic88
can u suggest an album?

khalla
Dookie, or 1039 smoothed out slappy hours

Libertine
I understand the people who hated greenday before American Idiot, but fans that hate greenday now because of American idiot are just plain selfish. Your just trying to keep Green day for yourself and not share them with anyone, i mean c'mon, it happened with their underground fans when Dookie came out, and now its happening to most of the fan population, just get over it and enjoy being able to see your fave band on the front cover of a magazine for a while.

PINBALL
Green Day is the greatest band EVER!!! ive been to a concerts of theirs it was amazing

moonwalker741
Originally posted by khalla
Dookie, or 1039 smoothed out slappy hours

Most definitely, those two are my favorite albums....

Libertine
I love your sig by the way. Long view is currently one of my musical obbsesions at the moment.

Alpha Centauri
Firstly, I like American Idiot, so don't take this as a stab at Green Day. I really like them.

Why is it a good thing that a band is on magazine covers? If fans have a problem with their favourite band being bandwagonned to hell, then that's their right.

It happened with Muse as soon as Hysteria was released in the US. Millions of Americans saying "Wow where did these guys come from?". When it's just a case of getting off your backside and looking. Same with Green Day.

-AC

el_barto
Originally posted by alic88
can u suggest an album?

Nimrod

Deathblow
Nimrod is where Green Day lost me. It's their worst, along with Warning and Shenanigans.

Kerplunk and Insomniac are my favorites.

moonwalker741
Nimrod, Warning, and Shennanigans or however you spell it were awsome, not as good as the ones suggested, but i thought they were pretty good, they were albums showing how Green Day are maturing and evolving into the not-so 90s Green Day which they are known for...I like all there music, they all may sound different from different albums but its enjoyable music

el_barto
^ I agree

Libertine
I do too.

smittenkitten
Don't you think Billy Joe is being a little melodramatic in Boulevard of Broken Dreams? I mean, "I walk alone"? What about the rest of his band?! Don't they walk with him? Get a grip, Armstrong, and stop being such a martyr!

-Smitten Kitten-

Punk Tiger
Why were you being horrible the 1st posts? Why come if you're gonna say SHUT UP! Green Day are good.

el_barto
Originally posted by smittenkitten
Don't you think Billy Joe is being a little melodramatic in Boulevard of Broken Dreams? I mean, "I walk alone"? What about the rest of his band?! Don't they walk with him? Get a grip, Armstrong, and stop being such a martyr!

-Smitten Kitten-

He's not talking about himself, the whole idea of american idiot is that there is a story behind it (kinda like Tommy, if you even know what that it) he is talking about the charactor in his album

Elanor
Don't you think Billy Joe is being a little melodramatic in Boulevard of Broken Dreams?

of course he is. as we all know he's 'one of those melodramatic fools'

anyhow its a song smile dont take it literally

moonwalker741
Billie Joe*

majintrunks92
billy joel sucks

majintrunks92
hes all just soft crap, i like drowning pool

Elanor
who is billy joel? smile i know there is a singer who called billy joel but why did you write it here? smile

smittenkitten
"He's not talking about himself, the whole idea of american idiot is that there is a story behind it (kinda like Tommy, if you even know what that it) he is talking about the charactor in his album"

"of course he is. as we all know he's 'one of those melodramatic fools'

anyhow its a song smile dont take it literally"

Oh god, you guys really take the cake. I was kidding. And for Smitten Kitten's sake, of course I know what Tommy is.

Sheesh, this board is dense.

-Smitten Kitten-

Elanor
okay wink

syko freak
I Luv Green Day n they rock

moonwalker741
Originally posted by majintrunks92
billy joel sucks

what are you talking about! We Didnt Start The Fire is a great song, dont mess with BILLY JOEL ..... But i think Billie Joe Armstrong is cool too

SlipknoT
Originally posted by moonwalker741
what are you talking about! We Didnt Start The Fire is a great song, That song is awsome laughing out loud

Libertine
Im listening to warning now, it always makes me wanna dance... Happy Dance

hot 4 Ryan
i love Green Day..... rock billie joe is hawt and ive loved Green Day for ever!! shifty

cad
i like green day but there has been a thread on this.

moonwalker741
Originally posted by hot 4 Ryan
i love Green Day..... rock billie joe is hawt and ive loved Green Day for ever!! shifty

shut the **** up

Tptmanno1
I wonder why People Like American Idiot...
Is it the message? Because RATM does that much much Better,
Or is it the Music? Because Deftones do that better, as do old punk...

infern07
wtf?
zorro

ragesRemorse
I was a long time supporter and loyal fan of green day. I even though that warning was their best album. While most fans disregaurd it as shit. I cant forgive greenday for their recent album American idiot. I listen to music to get away from the real god damn world, or to find a voice that expresses my emotions. I respect them for their political bashing, but i truly believe it is a god damn gimmick. Nearly every damn song on that album has a refference to bush or America. Coorperate bashing doesnt work with punk pop guitar licks, i'm sorry. Your pissed off, but your whining. Like manno said, Rage did it the best. If your truly pissed off and offended, then be pissed off and offended. Dont sugar coat your lyrics for people, and dont whine. Screw greenday and their political gimmicks.

el_barto
Originally posted by hot 4 Ryan

i no bilie jo is so frkn hawt! i cnt believe u thnk so 2!

All these n00bs make me cry crybaby

el_barto
"He's not talking about himself, the whole idea of american idiot is that there is a story behind it (kinda like Tommy, if you even know what that it) he is talking about the charactor in his album"

"of course he is. as we all know he's 'one of those melodramatic fools'

anyhow its a song smile dont take it literally"

Oh god, you guys really take the cake. I was kidding. And for Smitten Kitten's sake, of course I know what Tommy is.

Sheesh, this board is dense.

-Smitten Kitten-

It's kinda hard to know that you are kiding when I cant hear the tone of voice you would take or the facial expression you would use.

Imaginary
Originally posted by Deathblow
Example: Chemical Brothers' latest album went huge, and the single was being hummed by the nation's teeny bopping population for months, and I still bought and loved it.

Chemical Brothers... teeny boppers... shocking

n00bslayer
for god ****in sake people it's music! who gives a shit if someone likes it or not??? let people who like GD talk about it and if you don't like it then don't post any of your whiney SHIT SAYING "OMG i hate GD because they can't play solos!!" as if any of you could do better! you don't like it then learn to live with it cuz it ain't leaving for a loooooong time.

RagnaViper
All the Green Day fans should be led into a large fenced off area and executed.

el_barto
...no expression...

~Rad~
The best Green Day song's gotta be Boulevard Of Broken Dreams... rock

el_barto
No thats just the most overplayed song.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by RagnaViper
All the Green Day fans should be led into a large fenced off area and executed.

Why?

Out of curiousity. Because they're a good band.

-AC

chops
the first GD song i heard was american idiot. i thought it was alright and i bought international superhits which has some of thier best songs

Rob Owns You
Originally posted by \m/ rock huni

Holy shit, learn how to spell. That is some of the worse grammer that I have seen

SlipknoT
Originally posted by ~Rad~
The best Green Day song's gotta be Boulevard Of Broken Dreams... rock no expression

Imaginary
Well, THAT just screams "idiot" erm

el_barto
Man I want tickets to their new concert so bad. I might not get them though. Oh well theres always next year I guess.

Flying High
i saw green day at t in the park....they can put on a show no expression

i cant choose my favourite song...i like good riddance though...

Ronny
Originally posted by ~Rad~
The best Green Day song's gotta be Boulevard Of Broken Dreams... rock ?tuolles

Myth
Originally posted by Ronny
?tuolles

What the hell does that mean? confused

tre fool
HELLO EVERY ONE GREENDAY ROCK BUT THER NEW ALBUMS TO PERSONAL FOR THE PUNK WORLD BUT THEY STILL ROCK NEVER THE LESS, BTW ANYONE ELSE HATE CHAVS??

Myth
cool

SORRY I HAV NO IDEA WAT CHAVS IS AND I THINK GREEN DAY ROCK TO!!

LiveAndLetDie
Green Day is ok. I`ve seen better bands, but they`re aight. My favorite song by them is Basket Case
BTW, it`s Green Day, not Greenday. Just wanted to let you know stick out tongue stick out tongue

Myth
LiveAndLetDie - I'm pretty sure that guy's biggest problem is not how to spell a band name, but more or less how to write a sentence.

LiveAndLetDie
I didn`t have the time to get started on his grammar.

Myth
I'm just saying it is pointless to correct just one word of his. wink

LiveAndLetDie
lol, okies cool

Court Radcliffe
I like green day!!!

RedAlertv2
New Album Planned

SnakeEyes
Hopefully a new album will not mean more teenie-bopper fans that like Green Day because it's the cool thing to do... I will reserve judgement until I hear a single or something, but I have faith in them.

SlipknoT
I hope it isnt at all like American Idiot, pop Punk Crap.

Myth
Good for f*cking you!!!

Myth
I have faith, I'm sure its going to be great.

Emma718
nice..that's great news to hear

Bardock42
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Firstly, I like American Idiot, so don't take this as a stab at Green Day. I really like them.

Why is it a good thing that a band is on magazine covers? If fans have a problem with their favourite band being bandwagonned to hell, then that's their right.

It happened with Muse as soon as Hysteria was released in the US. Millions of Americans saying "Wow where did these guys come from?". When it's just a case of getting off your backside and looking. Same with Green Day.

-AC

Well Muse are still good though....I don't really care if people like the band I like.....I like good music...for Green Day...I don't really know much of them I really don't like "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" but I like "Good Riddance" and "Minority"

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Hopefully a new album will not mean more teenie-bopper fans that like Green Day because it's the cool thing to do... I will reserve judgement until I hear a single or something, but I have faith in them.

I have to agree. My biggest complaint about american idiot was all the teenie-boppers that flocked to the band. True fans liked Green Day before american idiot.

Df02
i hope they ditch the 'we hate bush cos you hate bush' crap aswell

Syren
Dookie droolio

International Superhits rock

Warning love

Korri
No, the world is falling apart...

LiveAndLetDie
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I agree. Last year, I had to deal with "OMG! GREEN DAY IS SOOOOO AWESOME! BILLIE JOE IS SOOOO HOTT!"
It was amazing how many people suddenly confessed their love for the best as soon as American Idiot came out. Please let this album be better..

Syren
American Idiot seemed to be a magnet for all of the ex Busted fans who sort of grew up but didn't quite make into the GreenDay appreciation zone roll eyes (sarcastic)

Df02
but to be fair, Warning! is 2nd to worst album and International Superhits is a greatest hits album... so 2 out of 3 of your list were just as bad as American Idiot.

Kerrplunk and Dookie were the only good albums they made really, which, out of 8 + a few long EP's... is pretty poor

Kumar
i think this is good news. i was wondering if they would come out with a new album. but like many of you have said, i hope it isn't another teenie bopper album that attracts people who only know them becuase of "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" and "American Idiot". i hated all the Greenday fan posers.

Syren
Originally posted by Df02
but to be fair, Warning! is 2nd to worst album and International Superhits is a greatest hits album... so 2 out of 3 of your list were just as bad as American Idiot.

Kerrplunk and Dookie were the only good albums they made really, which, out of 8 + a few long EP's... is pretty poor

In your opinion, yes...

My point was that most of the newer fans attracted by the AE album are the ones who grate on my nerves with their Billie Joe obsession, and the fact that they know all of two titles out of everything GD ever made, I happen to love the band, perhaps I appreciate the albums you find crap, but that doesn't make me any less of a fan...

Dookie, I love, Warning, I love... I also liked AE for the music in its own right. It's definitely different to their older stuff, which I prefer, but it's not awful.

Alpha Centauri
If you ditch a band because it gains more fans, shit ones or not, through no fault of it's own then you're not a fan anyway.

Despite the fact that American Idiot is actually the album in which their music playing is better than their previous albums, I'd say it's got a far worse backlash than it ever deserved.

To say American Idiot is for the Ex-Busted fans is stupid. You're not someone who should be picking out people taste in music.

You listen to Eminem.

Oh and I saw your little childish stab at me in your bio. Funny how everytime we face off, you get squashed, yet the time when you take little stabs is where you think I won't see.

-AC

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
New Album Planned

NOT another album ... blah

Red Superfly
Green Day need to stop the same tired old stuff. They are a good Live band but they have little lasting appeal for me. Too many of their songs are throwaway hits.

American Idiot was a fun blast for all of two weeks, and I haven't listened to it in like 9 months.

I like their older stuff, and I hate people who class themselves as fans because they like Good Riddance and American Idiot. That does my head in.

I'm so sick of the politics of Idiot. THe final straw was that God awful music video for Wake Me Up When September Ends. Soap Opera interludes with suburban middle class idiots and a dramatic set piece involving a battle in the middle east is not cool. It's so dumbed down and patronising too.

beach_baby_279
WHERES AMANDA LOL if she hasnt said anything in this thread then im not human eek!

rockchickgem
damn parental controls, i cant get past the link sad

StinkFist462

el_barto
I liked American Idiot and still like it, I just cant stand Blvd of Broken Dreams, way to overplayed and all the teenie boppers at my school think its the best song ever. American Idiot is good, but they've done better, but I like how they are evolving and doing more than just the same old stuff.

mr.smiley
I wish I could still like Green Day,but my interest just fades away as fast as it comes.

Kumar
DUDE, what the hell is up with your avatar What the f**k? ?!?!?!?!?! i can only hope to god that isn't you sick sick puke

alcoholicpoet
American Idiot sucked, I can't believe 'Blvd. of Broken Dreams' became such a popular song.

Scarecrow756
This news has made my day indeed. Because this is going to my second Green Day album that I soon hope to own. I do own American Idiot and I did really like it. Although I have heard classic Green Day songs. Can not wait for the next Green Day album.

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by alcoholicpoet
American Idiot sucked, I can't believe 'Blvd. of Broken Dreams' became such a popular song.

The album attracted a bad crowd. That doesnt make it a bad album.

Syren
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
If you ditch a band because it gains more fans, shit ones or not, through no fault of it's own then you're not a fan anyway.

Despite the fact that American Idiot is actually the album in which their music playing is better than their previous albums, I'd say it's got a far worse backlash than it ever deserved.

To say American Idiot is for the Ex-Busted fans is stupid. You're not someone who should be picking out people taste in music.

You listen to Eminem.

Oh and I saw your little childish stab at me in your bio. Funny how everytime we face off, you get squashed, yet the time when you take little stabs is where you think I won't see.

-AC

Oh please roll eyes (sarcastic)

I said that AE may not be quite as good as their other stuff but I happen to like it.

I listened to Eminem, haven't in a long time... I guess my tastes no longer include him, so get with the program before you start dishing out unvalidated insults. Although why this is even relevant to a discussion about Greenday I can't fathom.

You saw my little stab in my profile? Darling, that miniscule dig at you is the introduction to an entire spiel about how awful I am, made by you, so step the f*ck off, if you don't mind.

But I do agree with the fact that AE got more shit than it deserves, people can't appreciate it when their fave bands make something which is not the norm in comparison to their usual stuff, but I think it shows flexibility on the part of the music makers, which is never going to be a bad thing.

Honestly AC, your little vendetta against me is getting utterly tired, please go find someone else to hate, you're becoming monotonous wink

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>