Sentry vs Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

David Duchovony
Would this Superman knock off be able to defeat Doomsday after Superman killed him and he could fire his bony protrusions ?

IRTMU-Dragon
No way.

Scoobless
yup, kill im good

Scoobless
sentry would kill im that is

srankmissingnin
Sentry could beat Superman and Doomsday at the same time

goku-vs-superma
what are sentry's powers? does anyone have a pic, or a site that has a bio for him.

srankmissingnin
He stalemated Galactus, doesn't matter how simliar to Superman he is because he is leagues stronger.

juggernaut74
That was very well spoken. Intelligent.

srankmissingnin
Are you being sarcastic? Because the statement is very accurate

juggernaut74
Backing up a statement like that would be nice is all.

srankmissingnin
He stalemated Galactus. You can't possible need someone to go into more depth then that can you?

EDIT: Want me to explain why Superman can beat Spiderman also?

juggernaut74
think about it. Sentry is empowered by solar energy. How can they tie if the big G eats solar energy for lunch.

srankmissingnin
He has the power of a million exploding suns and his powers apparently have no limits and his cells are phased shifted into the future or something dumb like that. Best not to think about why he can stalemate Galactus, it could shorten your life expectancy.

juggernaut74
I guess that sums it up. I thank you.

TheGame17
doomsday wins. sentry is good, but not against a hunter/prey or a gog wars doomsday.

llagrok
Originally posted by juggernaut74
I guess that sums it up. I thank you.

Spidey remembered it.

mykke
sentry is unbelievably powerful, superman's superior at max potential for sure i think he takes any version of doomsday (at his full potential) at least 7/10

TheGame17
Originally posted by mykke
sentry is unbelievably powerful, superman's superior at max potential for sure i think he takes any version of doomsday (at his full potential) at least 7/10

no, not gog wars or hunter/prey.

superkronick92
Sentry got punked by Ultron nuff said

Nikkolas
Does Doomsday have any physical feats of strength that match up to Sentry casually breaking the Hulk's limbs?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Does Doomsday have any physical feats of strength that match up to Sentry casually breaking the Hulk's limbs?

He broke Superman's arm.

Hulk is useless against Sentry. He has no power at all so that feat is useless anyway.

TheGame17

doomsday giving superman (who was powered up at the time) a compund fracture.

strengthkills
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
He broke Superman's arm.

Hulk is useless against Sentry. He has no power at all so that feat is useless anyway. hes right in the series this happened hulk was there to establish sentry as an upper echolon type hulk had absolutely no hulk like feats besides people have done worse an hulk still destroyed them so what kinda feat is this anyway i think sentry is leagues above supes sentry 10/10

TricksterPriest
He broke Superman's arm.

Hulk is useless against Sentry. He has no power at all so that feat is useless anyway.

Better yet, it was an amped Superman with a MB supercharging him. big grin

Priest
Senty

TheGame17
Originally posted by Priest
Senty

how?

Priest
beat the snot out of him.
Or simply throw DD into the sun.

TheGame17
Or simply throw DD into the sun.

can you please give me some feats that sentry has done (not including the fake rumor he stalemated galactus.)?

Jebus reborn
Or simply throw DD into the sun. Hardly.

Also, Superman tried that once, and got shanked... how exactly is Sentry to succeed where Superman failed?

Nikkolas
Didn't Supes also have some amping besdies the Motherbox?

Scans be cool to help argue my point at CBR.

Priest
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
Hardly.

Also, Superman tried that once, and got shanked... how exactly is Sentry to succeed where Superman failed?
is this when superman was drained? ..im not too sure
anyways, i think theres a good possibility that DD's bones would not be able to cut Sentry.. Just look at the wolverine incident, Wolverine's claws are molecularly sharpened, and sentry was literally able to grab the claws individually between his fingers, and was able to bend the claw slightly together.
Being wolverines addimantium, grade A, sentry would had to put much force into bending the claws against his skin. This lead me to believe Sentry cant be pierced.
I believe superman would be able to the same thing to wolverine. Im pretty sure most of the damage taken by superman from doomsday happened when superman was weakend (correct me if im wrong)

Endless Mike
You do know there are things that are sharper and stronger than Wolverine's claws.

Priest
Originally posted by Endless Mike
You do know there are things that are sharper and stronger than Wolverine's claws.
Actually not many things. Certainly not Doomsdays bones.

Galan007
He broke Superman's arm.

Hulk is useless against Sentry. He has no power at all so that feat is useless anyway. That was H/P DD, and Superman was amped /w/ a Motherbox... smile

My opinion on this thread is,

If this is DOS DD, Sentry could probably take the majority.

But, if this is H/P DD.... Sentry gets an ass-whoopin. doped

Priest
Originally posted by Galan007
That was H/P DD, and Superman was amped /w/ a Motherbox... smile

My opinion of this thread is,

If this is DOS DD, Sentry could probably beat him.

But, if this is H/P DD.... Sentry gets an ass-whoopin. doped
I agree with your assessment.

Jebus reborn
is this when superman was drained? ..im not too sure
anyways, i think theres a good possibility that DD's bones would not be able to cut Sentry.. Just look at the wolverine incident, Wolverine's claws are molecularly sharpened, and sentry was literally able to grab the claws individually between his fingers, and was able to bend the claw slightly together.
Being wolverines addimantium, grade A, sentry would had to put much force into bending the claws against his skin. This lead me to believe Sentry cant be pierced.
I believe superman would be able to the same thing to wolverine. Im pretty sure most of the damage taken by superman from doomsday happened when superman was weakend (correct me if im wrong) No, if anything, it would have been when Doomsday was drained.

You can't compare Doomsday's bones to Wolverine's claws... for one, Doomsday has his claws empowered by strength above Superman.
Another, Doomsday was able to stab Superman...

Hardly. Also, that fight wasn't fair at all, and DOS Doomsday is just plain underrated.
When you need teams, armies, cheap shot after cheap shot, to distract and wear him down... it's not the best example of the fight.
If it was however a one-on-one fight, Superman would have got killed, while Doomsday would have still been alive.

DOS Doomsday wins, and everyone else besides Rex wins as well.

Endless Mike
Actually not many things. Certainly not Doomsdays bones.

The Ebony Blade

The edge of Cap's shield

Ragna Blade

Nikkolas
Can we get some scans of DD kicking everyone's ass?

I need some for a Respect Thread I'm making on another forum.

The amped Superman w/Motherbox vs. Doomsday be a good set of scans for it. How exactly was he amped besdies the MB, though?

Jebus reborn
Can we get some scans of DD kicking everyone's ass?

I need some for a Respect Thread I'm making on another forum.

The amped Superman w/Motherbox vs. Doomsday be a good set of scans for it. How exactly was he amped besdies the MB, though?
DOS would be a good place to get scans from though. Same with the Doomsday annual, Hunter Prey, and Superman/Doomsday wars (that one's my favorite).
Anyway, here's Superman getting his arm broken (too lazy to get scans from the whole book, but I think they're in his respect thread).
http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/4417/hunterprey0332hw6.th.jpg

One where Superman tries to get him from the back.
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/7996/doomswar089lq3.th.jpg

Doomsday beats up Orion, Manhunter, and Superman has to take extremes to beat him.
http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/7528/doomswar128jd4.th.jpg
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/5171/doomswar129ag4.th.jpg
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/1139/doomswar130ty9.th.jpg
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/8135/doomswar131rj8.th.jpg
http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/3623/doomswar132du4.th.jpg
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/6238/doomswar133jm9.th.jpg
http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/8054/doomswar134xi1.th.jpg

Estacado
DD vs Orion,Martian Manhunter and the others was after Hunter/Prey.313

Nikkolas
lol Nice scnas but I already got all thsse from your posts in the real long Sentry/DD thread.

Priest
No, if anything, it would have been when Doomsday was drained.

You can't compare Doomsday's bones to Wolverine's claws... for one, Doomsday has his claws empowered by strength above Superman.
Another, Doomsday was able to stab Superman...

Hardly. Also, that fight wasn't fair at all, and DOS Doomsday is just plain underrated.
When you need teams, armies, cheap shot after cheap shot, to distract and wear him down... it's not the best example of the fight.
If it was however a one-on-one fight, Superman would have got killed, while Doomsday would have still been alive.

Why cant we compare DD's bones to Wolverine's?
U said that DD's claws are empowered by his strength which is true, but i mentioned on my earlier post that sentry applied enough of his own strength to bend Grade A adimanitim against his skin.

How many instances has Grade A addimantium has been bend or manipulated physically? not many..
We have seen Superman snap DD bones on half..
Id say Addimantium is stronger than DD's bones.
Wolverines claws are defiantly more sharper than Doomsdays jagged prostitution, thats for sure.

The is no evidence that Sentry can be worn down physically like superman was..Like i said before i don't think sentry would be cut by doomsday.

This wont be a walk in the park for Sentry, but i think he can pull the in off against DOS DD.

Estacado
lol Nice scnas but I already got all thsse from your posts in the real long Sentry/DD thread.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/395936_1-doomsday-respect-thread

Jebus reborn
lol Nice scnas but I already got all thsse from your posts in the real long Sentry/DD thread. OK... I guess I shouldn't have deleted all of my scans, when I cleaned out my computer (those are the ones uploaded to imageshack), or I'd help you.

Priest
The Ebony Blade

The edge of Cap's shield

Ragna Blade
How u figure that these items are harder than Wolverine's adimantium?
i cant think of on instance addimantium in its purest form has ever been manipulated physically.

also Cap's shield has been dented before.

Endless Mike
Cap's shield was dented by King Thor.

Nikkolas
I checked it already, Juggs. Good stuff but I'm pretty sure there's more.

It's no problem. Thanks for those ones.

Galan007
also Cap's shield has been dented before. I'm pretty sure that was after P/R Molecule Man fcuked with it, no? confused

Estacado
I checked it already, Juggs. Good stuff but I'm pretty sure there's more.

Only the DOS ones remain....

Galan007
I checked it already, Juggs. Good stuff but I'm pretty sure there's more. There really isn't. erm

Priest
Cap's shield was dented by King Thor.
it was still dented.
give me one example of Grade A addimantium being dented, and maybe i can reconsider which is stronger.

Galan007
it was still dented.
give me one example of Grade A addimantium being dented, and maybe i can reconsider which is stronger. Again,

MM fcuked with the shield a long time ago, and when he put it back together it was not the same.

Ever since then, the shield has been weaker.

Jebus reborn
Why cant we compare DD's bones to Wolverine's?
U said that DD's claws are empowered by his strength which is true, but i mentioned on my earlier post that sentry applied enough of his own strength to bend Grade A adimanitim against his skin.

How many instances has Grade A addimantium has been bend or manipulated physically? not many..
We have seen Superman snap DD bones on half..
Id say Addimantium is stronger than DD's bones.
Wolverines claws are defiantly more sharper than Doomsdays jagged prostitution, thats for sure.

The is no evidence that Sentry can be worn down physically like superman was..Like i said before i don't think sentry would be cut by doomsday.

This wont be a walk in the park for Sentry, but i think he can pull the in off against DOS DD. Because Doomsday's claws aren't known for being sharp like Wolverine's.

Hardly a comparison, considering Sentry barely managed to move them, if any.

Keep in mind, I'm not even comparing the two in strength, and really don't care.
So would I, but Doomsday's claws will damage more people, than Wolverine's claws will, like how he has massive strength behind it, and is extremely fast himself.

There is also no evidence that Sentry is near the power of Superman either... imagine that.

You don't think Sentry can be cut by Doomsday, because he managed to catch, and hold Wolverine's claws, and Wolverine wasn't actually trying to cut him?
Huh?

Unless Sentry is more powerful than Superman, and a whole team of JLA'ers, then yes, Doomsday is winning.

Ok, here's a question for you, do you think Superman can be cut by Wolverine?

Priest
Again,

MM fcuked with the shield a long time ago, and when he put it back together it was not the same.

I missed ur post earlier embarrasment
dont we use the most current versions of things on this forums also ?evil face

stick out tongue
Still the comparison of caps sheid (a alloy of vibranium and addimantium) and pure addimantium will go around in circles, its impossible to compare the 2.

TricksterPriest

stick out tongue
Still the comparison of caps sheid (a alloy of vibranium and addimantium) and pure addimantium will go around in circles, its impossible to compare the 2.

Not really. stick out tongue Cap's shield is harder than Adamantium.

Jebus reborn

stick out tongue
Still the comparison of caps sheid (a alloy of vibranium and addimantium) and pure addimantium will go around in circles, its impossible to compare the 2. So why exactly are you comparing the two?

Nikkolas
There really is.

A character who's been around for over a decade and has had multiple story arcs dedicated to him should kinda have more.

Not to mention larger scans be great.

Estacado
There really is.

A character who's been around for over a decade and has had multiple story arcs dedicated to him should kinda have more.

Not to mention larger scans be great.
No there isn't only the DOS story remains.

Galan007

stick out tongue
Still the comparison of caps sheid (a alloy of vibranium and addimantium) and pure addimantium will go around in circles, its impossible to compare the 2. Yes, we do use the most current versions of things.... But because MM put the shield back together incorrectly all those years ago, it has been weaker ever since...

Thus, has the "true" shield ever really been breached? srug

And btw, debating adamantium and vibranium isn't something I would even want to get into lol.

King_Mungi
Common misconception Cap's shield isn't part adamintium, part vibranium. It was a new metal entirely.

darthgoober
While I agree with most of what you're saying bran, DOS DD would get his ass kicked by Sentry.

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by darthgoober
While I agree with most of what you're saying bran, DOS DD would get his ass kicked by Sentry. Why's that?

darthgoober
Why's that?
Because DOS DD's feats where putting down Supes and the JLA. Now while those feats sound REALLY impressive at first glance, there's just a couple of things you have to think about...

1. While the Supes of today is a force to be reckoned with, THAT was Byrne's Supes who was no where NEAR as impressive. He didn't have the uber strength feats to his credit now, he didn't have T-Vo, and he wasn't even capable of hitting lightspeed. This guy ranked as LOW herald level AT BEST(and that's if you're being generous).

2. That JLA was pretty much second string and the three major players fought like absolute morons. Guy Gardener was the biggest threat on that team, and he was taken out of the fight in a matter of seconds because he flew up and tried to take DD on face to face without knowing what he was dealing with. Maxima and Bloodwynd were also threats, but both not only fought like morons, they were absent for most of the fighting. The JLA charged in like morons when they didn't know what they were dealing with, and THAT was the reason DD was able to take them all down. The samething has happened when they tried to rush Deathstroke(including Kyle, who's far more impressive than Guy).

Sentry has proven to be stronger than Thor by a far amount(barring the PIS helicarrier incident) who is in turn stronger than Supes of that day. That means it's WELL withing his capability to put DOS down, especially in a forum battle where he'll be going all out, and there won't be any bystanders to distract him the way they did Supes.

TricksterPriest
Just one problem. DD might lose one or two matches, but after that he'll have upgraded to H/P levels. And then Sentry's ass is grass.

darthgoober
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Just one problem. DD might lose one or two matches, but after that he'll have upgraded to H/P levels. And then Sentry's ass is grass.
I never said anything about Hunter Prey, I was speaking specifically about DOS.

TricksterPriest
I know. and Sentry has a chance at taking down DOS DD. I'm saying, that if he does succeed once or twice, DD will have adapted to the point where Sentry won't be able to do a thing to him.

darthgoober
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I know. and Sentry has a chance at taking down DOS DD. I'm saying, that if he does succeed once or twice, DD will have adapted to the point where Sentry won't be able to do a thing to him.
Chance nothing, Sentry takes 9 or 10/10 from the DOS version(don't worry, IMO current Supes would take 10/10 from DOS DD too). If DD evolved then yeah, Sentry would have problems. Barring that evolution though, DD would get his ass kicked HARD.

Jebus reborn
Because DOS DD's feats where putting down Supes and the JLA. Now while those feats sound REALLY impressive at first glance, there's just a couple of things you have to think about...

1. While the Supes of today is a force to be reckoned with, THAT was Byrne's Supes who was no where NEAR as impressive. He didn't have the uber strength feats to his credit now, he didn't have T-Vo, and he wasn't even capable of hitting lightspeed. This guy ranked as LOW herald level AT BEST(and that's if you're being generous).

2. That JLA was pretty much second string and the three major players fought like absolute morons. Guy Gardener was the biggest threat on that team, and he was taken out of the fight in a matter of seconds because he flew up and tried to take DD on face to face without knowing what he was dealing with. Maxima and Bloodwynd were also threats, but both not only fought like morons, they were absent for most of the fighting. The JLA charged in like morons when they didn't know what they were dealing with, and THAT was the reason DD was able to take them all down. The samething has happened when they tried to rush Deathstroke(including Kyle, who's far more impressive than Guy).

Sentry has proven to be stronger than Thor by a far amount(barring the PIS helicarrier incident) who is in turn stronger than Supes of that day. That means it's WELL withing his capability to put DOS down, especially in a forum battle where he'll be going all out, and there won't be any bystanders to distract him the way they did Supes. I thought that was Dan Jurgens who wrote that story...

Also, written by the same person, Superman stood up to Hunter Prey Doomsday, while Darkseid was discarded like a piece of shit.
Or, written by the same person, Superman stood up to Doomsday, while Orion and Manhunter were beaten easily. Or, Orion, Plastic Man, Wonder Woman, Kyle Rayner, Flash, and Martian Manhunter, were easily beaten.
Basically in the same author's opinion, Superman>Darkseid.
Superman>Orion, and Manhunter.
Superman>Or, Orion, Plastic Man, Wonder Woman, Kyle Rayner, Flash, and Martian Manhunter.

So, how can you say he was hardly impressive?

Why does he need T-Vo, or to break lightspeed (I'm not even going to look to see if he did it back then).

Of course the JLA wasn't as good, but that wasn't the point. The point is that, Superman would have never beaten Doomsday if it wasn't for so many distractions, and cheap shots (Superman delivered a hefty amount in that comic). It was hardly a fair fight, or an accurate fight, and it was shown that Doomsday was stronger than Superman by far.

I really doubt Thor was stronger than Superman of that day, and I don't really see where Sentry is by far stronger than Thor (if you ignore Void, since Sentry hasn't exactly replicated his feats).
The only thing Sentry really has on Thor, is the AM battle, and Sentry hasn't really proven consistency with that power either (since the only time Sentry lifted something is PIS...).

If anything Doomsday was being distracted. Superman got help, Doomsday got attacked.

darthgoober
I thought that was Dan Jurgens who wrote that story...
He did, but Supes was still pretty much functioning at Byrne levels, which is why I labeled him Byrne Supes.

Also, written by the same person, Superman stood up to Hunter Prey Doomsday, while Darkseid was discarded like a piece of shit.
Or, written by the same person, Superman stood up to Doomsday, while Orion and Manhunter were beaten easily. Or, Orion, Plastic Man, Wonder Woman, Kyle Rayner, Flash, and Martian Manhunter, were easily beaten.
Basically in the same author's opinion, Superman>Darkseid.
Superman>Orion, and Manhunter.
Superman>Or, Orion, Plastic Man, Wonder Woman, Kyle Rayner, Flash, and Martian Manhunter.

So, how can you say he was hardly impressive?

They where beaten LATER, and both Supes and DD were more powerful at that point. The ongoing Supes theme is that he's continuously getting stronger and stronger due to the solar energy building up in his body. As I said, the Supes of today would absolutely TRASH the Supes of that day. DD beat those other people AFTER he evolved and became more powerful, so that's hardly a reflection on the DOS version. Remember, that's the same Supes that got KO'd by the exploding gas station. If you can come up with some major feats of Supes from BEFORE his death that's one thing, but his being portrayed as being more powerful than a DS avatar(thank God for rectons) AFTER the fact is irrelevant to Supes during the DOS saga.

Why does he need T-Vo, or to break lightspeed (I'm not even going to look to see if he did it back then).
He didn't(I asked batdude about it a while back). And the lightspeed thing is just an indication of power IMO. Now days Supes can go WAY faster than lightspeed, which is many times faster than he could at the time(meaning that he's many times more powerful since ALL of his abilities have been increased due to increased solar absorption).

Of course the JLA wasn't as good, but that wasn't the point. The point is that, Superman would have never beaten Doomsday if it wasn't for so many distractions, and cheap shots (Superman delivered a hefty amount in that comic). It was hardly a fair fight, or an accurate fight, and it was shown that Doomsday was stronger than Superman by far.
Supes wasn't going anywhere NEAR all out for the majority of that fight, and DD was continually getting stronger. Once it came down to kill or be killed, Supes did just fine against DD despite the fact that Supes was in worse condition. Where the JLA distractions originally...yes. But they were also pretty much completely ineffective due to the fact that they were fighting like morons, and Supes didn't get in THAT many cheap shots due to the JLA distracting DD and actually took a couple from his teammates as well.

I really doubt Thor was stronger than Superman of that day, and I don't really see where Sentry is by far stronger than Thor (if you ignore Void, since Sentry hasn't exactly replicated his feats).
The only thing Sentry really has on Thor, is the AM battle, and Sentry hasn't really proven consistency with that power either (since the only time Sentry lifted something is PIS...).
As far as lifting feats go, DD had approximately NONE of note, so Sentry's not really lacking in that regard for this particular fight. And if you take Sentry's low end strength feat(the helicarrier) and average it out with high end strength strength feat(overloading AM) the result is still higher than the strength of that era's Supes.

As for Thor being stronger than Supes of that day, I think it's pretty safe to say that he was. Why? Simple...

1. Thor was shown to be just under Supes in strength in the cannon JLA/Avengers, and Supes now is a lot stronger than Supes then.

2. Unless I'm mistaken Thor's lifting the Midgard Serpent trumps any strength feat of Supes at that point.

Avalonofthewind
As far as lifting feats go, DD had approximately NONE of note, so Sentry's not really lacking in that regard for this particular fight. And if you take Sentry's low end strength feat(the helicarrier) and average it out with high end strength strength feat(overloading AM) the result is still higher than the strength of that era's Supes.

I'm not sure how overloading AM results in higher strength than Byrne Superman...even of that era. Care to explain that a little better? Thanks.

Keep in mind that Byrne Supes still had some decent strengh and durability feats...and DD's feats before he met Superman were impressive in themselves.

As for Thor being stronger than Supes of that day, I think it's pretty safe to say that he was. Why? Simple...

1. Thor was shown to be just under Supes in strength in the cannon JLA/Avengers, and Supes now is a lot stronger than Supes then.

2. Unless I'm mistaken Thor's lifting the Midgard Serpent trumps any strength feat of Supes at that point.

1. Thor was Superman's counterpart in JLA/Avengers...but I didn't see anything that made them physically that close... Thor's best hits were with Mjolnir (as expected of course) while Supermans were simply punches.

2. The whole midgard feat is dubious. Seriously. A wooded fishing pole and a fishing line were able to hold the serpent? If I remember correctly on another occasion...the midgard serpent was disguised as a cat and Thor couldn't even lift it's paw.

Even DOS Superman was still able to KO Mongul while weakened..and he's in Thors level of strength.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
I'm not sure how overloading AM results in higher strength than Byrne Superman...even of that era. Care to explain that a little better? Thanks.
That's admittedly a bit of ABC logic on my part. AM has easily absorbed the strength of Thor(AND his hammer) and an enraged Hulk on numerous occasions without any problems, but was easily overloaded when he tried to absorb the strength of Sentry. Thus Sentry is stronger than Thor, who's best strength feat tops that of Supes at the time.

Keep in mind that Byrne Supes still had some decent strengh and durability feats...and DD's feats before he met Superman were impressive in themselves.
Decent, yes. But they in no way justified his being considered anywhere NEAR as powerful as he is today. What were his biggest strength/durability feats at that time anyway?

And aside from beating on a sub stander JLA that fought like morons(a feat replicated by Deathstroke), what impressive feats does DOS DD have?

1. Thor was Superman's counterpart in JLA/Avengers...but I didn't see anything that made them physically that close... Thor's best hits were with Mjolnir (as expected of course) while Supermans were simply punches.
I didn't see anything that put them that far apart either. They were both struggling throughout the fight, and the writer had on his "Supes isn't THAT vulnerable to magic right now" cap. I'm more than willing to admit that Supes is stronger, but it no way seemed to be by leaps and bounds.

2. The whole midgard feat is dubious. Seriously. A wooded fishing pole and a fishing line were able to hold the serpent? If I remember correctly on another occasion...the midgard serpent was disguised as a cat and Thor couldn't even lift it's paw.
You can't discount the feat simply because he used a wooden fishing rod. Hell, he was standing on a wooden boat that was in outer space for crying out loud, so I think it's safe to say that it wasn't a normal fishing pole.

Even DOS Superman was still able to KO Mongul while weakened..and he's in Thors level of strength.
People CAN be ko'd by people weaker than them, even if they're weaker by a significant amount. Hell, Hulk has been ko'd by Doc Sampson and Sampson is WAY weaker than Hulk is. It's pretty normal for the Hero to ko the villain at the end of the fight, no matter HOW much stronger the villain is.

Jebus reborn
He did, but Supes was still pretty much functioning at Byrne levels, which is why I labeled him Byrne Supes. So, 8 years after, he was still functioning at the same level.
So, why in Doomsday Wars, was that unacceptable?

Since he was pretty much functioning at the same level.

They where beaten LATER, and both Supes and DD were more powerful at that point. The ongoing Supes theme is that he's continuously getting stronger and stronger due to the solar energy building up in his body. As I said, the Supes of today would absolutely TRASH the Supes of that day. DD beat those other people AFTER he evolved and became more powerful, so that's hardly a reflection on the DOS version. Remember, that's the same Supes that got KO'd by the exploding gas station. If you can come up with some major feats of Supes from BEFORE his death that's one thing, but his being portrayed as being more powerful than a DS avatar(thank God for rectons) AFTER the fact is irrelevant to Supes during the DOS saga. Hunter Prey was a year later, and Superman: The Doomsday Wars was 6 years later...
How powerful can he get in these small time frames, plus it wasn't even an occurring theme that he got more powerful every year back then...

The Supes of today just got off of having no powers for a year...
And if we followed him getting more powerful each year... he shouldn't even be as powerful...

I'm not trying to reflect on the DOS Doomsday, I'm trying to reflect on Superman.
Considering 6 years where at that time he was the same strength (following the time frame in comic), he was able to stand up to someone who trashed a real league.

So, basically, just because Superman has one showing of low durability (getting KO'ed by that explosion), that should reflect on his entire run around those years?

The Darkseid thing happened a year later...

He didn't(I asked batdude about it a while back). And the lightspeed thing is just an indication of power IMO. Now days Supes can go WAY faster than lightspeed, which is many times faster than he could at the time(meaning that he's many times more powerful since ALL of his abilities have been increased due to increased solar absorption). One problem here, Superman has also gotten depowered (red sun radiation), and even ran through a red sun, which completely rid him of powers for a year.

It's hardly fair to say he's been getting steadily more powerful.

Supes wasn't going anywhere NEAR all out for the majority of that fight, and DD was continually getting stronger. Once it came down to kill or be killed, Supes did just fine against DD despite the fact that Supes was in worse condition. Where the JLA distractions originally...yes. But they were also pretty much completely ineffective due to the fact that they were fighting like morons, and Supes didn't get in THAT many cheap shots due to the JLA distracting DD and actually took a couple from his teammates as well. Neither was Doomsday.

Ineffective... maybe, but it was still distractions, and it was still help.
Supes got plenty of cheapshots.

2. Unless I'm mistaken Thor's lifting the Midgard Serpent trumps any strength feat of Supes at that point. I'm not saying that, I just find it weird how Sentry's only lifting feat is pis, and his highest/higher feat is completely acceptable.

One problem here...
Captain Mar-Vell was alive in JLA/Avengers, which throws off the entire timeline.

And if we take it as canon, and go back to when Mar-Vell was dead...

It's nearly impossible to predict a time on that.

Plus, Superman was shown as a superior to Thor's hammer blows if that's the case.

Thor's lifting of the snake also trumps any strength feat of Hulk... and we all know how that turns out...

darthgoober
So, 8 years after, he was still functioning at the same level.
So, why in Doomsday Wars, was that unacceptable?

Since he was pretty much functioning at the same level.
But the feats were different. I'm saying that during the DOS saga, Supes still had the same types of feats to his credit that he had during Byrne's run. After the DOS saga Supes gained more(and higher) feats to his credit thus putting him on a higher level. I don't count ANYTHING that happened AFTER the DOS saga as any reflection of Supes at the time because he's continually gaining power.

Hunter Prey was a year later, and Superman: The Doomsday Wars was 6 years later...
How powerful can he get in these small time frames, plus it wasn't even an occurring theme that he got more powerful every year back then...

The Supes of today just got off of having no powers for a year...
And if we followed him getting more powerful each year... he shouldn't even be as powerful...

I'm not trying to reflect on the DOS Doomsday, I'm trying to reflect on Superman.
Considering 6 years where at that time he was the same strength (following the time frame in comic), he was able to stand up to someone who trashed a real league.

So, basically, just because Superman has one showing of low durability (getting KO'ed by that explosion), that should reflect on his entire run around those years?

The Darkseid thing happened a year later...
It may have only been a year later, but it's still irrelevant to the DOS saga. When Supes and the Eradicator fought Cyborg, Supes excess solar energy was nearly completely drained. Then when the Eradicator saved Supes by altering the k-nite Supes was fully recharged. The thing is, Supes NEXT feat was easily taking Cyborg out of the fight which means that Supes was ALREADY being written as more powerful because Cyborg was being portrayed as being a bad mofo who had been beating ass on EVERYONE up until then. Maybe the altered blast increased Supes strength somehow(I don't klnow because it's never really covered to my knowledge), but the fact is that Supes was IMMEDIATELY shown to be more powerful after the DOS saga.

One problem here, Superman has also gotten depowered (red sun radiation), and even ran through a red sun, which completely rid him of powers for a year.

It's hardly fair to say he's been getting steadily more powerful....
It wouldn't be fair except for the fact that Supes now absorbs solar radiation faster than he did previously. For some reason the more his reserves build up, the faster they charge when they're depleted. I know it doesn't make sense, but that's the way it's proven to be.

Neither was Doomsday.

Ineffective... maybe, but it was still distractions, and it was still help.
Supes got plenty of cheap shots....
I disagree. DD may have been having fun fighting, but that's just DD for you. It's not that DD wasn't going all out at first it's that he was getting stronger as the fight went on.

And would you like to see the cheap shots Supes got in due to the JLA distracting him...
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/9228/deathofsupermantpb093bp9.jpg

...and that's it. He got in several more cheap shots when he'd run off to save civilians and then catch up to DD again, but that's the only time DD was actually busy with a JLA member when Supes hit him. So they weren't really anymore effective against DD as a distraction for Supes than they were directly. The ONLY member to actually do anything of note to DD other than Supes was Maxima. And SHE hit DD a grand total of two times before being taken out of the fight. And you know what else? She hit Supes once too so she wasn't ALL that big of a help(in fact it was her who ko'd Supes with the gas station as well, so she actually did more harm than good).

I'm not saying that, I just find it weird how Sentry's only lifting feat is pis, and his highest/higher feat is completely acceptable
Because Sentry is STARTING to accumulate the feats to back up his hype, and that feat(the helicarrier I mean) seems to put Sentry at a far lower level than Marvel intends him to be. I don't really put an over abundance of stock in his overloading AM either, I still have my doubts about it considering the fact that AM has handled the power of the Quantum Bands and Thor's hammer with ease, but it DOES seem to be a more accurate portrayal of Marvels intentions with him IMO. That's why I was talking about averaging the helicarrier and overloading AM, the result of which is still higher than Supes had shown at that point.

One problem here...
Captain Mar-Vell was alive in JLA/Avengers, which throws off the entire timeline.

And if we take it as canon, and go back to when Mar-Vell was dead...

It's nearly impossible to predict a time on that.

Plus, Superman was shown as a superior to Thor's hammer blows if that's the case.

Thor's lifting of the snake also trumps any strength feat of Hulk... and we all know how that turns out...
Characters were being pulled from all through time and space because of the energies Krona was messing with. Krona was harnessing the power from any number of artifacts that could have resurrected Marvel.

And Thor's feat doesn't trump EVERY strength feat of the Hulks, because Hulk has things like destroying that asteroid, and keeping those two spheres separated(I( don't remember the details on this one), and deflecting that huge blast with a thunderclap wink .

Jebus reborn
I'll address that tomorrow...

Feel f*cking sick right now though.

Kento
Sorry to just jump in but Superman after he came back to life came back stronger. He says he's gotten stronger during one issue when he fights Lobo and throws the large ship from orbit. I think he may have said it in other issues but I don't remember except that one. He was no where near as strong as he is now back when he killed Doomsday.

I believe Sentry could beat DOS Doomsday along with Rex but that's it. DOS Doomsday does have some big feats before getting to Earth which makes me wonder how Superman actually killed him but if Superman could Sentry could since DOS Doomsday could be killed by a large amount of Strength. And Sentry may had trouble with a Helicarrier, and I don't know how big it was but in Doomsday Wars Superman had trouble stopping a 747, I believe it was, and he was stronger then when he fought Doomsday in DOS. Though in his defense I guess he was rocked after being hit by Doomsday w/Brainiac's brain and went through the wing of the plane.

Though I would like to know if all of Darkseid's defeats were retconned to be Avatars what about when he and Doomsday first met when he wasn't actually beaten but he didn't win? Before Doomsday got to Earth and died.

panthergod
Sentry handles DoS Doomsday after a decent fight, and stalemates H/P-DD Wars Doomsday.

llagrok
Doomsday has to die in order to evolve doesn't he? Whoever said that Sentry would kill him.

grey fox
Two things.

1. The Sentry feat isn't a low-feat. He isn't 'weak' , he's realistic. Confused ? Let me explain. Superman has a passive ability know as 'Tactile Telekinesis' (the stuff Superboy had) which allows him to lift any object no matter where he's lifting it from. Sentry on the other hand doesn't. He's struggling to hold the Heli-carrier and make sure it doesn't break/tear in half from the angle/point he's holding it at.

2. On Superman getting stronger : Clark is a pc. His overall space capacity get's routinely upgraded. The amount of stuff he has increases thus.

starlock
Doomsday 8/10

Trying to determine supermans feats at a certain time in comic history is just making excuses IMO, no offense! but it just does not work for me,it works as a writer for making comic books,but the rules on these fights seem in favor for doomsday

Now when superman describes Doomsday's speed he means in battle and maybe running, and supes has many speedblitzing feats that involve battle, show me one feat from Sentry thats not FLYING and has him speedblitzing foes

Juntai
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Sentry could beat Superman and Doomsday at the same time lol.

Juntai
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
He stalemated Galactus, doesn't matter how simliar to Superman he is because he is leagues stronger. lol.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by starlock
Doomsday 8/10

Trying to determine supermans feats at a certain time in comic history is just making excuses IMO, no offense! but it just does not work for me,it works as a writer for making comic books,but the rules on these fights seem in favor for doomsday

Now when superman describes Doomsday's speed he means in battle and maybe running, and supes has many speedblitzing feats that involve battle, show me one feat from Sentry thats not FLYING and has him speedblitzing foes

It's common on this board to microanalyze anything a DC character does...on the other hand..a rumor is enough to power up a MU character does to the extreme.

Juntai
It's common on this board to microanalyze anything a DC character does...on the other hand..a rumor is enough to power up a MU character does to the extreme. Definately a double standard.

grey fox
Originally posted by Juntai
lol.

Oh come on now , thats just taking things out of context erm

Juntai
Originally posted by grey fox
Oh come on now , thats just taking things out of context erm Me, or him?

Galan007
Definately a double standard. Fanboy. 313

Juntai
Fanboy. 313 mad

grey fox
Me, or him?

You.

It was quoted from two years ago when the only thing Sentry had out was his original mini. Back then EVERYONE believed the Hyperbole.

BTW , not trying to be an ass it just seemed a little unfair is all big grin

charlemagne9746
Again,

Even before that incident...Hulk ripped the shield apart..top to bottom.. with his bare hands...just like a phone book.

darthgoober
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
Even before that incident...Hulk ripped the shield apart..top to bottom.. with his bare hands...just like a phone book.
When was this?

Juntai
Originally posted by grey fox
You.

It was quoted from two years ago when the only thing Sentry had out was his original mini. Back then EVERYONE believed the Hyperbole.

BTW , not trying to be an ass it just seemed a little unfair is all big grin I realised it was from 2005, I just thought the post was funny.

charlemagne9746
When was this?

lol...in a dream I had...hell...I consider it canon. Nah...I just wanted to see who'd be the first to call me on it...it never really happened.

darthgoober
lol...in a dream I had...hell...I consider it canon. Nah...I just wanted to see who'd be the first to call me on it...it never really happened.
Oh ok. It's actually possible that it might have happened before, because Caps shield WAS destroyed quite a bit back in the day. But then Marvel rectoned it so that the shields that were destroyed were temporary steel replacements because Cap loaned his shield to Iron Man.

TricksterPriest

laughing dur Grey Fox: I STILL don't believe any of the hype. 313 I don't hate him as much as I used to, but let's be real. He's pretty good for an earth based hero, but he's certainly not cosmic class.

Jebus reborn
Never mind the Sentry thing, because I changed my mind about that (fanboy high, since I had just read all of Doomsday's appearances at once, when I argued about that).
I do think however though, that DOS Doomsday can give him hell.
But I will answer some things...

Because Sentry is STARTING to accumulate the feats to back up his hype, and that feat(the helicarrier I mean) seems to put Sentry at a far lower level than Marvel intends him to be. I don't really put an over abundance of stock in his overloading AM either, I still have my doubts about it considering the fact that AM has handled the power of the Quantum Bands and Thor's hammer with ease, but it DOES seem to be a more accurate portrayal of Marvels intentions with him IMO. That's why I was talking about averaging the helicarrier and overloading AM, the result of which is still higher than Supes had shown at that point. Sentry to my knowledge, has only attempted to lift one thing, and that was the helicarrier. Not that I completely agree with it, but it seems a little far fetched to write it off as pis, especially since Marvel has people like Thing give Thor problems, but meh.

So, because Sentry is hyped up by Marvel, and he has one over the top feat, that feat should be acceptable is what you're saying?

Now, I can't really comment on the Supes feats back then, since I only read his DOS series...

Characters were being pulled from all through time and space because of the energies Krona was messing with. Krona was harnessing the power from any number of artifacts that could have resurrected Marvel. I really don't think that it was supposed to be a showing of that exact time.
Although I can't really comment on it, because I haven't read it in a long time.

And Thor's feat doesn't trump EVERY strength feat of the Hulks, because Hulk has things like destroying that asteroid, and keeping those two spheres separated(I( don't remember the details on this one), and deflecting that huge blast with a thunderclap wink . Actually, Thor's lifting of the planet does indeed trump Hulk's.
Hulk only destroyed the asteroid because of his durability, and because he was shot out of a rail gun... hardly had to do with his strength.
The anti-matter feat, is overplayed, and overrated. We have nothing to compare it with, just the author saying it was "impossible".
That was just Hulk deflecting a blast... it's not like Hulk actually went and destroyed everything with the thunderclap.

Point is, both Thor, and Herc have better feats than Hulk in the pure strength aspect, and both of them are still weaker than him.

batdude123
How you doin', Jebus? 313

TheGame17
Gog wars would win hands down. DOS will probably lose.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.