Gambit vs. Dr. Doom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CountQuan
Who wins?

Scoobless
no contest, doom all the way, gambit can't do anything to him, he can't touch him because of his force field and this'll stop all his explosives as well

Victor Von Doom
Is this a joke?

Is it just me that doesn't want to hammer every X-Man?

juggernaut74
oh my god. April fools is still two months off.

who?-kid
Gambit actually got a vote ?!? confused

Ironmanpower
lol Who have voted for Gambit... Doom all the way.

IRTMU-Dragon
omg, This has to be a joke

long pig
I would love to see doom cream that lil romance novel reject.
doom could take off his armor and just kick his ass bare handed.

kgkg
Doom wins easily

ThaWhiteShadow
gambit is my favorite x-man, but he would get buttraped by doom, both figuratively and literally. although he might enjoy the latter.

demigawd
Unless Gambit charges Doom's armor and detonates it...

The Flash
Doom.

muffin man
DOOM

DarkCrawler
Yeah, that would be so easy too. Getting close to Doom.

grey fox
DOOM goes KABOOOM when gambit gets close enough

muffin man
xxxwho?Kid
hes gotten 2

muffin man
what I mucked it up again.

DarkCrawler
I pity the fools that think that Gambit would have an chance against Doom.

DarkCrawler
The problem is...that he doesn't get close enough before he is dead. wink

muffin man
yeah doom has missiles in his armour and a laser in his finger.

The Flash
Doom also has something that stops mutant powers to work. So Gambit is screwed.

CountQuan
Cant Gambit send his telekinetic cards at Doom? Cant he do that?

Beyonder
Doom has a force field and his Gauntlet took out Adam Warlock in one full blast. Gambit would be roasted.

CountQuan
oh good point

Alpha Centauri
Can't actually believe it's come to Dr. Doom Vs Gambit.

-AC

demigawd
Well, if Wolverine could get close enough to slice Doom's armor and headlock him into submission, then Gambit has AT LEAST as good a chance.

Alpha Centauri
Seems like every X-Man has become credible to beat heavyweights.

Gambit/Doom, Rogue/Hulk, X-Men/F4.

The only debateable one I've seen is Colossus/Thing.

-AC

demigawd
You don't think the X-men can beat the Fantastic Four?!?!?!

Alpha Centauri
I certainly don't think Jean Grey, Ice-Man, Colossus and Nightcrawler can.

That's for the other thread, as you have rightly acted upon.

Gambit is in no way a match for Doom, shouldn't even be considered.

I know you're a thinking comic book fan Demi, but sometimes thinking too much gives people who really have no chance, a chance. Which is quite redundant.

-AC

muffin man
well add wolverine in and they can

jinzin
what part of doom owns all don't you people understand. i too once hated the good doctor, but even I had to climb into this bandwagon. no way gambit even touches doom.

muffin man
but he always looses

bakerboy
Both are overrated.

muffin man
who is overrated.

bakerboy
Doom is overrated and gambit is overrated.

muffin man
yeah thats true.

who?-kid
Half true. Gambit is overrated, Doom maybe a bit, but he's still THE man, better than Thanos if you ask me.

bakerboy
I like doom too, a lot , but i think that he is overrated here in those forums. To me , he is the best marvel villain and the most intelligent villain, but , come on, he isnt a inmortal and powerful god or something. I hate when the people say Doom owns all or doom can beat anybody beause its FALSE. He is the bad guy, he always loose at the end of the comic against the heroes. But by the way , in terms of intelligence, doom is superior than thanos, but in terms of power, thanos is better. As magneto , loki or mephisto are.

demigawd
Agreed. Overrated.

Alpha Centauri
" better than Thanos if you ask me."

Agreed. Thanos will batter him in every encounter and almost anyone else who he comes up against but I prefer Doom over him.

Gambit is getting grossly overrated by this thread existing.

-AC

BenjaminJGrimm
Oh my Gambit VS. Dr. D?

DOOM in less than a millisecond.

Eh... did the x-man fanboy forget that Doom has taken down the likes of The Silver Surfer, The F4, The entire X-men, and even the Beyonder for some time? Come on. Gambit?

You might as well say Howard the Duck VS. Godzilla. There is just as much of a chance for the Duck in that one. As in picking Gambit VS. DOOM.

And by the way DOOM pretty much does own.

BJG

demigawd
Well, for every Surfer and Beyonder you can name, I can name a Spider-Man, Squirrel Girl, and Wolverine/Nightcrawler that did take him out. But it's all relative, I guess. *shrug*

Alpha Centauri
You take everything way too literally and make everything way too relevant, Demi.

Magneto has had his share of major embarassing down times too.

The fact is Doom has taken out Surfer and Beyonder. The book should be closed at that point as regards Gambit or ANY X-Man being a match.

He didn't just attack Surfer and run off, he jacked his board. That's pimping of the highest order.

If Gambit tried taking Wolverine's bike he'd get his head kicked in.

-AC

BenjaminJGrimm
laughing -AC Your exactly right! No bike riding for Gambit anytime soon.

BJG

Lord S
Doom is not overrated.

Overrated is what you would call someone who is loved by many, but has shown little or nothing to justify that adulation. Doom has proven his worth, and constantly overachieves every chance he gets. That alone is worth respect. Even Thanos has shown him respect...Doom is one of the only Earthlings that Thanos actually admires and keeps under constant surveillance.

Gambit would get smoked...no two ways about it.

The whole purpose for this thread is just to try to inflate the importance of the X-Men...like that's anything new.

Alpha Centauri
People need to realise that in the grand scheme the X-Men aren't all that.

Certainly not individually capable enough of fighting the likes of Hulk, Dr. Doom, Superman etc.

It's actually got to the point where it's been said Rogue could beat Superman and Hulk.

-AC

Lord S
Exactly right AC.

This fact makes a lot of X-fans very sore...hey I'm an X-fan too, but I know where their place is and what their role is.

Rogue's name does not belong anywhere near the Hulk's or Superman's. I remember she once sucker-punched Thor in the face, and he barely budged. While he was sort of impressed, he basically laughed it off.

BenjaminJGrimm
-Lord S you and -AC are both correct Sir. Rogue is HOT and all, but give me a break.

Repeat- DOOM

Zahit
Doom could use another court jester to keep him amused....
"...Bring out the Cajun Gimp!"

laughing

Alpha Centauri
The thing is, if they stuck to ONE team of decent and above levelled characters, the X-Men to me would be a credible Marvel unit.

However, it's been changed so many times with so many deaths, revivals and different series' and writers that it's just not working and they've just lost credibility as a team and mostly individuals.

The there's the splinter groups, X-Force, X-Statix, X-Factor, X-Lax, X-Tremely boring.

-AC

Scoobless
x-actly........... too many friggin' x-tra mutations and power upgrades

Victor Von Doom
I think it's to satiate the current explosion in their popularity. When it comes to it, that's never necessary with Hulk and Spider-Man, as they are solid characters. The X-Men are just a vehicle for multiple powers. Their whole raison d'etre has been hijacked by power-ups and other cheap attempts to keep the cash cow milking.

Tron
That's true on so many levels.laughing out loud

Lord-of-Dreams
lol. I'd actually love to see this fight. But since I know it will never happen, I'll go pick a fight with mister T to compensate.

Tron
Yes, Mr. T owns all, fool.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.