Shallow Hal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

s|m
I saw this movie yesterday on HBO, it was sad and truecry, thats exactly how ugly ppl(especially women) are treated these days. It had some amusing scenes, though.
Has anyone seen it?

shaber
Yes. I think the malign nurse was the most disturbing when seen through the protagonist's distorted vision. The aged actress was the 'pretty boy's' mother.

eleveninches
I saw it the other night, and thought it was rather funny.

papabeard
This was just on tv on saturday night, I dont really like this film , it didnt seem to know what it was, it was funny and then they tried to slip in some kind of message and it was just really clumsily executed. But that the Farrely Bros for you.

Some very funny moments though, like the tail and the guy in the wheel chair, and when she broke the chair, and I dont think Paltrow is that attractive, but she looks amazing in this, particularly the scene where she is leaning on the counter in the hot pants. Makes me act like the wolf in those old cartoons.

Do you think it is paltrows body when she strips or is it a body double?

Dazzler619
This movie makes me feel bad b/c I'm not a perfect person either sad

Lydia_J
it does make you think about how you treat people by the way they look

s|m
papabeard, you're sick no expression

Anywho, im not perfect either. No one is. And i have nothing against fat ppl, i dont like to judge by the appearences.

crickey77
I liked this movie. At first I thought it was only going to be making fun of people but it did actually have a deeper side.

Holcomb
I thought it was funny, was it Farley bros movie?

papabeard
Yep.

www.imdb.com/title/tt0256380/

WindDancer
I enjoyed this movie and had some good laughs. I think the character of Rosemary is very sweet and cool. Great comedy. smile

Beastro
It was ok.I'm not a big fan opf Black.His humor and personality usually bugs me but it was ok and it had some good scenes.Plus it based on true events smile

WindDancer
Really? I didn't know it was based on real events. I wonder if Rosemary married the guy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.