super bowl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordKerrigor
as sad as this sounds the super bowl should be declaired a national holiday what do you guys/gals think?

Maverick2364
Should this go in the sports forum?

It is on Sunday when nobody works so technically it is sort of a national holiday.

dave123
Superbowl is shit

PTim
I live in the UK, and have no idea about the rules of American Football BUT I am watching it <_<

Jeff-Man
Go Eagles!

dave123
I watched it for a few minutes.... it's literally 5 seconds of play for every 5 minutes of fat ass americans doing nothing confused

the padding What the f**k? watch Rugby, and you'll see what a real man's sport is stick out tongue

Draco69
The Patriots are gonna win again anyway. It's just an excuse to break my carb-free diet. smile

Alpha Centauri
Rooting for the Patriots.

-AC

Draco69
NOOOOO! Root for the Eagles! The Patriots ALWAYS win! Root for the Underdog and their Campbell soup Mama!

*Danii*
yes

moonwalker741
i'm just gonna watch the new show premiering after the super ball called 'american dad'...same peopel who made family guy

chelsea17
Superbowl basically is considered some type of holiday...but I'm cheering for the Patriots

Maverick2364
Never root for the Eagles! Root for the home team!

It's a great time to be living in Massachusetts with the Sox beating the Yanks and the Pats' third superbowl in four years. I worked at some of their games too! eek!

chelsea17
Thats cool. I like the Pats

Agent 69
I live in Ireland ,i hope Janet Jackson show her left nipple again that was fun

dean7879
why the hell are they showing the super bowl on itv in england
i'll probably watch a bit of it....the last time i watched american football. i was bored to death.........rugby is better

chelsea17
What is rugby?

Maverick2364
There is no way ever rugby can be better than football.

Draco69
Rugby is just a glorified soccer. That's it. Oh and they can hold the ball too.

KidRock
Only over the hill wanna bees and has beens play Rugby.. American Football is where it all is.

dean7879
gloriefied soccer?? thats bs,rugby is faster and more exciting
chelsea, u dont no what rugby is??
im speechless
confused

KidRock
Rugby is a sport for "wankers"

Draco69
It looks like soccer. It plays like soccer. Rugby=Soccer. The only difference is that they abolished the "no-hands" rule.

Maverick2364
I agree completelyyes

dean7879
wannabees? no i dont think so
rugby is a mans game....rugby players dont have to wear padding and helmets...they are true stars
why is it called football anyway??u hardly use your foot and the ball? is not even a ball! balls are roundbig grin , golf, tennis, soccer, volly, basket, etc

dean7879
nothin like soccer at all

KidRock
PLEASE Rugby players are nobodys and we allll know it.

Draco69
How? Same rules. Same outfits. Same shoes. Same goal. Same field. It's exactly the same. The only difference is that you can tackle people and you can hold the ball in your hand.

KidRock
Same shitty sports.

chelsea17
American football is sometimes hard to play...for me anywaysstick out tongue

dean7879
yeah and american football is really popular in other parts of the worldroll eyes (sarcastic) oh wait..no it isnt...wonder why? any idea?
real football(soccer) is the best sport and the most popular
rugby is more exciting than american football...easily

Draco69
It is quite complicated. It involves alot of strategy.

Draco69
It IS really popular in other parts of the world. Why the heck do you think that the Superbowl is shown worldwide and has the highest ratings than any other program in the world?

I personally like fencing. Some people like some sports than others. I absolutely despise golf.

dean7879
shitty?
soccer and rugby = popular world sports
american football = only popular in america
why?? cos american football is shite..pure and utter shite...borin as hell
u say u dislike soccer but u probably have never saw a european game in
your life

Maverick2364
You guys probably wouldn't be able to handle the strategy involved in American Football, or you'd lack the toughness. Maybe a variation of the two.

KidRock
Becuase people arent tough enough in other parts of the world to play American football so they play little sissy soccer where they run around and kick balls around. As you say in jolly ol england.. soccer is pants

chelsea17
I've heard of rugby, but I don't know exactly what it is...

Yeah, football is hard to play...but it doesn't stop me from playing or liking the sport...and since I'm a girl, I'm not on a team. I just go to some games of another local high school

dean7879
why the hell would viewiers wanna watch players huddlling around each other..discussing tactics? its pointless crap...its probably ok to play the sport..but to watch it is tedious

rugby is fast and the action is constant..thats what people wanna see
not people doing f all in the middle of the field

KidRock
Football = strategy and good plays Rugby = bunch of idiots running around doing nothing

Cinemaddiction
Sorry for being organized, lol. Guess we're not as mindlessly brutish. laughing out loud

dean7879
its called football in england...sissy soccer? u are more likely to get injured in soccer than in american football
have u eva watched a european game of soccer?

KidRock
yeah for about 5 minutes.. then I got bored becuase all they would do it kick the ball to another person.. kick it back.. pass it to another guy.. no contact what so ever.. so boring

§pearhead
football, american football...s'all the same.

hockey's where it's at stick out tongue

anyways...I'm rooting pats, but most likely I'm not even gonna watch the game confused

dean7879
what the hell are you saying?
are u saying there is no stragedy involed in rugby or soccer?
if so then u are talkin out your ass
if u like watchin people discussing tactics on the field..then by all means watch american football..if not then watch some decent entertainment

Maverick2364
Eurpean soccer is really dull and too basic. American football has real hitting along with more strategy. Give up.

dean7879
so u are judging soccer by watching 5 minutes of action?
no contact? soccer is a contact sport
next time try watching it for more than 5 minutes
what soccer game was it u was watching?

dean7879
not gonna give up
european soccer is dull!? laughing
please..and american football is really exciting roll eyes (sarcastic)
why do u keep going on about stragegy? theres no fun in watching people discuss tactics

Draco69
They're more likely to get injured by the rioting crowds, not the actual game itself.

Maverick2364
You don't see the discussion part, which is why all you see are plays and strategies played out. Watch a game before you make your worthless comments.

§pearhead
i agree, I love it when people run around aimlessly

dean7879
rioting crowds? in all my time of going to soccer games...i have never seen a football riot........they are very rare nowadays....so there are no riots in america then?? please

dean7879
i have watched a game...its made for fall asleep
u are the one making worthless and ludicrous comments..
soccer is the best..thats why its played all over the world

Draco69
There's no such thing as a soccer riot? Please! They are notorious for soccer riots. There was one riot where over 50 people died do to trampling

Maverick2364
Really, why don't you enlighten me, what did I say was so ludicrous?

Soccer is played all over the world because it is simple and it's not too difficult. I'd like to see the British attempt to play football.

dean7879
soccer is known worldwide as the beautiful game

Maverick2364
Yea... beautiful... sick

dean7879
we do play football..real football that is
so u are saying that the reason no one plays american football is because its too complicated? thats pure and utter crap...no one plays it cos the game is horrendous!
we play rugby not crappy american football with there stragegys roll eyes (sarcastic)
i dont buy in to your comment saying that people on play soccer cos it is simple....theres a ludicrous comment there u just made

Draco69
It is beautiful. No matter what they say. Words can't bring it down. It is beautiful. No matter what they say. Words can't bring it down. OOOOH NO! Don't you bring me dowwwwwwn todaaaaaay. rock

chelsea17
omg you guys..jeeze, stop fighting about it...american football is too cool to fight about stick out tongue

dean7879
truth hurts

SlipknoT
EAGLES!!!!!!

Actually I could care less

speiderman
Eagles will win!

Draco69
It did didn't it? Get a band-aid and you'll be alright.

dean7879
the american footballers wont need a band - aid...not with all the padding they wear
id like to see them mingle with some rugby players...they would be crying for there padding and helmets...wimps

Draco69
We're vain. We actually have a dental plan. We like our teeth.

dean7879
yeah u gotta munch into those burgers some how huh?

KidRock
Rugby players are Wanabee football players and Soccer players just suck.. American football owns them in every way possible. Now go brush your teeth its time to drink some tea.

What is the worst injury you can get in soccer? a twisted ankle? hahaha

Maverick2364
Draco was referring to youroll eyes (sarcastic)

dean7879
i know he was...whats your point?

Maverick2364
laughing out loud Didn't look like it from your post!

dean7879
i brush my teeth thanx...rugby are wannabe football players? do your history...rugby came first...so i think american footballs are rugby wannabes
whats the worst injury? errm try head injuries(below) u wont get an head injury like that in american football..not with the helmets they wear

http://pictures.footymad.net/upload/780/71974-5.jpg

dean7879
broken leg

Maverick2364
Yeah we're actually smart enough to wear helmets considering we're tacking eachother. You guys are just kicking and setting picks. At least we think to protect our players.

dean7879
ouch

§pearhead
if getting hurt were the objective, you won! thumb up

Maverick2364
My point stands.

dean7879
why the hell would u wear an helmet durin a soccer match....how stupid

dean7879
well they are trying to say u cant get hurt in soccer
im provin a point

Maverick2364
No we're not.

dean7879

KidRock
Wow so people are dumb enough to smash thier heads together.. good job brits. Football still owns rugby or soccer anyday. Soccer is the worst sport known to man.. come on people run back and forth kicking a ball around.. then score and take thier shirts off and run around like homosexuals. What a sport roll eyes (sarcastic) my point stands: Soccer sucks.

dean7879
good job brits???? everyone in the world plays soccer...even americans...at least some of you have sense
soccer is the worst sport known to man?? actually no...its the worlds fav sport
run back and forth kicking a ball? oh and american footballers dont run back and forth throwing a ball? same thing..only difference is AF is 10 times more boring
soccer rules...just cos your country is piss poor at it..u dont like it..tough
american football will never take soccers crown..it will always be known as the best sport on the planet...deal with it
why the hell am i callin it soccer..its called football

Maverick2364
We never said football would be the best sport on the planet, since ignorant people like yourself would never take an interest in it.

Soccer just sucks, popular or not, and American football is more complex.

BackFire
Soccer sucks, they just pass the ball around the whole time and throw yellow cards around. They take like 4 shots a game.

American Football is boring, more time is spent devising a strategy and huddling around playing grabass then playing the actual game.

Rugby is for idiots who have no regaurd for their safety, just because a sport is rough doesn't make it good.

And then there's lacrox (or however it's spelled), as George Carlin said "It's not a sport, it's a ****** college activity".

Hockey owns them all.

Anyways, I'll be watching the superbowl for the commercials, and hopefully the game will be decent as well.

Maverick2364
Hockey does own, except it's not a professional sport anymore from the stupid strike.

BackFire
Indeed. But no sport is as constantly intense has hockey

dean7879
i have taken an interest in it...im gonna watch the game tonight to prove how borin it really is....soccer sucks? but it is popular? errrrrrrrrm
sports that suck arnt usually popular...take for example...american football
oh and im ignorent? come back and talk to me when you have saw a european game of soccer

§pearhead
thanks for spitting back the exact same things you've said before smile

btw...hockey, best sport ever, though I said that earlier it's worth reiterating yes

Maverick2364
The best thing about hockey is the fights!

Boston University has Ray Borque's kid and their games are extremely aggressive. Too bad they don't allow fighting in colleges.

dean7879
4 shots a game backfire? lol maybe in the MLS..what games have u watched?
i watched a game today in england...one team had about 15 shots..the other team had about 9......rugby is safe...the rules are you have to tackle below the waste.....there aint many injurys in rugby
whats lacrox?
hockey is good...at least the action is fast and furious....so is soccer though....some games are borin i admit that...u are not gonna get a great game all the time....watch european soccer! not MLS! you should of saw the manchester united vs arsenal game the other night! jeez that was the fastest and most aggressive game of soccer u will eva see....its exciting because the players are highly skilled.....american probably dont get to see spanish or english soccer...which is a shame cos u are missin out

dean7879
well i have to repeat myself cos what im sayin aint gettin through to you nutters!
oh and no other person on here is repeating themselves roll eyes (sarcastic)

Maverick2364
Learn to spell man!roll eyes (sarcastic)

Stop repeating yourself, you've made your point and we've disproved it.

dean7879
point out my spellin mistakes..go on

Maverick2364
Too many to be worth pointing out.

Soccer sucks.

dean7879
no please point some out
soccer sucks..so u keep sayin....everytime u say it i keep laughin....funny comments tend do make me laugh

Maverick2364
Stupidity makes me laugh.

After looking at your responses I can't stop laughing.

dean7879
well its good to know we both make each other laugh
im watchin the game right now...its started off ok...but all they are doin now is talking and discusing tactics....its annoying that a commercial break comes on as well....if the action flowed like rugby...i might enjoy it more
its is pretty much like rugby...just more stoppages

Maverick2364
The commercials are pretty good.

Jackie Malfoy
Yea there the only reason I watch the game.I hate the eagles if they win there will be hell to pay for you guys!LOL!Anyway I would not want it to be a hoilday.JM

BackFire
I've attempted to watch numerous euro and spanish soccer games (had to turn it off after about 10 minutes because it was so terribly boring). Every game it's the same thing. One team gets teh ball, dribbles it into the other teams territory, gets somewhat close to the goal, then the defense gets the ball away from them and slowly moves it into the other teams defensive zone, then the defense takes it and slowly moves it back to the other zone, at some point someone gets tripped and there's a yellow card and they have a little sissy fit. Then after a while there's some half assed shot on goal that a cripple could block. This goes on for a while, eventually someone on offense gets behind the the defense on the other team and scores an easy goal that you could see coming about 10 seconds before he even takes the shot.

At least football is somewhat spontanious, every play may be a game winner or may be a dud. It's not predictable. In soccer a good 2/3 of the time you can see a goal coming a mile away.

Beastro
When's the "War of the Worlds" commercial coming on?

Silver Stardust
Super Bowl sucks. I don't think I've ever watched it....I'm just not a sports fan.

Jeff-Man
has anyone seen the new batman begins trailer. they played it sometime in the firtst half.

Corran
Dean, have you EVER played rugby? The Laws are that you cannot tackle high ie next/head, chest is fine! Also there's tons of injuries all the time, hell 3 of the French team did not even start the game today.

Beastro
Wow,the "Worlds" commercial sucked sad

Mr Wiggles
that was THE crappiest half time show ever!

Mr Wiggles
i like it, does it come in black?

Drumdude1167
toot goooo patriots

Maverick2364
Was just on. Tom Cruise owns, but the movie is gonna suck.

Mr Wiggles
HELL NO! eagles all the way!

Maverick2364
Patriots WIN! w00t! Happy Dance

Beastro
Happy Dance

Raven Guardia
Eagles Lost cry

Beastro
Happy Dance

dean7879
watchin it for 10 minutes? u should watch it longer..then judge
i know from watching many games...they always start off slow...but then hots up after a few minutes....like i said..some games can be dull...u probably was unlucky
theres nothin interesting about hockey either..just people skating around...trying to whack a hockey puck into a net...borin..
how can u see a goal comin a mile away? unless u are psychic

dean7879
it was the highlight of the entire game

dark1365
soccer is way too slow-paced.

Napalm
Go patriots! I wish they had wardrobe malfunctions every superbowl

dean7879
slow paced my arse
i dunno what games u watch
the games i watch are fast paced

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.