is the whine thing genetic for skywalkers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

moviejunkie23
it seems to me both luke and anikin whine like little girls with skinned knees. Is this a male trait for skywalkers. "But why Obi one wwwaaawwwwaaaaaa," 30 years later dif skywalker but same thing, "why obi one why wwwaaaaa wwwaaaaaaa"
they sound like a couple of big sobbers when they talk in the movies. As much as i love the star wars movies i wish father and son weren't such a couple of whiners

Morridini
I think at least Luke has all right to whine, considering what he goes through.

Xam
WTF is UP with this thread?

BAILY
They are whiny bc they are kids, not because they are Skywalkers... Enough poll threads that are pointless and this one isnt really Episode III Related....

theshakl
moviejunkie....who is the real whinner here..... answer that...

Darth Subjekt
nuff said theshakl..........good man

if i see another new poll thread, im gonna stick a poll in someones ass...

Imaginary
This thread is so mature... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
Frankly, yes it is; the Skywalkers are all mopey moaners.

Sadako of Girth
If the genetic thing holds up then for some reason it seems to skip the female side a bit then as Leia doesn't seem to have the afformentioned and very prominent whinging characteristic...... stick out tongue

tony_bolony
This thread is actually amusing. Reminds me of the Thumbwars portrayal of Lukes whining... Hilarious stuff. True enough about Luke whining cause he's a kid though, he does grow out of it by ROTJ.
Not quite sure whats up with Anakin though.

Darth_Nefarus
Not only is it genetic, but formulaic.
Look at Episodes 1,2 and 3. Anakin is whiny and quasi irritating in the first two movies, then in episode 3 he becomes this huge badass.
Same as Luke, whine for two movies, kick major ass in the 3rd.

moviejunkie23
laughing
ain't that the truth

Sadako of Girth
LOL Yep.... Sure is.... Spot on...... Inside every badassed would be-dictator theres a snivelling little git desperate for control but at least Luke did the right thing in the end.......... smile

theshakl
"Not only is it genetic, but formulaic.
Look at Episodes 1,2 and 3. Anakin is whiny and quasi irritating in the first two movies, then in episode 3 he becomes this huge badass.
Same as Luke, whine for two movies, kick major ass in the 3rd."

HUGE BADASS....i like that

Red Superfly
I never even noticed Luke was whiny, in all the years I had watched the OT, until other people started throwing their opinions around.

Whininess is a human trait. Everyone whines and feels sorry for themselves - ESPECIALLY when they are young adults. Take a look around, look in the mirror for crying out loud, everyone is like that.

People talk about Darth Vader/Anakin being such a relatable character - mainly because he and Luke are the most "human" characters in the whole series.

How do you think Vader turns to the darkside? Whininess and not being mature enough to comprehend WHY certain things are, lead to frustration, anger and fear. Both Luke and Anakins whininess is key to the story. They both mature, Anakin takes his maturity in one direction, while Luke takes his maturity in the other. The whininess is the "Middle ground" between the darkside and the good.

The critical choices in Luke and Anakins life come at a time when they are too young an immature to know any better. Whininess is a way of expressing inner torment. You whine because you are frustrated with a lack of power to do something. Luke and Anakins whininess is a forum for their ambition and without the whininess and will to carry on, they would not become two of the most influential players in the galaxy.

I'd like to see these "whiner whingers" lose their mother and take out every single person responsible for her death. Now THAT is something to whine about. Cut Anakin some slack.

As if Darth Vader was supposed to be born an ass-kicking cool dude roll eyes (sarcastic)

Obiwalker08
it would be funny to hear vader whine

moviejunkie23
good point man but i meant it mostly for a joke i didn't think i would have fan boys on my back

amity75
Vader gave the mother of all whines when Luke chopped his hand off.

moviejunkie23
haha "aaaaaawwwwwwww"

Obiwalker08
twas more of a....moan of pain. I was talking like if vader gave a true skywalker whine

Sadako of Girth
Sure enough Red SF...
Later on though, with age where I hail from, a lot of blokes as they get older and haven't addressed their issues do follow the "Shut up more and just boil over through internal pressure" route leading to Pub and football violence releases of energy at their own and other peoples detriment....

Just goes to show... Not enough expression: Trouble.
Too much whining: Trouble.

It's a fine line we all tread in the name /aim of balance huh...? smile

ARC Trooper 117
Wow....
moviejunkie, please don't ***** about Luke and Anakin whining all the time-just enjoy the damn movies! roll eyes (sarcastic)

bILLYgOAT
Anakins training as a Jedi should have built character, so should have been able to dump the moaning attitude.

Luke on the other hand was just pi$$ed that his uncle wanted him to tend the farm for one more season, and frustrated that Ben hadn't told him the truth which are fair enough points to ***** about i suppose

ARC Trooper 117
yes
I ***** like them all the time. stick out tongue

bILLYgOAT
damn thing wont let me post the word b!tch
for some reason

Jard_Dooku
Maybe the cry cos the ain't got fathers to teach em not to be girls lol

Sadako of Girth
Check out the "I was going to Torche to pick up the Power converters"
line on the radio adaptation of ANH.... 70% less petulance at least...!
This leaves me with a picture in my head now of GL filming on the set of ANH screaming at Mark Hamill:
" More whining...! More whinge intense...!"

The whinge factor was clearly very much wanted in there by GL on the movie..... You can hear the difference in the Radio adaptation in the audio section of Blueharvest.net.... (prt/ep 3 or 4 I think it was...) smile

Red Superfly
lol lol lo lol lol ROFFLES! ROFL HARRIS! ROFL ROFL! LMAO!!!! LMFAO!!!! lolz0rs! ROFFL0rzZZZ!!11!1!

There is no place for your sig here. This is a bling-free zone.

Jard_Dooku
ok ok, less bling lol ill ask one of the other guys to do me a sig.

J.M FcThumbs-Up
I thought whining was just the Anakin-thing!
Luke's just more like an innocent boy, who still has much to learn and whines just a little bit, because he can't figure it all out(yet)!
Anakin overdoes it, he's more like a spoiled brat and they do whine all the time...they've got everything they want and still keep complaining.
That's the difference between Luke and Anakin!

Dart Saber
Luke whines also:

Luke to yoda:
-Don't do that
-i am never going to get out of this place
-blablabla

smile

great thread btw

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Yes, I know>if you read my post carefully>Luke whines much less than Anakin.
Anakin is an arrogant spoiled brat and he does whine purpesly and much more!
Luke has more like an innoscent character and whines about things many youngsters do(see previous post)!

Thanks for the comment!

wink

Red Superfly
We must also remember that Luke is not aware of The Force. He uses it unknowingly, and doesn't understand what the hell is going on.

The problem with Luke is, he is unwise. He understands right and wrong, but doesn't understand how emotions can affect your decisions. He is unwise and that is why he fails in ESB. By Return Of The Jedi, he has learnt how to be much more wise and is in tune with his emotions, and whinginess dissapears. Same thing happens to Anakin but on a different spectrum.

Luke was bright eyed and ambitious, like his father. He was energetic and open minded to the world of change. It's not whininess that is a Skywalker trait, it's passion. The Skywalkers are the most human humans in the entire series. "A very human being".

Luke and Anakin tap into our REAL selves. They are my favourite characters for that reason. Han Solo and Obi-Wan are the older, more experienced, if more cynical and "set in their ways" companions who seem cool at first, and don't whine, but they are also blind to the possibilities of their abilities due to the fact they are more cynical in their approach to life. That also makes them appealling because Han Solo is our inner skeptic, the part of us that goes "whats the point?" and "why should I?". Therefore, Luke and Anakin's whiniess is NECESSARY in order for everyone elses characters to work like this. Han and Obi-Wan wouldn't seem as "cool" if Luke and Anakin were as calm and as collected as those two were.

Luke > everyone.

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Yeahhhh, excellent point...damn RSF, you did it again.
You like the big discussions and the deeper meaning behind the story of StarWars.
It proves Lucas is just a mastermind at storytelling and the psychological interpretation behind the individual issues.
This is why StarWars gives us such a deeper meaning of good and evil and the choices you make in life, how you make them and why you can't reverse a made up choice, but only can face the consequence of these things and deal with these events.
Also showing why people are the way they are or have become in such a way.
Anakin and both Luke express the same characteristics, but make different choices and in that way they see the consequence it has on their environment or their lifes.

RSF, we should make a good discussion thread on the deeper meaning of things-StarWars!
Happy Dance

evil_anakin
whose da one whining....u guys or sktwalkers.......this is really a pointless tread.........a waste......for whiners.....lol

evil_anakin
rsf....u rockkkkk.great reply..

bilb
Well thats just not nice AND its inflammatory. Kinda hard to take you seriously with such poor spelling BTW.

And RSF, great replies. Words of wisdom in an idiotic thread.

If all you folks dislike so much about SW by all means do the rest of us a favor and stop with the inane threads and hush already.

smoker4
Nice post superfly wink

Sadako of Girth
Man.... Changing my mind about the 'genetic' thing....
Anakin merely assembled C-3P0 without any biological DNA and look at the amount of whinging/whining THAT droid does...!!!

Im now thinking that all you have to do is be even SOCIALLY related to the Skywalkers and thats it.. Doomed to a life of whingerey....!!!! wink

bilb
OMG!!! Enough about the whining! THEY DONT WHINE. They act like everyone else their age, all you need do is what reality TV to get that.

Sadako of Girth
LOL Good point..

Sith Master X
Very true.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.