How does Spider-Man see?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkAge
What is the material that covers his eyes made of? There were times in the movies where it looked almost reflective. How can he see through it? And if it obstructs his vision why does he cover his eyes with it?

Spiderman_RJ
his gogles are like , the lens u use for readind. or a lan house type, where u can see from one side, but cant see (in this case been seen) in the other, sorry bbut i dont know the word in english for this kinda off glass.
wlecome to KMC!

AND DIE VENOM AND "THEIR" FOLLOWERS! they should all root in hell, with the exception of a wonderfull miss.

Robo-Chocobo
its a reflective material that is plastic esc. hence why in the spiderman movie when he gets really beat up its shattered/smoldering.

Tron
It doesn't seem any different than reflective sunglasses to me.

Dazzler619
The eyes are probably reflective from the outside but not in the inside

Napalm
There like one way mirrors

BlackC@t
The ones in the first one made it that you couldn't see his eyes, they were like one-way mirrors. In the second one they were made of a different material, if you look closely you can see Tobeys' eyes. But they were also a type of one-way mirrors. They're like sunglasses.

I think they're called Oakly Sunglasses.

Next Venom_girl
See that out take where Tobey goes "Spidey needs his eyes fixed" laughing
He goes for the full mask so that the bad guys can't see it if he gets scared. They just hear him cracking wise and assume he isn't afraid of them. stick out tongue

Don't you mean rot?
We are used to insulting jerks but we do not suffer fools. *bite, rip, crunch* velho

Symbiotespidey
the eyepieces are special lenses that allow peter to see out, but no one can see in it's that simple

FeceMan
Now that we've answered this a multitude of times...can we let this thread die? smile

fever red
NO!! This thread must LIVE!!! LIVE, d@mnit, LIVE!

Don't you die on me now!

Paola
cpr-it

BlackC@t
*CRPs*

Come on! Don't you die on me now! mad

Paola
it's crp? blink

bag

ayjay
no no..its CPR...

*gives blackc@at a puffer*...use this!

fever red
People, whoa, whoa, wait! First we establish that the thread is unconscious...like so:

Hello?! Thread? Can you hear me? Can you hear me, thread?! *Taps and shouts*

There's no response. No respiration, and no pulse! Call 911, Blackcat!

OK, now we undress and molest...ahem, I mean, we loosen restrictive clothing that could interfere with our efforts. Then, supporting the head and neck, we roll the body as a unit into the missionary position...uh, into the CPR position...

I'll give mouth-to-mouth, Paola, you take the chest compressions. OK, it's two breaths, then 15 compressions, right?

*Gives two breaths*

This "lady" could use some Scope, heheh. OK, Paola, POUND her!

tremerearchon
in the comics the material is a type of mirror calledTWO-way mirror. Don't ask me why it's called that when only one side is really reflective. it's the same type of mirror at the police station. You can see throughit like glass, if there is light on both sides, but if the light is off in one room, then the glass in the room with the light looks like a mirror.
I once read a comic where a villain attempted to blind spidey by throwing a chemical compound on the eyepieces that made them like a normal mirror, essentially making Spidey blind as long as his mask was on. Spidey still wupped on the baddy, thank's to his spideysense. He doesn't need to see who or what he's fighting. Unless he's facing a villain who doesn't set off his spidey sense, like Venom, Mysterio, or (sometimes) the Black Cat.

BlackC@t
Wrong, even against me his Spider-sense works mad

DarkAge
Time of death, 5:08 pm.

fever red
You bastard! NO!!!!!!!

Oh, GOD, why?!! WHY?

Ah, well, she's still warm...

DarkAge
^The implication of this post is creepy

doctorstrongbad
Lets try to get back to the topic. Spiderman sees thru the eye slots in his mask. He might have some kinda sun glasses technology but its nothing crazy.

RielKid
I always thought that there were holes in that mask of hers.

doctorstrongbad
What? Spiderman is a guy. did you mean his?

Mr Parker
yeah that pretty much sums it up.

doctorstrongbad
Mr parker who would you write Siderman 3. Do you think you could save the Spidey films?

Paola
no please!
don't get him started.

stay on topic pleasepleaseplease...

doctorstrongbad
Sorry Paola, my bad. hehe Okay so Spiderman can see thru the eye holes in his mask. I do think he has some kind of sun glasses material on them.

leren
I live in a ski resort (ski a lot). The eyes used in Spider-man are made by a company that makes ski goggles and other eye wear. This company's name is Oakly. These eyes are basically Oakly ski goggles that are shaped for Spider-man. ( I use Oakly ski goggles ). They are reflective on the outside, but from the inside, everything looks normal.

Spideys Sister
The USM uses some one way glass its silver on both sides But its one way glass yes... LIke what detectives use in interigation rooms.

eggmayo
Originally posted by leren
I live in a ski resort (ski a lot). The eyes used in Spider-man are made by a company that makes ski goggles and other eye wear. This company's name is Oakly. These eyes are basically Oakly ski goggles that are shaped for Spider-man. ( I use Oakly ski goggles ). They are reflective on the outside, but from the inside, everything looks normal.
Are you sure you live on a ski resort? I could have sworn it was Oakley's?

doctorstrongbad
I hope spider-man can see his way to more movies. Its looks like they are only going to be three. miffed wacko

leren
I'm pretty sure I live in a ski resort. I'm sorry I messed up the name.

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by leren
I'm pretty sure I live in a ski resort. I'm sorry I messed up the name. Back to topic....

spencerspider
this is a weird topic wow
i thought Spiderman was blind and it was all a lucky guess

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.