Am I not allouded to have my own box-office report?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Beastro
This forum is getting more and more strict by the day.I made a thread about the box office roundup for the weekend in the Movie Discussion forum.CA closed it saying it could be found on the main page.So every website pertaining to box office information is suppose to be closed because one website can tell you the estimates?I wanted to do something different than the main page.Give my own spin on the movies.Make predictions,give past info,review new movies that came out that weekend that I have seen.Kind of a 2 in 1 package.CA keeps doing and closing whatever he wants(even though he is the mod)its ridiculous.He started the idea to delete the movie review forum because its doesnt stay on-topic but geuss what.Now less and less reviews are coming out because of it.The Movie Review section is something all movie forums have a love.He deletes whatever conversations from threads that he wants just because after he replied 5 or 10 times he decides its getting off-topic.

This isnt a crusade against Cinemaddiction I just want to be able to have my own thread without it getting closed because a mod thinks its something that doesnt need to be there.Why dont the people at KMC close their box-office report on the main page so people can get it from places like YAHOO?

Morning_Glory
it is a little strict

Silver Stardust
Take it to PMs instead of starting a thread.

Beastro
Is this thread gonna get closed to?

Silver Stardust
Probably; when you have a problem with someone you're not supposed to start a thread about it, you should keep it to PMs.

Beastro
Its not really a problem about one person as I stated in my original post.Merely a problem with my limited freedom around here.

Cinemaddiction
The answer is pretty simple. KillerMovies.com is a website dedicated to movies, unlike Yahoo! or MSN. Suggesting a site that soley revolves around movie related news do away with its box office reports is ludicrous. It's part of the websites function, and the site is frequented because of said information and more.

As for the review forums closure, that was an administrative decision. The forum was being abused, and the participants weren't abiding by the forum regulations, by going off topic, not posting proper, much less concise reviews, and the decision was made to close it. There were never many actual reviews submitted to the section in the first place. Threads are edited for content, because people ignore the CLEAR AS DAY disclaimer that no actual DISCUSSION is to take place in said threads, but in their respective MDF thread. I don't "decide" anything, as said threads are clearly off topic.

As for the closure of your thread, Beastro. I have a few reasons. One, you're not an established member of KMC. Starting a thread that boasts your name alone alienates yourself from other users. That's not something that's encouraged. Your reputation doesn't speak for you very well, and if I were to let you have your own thread, then I'd have to oblige the next person to do so, and so on and so on.

Secondly, and the most obvious, people that wish to view such information can find it on the main page, or at one of the hundreds of box office earning sites on the internet. No offense, but you aren't of any status to be reporting said figures as far as I am concerned. You wish to start a thread pertaining to box office earnings and predictions , go right ahead. However, I'd appreciate it if you left your name out of the title, which would promote the participation of everyone on KMC, and not just yourself.

If you have any issues with my actions in the future, take them up with me personally.

Beastro
You closed my thread because I put BEASTRO'S in it?CA,your pathetic.

Cinemaddiction
Well, I'm sorry you feel that way. Why is it that you feel the need to start a thread that's exclusive to you? Keep in mind I allowed your weekly movie discussion thread to go, even after Raz himself suggested that we don't necessarily encourage threads of said nature. It's not just my call.

Beastro
Why do you feel the need that I cant.Because its a thread about my views and reports you feel it should'nt be acknowledged

Cinemaddiction
You can share those in a thread where everyone else can respond. Like I said, you're no authority in box office, so play as an equal. You dig?

Beastro
Not really.Your views are really weird and hard to understand.

Cinemaddiction
Your thread has been edited and re-opened, so that everyone can participate.

Beastro
Hold on.Mr Parker told me you used to have a movie review thread somewhere in the Movie Discussion forum.I searched and searched right now and I came across it at page #14.It was strangely entitled "Cine-Picks" something.A place where YOU could give reviews and no one else.Why the sudden change of heart when I decided to open my own thread about me views?

Cinemaddiction
That from one of my original posts in the threads. See, people didn't mind it because I'm not exactly your "average" movie watcher. I see about 40-50 movies a month on average, and tend to believe I am somewhat of a seasoned veteran. Not that the thread has been active in MONTHS now, but that thread was well recieved, mainly because of my reputation here. It was often imitated, but those threads never lasted long.

I stopped posting in it, and posting reviews in the review section because while I knew people (obviously) frequented my thread, I decided it was making me look rather elitist, and I didn't like the direction in which it was going. That's basically the reason I discourage any similar threads.

Your thread was re-opened only because I edited the title so that anyone could participate. My reasons for having my own review thread are pretty obvious, not that it's a moot point.

BackFire
If you have problems take it to PM, thanks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.