Sepiroth versus Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

grey fox
who would win in this battle the almigth last son of krypton or the legendary soldier

HERES THE LOWDOWN ON EACH

Sephiroth - The former general of the Shinra army, Sephiroth was considered by many as the greatest SOLDIER who ever lived. Wielding the holy sword Masamune and a array of fully grown and deadly materia, (jewel like objects which grant the owner magical power), virtually no creature - Be it the great dragons or the mightiest of armies - could stand in his way. Sephiroth, long thought dead, has now returned. Mysterious and alluring, his destiny and intentions remain equally as hazy as his past...

http://c-uncut.com/media/ff7-sephiroth.jpg

Superman is the sole survivor of the planet Krypton. His father, Jor-El, discovered that a nuclear chain reaction was building inside Krypton that would soon shatter the entire world. Jor-El therefore had his unborn son Kal-El removed from the Kryptonian Gestation Chambers and affixed the life matrix containing Kal-El to an experimental vessel for travel through hyperspace. Jor-El launched the starcraft toward Earth just before Krypton exploded. klandign on earth Kal-El 's ship was found by two earthling's living in the state of smallville these people were the kents who took baby Kal-El and raised him as their own son naming him clark kent . later on in life clark learned of his super powers such as the ability to fly and heat vision ect .

http://hallofheroes.free.fr/Images/UltimateDC/superman.jpg

DarkCrawler
If Sephiroth would have time to use his magic, Superman would be screwed.

Mainstream
I think the Sephiroth guy could take down the last son of Krypton

mr.smiley
the last time i brought up sephiroth was in a match against majik.
it would be a close match but supermans will to continue would put sephiroth in disbelife.
i say superman

The Flash
Sephiroth knows magic so Superman will get his ass kicked.

manjaro
hhhmmm lets see...........i guy evryone knows and loves vs a guy most ppl never even heard of...................

The Flash
Final Fantasy VII villain.

radioboy121
This would probably be removed as this is not a comic character, unless we classify the manga as comics too here. Lower level magic might not be entirely effective against Superman and higher level ones such as Meteor takes a long time. Superman might have the upperhand here, but I like Sephiroth better.

manjaro
whistle yeah........i knew that

mr.smiley
sephiroth would try to use his magic but superman would come in too strong.
sephiroth would then realize fighting superman isn't worth it

SarKastic_OJ
Before it gets moved, I feel Sephiroth is another one of those opponents whom seems to be "out of Superman's league"...

Although Superman would win 90% of these comic battles, there comes those mega-villains such as Galactus, Apoc, and Onslaught whom just seem to operate on "another superior level of power"...Sephiroth is one of those guys...

Supes would end up teaming up just to defeat the maniacal-one winged angel..

I mean c'mon Sephiroth can destroy Mars, Saturn, earth and Jupiter with his SuperNova attack, Supes doesn't have a chance in hell...

Draco69
If a half-a$$ed sword wielding character can beat Seph. than obviously Superman would win. All he needs is one good hit. I'm betting that Superman's attacks cause somewhere around 99,999 damage.

mr.smiley
and sephiroths moves can't be taken seriously cause he can perform that same damn move one million times in a battle.
if sephiroth was adapted to comic books a move like that would be a one shot thing.
you can't deystroy the same damn planets like that.
it could only happen once.

Draco69
Tell me about it. Poor Venus. Anyway. Seph would need alot of concentration to summon SUPER NOVA, an attack that may or may not hurt Superman, (The yellow sun explodes and hits the party. Superman gets stronger and stronger as he nears the sun sooo...) however Superman isn't going to give him the time nor concentration he needs to launch such an attack. Any other attack can be dodged. A couple of hits and Sephs down.

mr.smiley
i agree.
not even all the ff7 heroes together could rival superman

Nataku8188
Superman would hit him faster than he could blink, and when he did blink, his body would no longer be one piece.

leonheartmm
not exactly. superman is not in sepheroth's league, magic or strength wise, sephiroth's powers's are mystic in nature and have u all frogotten about the bloody masamune, that thing can nut supes in half in a single strike.

Draco69
If Seph is stronger than Superman, than how the hell did a spiky haired sword wielder defeat him?

Superman wins.

norrin radd

demigawd
Did you just group together Galactus, Onslaught and APOCALYPSE???? eek!

"there comes those mega-speedsters such as Flash, The Runner, and Aunt May whom just seem to operate on 'another superior level of superspeed'"

Anyway, Superman owns. Sepi's magic LOOKS impressive, but given that it wasn't able to put down a group of teenagers with one shot, which is why he had to keep casting the same spells over and over, his magic isn't really as powerful as it appears. And remember, Superman doesn't have a weakness to magic - just no special resistence to it the way he does to physical attacks, or even mental attacks.

Combine those two facts and you have one dead villain.

Linkalicious
Superman would kick his goofy Final Fantasy ass up and down Metropolis.

ZephroCarnelian
Supes takes this one easy... Sephiroth is strong, but not mountain lifting strong, whilst his magic couldn't even take out a spiky blonde nineteen yearold lol!!!

Superman would grab him by his overly long hair and swing him into FinalFantasy XXVI lol!!!

mr.smiley
heartless angel works on the likes of cloud and tifa but superman is in a whole other league

FallenArchAngel
Sephiroth would win anyday

mr.smiley
superman would use his heatray vision and burn out sephiroths brain.

mr.smiley
superman would use sephiroths own sword to kill him.
sure his sword is cool but even tifa lifted it after sephiroth killed her father.

rougeredmage
ok firstly which sephiroh are we talking about here the guy sweems to have mny many different encounters

so for arguments sake i am going to persume we are talking about him in his relatively human apperence. but everyone else seems to be forgeting that he has some reasonable cool magic in the flash back sequence, admitedly quake 3 might not be that usefull. however i am sure he could make good use of Ice 3. thus i think it will be an equall battle as sephiroh in his human form was reasonable strong and i am sure could fight without his masamune if it broke... hedoes seem quite musscular

Draco69
Seph isn't getting ANYWHERE near Superman with his sword. Any magic can be dodged. One punch is all he needs

Nataku8188
Actually, one breath, he does have freezing breath.

rougeredmage
yes but i seem to remember that sephiroh in angel form was able to put up shieleds of varying description and this must be indactive of the human forms materia. and thus baior magic barrior and reflect may be very usefull in this sitiuation

oh and not all magics can be evaded and i seem to remember he gets some very nast spells like shadowflare, i also seem to remember something called cruel angel that braught everyone down to 1 hp

moises
Sephiroth would win because he has an ultimate attack DOOMSDAY and superman doesn't.....

Dont you agree?

ZephroCarnelian
Sephiroth's ultimate attack is Supernova. That makes our sun swell up and cook the Earth... tell me what that would do to Superman lol....

moises
Your right about evrything... all Apoligies... well if Sephiroth had the power of LOVE
he would beat him.

but he doesn't.. so he has magic spells of all kinds and could transform Superman into a Frog "magic called toad"

Superman doesnt have any resistence against magic...wich makes Sephiroth superior..

moises
DO YOU AGREE?

moises
MY TIME IS RUNNING OUT PLEASE HURRY...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

demigawd
What the Hell?

I DON'T agree. Spell-casting in the FF world takes too long. It's not innate, you have to CAST it. Superman moves at the speed of light. By the time Sepi even decided what spell to use, he'd be unconscious and Superman would be home getting it on with Lois (and possibly finished with that too).

Draco69
Exactly. And Seph's SUPER NOVA attack is useless since the SUN explodes in front of his opponent. Guess what that would do?

radioboy121
Maybe Sephiroth's Harvest Sin could do damage, but in the end Sephiroth is still just basically human.

demigawd
This stupid thread - now every time I come here, I picture Superman as one of those big-headed FF characters who stands on the right side until he flies to the left side and punches Sepiroth for 45,684 damage...

radioboy121
Superman needs a special accessory equipped on him to break the HP barrier limit of 9,999. But of course, FF7 Sephiroth had about 3,000 plus from what I remember.

Draco69
Superman would probably be like Eden in FF8 or Bahamut in FF10. He could break the 9,999 HP barrier without an accessory.

DarkCrawler
Ok, Superman wins.

rougeredmage
superman is not going to win agaisnt an opponant that could precievable magicaly cure itself now could it, also as well as supernova he has the ultimate meteor spell perhaps he will destory the planet just to get rid of superman now that evil for you

IRTMU-Dragon
"One little punch... in the face... from 1000 class strength..."

WOULD SHATTER SEPH'S FACE!

rougeredmage
i seriosly think your understimateing sephirohs strengh levels heres. as well as thinking that superman is some god. which frankely he isnt everyone has there weakness and no one is infalable. infact i seem to think from a shitty arc i read the back end of last year in justice league that he was vulnerable to mind control. which i seem to remmber during final fantasy seven that sephiroh was capable of messing seriosly with peoples heads. as well as completely dominate cloud.. ( oh the justice league story arc was soemthing about cruicifer a vampire and his bite haveing magical mental domination properys)

radioboy121
Sephiroth messed with Cloud's head possibly due to their connection - the Jenova cells. He couldn't mind control everyone, but he did knock out the team on a whim right before the clone's gathering.

If we were to say Kingdom Heart's Sephiroth, then he would definitely be a tougher opponent as he was illustrated to be frightfully fast (not as fast as Superman though) and powerful (even moreso than Hercules and that ice god).

Lord Ryugen
Sephiroth does not stand a chance, I'm a huge fan of Sephiroth and even I can see that this battle is pointles. Superman will crush him before he gets a chance to perform Supernova. He's too fast, too strong and too durable for Sephiroth. All though to be fair no one's ever seen Sephiroth fight at full potential, but it still won't matter. This fights ends with the man wearing his pants on the outside walking home the victor.

moises
just to make it clear I was talking about the ONE WINGED ANGEl Sephiroth
the one with over 9,999 HP
and
Superman has to gain speed before he goes into the speed of light

SO TAKE THAT SUPERMAN.......

rougeredmage
the one winged angel sephiroh is a nasty mean son of a gun. lets for instance look at the panthon of sephiroh compared to a rather acsepted argument ( yet still debateable panthon of marvel charcters)
sephiroh< Blizaro sephiroh< safer sephiroh < Weapon
magneto< not sure at mo< Apocyplse < onsalught.

yes i know that was alittle random and on a topic but its good to define some level of definable strengh. now wee have to keep in mind that sephiroh is not the most powerfull beining in final fantasy 7.. due to the fact that he never managed to absorb himself into the life stream to become a god which he was on the verge of doing when he was killed.

and just for the record sephirohs mental powers do not just extend to cloud, * true it is arguable that the mental domination MAY only work through a common link with jenova cells* however i seem to remember that he was able to confuse other people by showing illustions

oh did i remember to mention that he was capable of withholding the power of holy. am sory but i realy think that superman is out of his league in this one

Phanteros
superman wins this thread is gay someone lock it.

ThunderGodEneru
Then why did you bump it?

And fvck KMC of 2005.

Krypto could beat Sephiroth.

Batman-Prime
FF7 was great, but Seph stand no chance against Supes. By far to weak and to slow... Omega Weapon from FF 8 would stand better chances, though even then :/.

ThunderGodEneru
Omega Weapon from FFVIII has no feats. no expression

The only FF character who can beat Superman is Ultimecia at Time Compressed, when she was absorbing the universe.

EDIT: actually scratch that, Ultimecia is canonically weak to love and friendship, which Superman has in truck loads.

xJLxKing
Superman wins. Sepiroth isn't on his level. Maybe you should put him with .......deadpool?

Enyalus
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Superman wins. Sepiroth isn't on his level. Maybe you should put him with .......deadpool?

Deadpool would solo Superman, even in his Marvel Girl outfit.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Enyalus
Deadpool would solo Superman, even in his Marvel Girl outfit.
Ya I can't argue with that

Enyalus
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Ya I can't argue with that

Exactly. Oblivion says it best for me:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/MyMotto.jpg

xJLxKing
What the f**k? jawdrop

Eon Blue
Superman, for crying out loud.

psycho gundam
seriously, one punch from superman and it's a done deal.

Raoul
yeah, umm, closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.