star wars ripped off battle star galactica

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

moviejunkie23
hey you guys i hope you know george lucas ripped off his ideas from battle star galactica and busck rogers.

Sith Master X
What are you talking about? What exactly was it he ripped off?

ARC Trooper 117
roll eyes (sarcastic)
And BattleStar Galactica stole from STAR WARS.
Hell, BSG was the poor man's STAR WARS!

ARC Trooper 117
And this doesn't make any f*cking sense at all, because didn't STAR WARS come out before BSG? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Arsenal
I wanted to say that sad

BAILY
Battlestar Gallactica is the toilet to the Universe of Science Fiction. And the Buck Rogers is a homage, not rip off..... FYI people say Gene Roddenberry "ripped" off 'Forbidden Planet' and made 'Star Trek'; these shows are just homages to the original ideas... not ripoffs

ARC Trooper 117
*Mario laugh*

amity75
Battlestar Galactica was a money grabbing attempt by TV mogul Arron Spelling to cash in on the Star Wars phenomenon

ARC Trooper 117
Plus it sucked....sick

amity75
Big time. It reminds me of what star wars could have looked like if Lucas wasn't in charge.

ARC Trooper 117
stick out tongue
The OT was great.....stick out tongue

tpaquin
Lord of the Rings was a huge ripoff of these books I read in high school.

tlbauerle
This thread made me laught...HA HA HA....the dumbass...

amity75
Lord of the rings was actually a very poor rip off of Willow.

Red Superfly
Star Wars was inspired by Flash Gordon actually.

ARC Trooper 117
laughing @ tpaquin & amity75
hysterical

Mortanius
Oh, lord. I can already tell the fate if this 'thread.'

moviejunkie23
it doesn't tick me off as much as how those guys the beatles ripped off the monkeys though, thats what really ticks me off

amity75
Nah, the Beatles ripped off Nsync.

moviejunkie23
yes but Nsync ripped off Cradle of filth

Sadako of Girth
I remember hearing that GL actually took Spelling and co to court over Battlestar Galactica and was sore with Doug Trumbull and co for aiding and abbetting the visual effects side of the"rip off" in question......

I actually grew up with Battlestar Galactica's original series and Buck Rogers and thought that they were good at the time.... Sure...
They weren't Star wars, but WAY better that Crossroads and Coronation street of what ever else used to be on TV at the time that our families used to watch at the time.....
And you'd have to admit that they were both marginally better that the "Holiday Special" which was at the time the only TV Starwars....
BSG was massive budget TV which as a series (Including pilots) probably exceeded the budget of A New Hope.... Trivia Fans.... wink

moviejunkie23
dude i love the hawk guy on buck rogers, whats that guys name?

TheForceSupreme
Battle star galactica did not suck. cool

moviejunkie23
don't mess with buck cause he don't give no.......duck

ARC Trooper 117
One word for BSG fans: WELLFARE. stick out tongue
No, it was okay-but it did NOT have a high budget....
And even if it did, ESB still had a small budget, and it was WAY better than any BSG episode.....wacko

moviejunkie23
don't mess with buck dude

ARC Trooper 117
confused
Buck Rodgers was way before my time.....I've no beef with him....
*Backs away slowly*

Sadako of Girth
BSG had the biggest budget of any TV series Sci-Fi at that point though even if its budget at that time, pales into insignificance next to today's budgets...... And A New Hope WAS a pretty low budget (Significantly increased for ESB out of Fox's and GL's bulging pockets...)

Sadako of Girth
Twiki:" Biddy Biddy Biddy..... What's up Buuuuuuuck....?!??"

bILLYgOAT
yeah the old Galactica
wohoo, what a show.
I loved the repeated clips of Vipers and Raiders, and the same camera passes over Galactica again and again and again and again and again.
what were they called stock shots? or pool shots?
I dunno, it was such a high class TV show that fuggin stank to the high heavens of a bull$!t script and wooden actors
just like this thread

congratulations moviejunkie,
now that you have gotten our attention,
what are you going to do with it?

jjwil76
please close this steaming pile of a thread.

bILLYgOAT
btw
the new BSG is very good
Boomers a babe

Sadako of Girth
Lol at the observation of the repeated" Attack" stock shots....
Right on BG....
Too true.... smile

ARC Trooper 117
New BSG?
Oh...that....stick out tongue
droolio

Sadako of Girth
Mmmmmmmm.... Baltar's ghosty-implant-cylon-chick....... roll eyes (sarcastic)

BAILY
I want to be a thread Nazi for once...... this has nothing to do with ROTS... either move to a different thread or close.... Happy Dance and BSG sucks royal donkey ***!!! new and old... LMFAO!!!!

Sadako of Girth
LOL big grin

bILLYgOAT
whats wrong with the new BSG?
its great.
good plots
nice sfx and the babes. woohooo
also no lazers guns (thats sooo star trek)
its gatteling guns and nukes in space

Sadako of Girth
I agree... From what I saw of it, it looks like the best new thing to happen to Sci-fi series since B5.....
One thing confuses me about the gatling gun thing though,
The barrels rotate to keep the barrels cool.... How hot do they have to be if in the coldness of SPACE they STILL need cooling....?

ARC Trooper 117
B5 = Babylon 5? sick
I'll stick to STAR WARS and ST: TNG, thanks....stick out tongue

BAILY
TNG ROCKS!!!!!!!!!! Picard is the best!!!!!! Happy Dance Happy Dance rock rock thumb up

Sadako of Girth
LOL Fair enough.....! big grin

ARC Trooper 117
stick out tongue
I'm such a geek.....

PVS
ffs

lucasfilm
im proud of being the nerd that i am... but im glad im not into star trek (shudders) babylon five (shudders way more) or even battlestar ga-craptica(eewww) so yah this is a sad thread

eveything ripped off of SW case closed....
yeah sure star trek came first (kirk or whatever.) but who cares????

pr1983
trek fans do big grin

moviejunkie23
yo buck rogers would slap around captain picard like the bald alziemers patient he really is. word to yo momma

moviejunkie23
i love star wars i am just being silly i suppose eek!

pr1983
i love star wars and star trek... but i despise picard.... kirk could take rogers though stick out tongue

Red Superfly
I agree that the NEW Battlestar Galactica is actually excellent.

BAILY
I havent watched the new one yet... but if it wants to be taken seriously, it should change its name from BSG to something else.... bc the old BSG sucked and that is all I think of when I hear about this new show... and I am a little bitter with the new one bc my show Enterprise was just cancelled and it had worse ratings than BSG....

Ben-Kenobi
What the hell exactly have you been smokeing?

Red Superfly
Me?

Ben-Kenobi
no movie junkie, thats th biggest pile of crap ive heard since supershadow came along.

Ushgarak
Ok, any use here is long gone. Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.