Palpatine/Sidious apparent discrepency solved..?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sadako of Girth
Hmmmmm.... Searched and didnt come up with a pre-existing thread for this so here goes....
A few poster after AOTC (myself included) for a while couldn't understand how Sideous could be on Coruscant in the broken-down district meeeting Dooku, when in the next-but-one scene he appears on Geonosis overseeing the victorious fleet leaving the battle field...?

Well watching the DVD the other day, I was watching the "Departing of the fleet" scene when I noticed the floor in the shot where the clonetroopers are boarding the ramp to the Destroyer, that the floor appears TILED with large metal plates(Not consistant with Geonosian design and in the background the things I'd previously thought were Geonosian Spires looked mightily like they could be the same kind of derelict buildings where Sidious met Dooku...
AND this'd explain the building that Palpatine, Bail and Co were looking out of..... I'd long thought of that as them looking out of the side or back of a Star Destroyer or something... But now it seems possible that It may look Coruscant like because its ON Coruscant, hence how Palps was able to be in both of those places so soon ater each other... They both could've been BOTH PLACES on Coruscant... And Perhaps the Fleet wasn't leaving the battlefield but maybe leaving to go TO other places alll over the galaxy.. Which'd be more fitting with Yoda's "Begun the Clone wars have..." statement as a narrative......

Did anyone else see this scene the same way....?
Again, sorry if this was an "Old news" thing that i'd missed as I said;
I'd searched but came up with nothing......

ARC Trooper 117
Dude....
Palpatine IS on Coruscant at the end of AotC. roll eyes (sarcastic)

This thread, (no offense meant, Sadako), is kinda' stupid: That was SO freakin' obvious that it was Coruscant and that the Clones were leaving to go fight on other planets....wacko

Sadako of Girth
*Slaps Forehead in embarassment....*
"Noooooooooooo........"

Oh well that just about clears that up then.....
No offence taken ARC and thank you, just you wouldn't believe the amount of people I've come across under the apparent misapprehension mentioned above(Fooled as I was for a while by the oranginess of the envioronment....
Am glad at least that my perceptions on this weren't off.......
Oh MAN...!!! My first stupid thread....!
(Holds head in disbelief...!)

Oh well then....
Thread close then please I guess......?!??

(....and sorry'bout that.....)

ARC Trooper 117
No, I'm sorry. yes
But I would think that it was obvious.....confused
stick out tongue

Sadako of Girth
No worries ARC...
As I said, the Oranginess of the scene is what did it for me personally and others that I'd spoken to....
The fools.... And clearly I was a fool for following them.....
Maybe Obi-wans riddle has now been solved huh....?
Clearly I was the bigger fool in the end.....! big grin

Still it amazes me how, as you pointed out, it IS kinda obvious I guess
yet still that slipped the net for ages with me yet normally I consider myself reasonably astute......
Crazy......
roll eyes (sarcastic)

JKozzy
Mm. Sadako, what is the pic in your sig, exactly? I've been wondering...

ARC Trooper 117
Oh well.
I swore for over ten years that Chewbacca got a medal in ANH. stick out tongue But that was only in the novelization.
Poor Chewie.....he shoulda' got his medal....yes

Sadako of Girth
I Know......!!!
Them big Medal swizzers.....!!!!
Saving Yoda in ep3 AND participating in the destruction of the Death star in ep4 were clearly not enough for those rebel ingrates......!!! sad
smile

Sadako of Girth
Hi Kozz....! It was a shot rumored to have been Anakin fighting Mace after confronting Palps in ep3..... Presumably on a long fall.....
Not sure if it was debunked as false or not though in the end......

ARC Trooper 117
*Kills Rebels*
Hell, in the EU, (yeah yeah, I know, it's not "canon"wink, Han credits Chewie with being the catalyst for making him turn back at all.....

Sadako of Girth
Man... Theres a legit reason to start a "Make part of eu kosher" petition
or a "on the next inevitable edition of ANH make it the correctly awarded medals edition or its a boycott" drive.......! smokin'

What WAS the thinking with that decision/ommission...?

JKozzy
Hm, interesting... do you remember the source? Cause I like it smile

Ushgarak
Actually GL said that as far as his plot is concerned, Wookie culture does not recognise medals, and it would be entirely incorrect to give Chewie one.

Sadako of Girth
Ahhhhhh.... That would explain it nicely... Thanks Ush.....!
Regarding sig: Can't remember but im sure it was the "Actual shots etc"
thread on these very boards eons ago.... smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.