Are you in a band?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DEFCON One
I recently became part of a band with Snakeyes and Nickthebassist. We are a rock band and i play guitar. I was wondering if anyone else here is in a band. If so, what type of music does your band play and what instrument do you yourself play

Darth Revan
I play guitar. My two friends and I have been wanting to start a band, but we all play guitar, so... erm We play together a lot but we're not a "band" per se.

tabby999
used to be, played bass in a band called "punch happy hobo: but alas, it is no more

eggmayo
I play guitar in our band 'Big Hitler'

mr.smiley
bass for swallow (pronounced sway low)

Deathblow
Kind of. Me and three of my friends get together and slaughter a bunch of great songs in various garages like two or three times a week, sometimes we even make a little money out of it.

I play acoustic guitar and make the posters cool

Silver Stardust
Nope...

My friends and I have wanted to start a band but it's never happened. Eheheheh...

papabeard
Being in a band is a lot of hassle, too many egos,so i just bought a four track and write and record and play everything myself.

loserib
yes im the vocalist for Nothing but Losers we are a metal band out of modesto ca but we are on a break for right now have to find another bassist but when we are not on break we have at least two shows a week

some of the bigger bands we have played with would be
25 ta life out of new york
accident experment the old guitarist from pods new band
and we have a show booked with hemlock out of Los Vegas

you can check us out at http://www.myspace.com/nothingbutlosers

we have a rough demo up there right now

khalla
yup im the bassist....so um.....ya

Red Superfly
I guess me and my bro could start a band up now. Me on guitar/vocals and him on the drums. We'd be called Lizard.

rockchickgem
id love to be in a band and hopefully for my bday ill be gettin an electric guitar so ive got a long way to go yet lol

Lady Ellie
I also would really WANT to be in a band. I can only play the piano. I want to start a band with my sister, she plays drums.

AcrypT
I did vocals in a few bands, they were basically all just different groups of friend we did all types of music, always exploring different types of rock, nothing serios, we did a few local concerts but nothing big. I'd love to get serios in a band but it's very time consuming and life's bussy at the moment. There's no bigger rush than letting loose on stage in front of a few hundred people!

loserib
he is right its very time consuming its taken over my whole life but there is no bigger high them being on tage

el_barto
Me and my friends have been talking about it. So far me the other guitarist and the singer are really into it. If we did eventually start practicing together we would deffinately play rock, I would play guitar, and so far the coolest name (that I came up with) that we have is Public Television

Df02
i was asked to be vocalist for a band 'third time's for you'
but they broke up before i decided haha, i took a while cos altho im...err...ok at fitting the role they needed, im quite shy embarrasment

Df02
and i also worked on synths and vocals for a digital hardcore-esque 'band'
was me an my mate, he plays guitar and drums, and does music programming on PC...i can play keyboard, synths all electronic kit etc...and i provided vocal samples

made 3 songs, were ok but coulda been better. we gave that up cos he moved out for uni

tabby999
shy! you! never...

Df02
lol....when have i seemed extrovert?
its a forum neway, nothing like standing infront of people and singing stick out tongue

hayden's minx
Yup. I play lead and on occassion lend my voice.

DEFCON One
bump

SnakeEyes
BUMPY BUMP

eggmayo
Weirdly, I now sing in a Nirvana covers band that we formed while jamming in a guitar shop

Morning_Glory
droolio plus youre brit- sexy

sorry embarrasment

eggmayo
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Emma718
can i ask, what'sthe difference between bass gutiar and electric?? lol

Morning_Glory
why are you rolling your eyes at me buddy!!! stick out tongue

tell me quickly

loserib
i normal guitar has six strings a normal bass four bass strings are alot thicker then guitar strings and the bodys are bigger and longer for a more bass sound

Elondra
I'm currently talking to my friend about forming a band.

Emma718
thanks for the info loserib

eggmayo
Its my thing... only for today though.

terra grl 123
not in a band now,but in a month or two i will be.

Ronny
nope... but i drum happy

Filth
dont play in a band but hope to soon, i play electric guitar big grin

loserib
no prob bob

fruits
im in a band and we're hella cool. White Picket Fence is our name, and we just came out with our first CD, United Against Emo. we actually dont sound very good, but we ahve hilarious lyrics, so humor sells

Df02
Originally posted by Emma718
can i ask, what'sthe difference between bass gutiar and electric?? lol

no wonder you like shit music

fruits
hahaha

Silverstein
im in a band called scarlet.strikes.first - we are post hardcore/screamo/rock and i scream for them.

el_barto
I am actually now in a band. We are called Your Vendetta and I play guitar. We will soon be playing at a talent show.

RedAlertv2
Im in a band and I play guitar. Unfortunately we are kind of inactive so most of the time I just play on my own.

rickyduck
same wif me

kyuubinaruto
i'm in a band i play the guitar and my band is call purple cracker worms

dark_angelz
Im in a band, my brother created it. Called Sapphire. I sometimes sing or I play the drums or electric guitar.

kyuubinaruto
cool

Black Flag
I play guitar and do vocals in my band , name's Anarchist Monument, we are Thrash and tommorow we're opening for a pretty big band no one knows of them yet but they're on their way, name's The Horrifics.

StinkFist462
im in a solo-type band. i have an electric drum set, guitar, and bass. i record most of my music through my "studio" i built. its pretty crappy, but it works.

my friend plays sometimes. he brings weird makeshift instruments, and sometimes orchestratical instruments (cello, violin, etc.)

its mostly tripped out jam music. a mix of just jammin out and a mix of geeky noises. Mars Volta-esque jamming with a weird Gorrilaz-esque type sound to it. its pretty calm music, like Postal Service calm.

i wouldnt really call it a band, there is no plans on live shows or releasing anything, its just for shits 'n giggles. but who knows, i might master some stuff a release it on the net somehow.

ves
Ain't in a band, but I write songs & unfortunately haven't found anyone to sing them. Anyway, mayb i'll find someone...thumb up

Df02
since i now have a bass of my own (i've been able to play for ages, just not owned one) me and a few of my mates have jokingly started making Screamo-rehashes of Spandau Ballet songs haha

Alpha Centauri
I will give you money if you cover and record Gold.

-AC

Df02
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I will give you money if you cover and record Gold.

-AC

thats the first song we're doing.
Basically we have a really good guitarist who usually plays death metal, me and the other guitarist are gonna do the vocals and he plays guitar, i play bass... and we have a choice of 2 really good drummers lined up.

so it's going to be:
-Gold
-To Cut a Long Story Short
-Musclebound
and
-True

shouldn't be too hard haha.
Me and the other soon-to-be vocalist brought up the idea mainly as a joke, but then the guitarist was really excited about it because he just wanted to mock the whole 'scene' haha (he's already in the most talented and 'should-be-successful' band in the town and wanted to do something with less pressure haha)

ChickinMeat
Well, i am in 2 bands, i play bass for both of them, one is a metal band (pantera, dream theater influences), and the other one is probably going to be a mellow style rock band.

Fingers crossed that they work out!

Silverstein
you guys all make your own music or are there cover/tribute bands here?

my band makes our own sound

loserib
My band got a new drummer just recently.since then we have been playing with bigger names.Mike Graves,scum of the Earth,Thor and Hemlock. We also have a date with Kettle Cadaver in a month or two. We only Play one cover Pantera's Walk The rest of the set we wrote.

What the f...?
I play in a band ... Our genre is Power and Progressive metal. I play the Keyboards/Piano. We consist of 5 members(Vocal,Guitar,Bass,Drums,and keys), and we've been making our own songs and playing covers. We've been only together for 1 year now, and we found a singer this past summer big grin.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.