What is your favorite independant and forgien horror movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Azrael01
I just wondered what everybodies favorite independant horror is mine is attic expeditions and favorite foriegn horror mine is audition. Happy Dance

MildPossession
A Tale of Two Sisters is one of my favourite Korean horrors, as is Tell Me Something(well a serial killer film).

I like all sorts of Asian horror.

Session 9 is a good indepedent horror.

papabeard
I agree session 9 was quite good.

Is Bubba Ho-Tep an Indie film? if so thats my favourite.

As far as horror movies from other countries than my own, there is a massive choice, but if by "foreign" you mean, non english, then id say:

Stalker
Man Bites Dog (also indie , I think)
Ringu
Ju-On
Audition

MildPossession
How could I forget the Ginger Snaps trilogy!

Wolfie
Weren't The Evil Dead and ANOES independent?

And yes! Ginger Snaps Trilogy!

dean7879
halloween

eggmayo
Evil Dead, and if it is independent - Dog Soldiers.

SlipknoT
Evil Dead

Azrael01
I forget evil dead and ginger snaps trilogy those rock rock

Cinemaddiction
Since most Horror movies are indepdent, I can't choose just one, and I don't have a favorite foreign horror, unless the UK is considered "Foreign", lol.

Wolfie
I assume he meant Asian horror.

If foreign just means outside the US, then Dog Soldiers is up there.

Cinemaddiction
Asian horror, IMO, you seen one, you seen them all. Atleast that's how I feel after seeing all the ones I have. So, I certainly can't pick a favorite in that case.

Azrael01
I was orignally thinking asian but I changed anything outside the US is fair game

Cowboyography
FAvorite indy would have to be halloween, but yes most horrorfilms are indies until a large film company sees the chance to make some cash, But anyway, I just watched Audition, And while i am not a fan of japanese whore in general, this movie was wild and disturbing, more so than Disperia, but not quite up there with Irreversable.

Ichi the Killer was also a worthwhile japanese-horror.

saliorsaturn101
hey i think "the gruge"

Wolfie
I just had to follow up what C-Dic said with what he said in The Grudge 2 thread.

laughing

Azrael01
The grude is a US remake of the asian movie ju-on just like the ring is a remake of ringu. Ju-on is kinda cheesy though so in the end the grudge isn't really a asian movie.

saliorsaturn101
ya but ity was still good

MildPossession
Isn't the long haired asian woman ghost part of their culture or something, sure I heard a director mentioning that for the reason they appear in Asian films a lot.

Zilverz
28 days later

Norma Jean

romper_stomper
my fave indy film is bad taste and my fave foreign flick is battle royale

faradayslaw
I love Asian horror movies, especially Ju-on: the Grudge 1 and 2.

BackFire
Asian horror film - Audition

Independant horror film - Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

thomas231
Clearly, 28 Days Later rocked serious balls.

romper_stomper
for some seriously kick ass independent films check the jim van bebber
movies deadbeat at dawn and the manson family

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.