Thing vs. Rhino

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eden Unicorn
frustyHere's a good match. One thing. Some people have gotten upset that i have made threads. They have come on my threads and screamed that i am doing this or saying that. That's bull. They've said what's the point of all these threads. Well if you have a question you can fig. it out for yourselves. If you don't like the versus forum stay out of it. If you don't like any part of it don't use it.
The only point to these thread for myself is to picture in my mind the action. I don't care who wins. I like visualizeing the match-up. I'm not head hunting for Juggernaut or promoting Legion. Dude they're just ink on paper. Don't take a cartoon as your own life. Or if you do marry it or some sh*t. I don't care. Just enjoy it. Life is to short to worry about it.

Alpha Centauri
Well Thing is gonna pound Rhino into the asphalt.

Dunno what more can be said.

-AC

dami wilson
I dont think so, they are equal in size and strength so the fight's a draw!

Alpha Centauri
Oh well, I guess that's it then. They are equal in size and strength so the fight's a draw. Glad you went to so much trouble.

(Rhino is weaker and less durable than Thing. He loses.)

-AC

DarkCrawler
Yeah. That is all that makes an battle. roll eyes (sarcastic)

dami wilson
Who cares? Rhinos the bad guy anyway aint it? Good guys always win! That how marvel fans think anyway!

Alpha Centauri
Yeah coz the bad guys rule everywhere else OTHER than Marvel don't they?

All you have to do is open a Superman comic and see Lex Luthor giving him a wedgie.

-AC

DarkCrawler
Thats how Marvel fans think anyway?

ThaWhiteShadow
thing is a better hand to hand fighter and smarter than rhino, who is a fu cking idiot. thing wins hands down

kgkg
I don't know which Rhino or whatever they say his strengt is in Spiderman cartoon , When spider man was venom he kicked his ass so bad is not funny, man i can't beileve that Rhino is 75 or higher , he should be like 20-50 no more than that

i whould go with the thing.

muffin man
the thing

BenjaminJGrimm
Rhino's a bruiser for sure, but spiderman has knock him out more than once. He's not in THE THING's class. He would get pounded and quickly too, and then would be stuffed and hung over THE THINGS fireplace as a big game trophy.

THE THING easily.

BJG

who?-kid
Spider-Man has knocked down Rhino on more than one occasion.

BenjaminJGrimm
who?-kid: My bad!

Down yes! Out! I'm not sure of. But he definitely would be down and out rumbling with THE THING.

who?-kid
Ooh, Spider-Man is my favorite, but Thing is a bit much for him - maybe...

But then again, what is Thing going to do to Spider-Man ? Would be a boring fight.

Alpha Centauri
I really like Spider-Man.

He isn't my favourite but I honestly believe he is more than a suitable candidate for best superhero ever. Just rules.

-AC

BenjaminJGrimm
Who?-kid: Spider-man ROCKS too. THE THING would have to get him with reach. Throw something to knock him down from where ever he's hanging around from, say an SUV or something. And get his mitts on him. Like with most land based powerhouses would have to do with The Web-head. (Hulk, Juggs, Herc, sorry everyone Colossus ETC.) Spider-man would have to try and stay away and fight from a relative distance. and hope that somebody else comes along to help out. His webs are pretty much just a nuisance to THE THING. But thats part of Spidey's thing to try and get guys out of their game. Mind games. Thats one of the the things that makes Spider-man so damn cool. Props to him.

Just don't get to close. Snap! Like in The New Avengers close quarters is where he does his best work.

BJG

who?-kid
Well, there is a Spider-Man vs Thing thread somewhere, if you want, we can discuss it further there.

But Spider-Man has knocked DOWN and OUT Rhino more than once. Thing won't have much problems.

Zahit
Rhino is actually almost as strong as Thing, but Thing's way smarter,
better fighter, better everything really. Rhino can run faster. That's it.
Thing should beat Rhino pretty handily. Good fight, especially if Rhino
successfuly charges him, but Thing should win.

Eden Unicorn
Ya i think this is one of the better fights. Rhino has that horn don't forget. That makes a big impression on anyone, xept maybe Hulk or Juggs. And he has his fist and boots. I think in this fight the Thing has his hands full. I don't see Ben as being able to take on the hulk in a rage or Juggs., not unless he can punch him over a pit into a nuc. generator.
Remember Rhino is near impervious with that skin. beer

Lord-of-Dreams
I say Rhino. Want to know why?? He can run at Thing with his horn. HAHAHA!!(quote from Countquan-rhinovsapocolypse)This is a grimm day for Rhino.

BenjaminJGrimm
Believe me! Rhino won't be gettin horny wit me... And he should be using his superior running ability to be running far, far, away as fast as he can, as if he was the a big horny gingerbread man. Thank you! Thank you! I'll be here all weekend, remember to tip your waiters and waitresses. Baudump-bump.

BJG

juggernaut74
Rhino puts up a good fight. But in the end Thing kicks his @ss yancy style.

IRTMU-Dragon
Rhino's horn is crappy compared to Juggernaut or Hulk... The Thing cant handle the horn...

Anyways... I dunno, and benjamin grimm sounds like hes a main marvel guy just voting for the generic heroes like "spidermans the best, so is thing, so is Captain america"

Victor Von Doom
Rhino sucks, big time. He'd go down.

BenjaminJGrimm
no IRTMU-Dragon

Anyways... I dunno, and benjamin grimm sounds like hes a main marvel guy just voting for the generic heroes like "spidermans the best, so is thing, so is Captain america"

While i admit that i follow Marvel mostly, i do also enjoy DC and their heroes too. I've never said that Spider-man was the best. THE THING is my guy and yes he is a Marvel character. And Caps cool and is arguably the best fighter in Marvel I.E. i picked Cap. Wolverine isn't to far behind him though. The only Marvel vs. DC i've picked was THE THING over Wonder Woman. And really The Rhino is some what of a B villain, and wouldn't last long against THE THING as most of us have agreed. I love JLA it's some of the best stuff out there. Supes is Supes, and everyone's afraid of a big black bat, GL is great. ETC. So i guess if thinking that the best of Marvels characters really are that great at what they do best is a bad thing? I don't wanna be right. I'm sorry i don't know but, who's your guy? Are they in Marvel or DC? And do you like one companies work better than the other? Or their heroes? I think most comic geeks would say that they had a preference one way or another in all of those instances. I could be wrong i guess.

GO DC.

BJG

Lord-of-Dreams
Rhino is really just a buffed up dude in a rhino costume. Grimm is a sperstrong/durable/... guy. He isn't gonna have too much trouble here.
Cap is not the best fighter in Marvel!! Black Panther smoked his ass in Black Panther #1 (the new one) but perhaps this is wrong to use as an example as it's level of canon-nes has not yet been declared officialy.

IRTMU-Dragon
Your upset I said he cant handle the horn Ben?

I didnt say he couldnt beat him, sorry about the fanboy comment... its just generally people who take there name from an actual character on here, support that character above anyone else in all fights no matter what the odds.

Lord-of-Dreams
yep, I know what you mean. No hatred. And I was kidding about Rhino's horn. Like I said, he's just some buffed out thug in a dumb halloween suit. It's all about the Benjamn, baby!!

GRIMM THING
Actually they did go head to head in a THING comic. I have not read it in a while but if I recall correctly the THING was puttin a good beating on him (even trying not to hurt him too badly) when Rhino finally runs off and THING had to go find him. When he does the story line had something to do with RHINO being sick of having to be RHINO.

Sorry for the vaugness. It's been a while but it def. did occur.

Arsenal
Here's the comic cover

kgkg
kool hey they both in new york a battle why not i sprise spider don't seem to meet lot of new yoker there are more than 30 heros in the city you wonder what they are doing.

GRIMM THING
That's the one Arsenal - thanks!

BenjaminJGrimm
Lord-of-Dreams

My quote: And Caps cool and is arguably the best fighter

Key word is ARGUABLY there. I think he probably is, but there definitely is only a small hand full guys you can put in that sentence. IMO.

And it definitely is all about the Benjamins. Fo sho.

IRTMU-Dragon

It's all good. You've got no heat from BJG. THE THING is my boy and all, but I'm not so blinded by that to go and say that he's a THOR killer or anything like that. (Although on that note i didn't read the comic but i had
heard that during one of the THOR runs set in the future a little ways THE THING and THE HULK were sent to try and take out Goldilocks who only had one of his arms and they couldn't get er done anybody have any knowledge about that?) Sorry i got off track. But you get the gist.

THE THING vs Onslaught vs Ditka

It's still gotta be Ditka.

See i'm impartial.

BJG

muffin man
the everlovin blue eyed thing would whip the rhinos horny tushy

I realise there is no horn on the rhinos butt.

ScarletSpider
Rhino's a feeb. Ben takes it of course.

long pig
The Thing has been beefed up considerably since the last rhino/thing fight, Rhino is not in his league right now.
and grimm its ok to be a marvel geek! hell, its commendable!
marvel is the king of comics right now...appropriatly so i may add!
grimm whatd you think about wolvie takin on thing? that pissed me off.

muffin man
I thing could definatly do it as the pointy form how did he turn back?

BenjaminJGrimm
I think that they punked him out. 1 stab in the shoulder and he's down. BS. How many guys has Wolvie stuck with those claws into numerous times during a fight? Thousands?

I was irate. I don't remember whom the writer was on that one but he had to be an X-FAN.

No way, not even in hell would that happen. PERIOD!

BJG

Zahit
It wasn't just the fact that ONE SHOT from Wolverine took down Thing...
...it was the indignity of having Thing down on all fours afterwards!!!!
Thing (who's fought Hulk more than anyone) gets into doggy-style
position after getting stabbed once??!!???!!????
That writer deserves a spit in the eye for that.

Mainstream
got to go with Thing though I could see this fight being close.

Tony Stark
I agree! That was sad. I believe both eyes need to be spat upon.

IMO

snoopdogg
Thing wins this brawl. Rhino is no slouch he does have a victory over grey Hulk which is impressive. I think his horn even penetrated grey Hulks skin.

Arsenal
After a long, drawn out battle, Rhino would realize that he's no match for Thing and bow down to him. Thing would then proceed to force Rhino into a fetal position and penetrate him with his own horn.

savagerampage
This is a real close match both guys are pretty much even but i see thing with the slight edge over rhino giving thing the win

t.seeg
i c it like dis the thing gets 30 votes for every 1 of rhinos

snoopdogg
I think these two are pretty much even in strength and durability. Speed goes to Rhino. Thing maybe smarter though and a better fighter.

I would say Thing would win the majority. But he would be banged up at the end.

Wynndar
Modern Thing would beat his @ss. And I dont think Rhino can cause him any harm.

snoopdogg
Modern Thing?

Thats a new one to me. What is special about modern Thing? His entry in the 2005 handbook was same as it ever was.

Anyways I would hardly say it would be easy but Thing should win.

Wynndar
Thing's bigger and stronger now than when he fought Rhino in that appearance. The Handbook is very vague and does concede that the Thing's strength and abilities have varied a lot over the years.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.