ADV Films Boycott...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Corlock Striker

Corlock Striker
As I state in the letter, it seems to me that ADV Films does not view us as intelligent individuals, as they seem to think they can steal money from us in a rather glaring manner. I really feel we need to show them that such is not the case. Who's with me?

Their website is www.advfilms.com. They do not post their e-mail address anywhere on their site. However, you can send them an e-mail by clicking on the DVD link at the top of their page, and then the contact link on the page that pops up.

What can we achieve with boycott, you ask? It's our money that keeps a lot of these companies afloat. It is us Otaku, and our willingness to purchase what these companies release, with our money, that allows these companies to make a profit. We're their source of income, and we are their source of income by choice. As we choose to spend our money on anime, we can also choose not to spend it on anime. Or more specifically to not spend it on anime released by companies that try and rip us off in a most glaring manner.

Considering that, it's time we let these companies know that if they want us to spend our hard earned money on their products, they had better make it worth our while to spend our money on their products. Because in the end, if they don't, then we won't buy them. And they therefore, won't make any money. Now is the time to show these companies that we will no longer tolerate being kicked around and ripped off, that we support their use of unfair business practices.

It's time we let them know that we demand that we be given the respect that continued customers of any company deserve. That we will not support companies who do not treat us with that respect. That we will continue to not support such companies, until they make it known to us that they will treat us with the respect that we deserve, that we are owed.

We understand that these companies need to make money, that there are a lot of costs to importing and releasing an anime series in the US, especially due to dubbing. We understand that even though most true Otaku don't like dubbed anime and won't watch it, these companies still need to dub series. Because if they don't, it is almost garanteed that the series won't be aired on television. Even though these companies need to cover a lot of costs, that does not equate to them having the right to rob us blind.

There is a happy medium, where they can cover their costs and make a decent amount of profit, while providing their customers with a product that is worth spending money on. Perhaps only barely worth spending money on, but still worth spending money on. Granted we'd much prefer a system that reduced the cost for us greatly. However, we will be satisfied with the happy medium. In fact that is all we are asking for. We will be satisfied with the happy medium, because we want these companies to stay in business, so that more anime comes over to the states. However, if a company tries to rob us blind. Therefore straying from the happy medium, we will let them know our displeasure.

Our method? No longer supporting any of their products, until they return to the happy medium, in other words a boycott. We can do this, I can't.

My letter to ADV Films saying I'm boycotting their products, even though such a boycott from me, over forty or more years, will probably cost them thousands of dollars, possibly tens of thousands of dollars, won't make much of a difference to them. Because, let's face it, I'm one single anime fan. Though I might boycott ADV there are probably nine other anime fans that will buy just as much of ADVs products as I would, that aren't boycotting ADV. At least that's how ADV Films will look at it, unless of course they get lots and lots of simliar letters from many anime fans, and not just one.

Please, also remember, that simply no longer buying products released by ADV Films is not enough. It will help, but all they will truly see is a slump in sales. A slump they won't know the reason for. If you are going to join this boycott, you need to send ADV Films a letter of intent, ie a letter stating you are boycotting all of their products until such a time as they change their business practices. Because when they see a drastic slump in sales, and they know it is because of a boycott of their products, they'll change their business practices. If they just see a slump in sales, and have no known reason for it, they'll just go out of business, and no changes will be made to the American Anime Industry.

These companies have to know we are boycotting, why we are boycotting, and how they can end the boycott, if we are to effect change. It is for these reasons that everyone who joins this boycott, absolutely must send a letter of intent to ADV Films, stating that they are boycotting products released by ADV Films. One letter of intent isn't enough, they'll ignore it. Multiple letters of intent from differnt individuals? Suddenly they'll understand this is a real boycott. And then they'll see the slump in sales and know what caused such a slump in sales. Then they just might do what we ask in order to reverse that trend.

sai12
Wow...that is quite...moving messed

I wish you had a reply letter to show us!

Flame Alchemist
Wow!How long did that take to wright.
Most of the dvds I've rented are 3 or 4 volumes with 8,9,or 10 episodes on it.I'll tell you the name or names of the companies if you'd like.

TrAnCeDuO
sorry but you lost me by the first 4 paragraphs...can someone please summarize all this to me?

Zen2nd

TrAnCeDuO
thought so...take marketing sometime...youll realize that they do this stuff all the time. plus i hate to be the pessimist but more than likely theyll just throw your letter away.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.