Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman vs. Captain America/Thor/Iron Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Battle of the Big Threes!

completely featureless environment
no outside influences
at normal power levels ( Thor does not have the OdinForce/Iron Man has his common armour/ Wonder Woman is not a Goddess/ Superman is not Prime etc. )
NO PREPTIME
Usual equipment (i.e. Thor's hammer, Captain America's shield, Wonder Woman's lasso, etc.)
Do or Die / No holds barred.

Discuss!

doctorstrongbad
Okay Thor takes out superman. Thor's hammer is magic and supes is weak vs. magic. It would still be a good fight. Captain America vs. batman is also a good close fight. I say Cap can win this. His high level human strength and endurance pluse his shield to protect him from Batman's batarangs. Iron man Vs. Wonderwoman another hard fight. They both can fly but iron man has repulse lazers and missles. Wonder woman has her lasso but iron man is an expert flyer. He can stick and move with the best of them. Marvel wins this one.

Capt.JK
I have absolutely nothing left to add to the brilliant statement above. Marvel wins.

Draco69
up

doctorstrongbad
Thanks for the props, I was just calling it as I see it.

theflyxx
Well, that pretty much covers that.

Ironmanpower
Marvel Threes.

BenjaminJGrimm
Marvels Three. I agree.

BJG

kgkg
Ya Wonder woman bight be problem for Iron man even if he was troble i sure Thor will be there to back him up after is beats superman

Arsenal
D to the C. Cap beats Batman and Wonder Woman definately beats Iron Man. The battle out of three that is most difficult to call is Thor and Superman but I still think Supes beats goldilocks.

Draco69
Well, I might as well add my two cents.

Let's analyze the characters first :

Captain America : adept martial artist , master strategist , vibranium shield.

Batman : master of 127 martial art styles, master tacititan, sophisticated gadgets

Superman : Excess of 100 ton strength, invulnerability, superspeed, heat vision, freeze breath, tornado breath, etc.

Thor : Excess of 100 ton strength, invulnerability, magic hammer that has complete control over the elements, teleportation with hammer, eons of fighting experience.

Wonder Woman : Excess of 100 ton strength, invulnerability, superspeed, unbreakable lasso, unbreakable silver bracelets, thousands of years of fighting experience and combat training.

Iron Man : highly sophisticated armour with repulsor blasts, missles, Mach 10 flight, etc.

Now doctorstrongbad did the predictable route: He paired the obviously compatible characters to fight each other.

Superman vs. Thor : No arguments.

Captain America vs. Batman : We'll get to this later.

Wonder Woman vs. Iron-Man : Any repulsor blasts can be deflected and dodged. Iron Man would have a hard time countering a person moving at the speed of sound and pummeling him with near-Superman level strength. Iron Man loses.

But here is my view : When Thor enters the battle. What does he say? Usually he cries out something to the effect of " THOU ART YIELD AGAINST THE GOD OF THUNDER, THOR!" Something like that. Let's see. A guy hovering around with a seemingly magic hammer and proclaiming that he is the actual god of thunder, Thor. Superman has already met his universe's Thor so he sees striking similarities between them. Calls himself Thor? Check. Magic hammer that sprouts lightening out of nowhere? Check. Well golly gee. Superman being the bright guy he is won't attack Thor. He knows he's very vulnerable to magic. So why the heck would he attack a god with magic. Instead, Wonder Woman will attack Thor. Why? She's resistant to magic. She'll last a hell of lot longer against Thor than Superman. Will she win? Most likely not.

Now lets stop a minute and go to the battle between Captain America and Batman. Both of their respective teammates know better than to interfere with their battles so its logical that they will butt out. Both are very good fighters. Both are master tacitians. However Captain America has a indestructible vibranium shield. And Batman has a truckload of gadgets. A casual observer would say that Cap would win because he's stronger, faster and has a indestructible shield. Right? Wrong. Captain America is a very honorable guy. Batman is cheating bastard. He does not know the meaning of fighting fair. Cap would try to knock out his opponent the conventional way. But Batman doesn't play fair. He plays to win. No matter how. Alot of the batarangs would surely be deflected by Cap's shield and uncanny prowess. But Batman has other things up his sleeve. Like ultrasonics. Like vomit gas. Like tear gas. Like disorienting flash pellets. A whole lot of toys. Will Batman use them? Hell yes. While Captain America is puking his guts out, reeling from the ultrasonic barrage, blinded from the bright flashes, and crying like a girl from the tear gas, Batman swoops in and administers a blow to his solar plexus rendering him unconscious. Batman does not play fair. He plays dirty. Cap loses.

Now Iron Man has to contend with the Man of Steel, while Thor dukes it out with Wonder Woman. This is obvious. Iron Man loses.

Now Wonder Woman has been putting up a great fight. But's she's not quite as strong, or tough, or skilled as Thor. But she lasted longer than Superman would. All of sudden a red and blue blur hits him from behind. What's that? It's Superman. Poor Iron Man has been reduced to scrap metal in mere seconds. Now Thor has to battle the combined might of WW AND Superman. Thor puts up a great fight but he ultimately loses.

DC's Big Three Win

Arsenal
Very good post Draco. I especially liked "Both of their respective teammates know better than to interfere with their battles so its logical that they will butt out."

Draco69
Thank you very much. smile

David Duchovony
Draco, I must tip my hat to you, that was utterly brilliant.

kgkg
yes draco nice senerio but don't you think thor will finish of wonder woman before superman can interfere i personally thing he can , if this a fight to death like thor was to do anything think to win i think thor will be a big problem, but if it's just a fight for who gets the pizza then ya.

But they will need both Sups and WW to get Thor

but can go wither way i guess

Draco69
Thanks again smile

Draco69
WW will certainly last long enough for Superman to help. WW is no stranger to fighting gods. She's already met her universe's Thor. And she's studied Norse God fighting techniques under DC's Thor's wing. She'd last a very long time. In this battle, Iron Man would last about 30 to 60 seconds against Superman. It would be no contest. Superman knows that time is of the essence so he wouldn't waste his time on Iron Man. A few Class 100 hits at superspeed and Iron Man goes down. Wonder Woman will have a few bruises from fighting Thor but when Superman and her tag-team Thor, Thor loses.

kgkg
yes i thinking think about superman yes that's true Iron man won't last long against sups . how you think it will be if it was HUlk instead of Iron man?

Draco69
If it was Hulk/Thor/Captain America than DC's Big Three will most likely lose.

kgkg
ya same here it all depend who faces HUlk i think if Superman faces hulk they can win but if WW faces HUlk then Marvel win.

Draco69
True.

Tron
Draco' where'd you get that sig from?

Draco69
http://members.lycos.co.uk/comicheroes/home.htm

pr1983
i think this is an unfair fight...

dc wins... the only one i think stark can take is batman...

the others'd cream him...

Draco69
*Shrugs*

Draco69
up

Cosmic Cube
I must disagree.

Thor is capable of warp speed travel using Mjolnir's flight. That is far faster than the speeds Superman or Wonder Woman can achieve. Without flight, he still has "godlike strength, speed, endurance and resistance to injury," Wonder Woman is no match for Thor. To defeat Wonder Woman, all he has to do is use his Warrior Fury, or any sort of divine energy attack, as Wonder Woman's durability is limited.

Captain America wins against Batman. Captain America is also master of many, many forms of combat. In the Marvel Encyclopedia, Captain America is listed as a Level 7 fighter, which is defined as "a master of all forms of combat." Cap has hit the Hulk with a couple of moves that he could feel. Captain America's a devoutly honorable fighter? Tell that to Bruce Banner. After Wasp forced Hulk to revert, Cap deceived Bruce into thinking he had a cut on his face, then kicked Bruce in the jaw, knocking him out. Captain America can be equally as "ruthless;" he's much stronger, faster, he's an equally adept fighter, and he has an indestructible shield that he throws with deadly velocity and accuracy. Batman being a "cheater" isn't enogh to put him over in this fight. In a featureless environment, how bad can you cheat?

This is an underestimation of Iron Man. Iron Man's armor is no ordinary armor. It is not easily permeable. He has taken punches from Onslaught Hulk, and others without- Superman nor Wonder Woman would be able to easily deck Iron Man and knock him out. Iron Man is equally as fast, if not faster than Wonder Woman. His suit has the capacity to lift over 100 tons, He's far more intelligent than Wonder Woman, Superman, and arguably more intelligent than Batman. He will not be a sitting duck. Not in the least. Repulsor-Blasts, the Uni-Beam, and the rest of Iron Man's arsenal will be quite alot for Superman or Wonder Woman to deal with. Iron Man is a survivor. He could last long enough against Wonder Woman or Superman to be aided by Thor, who would defeat either of the two rather quickly.

Ironmanpower
I agree Cosmic cube about Iron man, Iron man is the one who can fight every one, he have something to every situations. He have energy absorbing system who can absorb all form of energy like cosmic, fire, light, cold anything to boost his armor. So he can suck all the solar energy from superman who will became an ordinary man. And for Diana I'm sorry but she can't block his repulsor ray, Its biggest weakness of her, she can't block something who will push his entire body with only his arm.

Swanky-Tuna
Iron Man can operate at the speed of sound? That sounds a little false.

Ironmanpower
he can go far faster than the speed of sound... the 5th armor he build was able to go at Mach 1,3. Mach 1 = speed sound. Now he wear his 23th, iam not sure.

kgkg
"he can go far faster than the speed of sound... the 5th armor he build was able to go at Mach 1,3. Mach 1 = speed sound. Now he wear his 23th, iam not sure."

well he may be able to fly that fast i hardly doubt he can react , that fast there is a big difference.

But Ironman is no Push over.

Thor will take down WW with ease.
Superman will beat Ironman
Cap will beat Batman.

then THor will go after Superman and beat him up to.

K3VIL
Thor, regular version or King Thor would beat down Superman anyway.
Mjolnir is one of the most powerful magical artifacts in the whole universe.Mix it with Thor's physical powers and Superman is toast, thanks magic weakness.

IM can beat WW.How?She has a weakness against repulsor weapons.
What's IM regular and most known weapon?Repulsor Ray.

Captain America will have the fight of his life against Bat, but finally do the job thanks to his shield.

LordFear
Cap doesn't tire easily. Bats would tire before Cap.
IM wouldn't go down that quickly against Supes. Supes would have to exhaust all of IM's three sources of energy. Solar, beta particle generator and an internal flux machine.
WW would try to pound Thor but she gets too emotional when she fights and she gets wreckless when faced against an opponent of high caliber. Thor would probably end the fight quickly because he sees IM in trouble. Teleports WW to another dimension pending him kicking her ass. Doubles up on Supes then both of them go back after WW and eventually eliminates her. Cap and Bats go at it to the end until Bruce tires, trying to switch various styles of fighting against Steve who has one that he perfected which can outclass most fighting techniques. Ulitimately Cap wins. Gave over!!!

theflyxx
Cap, Thor and Iron Man would win.

The deciding factor would be Thor.

Iron Man could keep WW busy until Thor disposes of Supes. Thor would then help IM take out WW if necessary, leaving Cap and Batman going at it. Cap would eventually beat Batman in a tough fight, and would have the help of Thor and IM if need be.

Linkalicious
I'm going with DC's big three.

Wonder Woman is too fast and too skilled at hand to hand combat to allow Iron Man to just bombard her with high tech weaponry. Iron Man's amazing speed is a mute point when talking about his fight. He may be able to travel at an alleged Mach 10, but at no point during the fight will he ever be traveling remotely that speed.

Batman vs. Captain America is like the best matchup ever. I'd say that they stalemate eachother, but for the sake of the thread I'll decide a winner. I'm going to side with Batman on this one, though I realize Captain America is an excellent hand to hand fighter, and he has a distinguishable strength advantage over Batman....I'm with the feeling that Cap's shield is too one dimensional against the likes of Batman with a utility belt. Batman is also an excellent hand to hand fighter, and with his array of "toys" from his utility belt....I'm sure he can shift the fight in his favor.

Thor vs. Superman is a much debated subject. Off the bat I'm going to point out that even Thor's most earth shattering lightning bolt will have little to no effect on Superman. The speed Thor gains from Mjolnir is another mute point because Thor isn't in a race, he's in a fight. Superman has quickness...the kind that can be used to take advantage of the situation. I don't think he's fast enough to keep that advantage with Thor because Thor will easily be able to adapt to any sort of speed based attacks. Meh....I'm going to go with Thor on this one because of his hammer. I think in hand to hand combat Superman would take Thor, but with Mjolnir, Thor hits with too much force for Superman to sit there and trade blows back and forth.

An excellent fight, I could most certainly see this fight going either way, but I'm going to go with DC for the win here.

LordFear
so you think Thor is just gonna sit there and let IM get smashed by WW and Cap get beaten up by Bats? With Supes out the way who will challenge Thor?

Linkalicious
By the same token...

Do you think Batman and Wonderwoman are going to just sit there and watch Superman get smashed by Thor?

I can easily see Thor vs. Superman lasting longer than either of the other two fights. That would mean Wonder Woman and Batman are the ones freed up to help Supes....not the other way around.

kgkg
"
Thor vs. Superman is a much debated subject. Off the bat I'm going to point out that even Thor's most earth shattering lightning bolt will have little to no effect on Superman"

that's untrue the source of thor powers are magic a full blast from his hammer will be lethal.

LordFear
Bats dies very quickly from that outcome. Leaves WW who can be teleported while Thor tackles Supes and then comes back for WW. Did u forget that he can use Mjolnir for teleportation at his whim?

Linkalicious
And you know this for a fact? confused

The means of conjuring the lightning bolt is magical...the lightning bolt itself is not magical...it's electricity.

Juggernaut took Thor's best lightning bolt and proclaimed "hehehe....that tickeled...Do It AGAIN!"

I understand the difference between Juggernaut and Superman, but you've got to be joking me if you think Superman would find a lightning bolt lethal while Juggernaut finds it laughable.

Linkalicious
Originally posted by LordFear
Bats dies very quickly from that outcome. Leaves WW who can be teleported while Thor tackles Supes and then comes back for WW. Did u forget that he can use Mjolnir for teleportation at his whim?

Where are you getting this crap from?

How does Batman die? Do you really think he's going to go running at Thor? What the f**k?

and how in the hell is Wonder Woman going to get teleported when Thor has his hands full with Superman?

Thor has to swing his hammer around in the air and conjur a portal...he doesn't just blink and make it happen.

One shot to the back from Wonder Woman and Thor's done. He'd get pummeled by Superman and Wonder Woman from there on out.

kgkg
"The means of conjuring the lightning bolt is magical...the lightning bolt itself is not magical...it's electricity."

lighting comes from his hammer , and he doesn't need lightning just a few good hits and superman is down.

Juggernaut took Thor's best lightning bolt and proclaimed "hehehe....that tickeled...Do It AGAIN!"

Jugs is protected from magic , and physical harm. While Superman can be hurt by magic and stong physical force , which by the way thor has both and more skill at his side

Thor is a God who will make Superman Cry. The key to his victory will be his Hammer.

Even if superman wasn't immune to magic he whould still go down , agaisnt the God of Tunder.

what will superman do???

LordFear
linkalicious you are outta your fu***&& mind dude!!!!
Bats is gonna do what to counter Thor's blows???huh
his belt???wtf are u talking about
furthermore WW is gonna hit him in the back and he goes down like that huh????Thank God you don't do the writing for Marvel!!!!
Thor can't take a few seconds to conjure up a portal, why cuz Supes will be blitzing him? So Thor can't fly away and not fight while teleporting?
Dude whatever!!!!

theflyxx
Superman is very susceptible to magic.

Thor's hammer, Mjonir, is mystically enchanted and magical in nature. Thor wouldn't even need to hit Superman with lightning. Thor could simply just pummel Superman into unconsciousness with it.

Naturally of course he would do this right after teleporting WW elsewhere to deal with her later. Then he and Iron Man could double team Supes, whip him, and then take care of WW at his leisure.

Pepito
Iron Man is pretty underrated in that everyone concentrates on his average (compared to other powerhouses) strength. He has a vast array of weapons and so with Thor supporting him and Cap formulating apla and keeping Bats from slinking off to make a strategy dc are going down after a long fight. Thor's lightning will also be a huge boon to marvel.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Iron Man can operate at the speed of sound? That sounds a little false.

Yes, Iron Man can fly much faster than sound, up to Mach 10. It's right in the Marvel Encyclopedia. He does not have to rely on his reflexes to react to everything; that is the purpose of his armor's sentience. The armor can react independantly to threats. Iron Man also has photon shields that he could use to shield himself.

LordFear
People seem to believe that the armor is not sentient. That's the purpose of having an AI computer system in your armor. So when u fight guys way above your head, the armor can keep up with their attacks

K3VIL
Batman
Captain America will face a tough enemy, maybe his greatest challenge, but finally beat down Batman and then go having a rest.Seriously, with his shield and major experience Cap can do the job

Wonder Woman
She's vulnerable to repulsor based weapons.What's Iron Man most common weapon?Repulsor Ray.He need 1shot to put her out of game.
Maybe 2, Omni Beam, then Repulsor Ray.She wouldn't know that IM is equipped with what is her "kryptonite" she'll think here comes another dude in armor with jet boots.

Superman
He's vulnerable to magic.Captain Marvel a.k.a. SHAZAM knocked him unconscious with two fists, charged by his magical lightning.
Mjolnir is one of the most powerful magical artifcats in the Universe.Thor just need to use it and his best and pummel Superman to death or unconscious.

kgkg
"One shot to the back from Wonder Woman and Thor's done. He'd get pummeled by Superman and Wonder Woman from there on out."

wtf thor is gonna ***** slap her

his much quicker with his hammer/stronger etc

and why whould he need to telepot them when he can beat the shit out of WW.

and why are they gonna double team him?

Linkalicious
Originally posted by kgkg
lighting comes from his hammer , and he doesn't need lightning just a few good hits and superman is down.

The lightning comes from the sky...not from his hammer.

As I stated before...I fully understand both of these characters powers. But thanks for the recap. wink Actually Jugs is protect BY magic, his protection from magic is questionable at best. Shatterstar was able to plant a knife in his eye and put him through a fair amount of pain.

Thor can also be hurt by strong physical force, and his intelligence level is not as high as Superman. Hulk is dumb enough to go blow for blow with Thor and Mjolnir.....give Superman's intelligence a little more credit than that.

You're joking right?

Which is why I said that Thor would be able to defeat Superman....if you read my original arguement.

Pretty much the exact same thing that Thor does...only better. He's Superman.

Linkalicious
linkalicious you are outta your fu***&& mind dude!!!!
Bats is gonna do what to counter Thor's blows???huh
his belt???wtf are u talking about
furthermore WW is gonna hit him in the back and he goes down like that huh????Thank God you don't do the writing for Marvel!!!!
Thor can't take a few seconds to conjure up a portal, why cuz Supes will be blitzing him? So Thor can't fly away and not fight while teleporting?
Dude whatever!!!!

Right the guy who is smart enough to single handedly dismantle the JLA is going to be dumb enough to go toe-to-toe with Thor. roll eyes (sarcastic)

No...you're entirely right. While Thor is busy paying attention to Superman while giving him the business...it's completely IMPOSSIBLE to believe that someone as puny and weak as Wonder Woman could ever do something incredible like sucker punch Thor in the back. Of course Thor will just shrug it off as if a fly landed on his back anyways, but you're entirely right....she's incapable of such spectacular feats. yes

So now you've gone from Thor standing and fighting Superman....to Thor running away and creating a teleportation warp for Superman to fall into.

Right....and I'm the one who shouldn't be writing comics. wink

Considering I picked DC to win this fight....I would hope I didn't write for Marvel either.

LordFear
Link c'mon man really all insults and sarcasm aside.
Your scenario doesn't hold weight and you know it.
THERE IS NOTHING BATMAN CAN DO WITHOUT PREP TO WITHSTAND ONE BLOW FROM THOR!!! bottom line.
THe man took down JLA with prep time of what months/years???
Do you know how long it takes to think of ways to stop these guys.
The thread didn't mention prep therefore it's an impromptu battle. Bat's is going down and that's it. Let's just assume that Bat's beat Cap, do u think that's a simple task? It would take all of his resources (belt) and physical prowesses to do so. Afterwards Bats is gonna hide to try and recover from his injuries. Let's be fair about things here folks!!!

kgkg
You're joking right?

no really i am not joking , Thor can do what superman does strenght , speed well not to the max but magic is gonna help him put superman.

Even if superman wasn't weak agaisn't magic the battle could go either way.

I don't undertand what you trying to say. they going to double team Thor? then of course his gonna go down.

But i hope you agree that Thor can take Down sups.

what about this senerio:

Thor takes down Sups.
WW takes down Iron Man
Cap and Bat- no one is winning

then it whould be Thor vs WW - Thor wins
cap and bat - it doesn't really matter once THor is free.

and i don't think IronMan is That weak to get knock out Fast either.

ur giving a senerio that could happend but will it.

I don't think so unless WW beat the shit out of IronMan really quick.

kgkg
"THe man took down JLA with prep time of what months/years???"

remember batman know all their strenghts and weakness , but with the marvel he won't have jack shit.

LordFear
that's my point kgkg.
I am trying to say that Bats had an advantage and prep time in Tower of Babel issue. Now he is fighting foes unknown to him. His advantages are now stripped from him and makes things a little to his disadvantage.

Linkalicious
Your scenario doesn't hold weight and you know it.

How does it not? You haven't exactly done a decent job descrediting my scenario.

True...but Batman doesn't need "prep time."

People so highly regard this "prep time" but characters like Black Panther, Captain America, and Batman don't need prep time...they are always prepared and always capable of tilting the scale regardless of how mediocre their "super powers" may be.

I think a lot of Marvel supporters are being biased to that fact. If I had said Captain America won against Batman...I would most certainly say that he would continue to be a factor against Wonderwoman and Superman.

Why you aren't willing to do the same is beyond me. The fact of the matter is, although the three I mentioned above are human...they've lived their long elustrious careers right alongside power houses because they can pull their own weight. Not because "one blow" will kill them.

Neither. A matter of days.

YES, he had extensive background knowledge of each character, but I'm taking into account the hundreds of times Batman has been able to plan and scheme while on his feet, and also the fact that these characters have met before in various cross-overs DOES give Batman some knowledge of his opponents.

Minutes...seconds...maybe days......most times, in an instance.

Thanks for your biased opinion. It's dually noted.

Lets be fair then....when has Batman EVER hid and tried to recover while his team was still fighting?

Never.

That's being fair...what you're doing is being completely biased towards the Marvel characters, and in your next post you'll no doubt claim that you're not.

spidermonkey
Oops. Should have used the search function before making my thread. embarrasment

dvampire
Originally posted by Linkalicious
I'm going with DC's big three.

Wonder Woman is too fast and too skilled at hand to hand combat to allow Iron Man to just bombard her with high tech weaponry. Iron Man's amazing speed is a mute point when talking about his fight. He may be able to travel at an alleged Mach 10, but at no point during the fight will he ever be traveling remotely that speed.

Batman vs. Captain America is like the best matchup ever. I'd say that they stalemate eachother, but for the sake of the thread I'll decide a winner. I'm going to side with Batman on this one, though I realize Captain America is an excellent hand to hand fighter, and he has a distinguishable strength advantage over Batman....I'm with the feeling that Cap's shield is too one dimensional against the likes of Batman with a utility belt. Batman is also an excellent hand to hand fighter, and with his array of "toys" from his utility belt....I'm sure he can shift the fight in his favor.

Thor vs. Superman is a much debated subject. Off the bat I'm going to point out that even Thor's most earth shattering lightning bolt will have little to no effect on Superman. The speed Thor gains from Mjolnir is another mute point because Thor isn't in a race, he's in a fight. Superman has quickness...the kind that can be used to take advantage of the situation. I don't think he's fast enough to keep that advantage with Thor because Thor will easily be able to adapt to any sort of speed based attacks. Meh....I'm going to go with Thor on this one because of his hammer. I think in hand to hand combat Superman would take Thor, but with Mjolnir, Thor hits with too much force for Superman to sit there and trade blows back and forth.

An excellent fight, I could most certainly see this fight going either way, but I'm going to go with DC for the win here.

I agree! But I don't think Thor is even fast enough to keep up with Supes if he decides to speedbiltz him. big grin smile laughing

spidermonkey
Originally posted by spidermonkey
Oops. Should have used the search function before making my thread. embarrasment embarrasment

dawsey28
Originally posted by Draco69
Well, I might as well add my two cents.

Let's analyze the characters first :

Captain America : adept martial artist , master strategist , vibranium shield.

Batman : master of 127 martial art styles, master tacititan, sophisticated gadgets

Superman : Excess of 100 ton strength, invulnerability, superspeed, heat vision, freeze breath, tornado breath, etc.

Thor : Excess of 100 ton strength, invulnerability, magic hammer that has complete control over the elements, teleportation with hammer, eons of fighting experience.

Wonder Woman : Excess of 100 ton strength, invulnerability, superspeed, unbreakable lasso, unbreakable silver bracelets, thousands of years of fighting experience and combat training.

Iron Man : highly sophisticated armour with repulsor blasts, missles, Mach 10 flight, etc.

Now doctorstrongbad did the predictable route: He paired the obviously compatible characters to fight each other.

Superman vs. Thor : No arguments.

Captain America vs. Batman : We'll get to this later.

Wonder Woman vs. Iron-Man : Any repulsor blasts can be deflected and dodged. Iron Man would have a hard time countering a person moving at the speed of sound and pummeling him with near-Superman level strength. Iron Man loses.

But here is my view : When Thor enters the battle. What does he say? Usually he cries out something to the effect of " THOU ART YIELD AGAINST THE GOD OF THUNDER, THOR!" Something like that. Let's see. A guy hovering around with a seemingly magic hammer and proclaiming that he is the actual god of thunder, Thor. Superman has already met his universe's Thor so he sees striking similarities between them. Calls himself Thor? Check. Magic hammer that sprouts lightening out of nowhere? Check. Well golly gee. Superman being the bright guy he is won't attack Thor. He knows he's very vulnerable to magic. So why the heck would he attack a god with magic. Instead, Wonder Woman will attack Thor. Why? She's resistant to magic. She'll last a hell of lot longer against Thor than Superman. Will she win? Most likely not.

Now lets stop a minute and go to the battle between Captain America and Batman. Both of their respective teammates know better than to interfere with their battles so its logical that they will butt out. Both are very good fighters. Both are master tacitians. However Captain America has a indestructible vibranium shield. And Batman has a truckload of gadgets. A casual observer would say that Cap would win because he's stronger, faster and has a indestructible shield. Right? Wrong. Captain America is a very honorable guy. Batman is cheating bastard. He does not know the meaning of fighting fair. Cap would try to knock out his opponent the conventional way. But Batman doesn't play fair. He plays to win. No matter how. Alot of the batarangs would surely be deflected by Cap's shield and uncanny prowess. But Batman has other things up his sleeve. Like ultrasonics. Like vomit gas. Like tear gas. Like disorienting flash pellets. A whole lot of toys. Will Batman use them? Hell yes. While Captain America is puking his guts out, reeling from the ultrasonic barrage, blinded from the bright flashes, and crying like a girl from the tear gas, Batman swoops in and administers a blow to his solar plexus rendering him unconscious. Batman does not play fair. He plays dirty. Cap loses.

Now Iron Man has to contend with the Man of Steel, while Thor dukes it out with Wonder Woman. This is obvious. Iron Man loses.

Now Wonder Woman has been putting up a great fight. But's she's not quite as strong, or tough, or skilled as Thor. But she lasted longer than Superman would. All of sudden a red and blue blur hits him from behind. What's that? It's Superman. Poor Iron Man has been reduced to scrap metal in mere seconds. Now Thor has to battle the combined might of WW AND Superman. Thor puts up a great fight but he ultimately loses.

DC's Big Three Win

Nice. smile

supremthor
very nice

roughrider
Hard as it is to believe, Iron Man is the weak link in this scenario. His likely defeat by either Diana or Clark will ensure Marvel's group will eventually succumb, but Thor will go down swinging.

For this to go Marvel's way, or make it closer, Tony needs the Asgardian Armour suit.

EsteemedLeader
Wow, everyone REALLY underestimates Iron Man. He definitely is not going down easily, and he sure as **** isn't going down in thirty seconds.

He is the INVINCIBLE Iron Man after all.

Marvel=DC
GOD do you know what the two really dumb things are about this fight 1 Iron Man he's nothing compared to Superman or Wonder Woman either one he fights he'll lose against easily. 2 they have no knowledge of each other except for the DC team why Batman's smart enough to recognize Thor by the hammer, Superman and Wonder Woman met DC's Thor. In fact Wonder Woman knows of all pantheons the Norse included. So They will be in the Know. Marvel won't i.e. Thor won't know Superman is weak against magic but, Wonder Woman would and she would fight Thor and while she knows what Thor's hammer is capable of he has no idea what her lasso, tiara or bracelets can do. Also if Tony gets the Asgardian Armor than Wonder Woman should get the Gauntlet of Atlas instead of the lasso.

guy222
Current Thor gives Team 2 the win

OneDumbG0
I wonder why everyone thinks Iron Man is such a weak link. He's fought top tier people before. He's beaten Namor when they were underwater, knocked out Savage Hulk and Savage She-Hulk, assimilated Silver Surfer's Power Cosmic on one occasion, hung tough with the Sentry, fought fairly well against Thor and Loki and appears to have most recently stalemated Dr. Doom (if it weren't for his magic). And these feats occurred without any special Thorbuster or Hulkbuster armors.

He could definitely hang with Superman and Wonder Woman for a while. And current Thor w/ Odinpower is obviously going to win. But even with classic Thor, I'd give the slight nod to Marvel team. But only a slight nod. Although Thor's magic would almost certainly give Superman a terrible time I'll admit, Batman and Superman make a hell of a team and I daresay, the two of them probably have better teamwork then the Avengers. Makes it much harder.

Eon Blue
The DC big three.

Bouboumaster
DC win

Novablast13
wat i have done this thread

guy222
bumprav

Metalmanx
LOLZ at Iron Man taking out Wonder Woman. laughing out loud

DC's Big 3 win. Supes + Wondy - Batman (he dies instantly)= Just too much for Marvel. Now if Thor had someone better on his team, like say...I dunno...Gladiator, then things would be very different. But Thor just can't take both of these two DC beasts by himself.

Philosophía
Superman > Thor
Wonder Woman > Iron Man
Batman > Captain America

Team 1.

OneDumbG0
^ You're doing it wrong.

Avlon

Metalmanx
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ You're doing it wrong.

That's an understatement.

Philosophía
No, actually that is right. smile

Sasaraixx
There has been some very good analysis of this match up. I'm leaning towards the DC heroes myself.

I do think Thor is the strongest member on the battlefield. Ultimately what will determine the outcome is how fast WW or Supes can take out Iron Man. They will need to team up to take down Thor, as 1 on 1, I think Thor would take either one of them down.

Who goes up against Thor depends on who could last the longest against him. Supes has better durability, speed and strength, but WW is more skilled in fighting magical opponents and with her knowledge of Norse mythology, she would possibly have a strategic advantage compared to Supes. I could see Diana working to keep Thor at bay, using her various defensive capabilities, to buy the time needed for Supes to take out IM. She would know that she probably couldn't beat him by herself.

One caveat though - The lasso could play a factor as well. I doubt it would work on Thor, but would it work on IM? If so, he could be removed from the picture quite quickly.

It is most likely that Bats and Cap will go for one another and I'm leaning towards Cap pulling it out after a LONG fight. But by the time this fight finishes, however, you'd have WW & Supes still around after double teaming Thor.

Juk3n
Ironman shouldnt be here, he gets his armor ripped off him at hyperspeed at the go by WW or Supes anyones pick. i dont really understand how Captain America survives here either, as he could also..nay..WOULD also get blitzed at the start, it would be up to THor to pick 1 of these guys to survive, if WW and Supes each targeted a different human. Batman sits this one out as it would take place in the air (at least if WW and Supes are smart).

i know know one is gonna try and convince me Ironmans combat speed is fast enough to react to a full capacity WW or Supes, same goes for Cap..so ONE OF THEM is definetley out at the 'go'. Smart money goes on team 1 blitzing ironman and taking to the sky to battle Thor, leaving Bats and Cap to duke it out.

All imo ofcourse.

Mindset

Darth Martin
Batman and Cap are irrelevant(Batman would win). WW akes out Iron Man like really fast. Then Diana and Kal-El pound Thor.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Metalmanx
That's an understatement. Thor > Superman (slightly)
Wonder Woman > Iron Man
Captain America > Batman

And whether I think Thor gets a 6/10 majority over Superman is irrelevant. The most erroneous part of your statement is that Batman is over Captain America. And Cap is not irrelevant, when he is one of the only Marvel characters that could actually wield Mjolnir.

You're doing it wrong. durhulk

horrorwolf
Thor>Superman straight up.
Cap>Batman with no prep.
Wonderwoman>Ironman easily.

Marvel for the majority.

fangirl101
Speed in this case really does Kill.

Darth Martin
Batman>Captain America w/ or w/o prep because of more skill, intelligence, suit, and utility belt.

Mindset
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Batman>Captain America w/ or w/o prep because of more skill, intelligence, suit, and utility belt. No.

OneDumbG0
Batman>Captain America w/ or w/o prep because of more skill, intelligence, suit, and utility belt. No. No. No. No.

Ye-

-WAIT... still no. No. No. No.

Darth Martin
Yes. erm

OneDumbG0
Yes. erm Cap's stronger, faster, more agile, a better leader and has faced greater odds.

Batman has taken in three young boys to be his "enthusiastic young wards."

Cap > Batman. Nuff said.

Mindset
Yes. erm No.

Darth Martin
How is Cap gonna react to various assortments of gas and sonics.

Faux Smurph
Battlezone?

Mindset
How will Batman react to a shield decapitating him...oh yea, he'll die. smile

OneDumbG0
How is Cap gonna react to various assortments of gas and sonics. By chucking his shield into Batman's face before he uses them. And you Cap has faced tech-focused opponents before.

Darth Martin
I'm sure he has and Bats has faced people far faster and stronger than Cap.

Mindset
And Cap has faced people far faster and stronger than Batman.

Looks like we're at an impasse.

OneDumbG0
I'm sure he has and Bats has faced people far faster and stronger than Cap. Of course he has. And Cap has faced people far faster and stronger than Batman. But Cap has faced down greater odds throughout his career single-handedly than Batman could ever hope to.

CaptainStoic
What armor is Ironman wearing in this fight? I read that he has his common armor, but that's a little vague. Ironman suits up with what he thinks will work best for him in times of need.

Metalmanx
Thor > Superman (slightly)
Wonder Woman > Iron Man
Captain America > Batman

And whether I think Thor gets a 6/10 majority over Superman is irrelevant. The most erroneous part of your statement is that Batman is over Captain America. And Cap is not irrelevant, when he is one of the only Marvel characters that could actually wield Mjolnir.

You're doing it wrong. durhulk

Wait, I'm confused. Were you directing that towards me? Or simply using my "overstatement" quote?

Because I agreed and still do agree with your assessment 100%.

Redlineshifter
Why do so many people think that Thor can hands down beat Superman, when the only time they met, Superman won? No tricks, no BFR, just a knockout.

snyper1982
Originally posted by Redlineshifter
Why do so many people think that Thor can hands down beat Superman, when the only time they met, Superman won? No tricks, no BFR, just a knockout.

Because they are basically the same character with some slight variations. I doubt you will find any of the rational people on here will give Thor a 10/10, but most will give him a 6 or 7/10 because of supermans weakness to magic, while I tend to lean more towards a superman 6 or 7/10 because of his speed and arguably strength advantage. Then again I am a bit of a supes fanboy, so that is to be expected.

I am of the mind that superman should be the ultimate hero, he should never be able to lose, he should basically become pre-crises sperman again, where he could literally do anything.

Badabing
Onedumb, you're opinion is not fact. If I see anymore trolling or reports from you then it's a warning. Thanks.

liyyu_
Lol is this a contest??. Dc wins and I mean just superman alone. 1 punch to cap and he's rendered useless, 2 or 3 punches to iron man and he's also rendered useless as well. The speed and power is just way beyond them. NOW him vs thor(I really don't know why supes is compared with thor): This fight would last maybe 5 mins max. Supes is waaay faster and stronger + heat vision, cold breath, super fast reflexes, genius level intellect, mad endurance, invulnerability(like mad invulnerability)etc. Yes! Thor has magic. But supes wouldn't give him time to do any of that. A couple of full powered punches from superman and thor is sitting on a wheel chair or even dead. Superman vs thor?? LOL... Superman would slay the avengers. Full powered punches from superman would instantly kill cap, iron man, hawkeye & BW(lol, he'd just flick them with his finger), HULK is the only competition here and the only person that would last longer than the others. Supes still stomps in 10 mins max. Superman is way too underrated..

relentless1
Superman > Thor

Wonder Woman >>>>> Iron Man

Batman = Cap

DC wins

h1a8
Batman can beat Cap because of gadgets
Superman will beat Thor or IM
WW can beat IM or Cap

Thor could beat Batman and possibly WW (although the lasso and speed really gives her the win).
IM can beat Batman.
Cap can't beat anyone here.

DC wins. Thus fight is a little lopsided. I would trade Thor for Surfer at least.

Star428
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
Okay Thor takes out superman. Thor's hammer is magic and supes is weak vs. magic.

LOL... Yeah, right. Because we all know Superman has never beaten anyone who is wielding magic. LMFAO.

Give me a break. Thor can't deal with Clark's speed therefore the "magic hammer" won't help Thor. Superman puts him down. Likewise, WW beats IM pretty easily because of her huge speed advantage over him. Then either Supes or Diana helps Bats easily beat Cap. DC team wins a solid majority. Sorry.

abhilegend
Superman beats the shit out of Thor.

Carry on.

liyyu_
Exactly what I mean @star428

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by relentless1
Superman > Thor

Wonder Woman >>>>> Iron Man

Batman = Cap

DC wins

laughing

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Star428
LOL... Yeah, right. Because we all know Superman has never beaten anyone who is wielding magic. LMFAO.

Give me a break. Thor can't deal with Clark's speed therefore the "magic hammer" won't help Thor. Superman puts him down. Likewise, WW beats IM pretty easily because of her huge speed advantage over him. Then either Supes or Diana helps Bats easily beat Cap. DC team wins a solid majority. Sorry.

Thor has no problem dealing with Superman's speed. Cap destroys Batman and helps Stark being Wonderwoman. They turn to help Thor, but Thor has Superman's measure already.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Thor has no problem dealing with Superman's speed. Cap destroys Batman and helps Stark being Wonderwoman. They turn to help Thor, but Thor has Superman's measure already.
Superman beats Thor. Marvel comics approved.

Are you saying you know better than marvel comics?

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman beats Thor. Marvel comics approved.

Are you saying you know better than marvel comics?

Marvel comics said Thor has Superman's measure and that Thor was his toughest opponent. D.C. approved. Do you know something D.C. doesn't?

Star428
Sounds like a certain Thor fan is butthurt over JLA/Avengers. Quick question: Who won? Feats are what matters not what a character says. He/she can claim "Oh, I have your number now so I will whip your butt next time" all they like but it doesn't mean anything until they actually do it.

Supermex
Once Thor sees Superman hurt Tony or Steve in a bad way, Thor will unleash the rath of the thunder god on all 3 of them..

Question Is will the 3 survive Thor, if Thor unleashes?

abhilegend
Marvel comics said Thor has Superman's measure and that Thor was his toughest opponent. D.C. approved. Do you know something D.C. doesn't?
Thor said Superman did something nobody in nine realms could. Marvel comics approved.

So superman>Odin, right?

Thor said he got Superman's measure which by his own words is beyond anyone in Nine realms.

He didn't even said he could beat Superman. Superman actually beat the **** out of him.

thumb upOriginally posted by Supermex
Once Thor sees Superman hurt Tony or Steve in a bad way, Thor will unleash the rath of the thunder god on all 3 of them..

Can Thor survive Superman going all out?

I'll answer that for you, no.

Zack M
Team 1.

Blue Area Vet
Thor said Superman did something nobody in nine realms could. Marvel comics approved.

So superman>Odin, right?

Thor said he got Superman's measure which by his own words is beyond anyone in Nine realms.

He didn't even said he could beat Superman. Superman actually beat the **** out of him.

thumb up
Can Thor survive Superman going all out?

I'll answer that for you, no.

That's WTF Thor said and D.C. approvied. If you don't like it,, then stop quoting altogether.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Supermex

He'd go the **** off.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Star428
Sounds like a certain Thor fan is butthurt over JLA/Avengers. Quick question: Who won? Feats are what matters not what a character says. He/she can claim "Oh, I have your number now so I will whip your butt next time" all they like but it doesn't mean anything until they actually do it.

Says you, right? If you want to join the discussion, then join the discussion. We are talking about what Marvel and D.C. approved at the moment and we aren't going to pick and choose unless someone is butt hurt. If you don't think it means anything, then goodbye, you aren't in the discussion. This is what the other guy brought up.

juggerman
Team DC wins

Based
Superman > Thor
Wonder Woman >>>> Iron Man
Batman < Cap

abhilegend
That's WTF Thor said and D.C. approvied. If you don't like it,, then stop quoting altogether.
Just like Thor saying Superman is stronger than everybody in nine realms.

Marvel comics approved. Stop talking.

thumb up

quanchi112
Just like Thor saying Superman is stronger than everybody in nine realms.

Marvel comics approved. Stop talking.

thumb up Post what he actually said. You are twisting again. Superman marveled at Thor's power. Undeniable.

Blue Area Vet
Superman bust a nut when he felt the power of Mjolnir, D.C. approved.

abhilegend
Superman bust a nut when he felt the power of Mjolnir, D.C. approved.
He is still the strongest guy in nine realms according to Thor.

Marvel approved.

quanchi112
He is still the strongest guy in nine realms according to Thor.

Marvel approved. Post the scan.

liyyu_
Batman and WW don't are just too much. Supes destroys thor in some mins, Then destroys the avengers in some mins too

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by quanchi112
Post the scan.

It's in his sig.

Insane Titan
Thor needs better partners

-Pr-
Guys, no more crossovers. Seriously. You'll end up getting banned if you keep bringing it in to threads when you've been asked/told not to.

Juk3n
Comes down to Superman and WW vs Thor. DC wins, theres no reason superman shouldn't crush ironman in a few seconds.

DarkSaint85
Batman vs Thor: Thor wins.
WW vs Iron Man: WW wins.
Superman vs Cap: Superman wins.

evil face

carver9
Originally posted by Juk3n
Comes down to Superman and WW vs Thor. DC wins, theres no reason superman shouldn't crush ironman in a few seconds.

What Herald has crushed Ironman in a few seconds?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
What Herald has crushed Ironman in a few seconds?

Hulk.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Hulk.

Hulk is skyfather. Who else?

DarkSaint85

Namor. Wait, hang on, he's a High Meta....

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Namor. Wait, hang on, he's a High Meta....

Lol...when did Namor take out Ironman in seconds?

DarkSaint85
Lol...when did Namor take out Ironman in seconds?

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd229/goetz420/tnai-01-018.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd229/goetz420/tnai-01-019.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd229/goetz420/tnai-01-020.jpg

Speedblitzes Iron Man, rips his helmet off. One second Iron Man is fine, the next, he's gasping for breath. Only Namor's mercy prevents him from having his head popped.

DarkSaint85

Spiderman. Oh wait, that's Low Meta. Damn, I suck at this game.

Still, he tore his helmet off.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/ASM_544_DCP_0020.jpg

Star428
Hulk is skyfather.

eek!

laughing laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud laughing out loud

shadowknight
DC wins period. Change the Marvel Opponents to Hulk, Thor & Cap the winner becomes iffy. Iron Man is the weak link there's no way he 'd beat WW, specially in time to influence the other fights. But WW can definitely beat IM in time to influence the other fights.

Mindship
Are they still fighting in character? If so...

Superman beats Thor cuz Thor will likely fight like a brick (or at best, a club-wielding brick).

Wonder Woman beats Iron Man cuz WW is nigh Superman's level, and IM is not.

Cap vs Batman is irrelevant.

IMO, DC wins.

Star428
Originally posted by Mindship
Are they still fighting in character? If so...

Superman beats Thor cuz Thor will likely fight like a brick (or at best, a club-wielding brick).

Wonder Woman beats Iron Man cuz WW is nigh Superman's level, and IM is not.

LOL. No, she's not. She's still way above IM though.

shadowknight
Can someone explain to me why we can't bring JLA/Avenger in the discussion when it has a direct bearing on the fight being discussed?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by shadowknight
Can someone explain to me why we can't bring JLA/Avenger in the discussion when it has a direct bearing on the fight being discussed?

Because it had some PIS moments, not to mention the whole thing is iffy. Plus, too much butthurt will ensue.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.