GAY MARRIAGE IN CANADA-its happening!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

manny321
well i sort of support it but why not call it civil unions instead. That may rule out religious attacks. I don't like the idea but this is an issue of rights and must be treated differently. If it passes it will raise some eyebrows in USA. What do you all think about this issue??

botankus
The way you have the subject formatted one would think the earth was under attack by aliens or something.

manny321
well im training to say oh look its passing so easily

WindDancer
Some of your fellow Canadians aren't too happy:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20050202/wl_canada_nm/canada_marriage_col_11

Gryn Jabar
I think its immoral. However, as the courts and government of Canada have said it will happen, its no longer up to me.

ARC Trooper 117
Personally, I could care-less if any of my fellow Canadians who happen to be Homosexuals get married. Hell, it makes them happy! So I'm happy!
Everyone else needs to grow up and realize, "Dude, it's 2005..."

PVS
OH NO!!!! THE APOCALYPSE IS HERE!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

ARC Trooper 117
laughing
Oh PVS, you funny funny fool.....

WindDancer
Can any of you Canadians please tell me what is Canada Family Action Coalition? Coalition agaisn't what?

manny321
there is opposition but unlike the US the government is letting it be debated.

PVS
hmmm...so in canada...the PEOPLE decide? interesting

Syren
'Immoral'? I'm sorry, I don't understand your insinuation. Excuse my ignorance. Oh no, wait... it's yours. I'm absolutely delighted it's 'no longer up to you' roll eyes (sarcastic)

manny321
coalition against reality of a new modern diverse society.

manny321
iam saying PVS its going to debated in goverenment while bush is not letting it be so.

ARC Trooper 117
hysterical

Syren> yes

WindDancer
OMG are these people for real???

http://www.familyaction.org/

wacko

Syren
doh Some people, honestly big grin

manny321
our version of the crazy christian groups. LOL!!

Capt_Fantastic
I don't think that it will change anything in America. Even the American public's opinion isn't considered these days. Take the last election; it was called a mandate from the masses by the Bush administration. It was, in reality, an election that reveals that this country is evenly divided on most issues. Now that Bush has his"mandate", he'll have the ability to continue to operate as he wishes to...rather than take into consideration what the people of his country wants.

manny321
their fools, they are trying to make this into a religion vs gay people issue like in the united states. Those two are far apart. I disagree on the fact it is called marriage, i think it should be called civil unions. We will call it marriage when some of my fellow Canadians grow up.

manny321
i am going to email them!! Such turds!!

ARC Trooper 117
I agree. yes

manny321
LOL quote "the Prime minister and the Justice Minister are on a crusade to destroy marriage"

LOL I'm more concerned that the instability of regular marriage is going to wreck society.

rajah kalantiaw
what is it with people and the gays? why can't we just let them be gay as they wan't to be? why are we so worried about them? they're not gonna procreate.

people always refer to the bible citing that marriage of the same sex is immoral. there is a lot of hypocricy in catholicism and the bible. the lesson is often misinterpreted and taken the wrong way by dumb-a$$es posing as experts. for a religion that preaches love and fogiveness, they sure know how to kill people... stoning, crusifixion, lashing, beheading. the bible is taken WAY too literally. people don't read between the lines.

PVS
i understand completely.
that post was a sarcastic jab at the right wing...not at you.

rajah kalantiaw
PVS> dude, your sig is most righteous! rock rock on.

i can't stop laughing at it. hysterical

ARC Trooper 117
I never even noticed that Jesus thing! eek!
hysterical

PVS
thanks big grin

ARC Trooper 117
LandoverBaptist.org = scared

rajah kalantiaw
indeed

Capt_Fantastic
You're damn right! That was the BEST site I've been to in a long time.

Ushgarak
Heh, now, here is something amusing, seeing as in a nearby thread we are talking about what the Commonwealth is.

http://www.familyaction.org/Provinces/AB/breitkreuz.htm

You will note that one of the pieces of legislation invoked is Magna Carta from 1215. Some of the more keenly brained among you might have just noticed that Canada didn't exist then (as a State, of course, rather than a land mass)

For those who do not know, Magna Carta was the legisliation that forced the King of England at the time to recognise the authority of the feudal braons; it is the earleist example of devolved power of the medieval age and the forerunner of modern democracy and established many basic civl rights.

It is, of course, on behalf of the Commonwealth that a Canadian is quoting anicent British leglisation as part of the basic rights of his State... quite funny actually!

WindDancer
Read the Terms of Agreement. And I quote them "The Landover Baptist Church is a complete work of fiction." So is only a spoof....not a church or religious website.

Jackie Malfoy
Well Canada just reach a very low level,JM

Tex
That's great news.

I wish the US government would focus more on providing affordable health care, cleaning air pollution and improving our infrastructure as opposed to worrying about gay marriage.

Why is the government involving itself in religion and people's sex lives?

Christians need to keep their prejudice in their churches and out of government!

BackFire
Good for Canada. That's all I have to say.

manny321
The issue here are these so called groups who think everything that is not in thier views is evil.

Draco69
Yay for Canada. Maybe the gays will come up with an original wedding ceremony. Something that will differentiate them from their heterosexual counterparts. As long as its not those ridiculous kelts I've seen them wearing. I just wish there was a poster couple. Two normal looking young men or women that defy the stereotype. It would certainly open up a lot people's eyes.

PVS
what gave it away for me was not a disclaimer, but the very banner im using as my sig. i laughed till i just about pissed myself

Draco69
Is that Jesus site FOR REAL? Good Lord. sick

Dazzler619
Who cares if there's gay marriage Canada?

ARC Trooper 117
Oh....that ruins it all for me! *Cries*

KidRock
As long as its in Canada..

ARC Trooper 117
roll eyes (sarcastic)
Oh come on Fabio, we're not wanted here....stick out tongue

Capt_Fantastic
You mean to tell me that there is no londover baptist church?!?!?!?!?!?!

lol...I hope that no one took it seriously at all.

Cid
I don't really mind if gays get married but in New Zealand it's called the Civil Union Bill.

BackFire
Gay people in Canada do...

manny321
there are ctually some fireworks going off.

botankus
Literally.

Line
oh god!!! apparently it's evil scandinavia with all the welfare, child support, legal gay marriage and women working that's gonna bring apocalypse!!! eek!

thank you, familyaction.org, for your continual fight for moral big grin

Napalm
Canada sucks

KharmaDog
Another deep, insightful spewing of opinion from napalm.

Napalm
Why the hell would they want queer to marry

KharmaDog
Why do you care either way?

Napalm
I really dont Im just sick of all the gay threads here

KharmaDog
Then ignore them.

naybean
i dont even understand what gay people marrying has to do with religion anyways? its not like hetero's marriage has anything to do with it - u dont have to get married in a religious place by a religious person, so its not really about religion at all.

Syren
Napalm, you might as well get used to gay marriage, no self respecting female's gonna marry you. But then, neither is any self respecting male. So in short, you're screwed. Or not as the case may be big grin

Alpha Centauri
"I really dont Im just sick of all the gay threads here"

And I'm sick of all the morons but they have a right to be here. So do the gay threads.

-AC

Syren
roll eyes (sarcastic)

AC, honey, do you fancy a sojourn in the G club? happy

Alpha Centauri
A what in the where now?

Yes, the mighty AC is confused.

-AC

Capt_Fantastic
Some members come into gay threads a shit all over th eplace because they can't get over the fact that a queer member dupped him into getting himself banned.

Tex
Tell me about it!
Those Scandinavian countries are under the control of the devil!
He has rewarded those liberal compassionate wackos by making their countries the cleanest, safest, most industrialised countries on earth!

Yup! They have the highest standard of living in the world.

Backwards wackos! wacko

Let them enjoy there happy gay lives living in their perfect countries!
Us good Jesus people will have our paradise in heaven with the lord! smile

JKozzy
You know, I couldn't care less. It doesn't affect me in the least. It's not someone's place to judge another's morals.

debbiejo
I wish gays would grow tails, so we could tell who was who....

Draco69
That would be nice.

ARC Trooper 117
^-Losers. eek!

manny321
LOL this is not a religious issue unless churches have to marry them. BY LAW THEY DO NOT. WHATS THE PROBLEM!!

debbiejo
Why, do you have something against tails?????????/ laughing

ARC Trooper 117
Ow....that did hurt. stick out tongue

debbiejo
angel

ARC Trooper 117
devil

debbiejo
OH, I like the ears. I mean horns, But then no tail?? wink

ARC Trooper 117
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Syren
Are you serious? I have to ask, because you sound so unbelievably moronic! eek!

Alpha Centauri
I wish morons would grow grenade pins on their heads so then when you're annoyed with them you can pull it out and watch them explode.

-AC

A4E
lol totally AC

debbiejo
Morons is only subjective word...

I think tails would be a more interesting idea. wink

Alpha Centauri
There's a point where people are so stupid that it stops becoming opinion that they're a moron. Borderline morons are just idiots, those are funny. I keep them around. Morons however, ping, BOOM!

-AC

debbiejo
A person with an opinion is always called a moron,when the person calling them hsn't a sense of humor?

I Still like tails.... big grin

The Omega
laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.