palps/sidious wtf???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jediwilldaddy
ok i have been searching theese threads as well as many others and i have never seen this question asked. why does palpatine look absolutely human and sidious look monsorous and how do they co-exist. i mean we know palps is evil and all that s@#t but what does he do punch his sith time card and all of a sudden appear human?? can anyone help me with some theories on this???

BAILY
Umm... this topic has been discussed to death already..... something happens to Palpy to make him all wrinkled and ugly.... and for the answer as to why.... read some of Ternian's spoilers, but it really isnt 100% known what happens to him... we think it is force lightning, but we arent 100% sure yet.... and welcome to the boards.... smile

LandoSpeeder2
Read some of the spoilers on this page http://www.millenniumfalcon.com/. might clear up some of what your asking

DarkYoda
Before we knew that force lightning was the most likely cause, I used to believe that Yoda unloaded some green holy hell on Sidious in their battle before Yoda had to escape with his life.

J.M FcThumbs-Up
AGAIN A USELESS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! thumb up

Gangularis
useless only because it's redundant. if this topic hadn't been posted here and on every other spoiler forum out there, it might actually have purpose.

jediwilldaddy, i suggest you work on those searching techniques.

and Baily, i'm pretty sure most people believe that palps clouds the vision of those around him.

if sith lightning being bounced back to a sith did damage like that, then dooku would be damaged when yoda bounced his lightning back at him.
also, there's been loads of spoiler reports about how he pulls his hood back to reveal his face as an old man who has used the force to stay alive for centuries.

J.M FcThumbs-Up
That's also a point why I started the updates from TFN-thread, so that people have a bit of guide to what is "been there, done that"....y'know!
People still keep coming with useless threads for thousands of times and KMC is a good forum, but it gets more annoying by the day(because of that pointless thread issue).

laughing

Red Superfly
If I hear that f**king "Lightning scars him" theory one more time..........

Arsenal
I doubt force lightning did that to him. I'm leaning more towards him being really old and using the force to stay alive. I would like to say that the darkness inside of him was taking it's toll on his body and that's why his face looks like that but that wouldn't make much sense would it.

J.M FcThumbs-Up
laughing out loud

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Correctemundo....this has been said in a documentary/book by GL himself I believe!

wink

JKozzy
Thank you, Captain Sarcasm.

bILLYgOAT
hang on
this is KMC
not MF or TFN, so anyone who wants to post a question that isn't in the KMC search area is entitled.
btw, some of us don't want to trawl through the theorys posted on the other 2 sites just to make you happier.

jediwilldaddy
jeez, i thought this was a friendly board. and i did not intend to start a mess or anything. i only asked a question that has always perplexed me. i did the best that i could to try and find anything on this topic. i appreciate the help i have gotten but i dont believe it serves anyone to say pointless or useless because that degrades the whole purpose of the boards which is discussion.. so perhaps your comments are what were poiontless or useless and certainly unwelcome.. bottom line if you can't say anything nice dont say anything at all.. besides its not my fault you haven't been laid lately...

Arsenal
Who's older, Palps or Yoda?

ctsketch
Yoda, Palps is only Human

SITH
YODA MAY BE OLDER........... BUT PALPS IS REALATIVLEY CLOSE TO AGE WITH PALPS. AS FOR HIS ALTERED APPEARANCE........... "THE DARK SIDE IS CLOUDING THEIR VISION, MY FRIEND" I'M GUESSING HIS TRUE FORM COMES ABOUT WHEN HE FIRST USES FORCE LIGHTNING, AND IS UNABLE TO CONCEAL HIS TRUE IDENTIY FROM THE JEDI.

LandoSpeeder2
SITH, quit posting in all caps.

SITH
woops, sorry stick out tongue big grin

LandoSpeeder2
I hate it when that happens.

DarkYoda
There is an interesting article here that may help...it covers alot and is kind of long though. Enjoy!

pepsi

http://www.starwarz.com/tbone/editorials/secret_of_the_sith.htm

bILLYgOAT
or at all..in some cases eek!

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Have I offended you, then I'm sorry>I didn't notice you're new to the forum. In this case my apoligies...
I could've been a bit more careful, it was never my intention to be that cruel.
People post alot of threads that have been done before(I did that too when I first got here...and yes I got alot of stupid jokes and comments fired at it).
Now I did myself...sorry again mate!

embarrasment wink laughing ....rock on

Darth Subjekt
Palps is realativley close to age with Palps?
Um, can you tell me ANYONE who isnt the same age as themselves?
Unless i just dont get that......then i dont know.......

SITH
sorry, sorry, i meant palps is more likely than not, almost as old as yoda, if not older

Darth Subjekt
oh ok...gotcha......and please before someone starts, dont mention Palps having clones that he transfers bodies in.

smoker4
Clones sick sick sad smokin'

Darth Subjekt
exactly smoker.....i hate that stupid shit.

Count Doodoo
Since this is a "Palpatine/Sidious WTF???" thread, I have a question:
http://img61.exs.cx/img61/3870/palpatinefigurefront0in.th.jpg
Palp & Mace duel

http://img61.exs.cx/img61/9373/sidiouswsaber2iz.th.jpg
Sidious & Yoda duel

http://img229.exs.cx/img229/2548/39410052vi.th.jpg
This is the same costume Sidious wears in the Senate not too long before Yoda goes to confront him.

Does the saber & lightning with this figure mean there's another duel, or are they just cool features Hasbro added to make the figure deluxe and don't really mean anything in relation to the plot of ROTS?

Count Doodoo
Anyone?... anyone?...

Did I sort of answer my own question?

Nobody has any idea?

bILLYgOAT
very well said Happy Dance smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.