monitor problem

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dexx
i have a problem with my monitor....it started displaying some weird colour distortments around the corners. basicly....the only good colours are towards the center of the iamge. the rest is distorted with a greenish purple hue.
it was doing this some time ago also, but stopped if i turned off the monitor and back on..but now it's always there. first i though it's because of the speakers but now i see it isn't.
i'll try reinstalling the drivers..but i doubt it's a software problem. it does this from the moment i open the pc..not just in windows. i still have the warranty on it luckily...but iw as hoping to avoid an actual trip with it to the store...
any sugestions?

Raz
Did you keep the speakers or any other magnetic device near the monitor? If so, it may have caused permenent damage.

I don't think there is a software solution to this, so it may be time for the trip..

BTW, why don't you have a 100 avatar?

Dexx
i thought it was limitd to 85 smile

yes..the speakers are somewhere near the monitor. 3 of em actually..but not in the immediate vecinity.
permanent damage you say? *scared*.....that wouldn't happen toc ancel the warranty would it? big grin

Raz
If you told them you kept the speakers it would wink

About the avi - there's been an update wink

Silver Stardust
Hehe...

Bring the monitor back, tell them it's gone screwy, and don't mention the speakers stick out tongue

That happened to me before actually, and it went back to normal after a week or two...

Dexx
yes, i'll change the avvie tonight smile

and....damn.....gotta hide that away big grin
though it probably doesn't say anything in the manual about it...probably whistle

Tex
My speakers are attached to my monitor (designed that way) no magnetic interference.

Dexx
well yeah....it shouldn't be a problem....though, as i said...the original distorsions appeared around the areas closer to the speakers.
but if it isn't normal..then it's not my fault

Raz
Most computer speakers are "shielded" to protect the monitor. Not sure if yours had this or not, or whether it deteriorated over time.

Dexx
their brand new, just like the monitor. bought them in octomber last year....a philisps 5.1 system, so..not just any no-names....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.