Smallville or Old series of superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dizzyblondegirl
with dean cain

pr1983
don't think its fair to compare...

smallville is about him growing up...

lois and clark was about full grown...

DarkCrawler
Smallville.

dizzyblondegirl
yeah but smallville has both lois and clark now and yeah it may be him growing but come on who is better looking? besides smallvills gonna end up being at the daily planet it's just a matter of how many seasons smallville can last

Abbita
smallville smallville smallville and erm, yeah smallville big grin

Mr Parker
ditto.

pr1983
smallville is better written, (most of the time)better acted and a more modern take on superman...

lois and clark has sentimental value (at least to me) and was a more old fashioned take on superman... i loved it...

dizzyblondegirl
i totally agree

pr1983
i was watching some episodes of lois and clark, and i believe i was unfair in the 'better acted' statement...

perry white, jimmy olsen (both of em), and teri hatchers lois lane were almost perfect imo... they weren't as subtle as they could be, but superman aint subtle...

and dean cain i thought was pretty good...

i prefer smallville lex though...

Mainstream
Smallive is edgey Lois and Clark was more about jokes and humor..though it good serious at times. I like them both but Smallive is better in my humble opinion.

pr1983
smallville is made to be more realistic...

but they are awfully whiney at times...

eleveninches
Maybe in the later half of the 3rd season and in the 4th season.
But in the first 2 seasons, there was almost no decent scripts, and each episode seemed to be the same repetative formula. It was as if they only made one episode for the first 2 seasons.

Well, lois and clark was the best in my opinion. I used to watch that show every week, and it was super cool.

I assume that the films with chris reeves were pre-crisis, as clarks father died in the first movie.
When I used to watch the lois and clark "new adventures of superman" I never understood why his parents were alive in that series even though they died in the movies. I wans't into comic books at the time, and was not aware of there being a post-crisis and a precrisis DC Universe.

Stinky_Bottoms
Smillville is a great show.. Deff like it better then L&C.. But Terri Hatcher is the best Lois Lane EVER!
hehe Erica Durance rocks to but nobody can beat Terri as Lois....

eleveninches
Smallville sucked for the first 2 seasons.
L&C was great for alll of it's seasons.

Mainstream
Except the last season of L and C.

Mace Skywalker
Smallville is complete crap!

dizzyblondegirl
WHHHAAATTTTTT how can you say that what is your reason

liam k
Smallville, and whats all that about MACE SKYWALKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DrDoom
The last two seasons of Smallville have been great, though I still find it rather sad that SOMEBODY hasn't put two and two together by now.

Clark has been involved with nearly every weird happening in the town, I thought Chloe (SO f'in hot!) with all of her wall-of-weird stuff would've started asking Clark how he could take down all of those meteor freaks. Now she knows, and so does Lex's dad--who should've already suspected given all of the research he was doing.

My only major gripe was when Clark's heat vision kicked in for the first time and he lit the screen on fire. I was like "WTF NOBODY saw that **** fly out of dude's eye?!".

L & C was good, one of my favorite shows. I used to watch it religiously, with my only gripes being the last season, the comic book wedding of Supes and Lois that was a result of it, and all of that Lois-clone BS.

Still, the first four seasons of Smallville < L & C. Mebbe that will change when S-ville gets to season 6.

kanis
alien The superman series is complete crap, smallville is much better it doesn't have Lois Lane saying "help me superman help me" when she stupidly gets herself into trouble and he saves her and it happens again in the next episode, at least smallville has more would be superheroes aka the flash whats the superman series had eh.

DarthLazious
Can I say both??

kanis
alien Yeah but which one do you like the most.

TheFanboy
Smallville all the way.

brainchild81
Smallville

alexanderluthor
Smallville!!!!

eleveninches
No way.

the 'new adventures of superman' series was far better.

whirlysplat
Smallville is Superman meets Buffy and Dawson, I like it though but this season has been shit!!!

I preferred New Adventures on balance though.....I think.........

kanis
alien Yeah it would of been good if supes didn't save lois every episode.

TMACalicious
Smallville is tonnes better than Lois & Clark! Dean Cain looked like he used a tub of hair gel everytime he was Superman! And the boots! Ugh! The colour of the boots just didn't match!

Smallville > Lois & Clark

manjaro
smallville is clearly better. of all my years watching lois and clark all he has been foiling was bank robberies, once in a while he might run into a mad scientist or two but that was it. then there would be those dumb ass plot lines where he would end up in the past battling cowboys and lost his power then only when he has righted a wrong does he get to go home...like some lame ass quantum leap throw away script

kanis
alien That's brilliant and so true its funny ha-ha

Darth Macabre
Like someone else said can i say both?

I used to watch Lois and Clark when I was a little kid and I loved every second of it. Now that im a teenager Smallville is my favorite show.

Its wierd to because I honestly dont fancy Superman too much.

((The_Anomaly))
Smallville. more believable show then L & C.

but i loved L&C when it was on, i never missed an episode! other then once i still remember my dad grounded me when i was like 11 and i couldn't watch that episode when clark wore the silver and black supes suit.

haha....memories.

Next Venom_girl
Smallville.

OneForce_2018
mace skywalker....you have horrible taste. How can you say that about smallville?

DarthLazious
Well I like them both and its so very hard to chose.

Mindship
Smallville is a wonderfully written retelling of the Superman legend. Sometimes it almost seems like a biographical account, as Superman is so well known. My only two gripes with the show are 1) they tend to fall into the outcast-with-freaky-meteor-power format too much; and 2) he's meeting all the people who will be important to him as an adult while he's still in Smallville (eg, Lois, Perry--Jimmy probably still in diapers, so I think we will be spared his appearance). Kinda reminds me of muppet babies or loony-tunes kids in reverse (everyone knows everyone else their whole lives).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.