Rice warns Iran: U.N. action looms

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KharmaDog
Any thoughts?

Napalm
Im for it the middle east dosent need nukes

DarkCrawler
Nobody needs the nukes.

Napalm
US does

KharmaDog
Why Does the U.S. NEED nukes?

Napalm
To remind those d@mn terrorist that we can blow them to pieces

Alpha Centauri
"To remind those d@mn terrorist that we can blow them to pieces"

I suggest you look at which country is living in fear of being attacked.

-AC

Linkalicious
Personally I really wish it didn't have to be Condoleeza who had to make the statement because it just continues continues to make the U.S. look bad.

I really think the U.S. should do just as the other Euro members of the U.N. and wait longer for a diplomatic resolution to this.

I was really happy to read that Rice was making a legitament step to re-establish the relationship between France and the U.S. after their differences brought about by the Iraq War.

Rice claimed that the whole world is a better, safer place when Europe and the U.S. worked together in order to achieve a common goal. Which is why I find it disappointing that she had to convey the message that if something wasn't done about it....action was going to take place.

And I agree that nobody needs nukes, but to further that....corrupt dictatorship run governments really don't need nukes. The U.S. may have them, but atleast the U.S. fully understands the problems that result from using them.

finti
wonders what the anti gay Bush administration gonna do when Rice comes out of the closet, cause a woman which such a penis envy have to be a macho lesbian

Tex
eek! laughing out loud eek!

PVS
yes, along with every human being around them, but their lives dont matter
as much as yours right?

and i see our massive arenal has worked so far to intimidate them,
or they would have attacked us by now...oh wait a minute...

ARC Trooper 117
Great....another war...
It'll be funny when all the $hit that's been happening in Iraq starts to happen in Iran - NOT! roll eyes (sarcastic)
This could REALLY alienate me from my Persian friends....scared

manny321
Wow this really looks like a cursade. YEah let the lying begin. Countdown to war!!!! WOHHHH! LETS BLOW SOME INOCENT PEOPLE YEP.

Stupid bush!!!!

Jackie Malfoy
I think they will take that as a threat.JM confused

ARC Trooper 117
That's exactly the point. stick out tongue
His point, at least. wink

Alpha Centauri
Bush is clearly going for every country beginning with I.

Iraq, Iran, India will follow. Then if he's illiterate to, Ingland.

-AC

manny321
INDIA!!!, he is stupid but why would he! Take that over you have millions shooting at you. THat would stupid and i can't see what America would get.

GCG
what about UN action ?

will UN action be consistent in policy as it is on paper ?
Has the UN finally decided to pull up their socks ?

As for Iran developing Nuclear warheads, did anyone ask the US and the USSR to stop developing their own personal arsenal of nuclear weapons in the Cold War?
of course they did ; popes & world leaders asked them to STOP but they couldnt care less.
so why should Iran listen to the US, if the US & the Soviets didnt listen ?

PVS
solid point GCG

what kind of wordly role models are we?

Alpha Centauri
Someone is clearly gonna have to drop the pride and realise that we all live on this planet and even if we don't like each other it's gonna take swallowing pride to make things safer.

-AC

GCG
altough i dont wish anyone to manufacture any nuclear weapons, its what the Iranians may bring up

manny321
While India and Pakistan have weapons, why isn't anyone going mental on them. India has more then enough nukes to kill everyone in Pakistan. THEY WON'T Because the PM of India isn't dumb. The world was silent to those two countries.

Alpha Centauri
I was joking about India...

-AC

GCG
and i say STFU ***** !

what UN sanctions do you think will be the first ?
anyone to answer ?

my guess is that the first resolution they will threaten to pass is that

*Iran cannot sell Oil to western countries to increase their domestic product
therfore forcing Iran (the largest populated country in the Middle East) to sell their oil at slashed prices to the western world.

SALE ! SALE ! SALE !

how about someone bring up to Condolezza Rice some current issues ?

FRAUD AND CORRUPTION

Forget the UN. The US occupation regime helped itself to $8.8 bn of mostly Iraqi money in just 14 months

finti
laughing out loud laughing out loud

KharmaDog
On CNN this morning they were talking about what a cakewalk it would be to take over Iran. They talked about the fact that the Iranian army has old equiptment and poor training. Now I have no doubt that the americans can beat Iran, but what the folks at CNN forgot to talk about was the fact that Iranians would probably fight much like the current Iraqi insurgents, but with more zeal. I still don't think it would be the cakewalk that they make it out to be.

vagaryatwill
Do you think these countries really are going to take the UN seriously? I wonder...

manny321
first the country is mostly full of mountains. 2nd all the Muslims are one kind, which is double danger. If they attack, you sell guerrilla war at a Vietnam level. Many soldiers would be killed and sadly it would make Iraq a walk in a park. They take over Iran, staying there is the big problem.

The Omega
(-sigh-)
Bloodthirsty bastard, that Boy George.
Maybe he should clear up the mess in Iraq, before he attacks another country...

Reckoning
In actuality, the re-election of Bush has him and his administrators believing that everything done in his previous term, everyone agreed with, simply ignoring the massive population majority against the war on Iraq. The President now believes he is vindicated of all wrong-doing, and thus, all the policies that were on the cards but were too risky for fear of losing his seat, and also the previous policies which Bush I was too timid to undertake, his son now has his full four years without a care. Radical 'reforms' on Medicaid, Healthcare, Social Security, drastic reversals on environmental strategies, and now the Reagan-esque "democratisation of the World".

The Iranians has a long history with the US, and they will never forget the CIA's role in instituting the hated Shah back in the fifties, and the Carter Administration's attempt to bring the Shah back after it was overthrown by the public in 1979. Adding to that the Iran-Iraq war in which Reagan was supporting Hussein; any action taken will mean disaster for Iraq as the Iranians will make reconstruction highly difficult for the US, creating more of a disaster in the Middle East.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.