Magneto Runs The Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Beyonder
In light of some threads, some here seem to think Magneto is a mega power house energy manipulator:

Magneto Vs. Gladiator

Magneto Vs. Thanos

Magneto Vs. Black Bolt

Magneto in BLOODLUST MODE runs this Gauntlet:

1] Dr Doom
2] Terrax
3] Loki
4] Thor
5] Gladiator
6] Black Bolt
7] Thanos
8] Dark Phoenix
9] Odin
10] Galactus

Non Prep. On EARTH.
He far does he get? With every win, he get's to advance to the next opponent - fully rejuvenated. So how does he do?

Alpha Centauri
Isn't this giving Magneto a little too much credit?

-AC

Beyonder
Well, this is just to gauge fellow posters opinion on how Magneto would fair against these guys - instead of having one fanboy rant on like Magneto is all that powerful.

Alpha Centauri
Galactus, Odin and Thanos are in there. Not to mention others.

This forum really has gone upside down. It's gone from having a stable working but debateable hierachy to some Gambit Vs Doom threads.

-AC

demigawd
LMAO!!!!

Talk about overreacting.

ok, I'll bite....

radioboy121
Although the sources have been "What if," Juggernaut's suit was demonstrated to not be effected by Magneto.

Also, although he wouldn't win, Captain America's shield cannot be manipulated by Magneto either as demonstrated when Magneto was protecting Warlock during the Avengers encounter.

Maestro
Magneto doesn't get past round 1, as doom has that mechanism that can disable mutant abilities, hence magneto is nothing to doom.

Beyonder
How is this overracting.

You seem to think Magneto can screw with someone's blood if they bled red blood.
You also think having a nervous system means Magneto can screw with it as well.
You claimed that Magneto can open blackholes.
And now he has "star smashing powers."

If he can smash stars and open blackholes according to you, why he can't beat Thanos, Dark Phoenix, Odin, or Galactus?

demigawd
1] Dr Doom

Magneto attacks Doom, Doom laughs as he reverses the polarity on Magneto, sending Magneto flying across the room. Doom gauntlet blasts Magneto, Magneto's shield blocks it. Doom taunts Magneto saying, "There is nothing you can do to me". Magneto replies (from X-men #1), "Your armor is impressively shielded, it's true. But I wield the primordial forces of the Earth itself. It is child's play for me to subvert your internal electronics and bend it to my will". Doom's armor turns against him, making him gauntlet blast himself.

2]Gladiator

Glads: "Aaarrrggghh...my head! My body! What are you doing to me?"

Mags: "Shhh....hush my child. Take a nap."

*stops flow of blood to Glad's brain*

3]Black Bolt

Black Bolt: YOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!

Mags: Thank you for that powerup. Oh, by the way, you won't be needing that metal tuning fork on your head anymore. Maybe your brain and internal organs will, though...

4] Loki

Loki: I will cast a mighty spell that....
*impaled by giant metal pole*
Loki: Loki....can...not....be...defea....
*decapitated by another giant metal pole*

(note, if Loki cuts to the chase and sticks to magic instead of energy blasts that he does more often nowadays, he could win)

5] Thor

Thor: Zounds! Mjolnir doth not respondth! What manner of sorcery is...
*wack* *wack* *wack* *WACK* *WACK*

6] Terrax

Ends here. Terrax wields the Power Cosmic, giving him the ability to regenerate and wrest control from Magneto's body tricks.

7] Thanos

8] Odin

9] Dark Phoenix

10] Galactus

demigawd
Yeah, but it was just a What If. I'd like to see what would happen in the actual Marvel Universe.

That's strange - Magneto manipulated it on several other occasions, knocking Cap out with his own shield. That most recently happened during the Onslaught storyline.

demigawd
Yes

Yes

Yes

I didn't say that.

Because they can do it too, and more easily. High level matter manipulators would be able to resist Magneto's influence. Odin, Thanos, Galactus and DP are high level matter manipulators.

radioboy121
You mean Joseph or Magneto Magneto? Regardless, I guess his powers are being redefined. I remember a Magneto droid tossing back Captain America's shield, but as said, he was a droid.

Beyonder
quote: Beyonder
And now he has "star smashing powers."

You didn't say this:

demigawd
It was Joseph (while it was still thought he was Magneto) - but it still shows that magnetic powers affect the shield. Remember, Magneto got his second of three major powerups in the 90s, so maybe that Warlock story happened before then.

radioboy121
It appeared during Magneto term with the New Mutants (possibly mid to late 80's). Warlock was very weakened and the Avengers came to arrest Magneto. He gave a good battle, but was shown to not be able to control the shield. Eventually Magik appeared and created a portal to send it temporarily off elsewhere.

demigawd
I said Magneto is so formidable NOT because he has star smashing power. He's formidable because he's resourceful and that means he doesn't NEED star-smashing power.

RIF - Reading Is Fundamental.

Interesting. I guess he developed that ability since the mid 80s, perhaps after his second power up. Writers had a tendency to power him down after he became a good guy in the 80s, though. Magneto never *bent* the shield, but he snatched it from Cap and used it to knock out Hawkeye.

KillAll
i think your perception of comics is a bit "OFF". just because you wield power cosmic does not make you allmighty. i think doom could beat terrax... a less powerful herald IMO. the same with gladiator. magneto couldnt affect these characters body functions as easily as you think he can. we need some PROOF of this. please provide us with issue numbers. issues that relate what magneto has done to these characters direclty.

magneto doesnt make it past the first character on the list wink dr. doom stops him cold in his tracks.

Beyonder
Boy have you missed alot KillAlll. You want his proof? Here's what he claims:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=301403&perpage=20&highlight=Gladiator+Vs+Magneto&pagenumber=2

Yeah, and you think 'cause it's red and therefore oxidized AS YOU BELIEVE then Magnus can screw Kallark up?

Oh yes, your techniques...where he can control the iron in people's blood...and according to you, he can even best someone like Thanos with this unique ability...which is laughable at best, but that's a whole 'nother thread.

Then you've got his claims about Magneto redirecting or just getting stronger from Black Bolt's scream. roll eyes (sarcastic)
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=324564&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1

demigawd
Yes, yes, it's all true. Since Beyonder was nice enough to dig up all of my old posts, feel free to browse through my specific references. No need for me to go through this all over again.

This is such a wildly pro-Doom board that it's ridiculous. I think the comics battle hierarchy on this board is: 1)Thanos 2)Doom 3)Batman.

Man, talk about perception of comics being OFF....

KillAll
actually thanos is pretty much at the top considering intelligence...

but doom isnt anywhere near my favorite if thats why you think i'd argue in favor of him wink but he is leaps and bounds smarter than magneto.

first you have to realize that everything you said is strictly (STRICTLY) your opinion. not everybody is going to bend to your disability to learn wink

then you have to realize that gladiators immune system/nervous system/blood system might not function or even be made of the same cells as ours. or contain iron for that matter. have you read anywhere to suggest that it is the same?? apparently it isnt the same because his body functions completely different than ours. so there is no way magneto can directly affect gladiators body... without binding metal to his body. which would be nearly impossible to do considering the speed at which gladiator can function. literally, faster than human though. which is how fast magneto thinks.

another thing you have to realize that IF magneto could open up a worm hole (i'd like proof of this one). he would have to open it up close enough to gladiator for it to suck him in, then it would also have to be able to overpower gladiator to suck him in. none of which you have proof. all you have is your opinion.

if you think magneto can beat any one on the list, i'd like to hear why... with some facts, anything... besides your opinion. because to me your opinion is a bunch of moot mumbo jumbo.

HarmoNiC FLo
another good thread.

demigawd
I guess this thread disappeared before I ever got a chance to reply to it. Either way, no need to. I think I proved over time in subsequent threads every point I made here with specific comic references. No need to revisit it.

mikedgravity
well actually since magneto is apparently that powerful. he should start off with galactus. matter of fact give galactus the green lantern battery and the infinity gauntlet. and he might have a teeny tiny chance at defeating magneto. and after that he should face TOAA, living tribunal, the endless, the elders,the celestials. now that would be a challenge.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.