Poll for 'Revenge'- Light Side players.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
I have only done one before- for the Dark Side players- but I am hoping to do occasional (and entirely voluntary) polls on people in my games with the objective of finding out some more about their characters.

This poll quizzes you as to your attitude towards the Force, and how it splits.

To explain:

The Living Force is that part of the Force that makes you sensitive to all things. It allows you to read minds, sense others, control the weak-minded (and presumably to make yourself faster, stronger, and jump higher, and so on). At its higher levels it is about feeling the connection between all living things.

The Cosmic Force is the part of the Force that allows you to sense the future (giving you your amazing reflexes) and sense the impact people have on the Universe. At its higher levels it is about predicting the future and choosing your actions based omn that prediction.

Those who favour the Living Force (like Qui-Gon) are very big on living for the moment, letting your feelings guide you, and trusting in the Force to provide a solution (which it often seems to do). They feel more, act more readily and have astounding instinct, but some may consider them reckless.

Those who favour the Cosmic Force (like Yoda and Sidious) are very thoughtful, careful planners, who achieve astonishing wisdom, can see changes and things yet to come from a long way off and have great insights into the Universe. But some may consider them static, indecisive and withdrawn.

Bear in mind that this choice will not actually affect what your character can do; as far as I am concerned it is just a matter of philosophy. I believe the default for a Jedi is to favour the Cosmic Force.

Trying to balance the two may seem like an obvious win-win choice but I am sure if it was that simple then ALL Jedi would see it like that; as they don't there must be pressing reasons to favour one or the other. You may, however, consider the Skywalkers to be a perfect blending of the two.

As for option four... I am pretty sure there are some Jedi who really don't understand what to think one way or another.

I look forward to your feedback...

LanceWindu
Lance lives for the moment.

mah
I chose the cosmic

yerssot
*runs in*
whey! I hoped for some nice spoilers here!sad

Yerssot clearly is for the Living Force, no one can make stupid decisions like him in a second big grin

Hi Lance, Hi mah

Ki-Adi Gallia
Um... Oops.. I am actually the third choice... but didn't really understand until after I'd posted and saw the explanation... Sorry...

Ushgarak
No worries! Easily edited, and voila!

Gundark
No question. Living Force.

IMHO, Qui Gon was everything I personally would imagine a Jedi to be.

yerssot
old, defying the concil and dead?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.