Silver Surfer vs Superman , thing , hulk , Gl , WW , FLASH

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kgkg
Silver Surfer vs Superman , thing , hulk , Gl , WW , FLASH

now that's a match for surfer .

Am not joking i think if surfer wants to kill them i bet he can all of them at once. why i say that

when doom at surfers power ( no one on earth could stand him
Avenger , x-men everyone were ducks , he became god of earth.(thor wasn't there , he can cause problems)

K Von Doom
All at once? I think that's too much for the Surfer.

Doom is smarter and meaner than the Surfer so he'd achieve more with the power cosmic than Radd.

kgkg
tell me how they whould beat him doom didn't use anything but power cosmic he was laghing at surfer being a full and not using his power to the max , i guess doom show the real power surfer posses

Linkalicious
Silver Surfer rarely used his full potential. As a pacifist, there really is no need to use the power cosmic's full destructive capabilities.

And Surfer would lose this fight. The combined efforts of all those hereoes is sufficient enough to find a way to defeat SS.

Though I'm not sure if they would be able to destroy him or not. I think he would either be knocked unconscious or tap too deep into the power cosmic causing him to lose strength.

norrin radd
yep surfer goes down, superman with green lantern, plus you got hulk.

kgkg
can't he just make hulk and superman , my talking there energy.

then we have flash what can he do to silver is as fast as he is if not faster , then we have ww , and thing he can scratch .

I think it could go either way.

silver surfer can win it's not imposible.

long pig
surfer is faster more powerful than all of these people, he can kill one then fly into space and recover ...repeat. superman is the first to go (suck his energy) down...then WW (shes nothing). then hulk he couldnt touch ss). then the thing(neither could he). GL will be a problem...but he cant do anything SS can either undo or take. The Flash without his speed is just a regular guy...SS is faster than Flash...
he can rearrange all of their molecules into soup

zachrivard
superman alone can beat SS

zachrivard
SS is overrated

long pig
how so? SS can absorb the solar energy out of supes. then clark is dead. SS is faster than superman as well. nearly as strong...smarter.
Silver Surfer is the halfway point between people like superman and people like the living tribunal. only ones above surfer are gods.

long pig
no one knows the exact extent of surfers power, he's never fully shown what he can do....its not a question of "what he can do", its a question of "what cant this man do?".

juggernaut74
Man I could take you to school right now but I am gonna stay out of Surfer vs. Superman for the sake of me getting kicked out of here.

long pig
i got my books and pencils. like ive said before i could be wrong....it almost happend once! heh

kgkg
superman is no match for sufer(well at least not anymore) . Gl is the only treat there.

But together they might be able to full some crazy tactic

like GL doesn't fight he protect Sups and hulk (with ring) if that's posible. then they can take surfer down.

long pig
i doubt hulk would allow himself to be protected...hes a loose cannon...end up fighting with the teammates because theyre trying to hold him down.
anyways....what could they do? they couldnt catch him.

Alpha Centauri
To clarify:

Superman hasn't got the overall power to take Surfer. Nothing Superman can do will hurt or damage Surfer, Surfer probably couldn't do MUCH to harm Superman but he certainly has a higher chance than the other way around. Surfer has overcome Hulk before also. All Flash has is speed, which really is of no consequence anyway and when you think about how much faster Surfer is, it makes his ability all the more redundant. Wonder Woman (I assume) wouldn't be too much trouble and neither would Thing. The only one I can see being a significant problem is Green Lantern depending on the version. Even then I believe Surfer has the power to overcome him because as Link said, he never taps into a great deal of his power. The rare cases he has have been pretty insane displays of power.

Together I don't think Surfer can win. There's far too much physical and mystical might going against him.

-AC

kgkg
well Gl ring can move fast am sure that will give at least sups some boost, but i know what you mean. Gl with flash am sure they can catch him with with there combined powers .

But silver has too many power to counter everything they can throw at him but there is hope lol.

someone sayed superman can beat surfer how the hell sups gonna beat surfer. Surfer doesn't even need to suck his energy , he can win in a battle pretty easy to. (faster than flash , near supermans strenth , power cosmic) i saw sufer make force field that holded everyone in the avenger, turned x-jet to stone, make stone create to life(doom had his powers) , therefore i really doubt superman can harm him, let alone touch him.

long pig
There is a lot SS could do. He could drain every bit of solar energy supes has in his body instantly killing supes.
other than that you couldnt be any more right smile

Alpha Centauri
There isn't much Surfer can do to Superman physically. Surfer never uses physical offense though, he uses beams.

-AC

Cosmic Cube
Silver Surfer would blast all of them into oblivion. Superman has no chance, neither does Hulk, or Wonder Woman, GL would be beaten, and Surfer's faster than Flash. Thing doesn't even matter. Surfer is being way underrated. There is nothing any of them could do to counter the Power Cosmic. He's out of their league.

long pig
as much as i hate to agree with you cosmic...youre right...about time

Cosmic Cube
I resent that. Sorry about the Lobo post, temporary insanity. My MPD came into play. Lobo's cool.

Tron
Underrated?!

From who's point of view? Cause I sure as hell haven't seen it here.

long pig
yeah, you called us lobo reader rednecks...i thought it was funny myself..cuz its basically true!..just ribbin ya!
underrated as much as doom...heh....this forums fav characters are
doom SS wolvie...lobo...jugs...hmm hulk and who else?

Beyonder
But he can if he wants to. He's augmented his strength with the Power Cosmic and surpass Superman. And is their any doubt that Surfer is Class 100 to begin with?

Surfer would lose in a comic book fight.

In a forum fight going all out, Surfer wins.

Scoobless
hulk, thing and flash are all ground bound (apart from jumping) so won't be a problem here, surfer could probably destroy the planet with 1 huge blast, or at least destroy a tectonic plate, suck supes energy if he survives then it's just GL and WW to deal with and he's easily a match for both of them..... if WW can even survive the explosion that is

illadelph12
If this is a fight just for the sake of fighting, the Surfer would lose because he's not a warrior. If this was a fight to protect something or someone he loved or had a firm resolve for, Surfer would win. There's a story in which Surfer fights an alien race called the Enslavers and their leader was a type of life force vampire that took on the strength of all of the people he had enslaved, and he had enslaved billions upon billions of people of different, powerful alien races, and upon reaching Earth, absorbed the life forces of just about every super strong Earth Hero as well. Surfer was the last one left, and he fought him at half power for a while by giving part of the power cosmic to a scientist on the Enslaver's mothership in order for him to destroy it's energy source and free the captives. When he regained his full power Surfer became angry and bulldozed the Enslaver's leader. The Enslaver's leader was so strong he back handed Colossus, Thing, She Hulk, Thor, Wolverine, and some other jabroni and layed them all out with one blow, and then he laughed as Hulk and Namor engaged him and he sucked their life forces from them.

Surfer had this guy begging for mercy once Surfer became aggressive offensively.

If Surfer is fighting for a cause, I'd give him an edge.

In a fight to simply fight, he doesn't normally have the fighter's heart it would take to win. He does have the fire power though. If he had a mean streak there'd be a lot of dead Marvel villains and possibly heroes too.

Tron
Hmmmm, I was suppose to close this thread, since it's against the 3-3 character limit. Oh well, I guess I'll let it go for now.

snoopdogg
How do you reckon Surfer will absorb Supermans solar energy? Touch him or does he have to aim at him with his hands?

Scoobless
doesn't even need to gesture at him........... just sort of "call" it out of him mentally

snoopdogg
Really? I read alot of Surfer comics and never saw him do it like that.

BenjaminJGrimm
I don't know how The Surfer makes it out of this one alive. Supes and WW and grab him and take him down the ground and they let everybody else join the fun. I think that SS would be in trouble quickly. And would not be able to come back from the the continued beating.

BJG

kgkg
how are they gonna grab him his faster than both of them. (much faster)

Victor Von Doom
He's much faster than almost everyone, however he doesn't remain untouched.

Scoobless
he's faster in travelling speed, not reaction and movement speed......... if you know what i mean

juggernaut74
I know what you mean. Surfer is fast in a straight line. But as far as fighting or footspeed go he is outmatched by Superman.

Cosmic Cube
Actually, Surfer is capable of warpspeed reaction time and movement. He rarely uses it because he's a pacifist. He can also become intangible.
Mind you Superman can only move at 128 miles per second. Surfer is way faster.

Scoobless
really? warpspeed reaction? that's like reacting to something before it happens, or at least as soon as the other guy thinks of doing it

kgkg
yes i have seen him move warp speed , while fighting but i don't see it often , but has been done see i wasn't making it up

Cosmic Cube
Exactly Scoobless, he can react to something as soon as it happens, but Surfer hates violence (what a pussy...) so he rarely uses it.

Cosmic Cube
If Surfer is on a mean streak, all of them would be blasted into atoms before they could take a step towards him.

juggernaut74
How can you prove this? I have every Surfer comic vol. 1-4 and have yet to see him do this. If you can give me a issue # so I can look through my collection. I am not saying you are wrong I just dont think he has superspeed without his board. I know he cannot fly without it. And where did you get those Superman #s on his speed?

Alpha Centauri
"How can you prove this? I have every Surfer comic vol. 1-4 and have yet to see him do this. If you can give me a issue # so I can look through my collection. I am not saying you are wrong I just dont think he has superspeed without his board. I know he cannot fly without it. And where did you get those Superman #s on his speed?"

He doesn't have super speed without his board. He can travel without it but he needs the board.

-AC

juggernaut74
What do you mean he can travel without it but he needs his board? You mean walking right?

Cosmic Cube
I got Superman's speed measurement from a Superman website I'll have to find the link. He raced the old Flash, (the one before wally west,) who only ran 128 miles per sec, and Superman struggled to keep up.

Silver Surfer demonstrated this speed when fighting the Kree, before the Kree guard stole his soul using the Mind Gem (or the Soul gem, one or the other.) He was knocking them flat before they realized he was attacking them.

Cosmic Cube
Without the board Surfer is much slower, he cannot travel at warp speed. Even still he can move at orbital velocity without the surfboard. (marvel scale 5)

juggernaut74
Well I might be going out on a limb here but I dont think he has superspeed at all without his board. I dont recall a time where he demonstrated he had it.
http://www.starnet-database.com/dbase_deo/profiles/superman/superman.html

Cosmic Cube
Superman can fly much faster than he can run. He alludes to this during the race, as he is not allowed to fly. Even so, on his Board, Surfer is much faster than Superman, on land or in flight.

Alpha Centauri
He doesn't have the capacity to travel at warp speeds without his board.

-AC

juggernaut74
He cant travel at any highspeeds without his board.

Cosmic Cube
He can travel at level 5 speed, which is orbital velocity without his board, and I have also heard that he has flown without the board on few occasions, (though he could not achieve light or warp speeds, of course.)

juggernaut74
I am familiar with the Marvel power grid. Level 5 speed is equivilant to Northstar and Quicksilver. Where did you hear Surfer can move that fast without his board? I have yet to read it anyways. I have never saw him fly without it I do recall him saying he could not fly without his board in a vol. 3 comic. I also have is cartoon series on DVD and there is a scene where he is hanging off a cliff and he had to call for his board to save his @ss. I would think that if he could fly he would have done so at that point.

Swanky-Tuna
What was waiting for him under that cliff? Batman with the Infinity Gauntlet on his foot ready to give Surfer the million dollar kick?

Cosmic Cube
I have seen it. Cartoons are inconsistent with the comic books. With Silver Surfer's level of durability, why the hell would hitting the ground hurt him anyway? www.classicmarvel.com say's he can fly without the board, and so does the Fantastic Four DK book. I don't have the Official Marvel Encyclopedia: Fantastic Four, but if it says the same, it must be true.

juggernaut74
Surfer himself stated that he cannot fly without his board. I might have to dig that out and put a picture in here. I have the FF encyclopedia(2004) and it says his board grants him his flight powers. Is that proof good enough. That website you posted is not official Marvel.

juggernaut74
Well if you look at the Marvel power grid on Surfer is durability is a 6 which is not totally indestructable. Surfer at that time was under attack and if he would have let go he would have not been injured from the fall but the landing would have made him a little loopy and not ready to dodge any attacks.

kgkg
well it doesn't really matter cuz the board will be always be with him. it's like saying Gl without his Ring. well and about warp seed read , silversurfer vs rune when rune has ig , LT calls surfer cuz everything(time) is stop then you see him battle some dude then he dementrate his speed(reaction to blast)

and there are other rare occations. it's sufer never shows his true powers, and v1 to 4 are not all surfer comics i got all of them didn't just read one or two lol , and i got all the what if comics computer . I always got lots of comics at home but there are old as hell.

read rune vs surfer

juggernaut74
I am not saying Surfer is not fast. I am saying he cannot fly without his board. No offense dude but I had a hard time understanding your post.

kgkg

Alpha Centauri
It's no point even discussing "...but without his board".

He's the Silver Surfer, with the Silver SurfBOARD.

-AC

savagerampage
Silver surfer would destroy every single one of them. he is one of the most powerful characters in the marvel universe. he has the ability which i read in a wizard magazine to create life. not one of those individuals stand a chance

nigel45
I thought I read in Wizard a couple years ago that Surfer could stand in the middle of a supernova and not even break a sweat. I don't even know what the Marvel power grid is, but it seems like Surfer should be a little higher on it. Can you shed some light on this?

juggernaut74
Well all I can say is I believe Marvel over Wizard. Do what you will.

Cosmic Cube
His energy absorption would allow him to absorb a supernova. Surfer is unnaffected by any intensity of heat, cold, radiation, toxins, or disease.
He can also become intangible, so the supernova's blast would not affect him.

Tron
I never heard of Silver Surfer ever having the ability to become intangible, but someone with better knowledge on him could probably shed some light on the matter.

juggernaut74
Well I can consider myself an expert on Surfer and have never read of a situation where he became intangible. Surfer can absorb MOST forms of energy which makes him highly durable. But he can be rendered unconcious by physical attacks. So somebody at strong as Superman could K.O. Surfer if they got a good shot. Which would be hard to do but is possible.

Swanky-Tuna
I've been hearing that he turns intangible for high speed space flight. So the little rocks don't pelt him to death.

Alpha Centauri
Surfer cannot become intangible.

At least not in any comic I have (aka most of the appearances he's ever made).

-AC

Tron
Well, there you go. When in doubt, ask the guy with a sh*tload of comic issues.

juggernaut74
How many do you have? I think I can compete.

Alpha Centauri
I can't say I've counted and don't think I'm going to either. Maybe when I have to sort them again.

I have all of the volumes, complete. Plus all of his appearances give or take a couple. Most prized being his debut, of course.

-AC

kgkg
well i have not read most of surfer comics yet , but you guys should watch FF4 were doom takes surfer's power he truly shows all of surfers power, in which he made his body harder than diamond so he can withsand high tempatures.

My guess is surfer will survive a supernova , but he will drained of energy doing so , which happend in the surfer Animated series , then thonos makes a star go supernova

Cosmic Cube
Logically, surviving a supernova would charge Surfer up, as he can absorb all of that energy.

kgkg
well ya logically , but he didn't except the supernove he was surfin through space and boom the star goes supernova. It kocked out surfer for a while. (he didn't know about the supernova till it was too late)

Cosmic Cube
Ok, that's understandable.

nigel45
Ah, ok thanks. I thought it meant that no physical attacks could harm him, but apparently not.

kgkg
Of course with enough power anyone can be harmed , but surfer is at a very high level so you will need something Uber powerful to put dent on the surfer.

K3VIL
What about this formation of heroes:

Superman
Thor
Quasar
Green Lantern
Orion
FireStorm
Flash

Why the Flash in in there?
Cause meanwhile the others keep Surfer busy, he can try the IMP.
Infinity Mass Punch.Maybe using it in a flurry of punches.It means hundred of punches of infinity mass, it would knock unconscious Surfer maybe.

kgkg
They will beat surfer , with Thor's help his Hammer will be big help,But flash will be able to do nothing his Infinity Mass Punches will do nothing surfer can move faster than him so it won't do anything he will be like a normal kid running away.

But now that you have Quasar , Gl , Ornion , Firestorm , and THOR ya they can do it . Anybody agree

Alpha Centauri
You shouldn't go by the shows, they're not in continuity.

-AC

juggernaut74
what kind of shape is your FF #48 in. Mine is CGC graded 9.0 valued at $1,200 dollars. I am assuming you have vol 1. #4 also which is a low print run and worth some money too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.